Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG,

The guy was definitely being a jagoff to you. If there were such a rule like not being allowed on the golf course unless one is playing golf he could have easily communicated that fact in a normal conversational voice sans megaphone.   On the other hand you could have said you were giving the course its pre-spring aeration treatment and the dipstick probably would have to had to think about it a while :)  HappyinHeels

Steve;

Glad your warm and dry.  Great boots by the way.

Happyinheels;

It seemed like the best thing to do was just do what he said.  He saw me move then ignore him and he drove away.

AZShoeNut;

Skyline is Greek chili.  It has some cinnamon and coco in the seasoning. In the Cincinnati area there are generally several chili parlors in every neighborhood.  It is the custom to treat out of towners to a 5 way.

We got a little more snow this morning, just before rush hour started.  I woke up to the sound of the snow plow going by.  That isn't a complaint since sometimes the local crew neither listens to the weather reports nor notices that it has snowed.  The temperature is 16F (-9C).

post-530-0-78568600-1424268588_thumb.jpg

I cleared the walk again, this time in flats.  The operative word is cleared, so I didn't have to walk in the snow.

post-530-0-80380300-1424268565_thumb.jpg

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The temperature was 10F (-12C) by the time I went out this morning (up from -13F [-25C]).  I shoveled a little more snow and then went shopping wearing black leggings under maroon knit Capezio leggings, a green T-shirt under a green zip up sweater, under a red leather coat, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.  I also put on some light makeup and lipstick.  The lipstick was close to the jacket's color and offers a lot of lip protection in this weather and all the layers were warm.

I noticed the Ohio river at Cincinnati had started to freeze.  This doesn't happen often and isn't enough to disturb river barge traffic, but does indicate it was cold.

post-530-0-11489500-1424466356_thumb.jpg

The first stop was Walgreens for a prescription.  They Elf eye lashes on sale for $1 and I picked up several just because they are fun to wear.   All the conversations were about the weather since they expect me to be wearing boots.

post-530-0-01996200-1424466128_thumb.jpg

Nest I stopped and pumped gas for my car.  This is not the kind of weather to run out (or even low).  There were several folks filling up and no one paid me any mind.

I stopped in Wal-Mart for a few kitchen items and picked up a set of bikini briefs over in the gals area.  I chatted with the folks in the register line just like any other shopper.  In the parking lot I found the folks that were in front of me in the register line were parked next to me in the lot.  This is the second time this has happened to me.

Next stop was my favorite thrift store where they had ladies long sleeved tops for $2.  I bought four in various colors.

The last stop was Remke's market.  On the way in a lady stopped me and asked directions to a store and commented, "I like your boots".  I was unable to help with the directions but I thanked her for the comment.  In the store I ran into the lady that manages the free store where I play guitar on Saturdays.  She told me the store was closed this weekend.  I thanked her then said the I would have to wear these boots over to the store one of these days.  She laughed and said, "Yeah".  There was a TV crew from one of the local stations filming folks "stocking up for the winter weather" and I know I walked right in front of the camera but I didn't notice if the tally light was on.

I got home in time to take in the trash container.

post-530-0-36695000-1424466115_thumb.jpg

All in all, a fun and warm outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

My, my! You certainly have been the busy fellow. Good for you! The weather here has been miserable over the last few weekends, when it hasn't been snowing (got some in today's forecast), it's been colder than sin. Hopefully, I'll be back out and about soon.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

We got snow again last night and it should continue till noon then it warms up to 35F (2C) and we get an afternoon of freezing rain. :nono:

I shoveled again this morning with my boots on.  I put a healthy layer of polish on my boots and I try to not walk in the snow and I really avoid the salted snow.

post-530-0-05315200-1424528052_thumb.gif  <--animated gif

JeffB - Your thigh boots over jeans will keep you warm.

JeffB - Your thigh boots over jeans will keep you warm.

Hmm! Food for thought! I will take your suggestion under advisement.

I went out for a walk around the neighborhood this morning dressed warmly and wearing my black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I encountered several large patches of ice on sidewalks with no snow covering them.   Let me just leave it that walking on inclined ice in stilettos is an acquired skill that I'm still working on.  I didn't slip but I took very small steps and made sure the heel was firmly planted on the ice before I transferred my weight to the ball of my foot.

post-530-0-31298400-1424704961_thumb.jpg

There was guy driving a public works truck with a snow blade that was lowering snow mounds that were left by the snow plows as they roared through.  I walked up to the truck and asked him to cut through a ridge that was going to make it difficult for me to get my car out.  He didn't bat an eye at my heels and said he'd be glad to do it.  I stood in the yard and watched as he smoothed things out and as a bonus spread some salt.  I gave him a wave and a thank you.  I called the City and left a tank you message with the supervisor.  I think his surprise and delight was genuine.

post-530-0-54936400-1424704971_thumb.jpg

JeffB - Take advantage of this bracing weather.  I'm sure you can come up with a good looking warm outfit.                                     

Good move, TBG! I would have done the same thing had it been me in that situation. Heaven knows that city workers (and supervisors) probably get a lot of grief when a citizen is unhappy about something, so it's only fair to laud praise when a worker does a good deed. I applaud your action.

Your crampons look great!

Steve

It was brisk this morning (5F  -15C) but I wanted to go out anyway.  I pulled on a heavy Eagle Bay sweater under a leather vest, jeans, a long leather coat and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stiletto heels.  These boots are a little warmer than my regular pair with 5¼" heels, but the higher heeled pair is easier to walk in because the 4" pair has a lower arch.

post-530-0-20979000-1424801699_thumb.jpg

(I should have pulled the boots up for the picture, and the sweater/vest looks a lot better with the coat zipped or off.)

I mushed my way out to the car and headed for Sam's.  In the store I unzipped my coat and wandered around a bit selecting my stuff.  At the register I had a new clerk that had never seen me before.  There were few customers so there was time to chat.  I commented that it was a little brisk this morning.

"Yeah, I didn't want to come into work today."

"Well I dressed warmly today"

She stepped around the counter and saw my boots and her comment seemed more delighted than critical, "Oh, look what you have on."

"There warmer than the pair I normally wear."

Then she saw the heels, "Oh, I could never wear those.  I tried and turned my ankle".

"Boots are a lot easier."

She gave me a disbelieving look and the clerk at the next register, knows me well, joined in the laughter at my comment.  The three of us bid each other a good and warm day and I headed out to my car.

I stopped at my favorite thrift store and found some stuff I really didn't need but got it anyway.

When I got home I made several trips to my car carrying stuff into the house.  The temperature had warmed up to 15F (-9C) and I was overheating with the effort.  The coat and vest came off and I'll probably have to put on a cooler top.  This is really a cold weather sweater.

I ran out this morning to pay a couple of bills.  I still like to do some of that in person.  Yesterday at the thrift store, one of the items I didn't need but bought anyway was a  maroon (from the label) "Sexy Basic Cowl-Neck Tee".  I wore this with a short denim skirt, black leggings, black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels, and a black leather coat.  I also had on some lipstick that matched the top, and some long black eye lashes.

post-530-0-26931600-1424884236_thumb.jpg

The first stop was to pay the water bill.  Since it is a drive through window, it really doesn't count.  I then headed for a dentist office and, after mushing through a 3' deep snow bank in the parking lot (thigh boots are nice for doing that) and going in, realized I was at the wrong dentist's office.  I went back out and mushed my way back to the car and drove to the correct office.  The receptionist there didn't bat an eye and thanked me (by name without looking at the check) for my payment and asked about my friend that had oral surgery (she is doing fine).

There was a small fruit market a few doors down in the strip mall so I headed in and bought some deli stuff.  One of the other customers gave me a dour look but the two gals and the guy running the place didn't seem to care a whit.

I stopped in a local park (the same park that has the golf course) for a picture.

I ran out to Krogers for some milk.  I wore red turtle neck under a black suede jumper (dress), black leggings, black leather thigh boot with 5 ¼" stilettos, and a red leather jacket.  I used some lipstick that matched the jacket.

post-530-0-91496500-1424974381_thumb.jpg

No one seemed to pay any attention in the store.  When I got to the checkout my favorite clerk said, "Oh that's a nice outfit... black suede."

"I don't think I have ever work it before."

"It looks nice."

I headed back home and grabbed a picture.

Good to see you've been keeping busy, TBG! Your outfits have been absolutely great! Keep up the great work!

I went out shopping thsi morning wearing a blue open neck top, black leggings, a light tan suede skirt, a leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5¼"stiletto heels.

post-530-0-66118400-1425320987_thumb.jpg

Me first stop was a cobbler shop where I asked if he could resole a pair of 9 West knee high boots.  He said it would be a waste of money to try to resole them and he wouldn't take the job.  I asked if he had time for a pair of heel tips on the boots I was wearing and he said he did so I took them off and handed them over.   It only took a few minutes and he did flair the heel tips.  I have been there many times before so he was quite used to seeing me.

The next stop was a Goodwill.  On the way in I was following a lady in a nice pair of OTK flat heeled boots and I gave her a "Nice boots" complement and got a thanks and nice smile in return.  In the store I tries on a pair of low heeled boots in a 11W but it was a no go.  I saw the same lady near the shoe rack and told her if she could wear a heel there was a cute pair of new red suede boots in an 8.  She thanked me but she wasn't interested.  I found a couple of CDs to add to my colledtion.

The next stop was Sam's.  When I walked in the greeter (John) greeted me by name and said they had just gotten a shipment of strawberries off the truck.  As I was shopping I noticed that almost everyone has a box of strawberries.  I took my time and found my stuff.  In the register line I chatted with the folks in front and behind me.  As I was leaving I ran into my favorite manager and she said, "You really look nice today."  I thanked her and she continued, "I really like your boots... I can't wear heels anymore, my ankles are too wobbly".  I told her boots were much easier.

In the parking lot there was another lady with a box of strawberries.  I said, "John said the berries just came off the truck".  She smiled back and said that she would probably eat half of them before she got home.

It was fun outing and it seemed that folks were almost eager to chat today.  I'll chalk it up to it being the first sunny day above freezing we have had in several weeks.

JeffB - Come on JeffB, don't let a little chilly weather (ie. snow, sleet, freezing rain, slush, and near zero temperatures) keep you in. :cheeky:

I went to our local Social Security Office this morning to have them take them start taking out taxes on my benefits.  I thought this was already being done but no use crying over spilled milk.  I wore a little makeup, a blue open neck long sleeved T-shirt under a denim vest, a tan suede skirt with a matching coat, black legging, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos. 

post-530-0-11725100-1425404902_thumb.jpg

I wore a baseball cap when I was outside based on the theory that if my glasses don't get wet it isn't raining (which it was).  I did not wear the cap inside.

post-530-0-50742000-1425404890_thumb.jpg

When I walked in most of the heads in the packed waiting area turned my way.  I got my queue number and sat down and waited for about 45 minutes.  No one paid any attention to me that I could see.  When my number was called I went up to the window and took a seat.  The guy waiting on me did not seem put off in any way and completed the transaction in a few minutes.  I got the impression he wished he could do what I was doing (dressing my way, not changing his deduction).  I thanked him and headed out to my car.

On the way home I saw a thrift store I didn't know was there and stopped in.  The folks were a little surprised at my attire but were friendly as I browsed around.  I found a couple of CDs and DVDs and of all things a black leather skirt.  I don't need another black leather skirt but for $3.50 I bought it anyway.  I really am a sucker for leather skirts. :penitent:

I stopped at my favorite thrift store and got smiles and hellos from the staff as I walked in.  I browsed around a bit but didn't find anything I wanted.  As I left the staff was surprised that I hadn't found anything and kidded me about it.

The last stop was at Remkey's market for a couple of items.  I don't think I will ever understand globalization but I was able to buy cod filets from China for $3.25/lb.  I didn't think you could ship it for that  but...  The folks in the store are starting to get comfortable with my attire.

It was a fun outing.  I'm going to have to figure out if this really is the way I want to present myself most of the time.  I'm very comfortable doing it but I may try going out in more traditional guy attire a couple of time just to remember what it is like and to see if it feels right.  Oh well, still a work in progress.

Hey there, TBG! Well done on your latest outings! I'll try to hit the roads again soon.

I ran out to Kroger's for a few items before the snow hits again.  I wore a salmon T-shirt, my new black leather skirt, black leggings, black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos, and a leather jacket.  I wore the skirt a little higher than I normally do so I had  little higher waist line and the hem cleared the boot tops by several inches.

post-530-0-08483100-1425482659_thumb.jpg

I took my time and probably bought a few things I didn't really need.  No one seemed to mind shopping around a guy in a skirt and boots.  My favorite check out clerk commented, "Oh you look nice this morning".  That's probably she is my favorite clerk.  I told her that I had and found this skirt for $3.50 she wanted to know where I had found it.  I told her about the thrift store.  We bid each other a good and warm day and I headed out to my car.

I stopped in a park for a couple of pictures.  The folks driving by did slow down for a look,

post-530-0-39233400-1425482646_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-11479200-1425482681_thumb.jpg

I just ran out to pick up a prescription and to stop at my favorite thrift store.  I wore a salmon T-shirt, a red leather jacket, my new black leather skirt worn high waisted, hose and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos. 

post-530-0-71959100-1425503460_thumb.jpg

As soon as I got out to my car it started to snow.  It isn't really cold at 37F (3 C) but the temperature is going to drop later and we are in for another mess,

My first stop was the thrift store.  As I walked in both galls at the front counter treated me to a chorus of "You're going to freeze."  The only difference in my outfit from what I had been wearing in the store was that I was wearing hose rather than black leggings.  I laughed with them and assured them that it wasn't that cold outside.

I browsed around a bit and spotted a pair of black leather 5 pocked jeans for $3.50.  Like yesterday, I don't need another pair of leather pants but for the price and being in my size... .  When I took them up to the counter the girls thought they would be warm enough.  I reminded them to not forget how warm my boots are and that got the lady also standing at the counter to look down and see what I was talking about. (She made no comment).

My next stop was Walgreen's for the prescription.  When I walked in and got to the tile floor, my heel kicked out.  I immediately caught it and didn't appear to stumble at all but was reminded that the new heel tips were slick.  I picked up the prescription and chatted with the lady at the cosmetics counter.  As I was doing that a guy walked in with regular guy shoes and slipped at the same spot I did.  I told the cosmetics lady that I had done the same thing and she went to find a walk off mat for the area.

I stopped in a park and took a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-39239600-1425503469_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-73275300-1425503480_thumb.jpg

I'm wearing the leather pants as I write this and the gals were right about being warm.

I hadn't planned on going out today but I managed to break one of my salon nails and had it have it repaired.  I went out wearing a green T-shirt, black leggings, a leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

The first stop was a post office to pick up a shipping carton.  A few heads turned in the parking lot.  This was the first time I had ever used this post office.

The next stop was the nail salon where after a few minutes wait they redid my nails.  The folks at the shop don't even think twice about a guy in boots.

The next stop was at a nearby thrift store where I chatted with the folks but didn't buy anything.  Then across the street to the bakery for a couple of cinnamon twists.  I didn't stop traffic but I got a couple of looks.

The last stop was the downtown branch of the library.  Outside the library was a bunch of black dudes and I think there was a female in the mix, which meant they had someone for whom to perform.  I heard, "Look...at...that" and then a lot of laughter which I'm sure was at my expense.  In the library I went directly to the shelf for my book (Violin for Dummies).

A digression:  I am a finger style guitar player but I primarily play chords.  The violin is a melody instrument that normally plays one note at a time.  There is a world of difference in thinking about a song between those two styles.   The violin is an attempt by me to become comfortable with the melody style.   One thing I have noticed, after practicing with the violin for a little while (I can't take it for a long while), I am delightfully amazed at how good the guitar sounds.

When I went back out to the parking lot the dudes had gone.

When I got home I brought in the trash and recycle bins.

post-530-0-29567100-1425679834_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-42367400-1425679846_thumb.jpg

It was a fun outing.

Perhaps the black dudes liked that fabulous top! :silly: It's warming up in the UK so I am trying to get outside more myself. I even went without really thick tights today, and a black pencil skirt to the shops! I had people look at me, but I paid them no mind. It's a shame Jeff has gone to ground, his jaunts and stylish outfits used to inspire me ♡

Perhaps the black dudes liked that fabulous top! :silly: It's warming up in the UK so I am trying to get outside more myself. I even went without really thick tights today, and a black pencil skirt to the shops! I had people look at me, but I paid them no mind. It's a shame Jeff has gone to ground, his jaunts and stylish outfits used to inspire me ♡

Not to worry, I'm just waiting for better weather before I resume jaunting and inspiring. By the by, TBG, once again, you looked good, your sense of fashion is most impressive.

I went over to the main post office in Cincinnati to mail a package wearing a dark blue long sleeved open neck T-shirt, a denim vest, a denim skirt, dark gray leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼"stiletto heels.  I also had on some eye lashes and mascara.

post-530-0-49873900-1425762111_thumb.jpg

It took the postal clerk about 3 seconds to recover her composure when I walked up to the counter but then it was as if a guy in thigh boots and a skirt mailed packages every day.  We chatted then bid each other a good day.

While I was out I went to Sam's for milk and eggs.  I was just another shopper on a busy Saturday.

I stopped at the Guitar Center just to play a Martin D-35.  Some day in my dreams... :headphones:

There was a Payless and I went in just to see if there was anything interesting.  There was but not in a 13.

The last stop was my favorite thrift store where I was greeted with, "Hi how are you today?"  I found a couple of 8" shelf brackets that will come in handy the headed home.

JeffB -  It's gonna be Spring in two weeks then you'll be telling its too warm to wear your boots. :penitent:

JeffB -  It's gonna be Spring in two weeks then you'll be telling its too warm to wear your boots. :penitent:

Come now, TBG! I've worn my thigh boots in August, more than once in fact. That's no big deal.

Never mind thigh boots! It was 40F here today in central Ohio and I was too hot in KNEE boots (my new Payless "Mara" boots with 4" stacked heels). Fun to wear but too hot, especially indoors!

I'm more than ready for sandals! Bring on spring!

Nice outfit, TBG!

Steve

post-4071-0-52590200-1425784465_thumb.jp

I came across a How To Site that actually seemed to have reasonable advice.  I didn't explore too far and I'm sure there is some less than good advice (after all it's on the web) but consider the following (I was interested in thigh boots):

How to Wear Tall Boots

How to wear High Heels (for Men)  The how to choose heels section is interesting,  It recommends trying boots (even thigh boots) first.

At the top of the page there is a search box where you can look for things that interest you.

Steve - I am welcoming the warmer weather (the recent storm went south of Cincinnati so I was spared the massive snow fall).  But, 40F is not warm enough to abandon boots.

JeffB - I am just looking for your take on a winter outfit before it's too late.

I had to run over to my sister's house this afternoon.  I took my boots and skirt with me but didn't wear them, but I was wearing flats.  The rest of my outfit was a short sleeved green T-shirt, gray leggings, and a brown leather vest. 

On the way home, I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos and a denim skort.  I needed an item from WalMart so I pulled into the parking lot and headed in.  The greeter, who had given me a sour look the first time he had seen me, gave me a warm "Welcome to WalMart".  I think he had gotten used to seeing me.  Without going into too much detail, I was looking for a pair of boy shorts and having trouble finding them.  A sales associate came by and offered to help me find them.  We did find them and I thanked her then went browsing around the store.  I picked up a ream of printer paper and two packs of Peeps and headed for the register.  I chatted with the folks in the line and generally agreed that if we were in a hurry we wouldn't have come here.

I stopped and took a couple of pictures.

post-530-0-15092500-1425840462_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-30223800-1425840448_thumb.jpg

It was a short unexpected outing that was a lot of fun.

JeffB - I am just looking for your take on a winter outfit before it's too late.

Don't worry, TBG! There's still time for me to squeeze in a wintertime outfit. March is a tricky month, warm and pleasant one day, cold as sin the next. I'm sure I'll be able to accomodate you.

I ran a few errands this afternoon wearing dark grey leggings, a salmon short sleeved T-shirt under a denim vest, and black leather thigh bots with 5 ¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-36677700-1426105227_thumb.jpg

The first stop was Harbor Freight.  This was the first time I have ever been in this mall and in this store.  I walked in the parking lot and headed into the store.  There were a few surprised looks but that was it.  I probably spent half an hour wandering around looking at all the stuff.  It has been a long time since I have been in a tool store that had that much stuff.  The prices were inexpensive but the tools were cheap.  I would consider having some of that stuff in mu shop but not if I expected it to last very long.  Anyway I only noticed one clerk finding an excuse to walk into the same isle I was in.  All in all a very positive boot place.

The next stops were my usual haunts.  The vet, to pay a bill and to complement the gal at the desk on her new boots.  (She knows me and knows I notice boots.)   The next stop was Krogers for some milk and then to Walgreens.

On the way home I noticed the power steering was making a sucking noise.  I headed for a local auto parts store where I often shop but never before in boots.  I walked in and bought a bottle of power steering fluid.  There were no funny looks or raised eyebrows.  In the parking lot I filled the power steering reservoir, which fixed the problem, and headed home.  It looked like I had not sufficiently tightened the cap on the reservoir the last time I checked it.

All in all a fun, warm (65F 18C) outing.  I just have to get used to these weekly 50 degree temperature swings.

Never mind thigh boots! It was 40F here today in central Ohio and I was too hot in KNEE boots (my new Payless "Mara" boots with 4" stacked heels). Fun to wear but too hot, especially indoors!

I'm more than ready for sandals! Bring on spring!

Nice outfit, TBG!

Steve

I have to find the Payless you shop at. The ones near me never have anything interesting, and their selection of heels quite frankly - sucks. All flats, flip flops, and sneakers.

Heelster,

I bought the Mara boots last fall from Payless online, not in a store. Most of the stores around here have a very limited selection in 12 and 13, so I don't usually find it worth my while to bother going there. I'm hoping they have some decent heeled sandals this season, but I haven't seen anything online yet that I like.

Now back to Thigh Boots. Sorry to digress...

Steve

I played guitar at a church dinner this afternoon.  I sat on stage with my guitar wearing jeans,  a green turtleneck, a denim vest and black leather knee high boots with 2" block heels.  I played two hours of "easy listening" stuff and it was well accepted.  No one even gave my boots a second glance.

With all the rain/snow we have had in the past week, the Ohio river at Cincinnati is at flood stage.  I walked about a quarter mile down to the river and took a couple of pictures and then walked back. 

post-530-0-38655000-1426454342_thumb.jpg

I was wearing a pair of suede pumps for this journey.

post-530-0-91989500-1426454359_thumb.jpg

I ran out to the vet this morning wearing a gold knit turtleneck under a leather jacket, black leggings, a black short skort, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.  I topped it off with some long eyelashes and mascara and lipstick.  The lipstick is the same color as my natural lip color but it just feels better than Chap Stick. The temperature was around 50F (10C), it wasn't raining or snowing and there were big white fluffy cloud in the otherwise blue sky.  It really was a great day to be out and about in boots.

post-530-0-75511100-1426619970_thumb.jpg

The two gals at the desk at the vet both know me.  I was greeted with hellos and smiles.  They had my cat food order ready for me and they asked me about the temperature.   One of the gals commented that yesterday at 75F (24C) was just perfect.  I said, "I was out yesterday wearing flats and I felu undressed."  They both burst out laughing.

The next stop was Sam's.  I took my time wandering around but only got a few items.  A couple people glanced my way but that is to be expected and it's kind of disappointing if that doesn't happen.  Going back to my car I realized the danger of long eyelashes when a stiff March breeze nearly blew one of them off.  There was enough adhesive left on the eyelash to reattach it when I got into my car.

The next stop was Remkey's market.  I didn't recognize any of the staff on duty so I guess I was also new to them.  I had to ask where an item was shelved but other than that I was just another customer.

My last stop was my favorite thrift store.  When I walked in I was cheerfully greeted with "Hi, how are you today?"  Nobody else that came in got a greeting.  I really think they like me there.  I wandered around and found come CDs (compact disk not cross dresser).  I also found a ceiling fan for $3.  Outside there were three older adults that looks like they were right form south eastern Kentucky and had lived a hard life.  From their reaction I'm pretty sure they had never seen anyone dressed like I was (guy or gal).  As I was walking in, one of the guys poked the other guy and made him turn around so he could see me.  When I came out they were waiting for me and the guy poked the lady and said something like, "There he is."  She looked at me broke out laughing with her head on the chest of the guy that poked her.  I kind of looked their way and smiled then busied myself loading the fully assembled ceiling fan into my car.

I got home and grabbed a picture.  Then I took the fan apart and cleaned and oiled it.  To my surprise it worked and only needed minor repair.  I'l fave another outing to Lowe's for some fan hanging hardware.

I went to Lowe's to get some mounting hardwad for my new ceiling fan wearing a green short sleeved T-shirt under a leather jacket, black leggings, and a short brown leather skirt.  I had my boots in the car so I left home in brown pumps with ⅛" heels (flats).

post-530-0-21428900-1426816588_thumb.jpg

When I got to Lowe's I pulled on my thigh boots and headed in. 

post-530-0-63801500-1426816602_thumb.jpg

One of the clerks, who I had never seen before, acted like he had known me all his life.  I neither encouraged him nor discouraged him as he talked to me.  As I was walking around I heard, "Oh Sh.." from behind me. I glanced back and saw a guy just shaking his head.  I assume it was a response to my appearance.  I wandered around and found the stuff I was looking for then headed to the register and out to the car.  This outfit did seem to attract a little more attention than I normally get.

I stopped at my favorite thrift store and there was a different crew that didn't know me so there were no greetings as I walked in.  I wandered around a bit but didn't find anything I wanted so I headed back out.

The last stop was  local market that I sometimes go to, but it has been quite a while.  No one seemed to notice the guy in boots and a leather skirt.

I headed home and installed the ceiling fan.