Got discovered wearing trouser socks

hh_pe

Today at work I was "discovered" by the secretary. I was wearing black trouser socks with my regular black mens oxford dress shoes and black pants. While reading a horribly written proposal, I started to slouch at my desk which resulted in my my feet sticking out from under the desk. When she came into my office to give me more proposals, she looked at my feet she said "nice nylons". When the socks are pulled up they have a slight shear look to them. I must have turned red because she immediately followed up with "Its cool". I thought for a moment on how could I convince her they were just "thin socks". As I sat there going "uh, uh" attempting to say something, she asked if my wife knows I'm taking her things. I just started to laugh. She and my wife became very talkative at the Christmas party after a few glasses of wine. Guessing my wife may have said something, or was asked something, I told her the truth, I just like the feeling of the trouser sock over regular cotton socks. She flashed me a great big smile and returned to her desk. When I got home and told my wife what happened, she too started to laugh. She told me that at the party, the secretary asked her if I was "different". She was convinced she saw me in tights once before. My wife said she just redirected the question and never answered it. I told her I want to get a pair of red tights and wear them at the office just to play some mind games with secretary. I'm hoping this will provide some great material for future posts.

You were "outed" but in a neat way. Your secretary sounds pretty cool, and so does your wife. Now you can have some fun with your wardrobe choices for work. Lucky guy!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Howdy, That is an interesting situation. One of my arguments for wearing dark discrete heels under pants to a dark club at night with my wife is that somebody would really have to be looking hard to see them. It is simply interesting that your secretary even noticed your socks. On the positive side, this does give you some capacity to have fun with this at work. Enjoy. Bed, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Minor really. Trouser socks should be absolutely no big deal whatsoever. Usually those paying attention are interested and positive because they enjoy the same and the rest who don't care aren't paying attention.

Today at work I was "discovered" by the secretary. I was wearing black trouser socks with my regular black mens oxford dress shoes and black pants. While reading a horribly written proposal, I started to slouch at my desk which resulted in my my feet sticking out from under the desk. When she came into my office to give me more proposals, she looked at my feet she said "nice nylons". When the socks are pulled up they have a slight shear look to them. I must have turned red because she immediately followed up with "Its cool". I thought for a moment on how could I convince her they were just "thin socks". As I sat there going "uh, uh" attempting to say something, she asked if my wife knows I'm taking her things. I just started to laugh. She and my wife became very talkative at the Christmas party after a few glasses of wine. Guessing my wife may have said something, or was asked something, I told her the truth, I just like the feeling of the trouser sock over regular cotton socks. She flashed me a great big smile and returned to her desk.

When I got home and told my wife what happened, she too started to laugh. She told me that at the party, the secretary asked her if I was "different". She was convinced she saw me in tights once before. My wife said she just redirected the question and never answered it. I told her I want to get a pair of red tights and wear them at the office just to play some mind games with secretary. I'm hoping this will provide some great material for future posts.

I wouldn't worry about her discovery. If I am not wearing hosery I am wearing trouser socks even with my men's shoes. I once had a clerk at Sears remark to me when I was purchasing some really discounted trouser socks at a clearance sale" those are ladies trouser socks", I said that I know and they were for me. They are really no different than men's thin nylon dress socks. She replied back that she has sold those trouser socks to other men and even some pantyhose and knee-hi's too. I told her that I like to wear pantyhose, thigh-hi's and knee-hi's too and who said that they are for women only. She did not reply to my statement and only said thank-you, have a nice day and enjoy wearing whatever you like, I said "Thank-you" , I do enjoy wearing them!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I once had a clerk at Sears remark to me when I was purchasing some really discounted trouser socks at a clearance sale" those are ladies trouser socks"

That would really piss me off....

I'd be likely to reply with something like "And?" or "Sorry, am I required to have a hormonal check to purchase these"?

Funny because the vast majority of goods have absolutely no gender in the packaging. Nothing on boxes or packaging to say "Womens socks"...

Most tights/socks just say "Tights" on them or "Socks"... Its the sales staff that create the problems... Idiots...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

you know, thats not really the best way to respond to a customer that is spending their money to buy the product in question, its stupid & just plain wrong! (I would have either thing to that sales clerk or perhaps both):smile:

Trouser socks made for and marketed to men are found at www.activskin.com . There are 4 different styles of thin, opaque knee high socks, and also sheer socks for men, as well as tights, pantyhose, and stockings.

It's really no big deal for a guy to wear thin socks. Activskin has thousands of customers who do. If you can fit into women's trouser socks, great, but if you need a bigger/longer sock for your feet, check the web site out.

Steve

you know, thats not really the best way to respond to a customer that is spending their money to buy the product in question, its stupid & just plain wrong! (I would have either thing to that sales clerk or perhaps both):smile:

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't understand any salesperson who is either rude or negative in any way toward anyone buying any product. The time I have gone into a store, tried on high heels in front of the sales clerk, then paid for the shoes, I have had some different reactions. But I'm happy to say none of them have being rude or demeaning. And as we have all said before, it's all about the sale.

Funny because the vast majority of goods have absolutely no gender in the packaging. Nothing on boxes or packaging to say "Womens socks"...

I was once in a department store where they had a section marked "womens bras".

I had the strong urge to ask where the mens bras were but could not find anybody to ask.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

mabey your sec,has a boy friend or husband who is a crossdressers are likes womens nylons and shoes , i would'nt worry about it mabey she will get you something nice for x-mas or you birthday

Is English your first language?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

bluejay,, Sears is an iconic American company losing money hand over fist right now. They haven't updated stores and, as a result, have fallen behind the proverbial power curve. They were once headquartered in the world's tallest building (sears Tower) in downtown Chicago but then moved to suburban Hoffman Estates, IL in a money-saving move. They have considered moving here to Wisconsin as our state is more pro-business than Illinois now as a means to stay viable. And you run into this kind of jagoff giving you grief over which gender they think the socks are intended for. The standard line to cut these people down to size is that "Money has no gender in anyone's mind". This should do it. Any sale is a good sale in this turbulent economy and some salespeople need reminding of this. HappyinHeels

I had some kid give me some lip when I was buying something for a former girlfriend. I said 'Don't give the customers any $hit boy, or you'll find yourself without a job'. That was the end of that.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

So today, I did not have red tights on (still need to buy them), but I had a gray pair on with my black shoes and gray pants. I did it on purpose to see if the secretary would attempt to "notice" again. I don't think she did because one of the other partners had her running all day making copies of a proposal he was attempting to get out the door before FedEx came. After the pickup, she left for a long lunch. I have meetings the next three days with clients, so I will not be wearing anything that can be viewed as questionable. The office is hoping to extend a contract with one of the clients, and in this economy, we really need it. I'm hoping on Friday, there will not be many people in the office. My wife suggested in her half joking half serious way that if I did not what to wait for her to purchase the red tights, I should wear a pair of shear black nylons with my pumps to the office in the morning. Her suggestion is making me think of a game plan. As for the boyfriend, she always said her date at the Christmas party was just a friend from school. She has no pictures on her desk of anyone.

bluejay,, Sears is an iconic American company losing money hand over fist right now. They haven't updated stores and, as a result, have fallen behind the proverbial power curve. They were once headquartered in the world's tallest building (sears Tower) in downtown Chicago but then moved to suburban Hoffman Estates, IL in a money-saving move. They have considered moving here to Wisconsin as our state is more pro-business than Illinois now as a means to stay viable. And you run into this kind of jagoff giving you grief over which gender they think the socks are intended for. The standard line to cut these people down to size is that "Money has no gender in anyone's mind". This should do it. Any sale is a good sale in this turbulent economy and some salespeople need reminding of this. HappyinHeels

Happyinheels,

This event in Sears did not happen recently. It was about 5 or 6 years ago when I found this great sale on discontinued trouser socks. This saleslady, probably in her sixties thought that I had picked out the wrong socks for a man. After I told her that I knew the socks were trouser socks and they were for me, she rang up the sale, upon finishing she said that she has sold them to other men and has even sold pantyhose, thigh-hi's and knee-hi's to men, to which I responded that I also like to wear hosery too, with heels and my boring "men's shoes".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Hi hh_pe,

The whole story sounds kind of fun, I mean with being"outed" or just discovered (I prefer) by your Secretary is a good way to understand that if we wear items which some people decide belong to the other genders, we will eventually be discovered. I think its great to be noticed and commented to as that shows people do notice what we wear. However I know your reaction, sudden red faced and obviously "caught" they can either play on our embaressment if we let them or just live up to being different and play back at them. I find that I am getting better about playing it back to them when someone says something but all the same it is out of the blue comments that get us. I suppose it is no different than us commenting to a women about some piece of clothing they are wearing when they do not expect any comments or reaction either.

I am eager to hear what she says when you wear the red tights to the Office, that will be fun!

I had comments by a postal clerk that caught me off guard about my hosiery parcel coming in, I just said I wear them regularly but in a red face. The next time she mentioned wow you must have a collection of shoes by now!, which a replied (expecting her to say something now) "just so many shoes and I can't get them all but I will try! Now I have fun with comments! Also had a great compliment from a security person at the airport last August, saying those are nice boots, I wish I could have found ones like that, but she pointed that remark to my GF and she said "those are his", and I said "I just love these boots too", she smiled!

It takes awhile to be verbally robust but it is fun.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Mtnsofheels

I still haven't worn the red tights. My wife did purchase them, but all last week, and Monday and Tuesday turned out to be one of those weeks. I burned the midnight oil every day working on fixing a proposal one of our senior partners prepared. We recently purchased a smaller company to expand and this senior partner was the president of that company. English is not his first language, so the proposal was full of grammar errors. The stress of having to fix everything suppressed my urge to heel. We got the proposal out yesterday, so today I am playing hooky and enjoying some quiet time at home with the wife while wearing nothing fancy, just my black pumps, black sheer nylons and a leather mini skirt the wife surprised me with.

I still haven't worn the red tights. My wife did purchase them, but all last week, and Monday and Tuesday turned out to be one of those weeks. I burned the midnight oil every day working on fixing a proposal one of our senior partners prepared. We recently purchased a smaller company to expand and this senior partner was the president of that company. English is not his first language, so the proposal was full of grammar errors. The stress of having to fix everything suppressed my urge to heel. We got the proposal out yesterday, so today I am playing hooky and enjoying some quiet time at home with the wife while wearing nothing fancy, just my black pumps, black sheer nylons and a leather mini skirt the wife surprised me with.

I wish my wife was that understanding. Unfortunetly she is not so when it came to her or my interests, my interests had to go. Doesn't mean I don't still have them, just can't act on them. My wife is a wonderful woman and actually has loosened to some extent in the course of our marriage, however it will never extend that far.

I've never had that much of a problem with nylons & sweaty feet. Because there is more ventilation my feet are generally cooler in nylons over socks. As for washing them without the missus knowing, well that's easy. Revert back to the days when washing machines weren't invented - do it by hand in the sink when the missus is out. I've found I have 2 opportunities each week to do my nylon washing, so I own enough pairs to have a clean option all week and do my washing in bulk. Drying is a bit trickier though, but left on the dashboard vent in my car a pair will dry in about 10minutes with the heat on full, and it takes me over 40 minutes each way to work every day :smile:

Hey guys, how do you deal with sweat in nylons ?:smile:

I have worn a pair once, with "regular guy shoes", and they were ruined after 3 hours. And at this price ! Also, how to use the washing machine if you don't tell your wife ?:wave:

As you have discovered you can't mix nylons with guys shoes. Guys shoes tend to shred nylons.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today, I took it to a new level, but had help in doing so. I have a pair of brown 1-1/4 wedge heels from Aerosoles called Songbook (http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/songbook/songbook). When I wear them with my jeans it is hard to know they are womens heels. The great thing is my wife doesn't mind me wearing these out. I knew today most of the office would be out and since I didn't have any appointments, I was going to work in jeans and a polo shirt. As I was about to put on my regular guy shoes, I figured why not have some fun and see if the secretary would notice them. I quickly asked the wife if she had any objections to my plan and she responded "No".

I was the first one in the office at 6:30. The secretary came in at 7:00 and two more partners around 9:00 am. For most of the morning, I stayed in my office taking care of all those little things that just seem to pile up. Around noon, the other partners were out meeting clients for lunch. To my surprise, my wife stopped by to see if I was available for lunch. While she was waiting for me to get my keys, she started talking to the secretary. When I got to the front, my wife goes "I haven't seen you wear those shoes in a while" with an evil grin on her face. The secretary could not see from behind her desk at the time, but I knew she would now have to make an effort to see what my wife was talking about. My wife figured she would come by and help me get discovered since I've been talking about it with her for the last several weeks.

We had a great lunch and upon returning to the office, the wife again made the point to mention my shoes. Before I could say anything, the secretary stands up and asked to see these shoes my wife was talking about. With some ribbing from my wife, I pulled up my jeans to show off my heels and shaved legs. The secretary, with out missing a beat, replies "I've got a pair similar to that, but in black". After talking and laughing about it, we found out she is into the gothic scene outside of work. She said her friends, male and female, wear platform boots, so seeing me was "nothing new" for her. We all agreed some of the other partners wouldn't know how to react to this. I told her that one of the reasons I like to wear trouser socks and heels is it helps me relax when dealing with all the pressure of running a business. She suggested I do it more often at the office when the others are out if it really helps me. I'm not sure where this is going to go, but the fact that she and my wife are both OK with it gives me a sense of relief.

I usually wear pantyhose while flying, as my legs get cold if I don't, and thermals, even thin ones, are just too hot. Usually I wear socks over them, but one day I was in a hurry and about half way to the airport when I realized I'd forgotten to bring socks! I was so rushed I didn't even think to simply pull some out of my suitcase... :wavey:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

After talking and laughing about it, we found out she is into the gothic scene outside of work. She said her friends, male and female, wear platform boots, so seeing me was "nothing new" for her.

Pics or your lying! :) I sorta have this thing for Goth babes. :wavey: I attend ' Raves ' once in a while and have even played at one before.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

ilikekicks, I'm hoping she is willing to share some pictures too. I don't want to push the issue since this is a work environment, but I have to wonder if she made it up in fear of losing her job. I am the most senior partner in the company with 46% ownership and when it come to employee issues, I'm usually the who has to deal with it. I'm going to give it a few more days before I bring it up again. A concern I have, however, is how to handle the other partners if she spoke to them. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a week since I last said anything. Wish I had some great details to report, but I don't. No pictures of her friends yet, work is beginning to pick up so my mind is focused on that, not heeling, and with my leg hair returning (a subject of a different thread), I haven't worn any tights or trouser socks to the office. I'm hoping the work pace will even out a bit and give me a friday when most of the staff is out again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the last two weeks were pure hell. Turns out the secretary told one of the female partners about my heel wearing. That partner then spread it to the other partners. So not only is the work beginning to pick up, I now have to deal with all the other partners wanting to buy me out because of my "lack of professionalism" and "introducing a lifestyle that isn't representative of the companies core values". If I could, I would fire all of them and build up a new staff, but I can't. I don't have the funds to buy enough of them out to gain complete control of the company, and I do need some of them around to keep the clients happy. The really sad thing is my wife is really depressed right now because she thinks it is all her fault. We've had many sleepless nights talking about what we would have done differently, how will we go forward, etc. Regardless of the path forward, I have told my wife it isn't her fault. I reminded her she was supportative in the past, and there is no reason she shouldn't be supportative going forward. If I was really worried about the others finding out, I wouldn't have done it. I guess the only good news out of all of this is I don't think the other partners can gather enough cash to buy me out, and if they were able, I would take several of the large accounts with me, so that would almost destroy the firm. I think they know that too. I wonder what this week will bring.

There are consequences to our actions. Sounds like you thought them out before exposing your hobby but now they are happening. Isn't it a shame that people are so petty that they will ignore everything else you do and your value, all because of what you choose to put on your feet? It isn't like you would go to a client meeting in heels but they just can't get by it in their own head. I often think 90% of people go through life looking to tear down other people, especially those they depend on most. It must make them feel better about themselves, no matter how delusional they may be. I think the only way to really do what you want without consequences is to own the business or work in a job that nobody cares what you do or look like. Most of the public people that we see wearing heels are in the arts, actors designers or artists. People expect them to be eccentric so they can be forgiven for just about anything, including wearing heels. Maybe I should become a famous artist?