Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG:-) Your confidence is high if you pull your thighboots on in the car and not realise that you have done that. Therefore, you are practicing just what you have been preaching here. It's just another pair of shoes to you and very normal for you to be wearing them out in public. Now, that's confidence, my man. Cudos again. There are a lot of board members here that wish that they could do what you do day in and day out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey guys, I finally made it back to that nature walk, this time with my 5"(+) thigh boots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I didnt make it for the entire 1/2 mile walk this time, got to about the half way point and decided it would be a good time to take the pics. I was getting a little wobbly by the time I did make it back.

Oh well, need to practice more in these boots :D

Seeya

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

JimC –

A nature trail in 5” thigh boots, what a great show for the little furry critters along the trail. :D

What kind of surface is the trail? If it’s a soft surface, you have to work harder to walk in stiletto heels because the heel will offer little to no support. If it’s an uneven surface it can be almost as bad as a soft surface. Stilettos really were designed for walking on hard flat surfaces.

Still in all, it sounds like a fun outing. I’m sure the critters enjoyed it.

dr1819 –

I wholeheartedly agree.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You should be able to see the synthetic wood planks I am standing on in the photo's, the entire walk is on those. While it is a solid surface there is concern about catching a heel tip in between the planks, so it's not exactly the smoothest most relaxing walk you could imagine :D That, and there is usually someone new in the parking lot by the time you get back. The last time I went through in 4" boots there was a school bus sitting in the parking lot, fortunatly it was just the driver going over some paperwork and not a busload of children. Seeya Jim

This has been a good ie. uneventful boot wearing week. Each morning I have stopped at Bigg’s wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I got very little if any reaction at all. Today being Friday, I wore jeans and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels to Bigg’s in the morning and then shopping at Sam’s Club on the way home. At Sam’s the cashier incorrectly rang up an item by $40 and I didn’t notice the error until I had already paid. That meant we had to get a manager to take me to the service desk for a refund. I went through all the processing wearing boots with 5” heels as though this was what I wore all the time and no one even batted an eye. The clerks I knew at the store asked if I had gotten everything straightened out and presented the friendly faces I have come to enjoy at the store. In the evenings this week I have had to walk up the street to a friends house to feed the cats. The street is well lit and there is a lot of traffic driving by but there are no other pedestrians so I have taken the opportunity to wear my new black stretch fabric knee boots. A couple of times I wore them over black leggings, and a couple of time I wore a full, ankle length ,black leather skirt that covers a lot of the boots but they look great when I walk. It’s still cool enough in the evenings to wear a long leather skirt. JimC - I don’t know why your pictures hadn’t been displaying on my system until tonight but I finally saw them and the boots look great. I really like the “nothing fancy just boots, jeans, and cool shades” look. I now understand how you could take a “nature trail” in 5” heels. I had envisioned the trail as being a dirt trail in the woods. The kind where a park ranger gives tours with lines like “Let’s look at the moss on this tree, and you folks, standing over there in the poison ivy, might want to step a little closer so you can see the moss a little better.” :D

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I decided to try a new avitar. And, yes I do have a pair that tall.

I ran across a site that has hundreds of pictures of a guy that loves boots. URL Removed by Thighbootguy This may be more appropriate on the CD forum but he does have some nice boots.

I ran across a site that has hundreds of pictures of a guy that loves boots. bleep bleep bleep This may be more appropriate on the CD forum but he does have some nice boots.

I went back for a second look, he has some amazing outfits and boots, but I noticed it's a little bit rude!

I had a good boot weekend. Saturday I did some yard work and wore my black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. Not overly practical but fun. Sunday I had to go to Portsmouth Ohio to help a friend with some house repairs. I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” heels and a short skirt for traveling then changed into jeans and the same boots to stop in a Goodwill (thrift store) in Portsmouth. I found another pair of white shorts that will look great with boots. I got a couple of funny looks but for the most part I was just ignored. Before I got to my friends house I changed into flat heeled boots. I worked for a couple of hours then had to go to Lowe’s for some stuff so I pulled on my 4”heel boots and walked in. Most to the time people ignore me but this time it seemed like it was “look at the guy in thigh boots with heels “day. It seemed like everyone in the store managed to stop and look at me. There was one old coot that gave me a hard stare as I walked in. Normally I nod and smile to recognize the interest, but this guy wasn’t worth the effort and I just ignored him. Other than all the attention the trip was uneventful. On the way home I wore the white shorts and my 5” heeled boots and a long black cardigan sweater. I stopped at Mjyers for gas and then went into the store for some stuff (I didn’t really need anything, I just wanted to see how the white shorts and thigh boots worked). The lady that recommended white shorts knew what she was talking about. The outfit did look good and the contrast of the white shorts and black sweater and boots was striking. Lots of folks noticed. When I got to the register the clerk couldn’t really see my heels and asked me, “Have you been fishing?” I turned my foot to show the heel and said, “No, not in these”. Then I asked, “Are they too much?” She replied very quickly, “Oh no, not at all.” It was a fun trip.

that reminds of one time when i was wading in my boots and leather and these 2 dudes in a little fishing boat passed closed by. i was about in about waist deep water and it was very clear. they could see my entire outfit. one of them said "thats some fishing outfit you have on...catch anything yet?" i replyed,no,i had not. the other dude just nodded and said.."probably scared all the fish away"

Hey guys, picked up a pair of 'almost' thigh boots. They are a pair of Miss Sixty round toe, thicker heel boots that go just above the knee. They have a 4.5" heel, and are very soft leather lined. Picked them up for $50 at Nordstrom Rack. Unfortunatly I do not have pics yet, and have yet to find something online. These should be a good intermediate step between the 4" heels I have and the 5" thigh boots I have, so it may not be long before I can wander around in public wearing the 5" heels. As for thigh boots, I just won an ebay auction for what appears to be a pair of The Little Shoe Box thigh high ballet boots. Have fun guys Jim

Today is Friday and that means jeans at work. I stopped into Bigg’s (grocery) on the way to work wearing, a long sleeved blue denim shirt, jeans, black baseball cap, and black leather thigh length boots with 5” stiletto heels. The employees at the store expect me to be wearing boots and don’t pay any attention.

There was a lady who did her best to ignore me and clearly didn’t approve of my footwear. I wound up behind her in the checkout line. I might as well have been on the moon, I have never been ignored so completely.

I hadn’t seen the register clerk before so I said, “So you lucked out and got the early shift”.

“Yeah, third time this week, its going to kill me. I like to sleep late.” I guess she might have seen me before today.

“Well at least its Friday and I get to wear jeans at work”.

“Yeah”.

“And these”, and indicated my boots.

“Cool”, and gave me a nice smile.

What a great start for a day.

crotchboots-m -

I have never understood the fascination folks have with wearing boots in water. Any illumination on the subject would be appreciated.

JimC -

The Miss Sixty boots sound great and I’m looking forward to the pictures, and it sounds like you got a good deal.

I know the difference between a 4” and a 5” heel can be significant especially in a shoe size smaller than a 14, but the difference between a 5” heel and a ballet heel is off the scale. How do you wear a ballet heel?

I went back for a second look, he has some amazing outfits and boots, but I noticed it's a little bit rude!

Some portions DEFINATELY violate forum rules. I would recommend the moderators delete all references.

for thighboots: i really dont know how it got started,but ive been swimming/wading in boots since i was a kid. i like the way it feels...especially walking around in them soaked...the way they feel and sound when u walk in them is a rush for me.

Today has been a good boot day. It started off well (see my last post) and after work I stopped at Bigg’s again, wearing the same outfit. This time the place was full of people so I wandered around a bit and picked up my stuff.. I went to the checkout and got in the longest line. Again this week, a manager called me to a shorter line and it was a nice walk down the line to the register. Lots of folks noticed my boots but no one said a work.

After Bigg’s I went to Lowes garden center to buy mulch and landscape timbers. I got to walk around a good bit finding the stuff and had to get folks to open up the area where the timber were stores. I went through the register two times, once for the much the again alter for the landscape timbers. That means the cashier got to see the guy in thigh boots twice. The second time I was the only one in line so I said, “You don’t see too many guys wearing these”.

“No” and she didn’t look real pleased.

So I went on, “Actually you don’t see any guys wearing them. So, you don’t like then?”

She took a second look and really saw the heels and said, “No, they look nice...they really do”, and gave me a really nice smile.

Great end of the day.

dr1819 -

After looking through more of the material I’m inclined to agree with you. I removed the URL.

Now we know the reply counter will go to 4 digits. Ain't technology amazing.

Thanks everyone for all the great posts.

At lunch today I went to the Goodwill (thrift shop) and found a pair of denim shorts. I put on my Tony crotch boots and took a spin around the neighborhood. I didn’t meet anyone but there was lots of traffic.

Posted Image

TBG: Very nice pic. Ballet heels have two seperate hurdles to cross for walking. One is your weight on your toes, but that can be compensated for with the shape of the boot supporting your foot, and padding to protect your toes and spread out the weight. The other hurdle is the angle your ankle is put into. Some boots, such as Devious brand, are probably similer to a 6" heel, as your ankle is bent significantly. Another brand, from dungeonz.de is mroe similer to a 4-4.5" heel, and can be walked in without people even noticing. Unfortunatly, the two brands are opposite as far as supporting your foot. The devious brands keep most of your weight off your toes, the dungeons have very little support, and even with padding the most I can walk around in them for is about 45 minutes. Didnt mean to hijack your thread at all :D Seeya

Some portions DEFINATELY violate forum rules. I would recommend the moderators delete all references.

Agreed. I don't think anyone was to blame for referring to this here - there are about fifty galleries in total, with a few naughty pictures in a couple of them as far as I could see. On a first look I didn't see anything untoward.

for thighboots: i really dont know how it got started,but ive been swimming/wading in boots since i was a kid. i like the way it feels...especially walking around in them soaked...the way they feel and sound when u walk in them is a rush for me.

It's a good job we don't all like the same things, life would be so boring! The phrase "paddling in wellies" comes to mind.

Another fine boot outing.

I needed some materials from Lowe’s, sand and top soil which are locates at opposite ends of the store so I decided to make two trips into the store, one from each end. I wore a short sleeved shirt, jeans, black baseball cap and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I the first stop was in the building materials department where I picked up 100 lbs. of sand. The shelf pricing wasn’t too clear so I had to ask about the price. Most of the other customers looked like building trade folks that weren’t used to seeing a guy in heels. I got in the checkout line and remembered I wanted something from plumbing. Plumbing is at the opposite end of the store so I walked the full length of the store, got my item, and walked back. I turned several heads in the process.

At the checkout, I was the only one in line so I asked the clerk (middle aged lady), “What do you think?”

She looked the boots over and asked, “Are they comfortable?”

“Very.”

“I could never walk in those.”

“They look bad?”

“No, they look good”

I moved the cart with the sand out to the car and loaded it then drove to the other end of the lot then went into the garden center.

I walked around to be sure they had what I wanted, then got into the checkout line (you pay first and they load the car). After a minute I remembered a downspout part I wanted so I walked around until I found it. One employee (attractive young lady) gave me a nice smile.

I got back in the checkout line and found the clerk with the smile was the checkout clerk. The part I had didn’t ring up correctly so she had to call for help. While we were waiting I said, ”You don’t see too many guys wearing these.”

“No?” (as a question)

“You don’t like them?”

“No, I’ve seen guys wearing them.”

“I thought I was the only guy around wearing them” .

“It was over in Cincinnati there are guys wearing them. There Ok.”

Picking my chin up off the counter I asked, “Where in Cincinnati are guys wearing these?”

“Oh, over are Hamburger Marys, its a bar and of course at The Warehouse”.

By this time I was really holding things up so I had her ring up the topsoil and I waited until they got the correct item number for the downspout part. This meant I was just standing around in thigh boots for about 10 minutes.

When they finally got the number I paid for the part nad headed out to the car. I drove back into the center to let them load the topsoil. Of course I got out to help.

It turns out that Hamburger Marys is a franchise operation that caters to a diverse community. The Warehouse is a similar bar. These places are not in best part of town and I may have to give visiting them some serious thought.

I'll bet you were wondering if she'd seen you before. Am I right?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.