Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

This was such a comfortable outfit I went to my favorite thrift store, Meijers, Sams and Remkee with the same outfit minus the denim vest and the addition of a necklace.  I did get a lot of looks and a lot of looks ignoring me.  By late afternoon it was too warm to exert much effort with my boots on but just walking around was fine.  I had a grand time wearing a dress (and it's all JeffB's fault).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

This was such a comfortable outfit I went to my favorite thrift store, Meijers, Sams and Remkee with the same outfit minus the denim vest and the addition of a necklace.  I did get a lot of looks and a lot of looks ignoring me.  By late afternoon it was too warm to exert much effort with my boots on but just walking around was fine.  I had a grand time wearing a dress (and it's all JeffB's fault).

Of course! It's always my fault! HA! Glad to read you had a good time in that outfit!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My, my! You've sure been busy of late, TBG! Bravo to you and your latest ensembles! You continue to be quite the fashionable fellow!

TBG, I like your wooden heeled sandals, always wanted a pair like those…..  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I kept thinking (first mistake) about the lace up boots at DSW and decided to take a second look.  I wore a short black cotton dress under a lady's suit jacket, hose, and flats.  I decided on flats because it would be a lot easier to try on the boots and not have to remove my thigh boots while wearing a short dress.

I really liked the outfit and there was no doubt it was a totally female outfit.  I went into DSW and tried on the boots again.  They are a 12 and a little tight but I expect them to give a little.  They were still a little more than I wanted to pay for them so I asked the cashier if they could be any better than the 40% off they were currently priced.   She said she couldn't but the manager might so she called him to the front of the store.   The manager didn't seem put off talking to a guy with a beard in a dress.  I think he realized he had a sale for an item no one else was going to buy so he offered me 50% and I bought the boots.  I walked back out to the car and got a picture.

post-530-0-91458000-1431799673_thumb.jpg

On the way home I stopped in my favorite thrift store.  I was greeted warmly and one of the ladies hanging cloths on the racks greeted me and said, "You look nice today."  I thanked her and asked if she had put out anything I would like? She suggested I look at the skirts.  I didn't tell her I already had too many skirts, rather, I went over and looked.

I say that they had some hosiery and to my delight they had five pair in my size.  I also found a black half slip to wear with my long black dress.

When I got home I relaced the boots to give my foot width a bit more room and the boots are really comfortable with a 4" stiletto heel.

post-530-0-25634300-1431799673_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-06345400-1431799671_thumb.jpg

I'm expecting them to look really good with jeans.

I really do admire JeffB's ability to put together an outfit that really looks good.  I have always said that my thigh boots were so over the top I could get away wearing anything with them, and that is often what I have done.  The past week or so I have been wearing hose with shorts and flats almost all the time.  I have gotten used to looking down and seeing what normally is a female look.  Once I was used to seeing myself that way it wasn't hard to start wearing a dress. 

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I really do admire JeffB's ability to put together an outfit that really looks good.  I have always said that my thigh boots were so over the top I could get away wearing anything with them, and that is often what I have done.  The past week or so I have been wearing hose with shorts and flats almost all the time.  I have gotten used to looking down and seeing what normally is a female look.  Once I was used to seeing myself that way it wasn't hard to start wearing a dress. 

Well, it's all about proper preparation, experimenting with putting together outfits I think will look nice before I head out into the big, bad public. My goal, just like with any other self-respecting woman, is to look my very best from head to toe, something that's very important to me. As for my "look", I make no bones about it being purely female because that was my goal (see my signature below), and, like you, dresses will soon become part of the regular equation. By the by, cool boots, WBE! They look mondo sharp!

Last night I went out to Kroger's for milk and OJ.  I wore a short black cotton dress, a red leather jacket, a necklace, hose and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels.  I'm not sure why I didn't wear my new boots other than the fact it had been raining and things were wet and I didn't want to mess them up on the first outing.

As wandered the store and got a couple of looks but for the most part it was a quick shopping trip.  I did enjoyed the shopping.  In the parking lot, under the lights, I got a picture.

post-530-0-48112500-1431861795_thumb.jpg

JeffB - Thanks for the comments and advice.  I'm going to have to start putting more effort into going out.  By the way, you were right on the short black dress looking good with thigh boots.

I needed some almond extract for some cookies so I headed to Kroger's wearing a shiney black dress, brown belt, rust suede pumps with 3 ½" stiletto heels, hose, a  necklace, a straw hat.  This not wearing extravagant boots is still taking some getting used to but this is an outfit much more likely to be worn by a lady.

post-530-0-28071600-1431880042_thumb.jpg

In the store I got several head to toe looks.  Since I only wanted a small bottle of extract I didn't bother with a cart so there was nothing to hide behind.  For the most part I was just another shopper, at least I felt that way.

On the way home I stopped in Walgreen and bought two more of the short cotton dresses in pink and blue (JeffB inspired).  None of the staff that know me were on duty so it was like walking into a new store, which is kind of fun.  No one batted an eye at a guy in a dress buying two more dresses.

I stopped in our local park for a few pictures:

post-530-0-93626200-1431880040_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-64844300-1431880041_thumb.jpg

Is TBG feeling a little girly?  Yeah probably.

Last night I went out to Kroger's for milk and OJ.  I wore a short black cotton dress, a red leather jacket, a necklace, hose and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels.  I'm not sure why I didn't wear my new boots other than the fact it had been raining and things were wet and I didn't want to mess them up on the first outing.

As wandered the store and got a couple of looks but for the most part it was a quick shopping trip.  I did enjoyed the shopping.  In the parking lot, under the lights, I got a picture.

attachicon.gifGEDC0011.jpg

JeffB - Thanks for the comments and advice.  I'm going to have to start putting more effort into going out.  By the way, you were right on the short black dress looking good with thigh boots.

I needed some almond extract for some cookies so I headed to Kroger's wearing a shiney black dress, brown belt, rust suede pumps with 3 ½" stiletto heels, hose, a  necklace, a straw hat.  This not wearing extravagant boots is still taking some getting used to but this is an outfit much more likely to be worn by a lady.

attachicon.gifGEDC0012.jpg

In the store I got several head to toe looks.  Since I only wanted a small bottle of extract I didn't bother with a cart so there was nothing to hide behind.  For the most part I was just another shopper, at least I felt that way.

On the way home I stopped in Walgreen and bought two more of the short cotton dresses in pink and blue (JeffB inspired).  None of the staff that know me were on duty so it was like walking into a new store, which is kind of fun.  No one batted an eye at a guy in a dress buying two more dresses.

I stopped in our local park for a few pictures:

attachicon.gifGEDC0014.jpg  attachicon.gifGEDC0013.jpg

Is TBG feeling a little girly?  Yeah probably.

It's good to feel girly ♡ nothing wrong with that. You have good fashion sense, the longer dress suits you, though I prefer the slit in my skirts to be at the back, but that's just my personal choice. I would lose the beard and add a little fake tan on your arms, but again just my opinion. I loved that suit you wore a few weeks ago :wink:

I ran out to Kroger's early this morning while the temperature was still cool wearing a T-shirt under a cropped denim jacket, a necklace, high wasted jeans and my new lace up fabric knee high boots with 4" stilettos.

post-530-0-51766200-1432123260_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-86412600-1432123259_thumb.jpg

I was one of the first customers in the store and the parking lot as almost empty.  This was a quick in and out trip.  One of the produce guys saw me come in and watched me the whole time I was in his area and gave me a friendly Hi.  Several other employees said Hi/Bye as I was leaving.

These boots are comfortable and very easy to walk in.  I did make the effort of not walking through my yard to get to my car, rather I took the cement walkway so as to not mess up the boots on their first outing.  I had almost forgotten what fun it is to wear boots that are just knee high.

post-530-0-31749700-1432123261_thumb.jpg

Yesterday, just to see what it was like, I spent the whole day wearing a short black cotton dress and hose.  Sometimes I wore flats and other time I wore my thigh boots.  I didn't go anywhere but I did have a couple hours of fun with a guitar out in the yard.

post-530-0-05315200-1432123259_thumb.jpg

Bluejay - The pumps are more of an almond toe rather than a marry jane, and they do have a stiletto heel.

Kilty - Neither the long dress nor the short dress have a slit (walking vent).  The beard is my discipline to make sure I stay presenting myself as a male.  I do need to either get some sun on my arms or wear a jacket with those dresses.  My problem with the sun is that I turn into a french fry very easily.

As for feeling girley, I still think it is a chemical balance in my body that shifts from time to time, but I have to admit that I enjoy the feeling.

Thanks for the kind words.

TBG, Who takes your pictures?  Are they self portraits or do you have someone else take them???  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

TBG, Who takes your pictures?  Are they self portraits or do you have someone else take them???  sf

They are all self portraits.   There is a 10 second timer on the digital camera and most of the time I prop the camera on the car at some odd angle.  I use Photoshop to turn the picture when the camera was sitting askew, frame the picture a lot tighter, and correct the exposure and contrast.  The guitar picture was a frame from a video I was playing with.  It would be a lot easier if someone was taking them for me.

TBG

I made a quick trip to Walgreen's for a prescription.  Rather than just wearing women's clothing with thigh boots, I thought I'd try JeffB's model of a guy dressing like a woman.  I started with a salmon T-shirt under a long black dress (with a slip), black lace up boots with 4" stilettos, and a denim jacket.  I added a wide belt and a necklace.

post-530-0-36116700-1432221943_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-57667600-1432221944_thumb.jpg

At Walgreen's, none of the staff I know was on duty so it was kind of like going into a new store.  The folks there were warm and inviting.  I was on a Walgreen's web site and noticed that the employees are trained to deal with customers regardless of their presentation.  I suspect I have challanged that training on several occasions.

I went on to my favorite thrift store where I was greeted warmly.  I wandered around a bit and finally found a belt I liked.

I'm still wrapping my head around going out without my thigh boots.  I did enjoy this outing.

In my last post I mentioned that I had worn the short dress all day, well the next day I did the same thing with the long dress, but I only wore flats.  This wearing a dress all day is also something I'm still wrapping my head around.

I still maintain that how you see yourself is the primary factor in being comfortable with presenting yourself regardless of what your wearing be it jeans, T-shirt, construction boots, to skirts, dresses, thigh boots.

I played at the free store at a nearby church this morning.  While I was there I picked up a light yellow sweater and a black dress.  I went to Kroger's for Milk and OJ wearing the yellow sweater, my shortest miniskirt, hose, an black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.  I really felt like pushing the limit and that skirt does just that.

post-530-0-17225200-1432427253_thumb.jpg

I took a long walk across the parking lot on into the store.  I think a few folks glanced my way.  In the store I got my items and headed for the register all without anyone seeming to notice.

I walked back to the car and headed for a nearby Tuesday Morning.  They were about to close but they let me in.  I was the only one in the store.  I found an item and headed u to the register.  The manager said, "I haven't seen you in here for a while."  

I said that I had been busy and then offered, "You know it's really frustrating to dress like this and no one notices." 

She and the clerk both laughed with me then she said, "Well you have been in here before so we kind of know what to expect."

I said, "Yeah, but I just went through Kroger and nobody noticed."  Again all three of us kind of shook our heads and laughed.  I bid them a good evening and headed out to my car.

I took a couple of pictures on the way home.  I really wanted to be sure what this skirt looked like from the back.

post-530-0-81893000-1432427071_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-43422300-1432427112_thumb.jpg

OK, TBG on the mini skirt. Looks good on you. Most men look better in a mini skirt, than a longer length. JMO.

I recently got a black mini skirt,in rayon and spandex. It's form fitting and even lifts my rear, a bit. Wore it with a new pair of Aerosoles, white, wedge heel sandals and a white woman's tank top. Got a couple compliments on my ensemble.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well done as usual, TBG! Perhaps I'll wear one of my miniskirts on a future outing.

I went to Remkee's and my favorite thrift store wearing a short ribbed cotton dress, hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

The first stop was the thrift store where I wandered the isles looking for anything interesting.  All the ladies clothes were buy one get one so I found four tops that were long enough to be worn  with a belt.  I also picked up a white crape top that is quite flashy (pictures later).

At Remkee I took my time and picked up a couple more tomato plants.  There poor things were end of the season and almost dried out but I didn't have their variety in the garden so, what's a few more tomato plants.

When I got home I planted the tomatoes.  I don't normally wear my boots when I'm gardening but I really needed to get these plants into the ground and watered.

post-530-0-11092200-1432664238_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-17784400-1432664240_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-18644600-1432664239_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-03786700-1432664241_thumb.jpg

OK, TBG on the mini skirt. Looks good on you. Most men look better in a mini skirt, than a longer length. JMO.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I like the mini much more then a knee length.

Well done as usual, TBG! Perhaps I'll wear one of my miniskirts on a future outing.

I know you have a denim one that is at least as short as the one I wore.  Just don't plan on sitting in the park while wearing one.

Wow TBG, that must have took guts!  That mini is short!  That outfit would attract attention on any women let alone a man LOL

I think if I was a gal and wore that outfit and no one noticed I would have been really upset.  As a guy, I as really surprised at ho little attention I generated.

Very daring TBG! Certainly not something to sit down in :nono: the boots look great :cheeky:

Yeah, I had to quickly get out of the car and arrange the skirt and there was no sitting.

I made a trip to Sam's this morning wearing a new black short sleeved top, my shortest denim mini, hose, a necklace, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

At Sams I only needed one item so I didn't bother with a cart.  A couple of the female managers greeted me warmly.  I walked over to the pharmacy and got my one item then spent 30 minutes wandering around the store without a cart.  I did find a package of boy shorts in my size which I hadn't planned on buying but it was the only one they had so I added them to my items and continued wandering around.  I finally headed to the register and out the door.  The guy checking folks out at the door knows me by name and I commented that it was frustrating to dress like this and having no one notice. He said, "Oh they notice, just no one says anything."

I had some time so I headed to a Goodwill.  I wandered around and tries on a pair of size 11 boots with 3" stiletto heels.  they were just too small to bother with.   Trying on boots while wearing a mini skirt is a real challenge.  I managed but not without some contortions.  As I was walking by the register there was a man loudly talking to the cashier about his certainty that he had seen signs that the end is very near.  He was giving a very hard look directly at me and I can only assume I was one of the signs he had seen.  I'm sure in his mind the end of the world is all my fault. :blinkbigeyes:

I headed for my favorite thrift store.  When I walked in a couple of the staff gave me a big Hello.  I looked for anything that caught my interest but didn't find anything even there was still a buy one get one on all women's clothes.

The last stop was Remke to rescue a couple more plants.  The price had dropped from 75₵ to 50₵ per pack of four.  I chatted with a lady in the register line that was also rescuing several plants.

post-530-0-44780300-1432747361_thumb.jpg

Nice look, TBG wearing your mini skirt. I like the look, very much.

I wore a black mini skirt out tonight, but instead of boots, I wore a pair of Aerosoles, white, strappy wedge heel, sandals with 4-1/2" heels, on a 3'/4" platform. Added a white, ribbed tank top and carried  my, "Vera Bradley", floral colored, cross body bag. It was a nice look. I got a couple compliments, at Wegman's Super Market, where I stopped to shop.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

It has been a while since  have gotten on my bicycle so early this morning while the temperature was in the upper 60s F (19C) I ventured out wearing the white crape top I mentioned in post 345309 and promised pictures, a denim vest to mute the impact of the blazing white top (and balance the skort), a 17" denim skort (long for me), white hose, brown pumps with an ⅛" block heel.

post-530-0-48463000-1432900726_thumb.jpg

I took it easy on the ride which is gently roll terrain.  I got friendly waves from the walkers, joggers, and school bus drivers. 

It had just finished raining and the humidity was 94% so I didn't even consider wearing my boots.  I tend to perspire heavily with any exertion and I was soaked after the ride from the road spray and perspiration.  It would have made a real mess of my boots, both inside and out.

Heading for the shower.

TBG,

That is an accomplishment. I've never been identified as a harbinger of the coming apocalypse once in my life. 

I guess it is one of the side benefits of dressing comfortably and enjoying thigh boots.

Nice look, TBG wearing your mini skirt. I like the look, very much.

I wore a black mini skirt out tonight, but instead of boots, I wore a pair of Aerosoles, white, strappy wedge heel, sandals with 4-1/2" heels, on a 3'/4" platform. Added a white, ribbed tank top and carried  my, "Vera Bradley", floral colored, cross body bag. It was a nice look. I got a couple compliments, at Wegman's Super Market, where I stopped to shop.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words.  Complements are always a good thing.

I was out in a neighborhood I rarely visit that has very unsophisticated residents.  I normally don't mess around in this kind of neighborhood but I needed milk and OJ and there was a Kroger store so I pulled into the parking lot and pulled on my boots and headed in.  The temperature was in the low 80sF (28C) so I wasn't wearing my boots while I was driving.  The store was air conditioned and it was quite comfortable wearing my boots.

post-530-0-56798200-1432935023_thumb.jpg

As I was walking around finding the items a very overweight woman about 30 feet behind me started laughing.  This wasn't a tee hee hee laugh rather it was a full loud belly laugh to the point she was gasping for air.  It was enough that everyone was looking at her.  I suspected I was the cause when her daughter(?) was pointing at me and looking at her cell phone, but just to be sure (and not miss a good joke), I turned around and headed back to the area she was in and stood there scanning the items on the shelf.  Sure enough, I was the object of her levity and she started all over again.  I did walk away because she really was struggling to get her breath.

A short time later a guy about 6'2" and 275 lbs. walked up to me in a deserted isle and said, "Hey...I just want to apologize to you because people are laughing at you"  and he shook my hand.  He continued, "I support diversity and I just get so sick of people with minds that narrow." (That's the polite version of what he said).

I thanked him and told him it wasn't a problem and that it happens every once in a while.  I didn't mention that I had intentionally just stood there a second time to get her going again.  We bid each other a good day.

At the register, the fat lady was at the register two lines away and we both got checked out at about the same time.   She continued her levity in the parking lot with a store clerk and was pointing to me while I was about 100' away.  She sobered up a good bit when I put my items in my car and started walking back toward the store where she was.  She headed to her car and I went back o mine.

All in all this wasn't a bad experience but I'll probably not bother with that store again.

All in all this wasn't a bad experience but I'll probably not bother with that store again.

I work at a Kroger branded store in colorado, and even I have to say sorry. However we can't apologize for what our customers do in the store. Everyone is trained how to interact with the customer, and to make them feel welcome, so they come back again.

Hey, there, TBG! Interesting outing you had. Sadly, it stands to reason that we might well encounter less than sophisticated people who find what we do a source of amusement and lack the politeness when it comes to expressing said humor. Fortunately, encounters like that are far and few inbetween.

I work at a Kroger branded store in colorado, and even I have to say sorry. However we can't apologize for what our customers do in the store. Everyone is trained how to interact with the customer, and to make them feel welcome, so they come back again.

I did not mean to malign Kroger or their staff.  I normally shop at two Krogers in my area and the staff is great.  In fact the staff at the store with the laughing fat lady were fine.  The registered mild surprise when I walked in and I'll bet they were thinking, "Now I see why we had that training on welcoming diverse clients."  After thinking about it, I may go back to the store just to reenforce that training.

Hey, there, TBG! Interesting outing you had. Sadly, it stands to reason that we might well encounter less than sophisticated people who find what we do a source of amusement and lack the politeness when it comes to expressing said humor. Fortunately, encounters like that are far and few in between.

Now that I'm a retired IT professional, I see that there is still some usefulness in getting out my "Shit Happens" sign that hung in my office/cubical for years.  It was one of the things that kept me sane (no comments are necessary on how well it worked).

This encounter would have been funny if the people weren't so sad.

I was in an airport recently dressed pretty conservatively in a conservative state. I was wearing a plain top, women's jeans (the only kind i own) and nice ankle boots. While getting my boarding pass, a woman with her sun sort of guffawed and said " Oh God...." clearly directed at me. No bigee - these things happen. The more we do this the more society will change and faster as well.

You did well to maintain your composure, TBG. But those lower down the food chain will have to get used to fashion freedom sooner or later. I found the Vine of you in the store, but it's not worth putting it here. As the girl filming it was laughing so hard, it was very shaky in quality. I think the video has been taken down now anyway. They have some sort of insecurity they need to overcome. Don't worry about this. Stay strong ♡

I went to Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse this morning wearing a long sleeved black shirt, a denim vest, a 19" light tan suede skirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.  With a 19" skirt I wore my boots as knee high boots.

My first stop was my favorite thrift store where I wore flats rather than my boots.  After looking for a while I found long pink short sleeved top that can be worn over a long sleeved T-shirt and can be worn with a belt.  I also found a pair of flats in a 12, but unfortunately they weren't comfortable enough to buy them.  The folks at the store were busy so there wasn't too much time for Hellos and chit chat.

The next stop was Sams.  I did put on my boots at knee high length for this shopping.  I just needed one item so I headed directly for it then to the register.  At the register the manager I know well stopped by and said, "You look nice today."

I thanked her and since there was no one else in line, and I knew the register clerk, I asked if the boots looked Ok at the lower height or should I wear them at full length.

The register clerk (young black lady) offered, "They look good as they are... The skirt you wore the other day looked good with them at the higher length."  I was surprised/flattered she had remembered what I had worn a couple days ago.

I replied, "Yeah but that skirt was a mini and up to here" and pointed to a spot half way up the suede skirt.

The manager agreed, "With that skirt the lower height looks good."

I thanked them both for their advice and bid them a good day.

When I got to Lowes I parked and picked up a materials cart and headed into the store.  I got a couple of glances that seemed to be more surprise than anything else.  I needed a 4x8x3/4 sheet of fine particle board.  This stuff is heavy.  As I was pulling the sheet off the stack, a guy that had two little girls with him offered to help and I took him up on the offer and we cot the sheet onto the cart.  I wheeled it back to the cutting station and went looking for an employee to run the saw.  A few minutes later a guy showed up and cut the sheer for me.

Then next item was a 60lb. bag of mortar mix which was stacked such that I could just reach the bag on the top of the stack (and I'm 6'1" in 5" heels).  I worked the bag off the stack and got showered with loose mortar mix.  I put the bag on the cart and dusted myself off and headed for the electrical area which was on the other side of the store.

I guided the cart across the store, dodging other shoppers as I went.  After some looking I found the items I wanted and guided the cart back across the store so I could exit at the contractors exit (where I had parked).  I checked out and left the cart by the exit and brought my car up to load it.  It took a little doing to get the cut sheets into my little car and being on 5" heels didn't help.

I got the stuff home and grabbed a picture while I was unloading it (my boots had fallen a little lower than I had worn them).  The keen observer will note that TBG still doesn't have enough sense to come in from out of the rain.

post-530-0-40635800-1433192213_thumb.jpg

I really do enjoy wearing a mini skirt.  I found an interesting article from a Japanese reporter on what a guy discovered while wearing a mini skirt.  I have discovered most of the same things.  Of note: I first thought the pictures in the article were of a gal wearing a mini, I was wrong.  The pictures are of the male reporter.

Perhaps this is a little off the subject, but I am curious. Do you do all five nails, or do you leave out the little finger? And how long do you have your nails from the free edge for most effective playing?

I keep the natural nails on my right hand at about 3 mm long, except for the little finger, which I don't use for picking. Of course I keep the nails on my left hand very short for fretting. It is not easy to preserve my nails, as I work construction. It is somewhat easier nowadays, as they have come out with dexterity gloves that you can actually do about 95% of the things you need to do while wearing them. Many construction job sites require that you wear gloves 100% of the time, in order to reduce hand injuries. I think it works. My hands look much better than they did 10 years ago.