Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I am most definitely liking this outfit as well, TBG.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted -  Thanks for the kind words.

I went out this afternoon wearing the same outfit I wore this morning except I added a pair of black leather gloves (shoulder length but hidden by the jacket).  I did some drive through banking and stopped in my favorite thrift store where I found another red leather jacket, this time from Sax 5th Avenue, for $6.  Too good of a deal to pass up.

I then headed to a Remkees that also has a bank branch inside the store.  I made a deposit then went to the deli where the clerk filling my order offhandedly said, "You look nice today".  It was such a quick comment I almost missed it.  An off duty cashier stopped me and asked how my friend was doing. (Very well by the way.)  She said she hadn't seen me for a while and was concerned.  We chatted for a few minutes.

I am not surprised that people remember me.  A guy in high heeled boots that shows up more than once is a memorable event (and will be until more guys get out there).  But it does surprise me how often folks that recognize me go out of their way to say "HI" or offer a greeting.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey there, TBG! Great looks in your latest outings! As usual, you exhibit quite a fine sense of style in your fashion! BRAVO!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB - Thanks for the kind words.  This dress wearing is beginning to get habit forming.

A friend has an art studio and asked me to fix the toilet which wasn't filling.  I replaced the flow valve and it fixed the problem.   There wasn't anyone at the studio so it didn't make any difference what I wore. 

I went to a local hardware store that I have frequented for many years.  I've never worn heels there, but I have worn shorts with hose and flats.  Today I wore a grey knit dress with belt, black leggings and black leather knee high boots with 2" block heels.  I was cold enough to wear my red leather jacket.  The jacket was worn closed so the dress was not obvious.  The gals at the counter both have known me for a long time but not as a heel wearer.  As I left both of them seemed to go out of their way to wave to me and call out a good bye.

post-530-0-70709500-1419011239_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB - Thanks for the kind words.  This dress wearing is beginning to get habit forming.

Well, I'd say it all boils down to this: Wear what you like, and like what you wear!  :cheeky:

I went out with my camera while the sun had peeked out from behind the clouds to get a couple pictures of a local park.  I was wearing my red leather jacket, a grey scarf, a LBD (Little Black Dress), black leggings, and black thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels. I did notice several drivers staring more at me than at the road ahead of them, but for the most part no one paid much attention.

post-530-0-47201500-1419192441_thumb.jpg

And after the scarf got in the way too much.

post-530-0-38416000-1419192475_thumb.jpg

One of the things I saw:

post-530-0-60063500-1419192719_thumb.jpg

I took my friend to the dentist today.  She really doesn't like my wearing my thigh boots so I dialed it back a bit and wore knee high boots with 2" block heels.  

post-530-0-88078800-1419288857_thumb.jpg

Later I pulled on my thigh boots and a denim mini skirt and  went to the pharmacy where the gal that waited on me asked me, "Aren't you cold?"  Considering it was about 40F I was actually kind of warm. 

post-530-0-34008100-1419288902_thumb.jpg

I said, "These boots are really warm."  She said it must be her because she really feels the cold.

At the pharmacy I had to park in a far corner of the parking lot which meant I had a nice walk outside>  When I got to my car I noticed the quantity on the prescription was not what I had expected so I walked back in.  The pharmacist said the insurance company changed the quantity.  I wasn't that big a deal so I headed back to my car.

The next stop was a grocery where the parking lot was also full so I had another long walk in and out.  The shopping was a non event.  I felt very confident with what I was wearing and actually kind of forgot about it.

Short but fun outing

Hey there, TBG! Great looking as usual! The red leather jacket is particularly awesome! I'll have to see about getting one for myself!

I ran out to run a few errands this morning wearing a green T-shirt, brown leggings, a black leather jacket, a denim mini skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

I stopped in my favorite thrift store and I found a short light brown leather jacket for $7 (I'm a real sucker for leather coats/jackets).  I also found an ankle length straight line denim  skirt.  I'm going to have to play around with that look since thigh boots with that skirt is kind of a wasted effort.  I wort the new jacket out of the store.

post-530-0-14238500-1419348597_thumb.jpg

And buttoned:

post-530-0-65836800-1419348608_thumb.jpg

Seeing these pictures, I see that I need a high waisted outfit with this jacket.

Pictures of the skirt later.

I ran out this afternoon to Krogers and Walgreens wearing my new leather jacket and ankle length denim skirt with knee high brown boots with 2" block heels. I manager to get my favorite clerks at both stores and they both thought the outfit looked "Snazzy" and "Really good" respectively.  The gal in Walgreens said she couldn't wear a long skirt because her legs were too short.  I told her to get a pair of boots like I normally wear.  She knew exactly what I ment and gave me a good laugh.

post-530-0-47609400-1419361432_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-85569200-1419361446_thumb.jpg

And yes I did sit on a wet step for the picture.

Hey there, TBG! Nice leather jacket you bought. And the price certainly couldn't be beat! Nosiree! I'll have to head out to a thrift shop and see what I can find. Now, this is just my opinion, but I thought that outfit looked better with the jacket unzipped which is often how I wear my jackets, unless it's just too cold and I have to zip up. As for the floor skirt outfit, very nice. Was that the first time you ventured out in a skirt that long?

Was that the first time you ventured out in a skirt that long?

Looking back through the thread found long skirt outings on:

Oct 31 2005

Nov 21 2005

Jan 15 2006

Apr 28 2006

Nov 22 2009

Dec 7 2009

It looks like the short/mini skirt bug but me then until:

Dec 13 2014

which probably is what prompted me to buy this denim one.  All my other long skirts have a long slit but the denim one does not have a slit.  It is a stretch denim and it flairs a little below the knee which makes walking possible. 

Thanks for the advice on the jacket.  Open probably does look best and if it's cold I'll wear a coat.

Glad to have been of service. Learning the ins and outs of fashion is never easy, but it's sure a lot of fun.

I've been out a couple of times the past couple days wearing thigh boots and just enjoyed being out.   I did stop at the vet for some cat food and one of the gals at the desk were wearing knee high boots styled like a riding boot.  She was wearing leggings and a long sweater.  I kidded her (she knows I wear boots and skirts) that she should get a pair like mine at which point both gals at the desk got up and looked over the counter to see my boots.  She said, "I couldn't wear those heels all day at work".  I told he they made them in flats which got me a coy look. 

The other gal said, "Here, let me show you my boots"  and she pulled out her cell phone and paged through some pictures until she found a picture of black knee high boots with at least 4" heels with buckles the full length of the shaft.

They weren't really my style but I said, "Those are nice" and gave her a big smile which she returned.

As I left both were still standing, I think they wanted to see me walk in 5¼" heels, and waved as I walked out of the door wishing new years greeting.

Today I went out wearing a pink T-shirt, denim leggings, my short red leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-20966300-1420309123_thumb.jpg

The first stop was my favorite thrift store where I found an interesting CD and several LPs (for our younger readers, an LP is a 12" disk of vinyl disk with a small hole in the center and a wiggly spiral on each side).  Next I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.   Both stops were uneventful.  The staff at both places know me well and waved and greeted me as I came in and left.

I stopped in a park for a couple of pictures in a picnic shelter because it was raining. 

post-530-0-11190300-1420309135_thumb.jpg

I also stopped and got out of the car to take a couple pictures of the park's lake in the fog.

post-530-0-35800000-1420309152_thumb.jpg

It has been a nice start to the new year.

Great picture of the fog, it makes great outings in boots as you have done. Nice job on the boots and red leather jacket, looks perfect for a day out with the camera. Thanks for sharing, you are a great inspiration for the rest of us!

Hey there, TBG! Nice pictures, nice outfit! I'm just going to have to invest in a red leather jacket as it certainly looks sharp on you!

This morning I ran out to get milk and a prescription.  I wore a pink T-shirt, black leggings, my red leather jacket,  and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

I first stopped at my favorite thrift store where I found a light green sweater.  I wore the sweater rather than the leather jacket even though the temperature was  27F (-3C).

post-530-0-24801600-1420579350_thumb.jpg

At the grocery my favorite clerk said the colors looked good on me.

The rest of the outing was uneventful other then walking in a dusting of snow.

post-530-0-38779200-1420579369_thumb.jpg

I had to take my sister to work this morning when the temperature was -1F (-18C).  I wore a gray knit dress under a bulky gray sweater under my red leather jacket with fleece lined grey leggings over hose and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stiletto heels.

post-530-0-54769200-1420740489_thumb.jpg

I didn't have to get out of the car at my sisters and she really didn't notice I was wearing boots, no less boots with stiletto heels.  My sister really stays in her own world so I wasn't too surprised. 

After dropping her off at work, I went to Lowe's to see if they had a fitting I needed.  One guy did take my picture, I know that because his flash want off.  I asked him if he got it.  He said he didn't and walked off.   Two clerks helped me look for the brass fitting I was looking for but couldn't find one in stock.

I then stopped at my dentist for a quick chat.  I did comment to the receptionist that it was too cold even for these.  She said, "Oh your boots?  Yeah now I know why folks vacation in Florida."  The tone of her comment was that my boots were no big deal.  That felt good in a way but also a little discouraging that my boots were no big deal.

When I got home I grabbed a picture.

I am still amazed/surprised at how comfortable both physically and mentally I am dressing like this.  I guess the receptionist just kind of reinforced that my boots are just another pair of shoes.   It would be easy to fall into the trap (not quite the right word) that BelleDeMer describes in his new thread - Have you had a good cry after heeling of wanting to keep pushing the envelope.

Like this outfit as a whole as well, TBG. Looks comfortably cozy with this frigid weather.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Good for you, TBG! I applaud you for going out and about in such dreadfully cold weather. And your outfit looked awesome!

I took my sister to work again today wearing a very light grey ¾ length sleeve knit dress, gray fleece lined leggings, a light brown leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.  I added a white belt that I wore just below my ribs.  I have a small car so my feet are almost hidden in the pedal well, but the boots are way up above my knees.  She still hasn't noticed.  Some people really are in their own world.

post-530-0-77123700-1420840448_thumb.jpg

After I dropped her off I went to Lowe's for a different brass fitting.  This time I didn't need a sale associate for that part but I did have to ask where the air tools were shelved.  I was directed to the far end of the store where I found what I needed and headed back to the register,  This means I walked the full length and width of Lowe's twice.

After Lowe's I want to Sam's for a few items.  I took my time and noticed I was starting to get warm.  The leather boots and leather jacket, even though I wore it open, were keeping me very warm.  I was generating some body heat because I was wandering around but I was surprised that I had started to perspire.

The next stop was the liquor store where the clerk knows me.  I said, " I am having a tough time dressing in this mode (first time I had ever referred to myself like that) so that I'm warm enough outside and not baking my brains out inside".  The temperature is in the low 20sF (-5C). "Even though it's light, this coat is warm".

She asked why I wore a leather jacket and I said that I just liked it.  She suggested a blazer of fabric jacket if I had to come indoors.  I thanked her for the thought.

Me last stop was my favorite thrift store.  You never know what they will have if you don't stop in so I do whenever I'm in the area.  I found a ling sleeved blue heavy sweater with a zipper front and a dark brown leather vest.  I walked out $6 poorer but happy.

post-530-0-79538100-1420840462_thumb.jpg

I will have to pick up my sister from work tonight and I'll wear a knit dress but with leggings and knee high boots because I know I will have to get out of the car and she has seen them many times before.

JeffB, Shafted -  Thanks for the kind words.

I'm just lovin' these outfits you are showing us more and more. They are extremely flattering on you. Keep up the good work.

Well done, TBG! Well done! You are certainly inspiring me to wear dresses more since you look great in them.

I took my sister to work again and she still hasn't noticed I'm wearing heels. 

Here is a view from the passenger's seat:

post-530-0-63229000-1420995318_thumb.jpg

The pedal well is a little dark but the eye (but not the camera) can see them if you look.

The temperature is in the upper 20sF (-3C) and I found a bulky sweater (with a hood), leather vest, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos to be quite comfortable (physically and mentally).

post-530-0-37587200-1420995331_thumb.jpg

I have mentioned before that I do wear lipstick.  Revlon 467 matches my natural lip color and that Is what I normally wear.  I use 473 if I want a little color.  I haven't tried other major brands but the Revlon is soft and creamy and feels great to put on especially on dry lips, which happens a lot in this cold dry season.  It is a lot more fun than Chapstick or Bert's Bees.

After dropping her off I stopped a t Kroger's for a few items.  I took my time and wandered the store and I don't think anyone notices I was wearing thigh boots with heels.  People behind me must have noticed but I didn't see anyone even give a second glance.  We are expecting an ice storm tonight and my favorer register clerk asked me if I was ready.  I said I was and that it was easy to walk on ice in these (indicating my heels).  You just hit hard with your heel and it goes right through the ice." I demonstrated the technique and got a laugh from her.  Contrary to what I told her, I don't recommend stiletto heels on ice, but the technique does work in an emergency.

post-530-0-49431900-1420995348_thumb.jpg

I needed to get a package to some friends in Florida and decided to give UPS the opportunity to get it there.  I headed over to the UPS office in Cincinnati wearing a light green T-shirt under a red leather jacket that I don't think I have shown before, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5¼" stilettos.

post-530-0-36522900-1421441619_thumb.jpg   post-530-0-77319300-1421441631_thumb.jpg

The folks at UPS expressed no concern about me being a customer.  The lady showed me how to use order entry system and after I completed that, my package was on its way and I was out of the door.  You would think all their customers wore heeled thigh boots.

The next stop was at Walgreens to pick up a prescription.  While I was there I bought a tube of Ľoréal lipstick.  I was looking for a lipstick that was creamier than the Revlon I normally use,  It turns out the Ľoréal is firmer and the color is much more intense so it didn't do what I wanted, but it is a great product.  A little goes a long way.  I am wearing the lipstick in the pictures and the color seems to match the coat which is another good excuse for wearing it (the lipstick).

post-530-0-54234000-1421441653_thumb.jpg

The red jacket with the black boots is an awesome combo that just works.

I took my sister to work again today wearing my red leather jacket, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels  ...

I stopped in a Radio Shack to get a "Y" adapter and the clerk didn't bat an eye, but then he didn't bat an eye when the next guy came in with a studded leather jacket, jeans, and purple hair.  The guy had his son (younger brother?) with him and the kid was dressed quite normally.

On the way home I stopped at my favorite thrift store and spotted a bathroom vanity.  I was looking to replace one and when I looked interested in the vanity the guy running the place said, "You need a vanity... $2 and I'll help you load it in the car."

I said "Sure why not" and went in and paid for it.  When I got it home I put the top in the bathroom where it will be installed butI discovered I will have to rebuild the bottom of the cabinet so I took it to the basement.  The rebuild is no big deal.  So I'll be off to Lowe's for a fixture and valve and hoses. 

Shafted -  Thanks.  This red jacket is a little longer than the other one which is also a little more obviously a ladies jacket.  I'm really liking both of them.

I just spent hours at Lowe's wandering around gathering parts.  Some folks did notice my boots but no one cared enough to give any reaction outside of a glance. 

post-530-0-27341400-1421516729_thumb.jpg

Well done, TBG! That red leather jacket looks great on you, and it goes great with the rest of your outfit.