Finally Made It :)

yellow19821

So the other day I was feeling in the mood for wearing my favourite Black Mary janes from new look, so I went out for a drive that evening and stopped some way from home to change into my heels. got back into the car and drove for some more time. I have been longing to work up the courage to wear heel outside of the house for months now and tonight I was feeling 'extra' brave so I went out and put my heels on and drove for some fuel. It was around 1030 in the evening and I just thought to hell with it and went into the garage (which was quiet) and parked the car by the pump. I was just about to get out when another car pulled in behind me. My heart was absolutely racing and I was all of a sudden very nervous! It was too late, I needed fuel and I wasn't about to quit! So I got out of the car as confidently as I could and proceeded to fill the car with fuel. I noticed the car behind me was a lady driving (which made me feel less anxious,(dont know why!)). Then It was time to go and pay, so off I went across the forecourt head held high and heart pumping a plenty into the shop to pay, I stood there and had a chat with the guy behind the counter while my card was processing, and a guy came in and joined the queue behind me. I said thanks to the cashier and made my way back out of the shop towards the car. The lady in the car behind mine had wound down her window and beckoned me to which I approached her. She said 'great heels babe, where did you get them'! I was stunned, we had a chat about where I bought them and then someone else joined the queue waiting for fuel so we had to cut short the conversation. I got back in the car and drove back home, what an absolute load off my mind! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I cant wait for my next outing. I really want to go into a store next to try on some heels, and after this outing I may be doing that sooner rather than later! :wavey::)

post-26254-133522978736_thumb.jpg

Awesome! And great feedback for your first time out.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great first outing. Thanks for posting and sharing your story. I hope it will give others more courage. What a nice conversation with that lady. Some women are impressed with guys who have enough confidence to wear heels in public. I hope you get many more compliments! Steve

I noticed the car behind me was a lady driving (which made me feel less anxious,(dont know why!)). :wavey::)

Well done ! What a great experience !

Interesting that you mention that a lady seeing you made you less anxious. That was my expereince as well and I still prefer to be spotted by women. Their reactions are much more interesting. I sometimes even find myself comparing my heels with those worn by others. I want mine to be higher, better looking and I want to been seen to walk better than they do. Plus I want to make 100% sure that there is no doubt that I am a guy.

Interesting that you mention that a lady seeing you made you less anxious. That was my expereince as well and I still prefer to be spotted by women. Their reactions are much more interesting.

I cant understand why! Maybe It just felt like women are less confrontational than other men? :wavey:

Very nice. As you heel more your confidence will grow. It is always nice to receive compliments from ladies. Just project yourself with confidence and you will have many happy heeling events! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Bravo, yellow! Well done! No doubt that had been a most exciting experience for you. Glad you were able to enjoy your outing, and the shoes looked cool too!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I cant wait for my next outing. I really want to go into a store next to try on some heels, and after this outing I may be doing that sooner rather than later!

Isn’t it amazing how our mind can come up with fear, dread, and foreboding about doing something you have never done before? Sometimes you just have to put you foot in the water to see what it’s like (but don’t mess up a nice pair of heels literally doing that).

Congratulations on the outing, especially the

I went across the forecourt head held high

That is the only way to do it.

By the way… nice shoes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Fantastic story! Kudos to you yellow!

What heel tips are on the mary janes? Did you 'click clack' across the forecourt? :unsure:

Thanks snoots,

They are only plastic tips but you still know that you are wearing heels with the noise they make :mecry:

Interesting that you mention that a lady seeing you made you less anxious. That was my expereince as well and I still prefer to be spotted by women.

Because a woman is less likely to beat you up?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

well done mate..... and great response from the woman behind you... A large amount of my outings are also late night petrol/gas run.... must be something about going somewhere that is open late at night to minimise the amount of people one would encounter.... it's odd though, sometimes i would get nervous wearing a low heel (or even ballet flats with long baggy jeans) but then other times I've done it with not a care in the word with stilettos and skinny jeans.... i suppose it all depends on my confidence on the day/night....