shorts and high heels

mickeyunc

Around the house I wear shorts and high heels, 4" and 5", all of the time. I normally don't wear shorts and high heels in public. Although last year I was wearing shorts while shopping at Target. They had five new styles of high heels I had not seen before in my size. I tried on a few pairs and walked up and down the isles in them. As hot as this summer has been so far, I might just wear shorts and high heels for, if nothing else, just to see the reactions of those who see me.

Shorts haven't been with in my taste, therefore I haven't even considered the combination. However, I'm going to re-evaluate my attitude and see if this look is something I can become comfortable with. Somehow I got the thinking that I shouldn't wear shorts. Maybe it's because when I was the only one heeling in my world, I felt the need to cover/hide my heels from everyone. These thought processes are hard to get rid of, even though I'm a guy who now wears heels exposed enough for everyone to see what I'm wearing. If I do start wearing shorts, I guess removing the hair from my legs will have to become a scheduled ritual like shaving my face. Are cut-offs around the knees in the shorts category?

I do like to wear heels with shorts. I dont wear 4" shoes though,usally 2 to 3". Sandals with straps or slides look the best I think.I would never wear hose with shorts.

Barbara, I ALWAY wear hose with shorts (and capri pants)! I wear hose all the time - pantyhose or thigh highs usually (Comfilon's Activskin - google it), but if I have to wear long pants in hot weather, then knee highs. I hate going barefoot in shoes and I like the support I get from light or full support hose. Most of the time nobody notices, and if they do, they never say anything. To each his/her own! Steve

Oh my! I just realized that I'm going to need some of those foot nylons, if shorts are in my future attire and since I'm partial to wearing court shoes most of the time. Just think! Wear a summer colored shirt and match it with summer colored heels. I use to wear heels barefooted, but ever since I was introduced to nylons, the comfort was increased so dramaticly, that I rarely even try to wear heels without some option of nylons, like sheer knee highs or tights depending on the season and the weather.

Oh Yes! I love my 'Daisy Dukes', I wear them with strappy sandals, clog mules and boots too - cowgirl boots with heels and thighboots. Heel heights can be anything from 2" to 5".

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I like sandals, mules, and clogs in the Summer. Shorts and heels go well together. Hose is another matter. When I lived in the Northeast, with the cooler temperatures, hose may be comfortably worn. However, here in Texas in the Summer (95°F and humid yesterday), hose would not be my choice. With that said, if you feel most comfortable wearing hose, go for it. Gary

I wear short shorts around the house or in the yard with wedge heels unless I'm cutting the grass then it's tennis shoes. Worn short shorts to a few stores but never with heels. There is something magical about the sun warming your smooth bare legs and lighting up you toe nail polish. I guess we all evolve so maybe shorts and heels will be in my future. HappyinHeels:wave:

• 4 months later...

For me, not only do we live on the water but we spend a lot of time at our place at Myrtle Beach. While there during the summer, I usually wear T-shirts, shorts with sandals and slides with 2½ to 4" wedge heels and slip-on sandals to go from the sandy beach to the apartment. We purchased our condos back in the late 80''s and never had any problems of any sort. And, I've even seen other men wearing low wedge heeled slides to restaurants and also to some of the attractions that are available.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi, Never ever wear hosiery with shorts (in my opinion). I always go bare. I only wear short shorts with lower heels max 4inch. (peep toe pumps or sometimes sandals). Perfect legs essential, painted toes preferrable. I will wear really high stilettos with a longer short - more like a fitted capri to my knees. I have openly worn heels for years, and I like to show my heels so that means above knee skirts or shorts all year round. (that said I do wear heels with jeans as well but thats more for comforts sake). What I want to say is that as a 'guy in heels' you can have too much of a good thing. Overtly sexy highs & a mini, or short shorts is too tarty - arguably even for women. It just too much for everyday situations. It draws the wrong attention. My suggestions would be: If you're going to let your hem go right up and show some serious bare leg then drop your heels by a good couple of inches. Keep a stiletto but just lower. If you're wearing a longer skirt/ shorts (mid thigh or longer) then you can dial up the heels. Reach for the skies with a sexy stiletto, go for a bright pair of heels. One exception to mini skirt rule would be with footless tights. A black pair of footless tights and a mini could be paired with higher heels in my mind. cheers Heel-Lover

Today was warm for November - mid 70s F at least, so I wore my girl's short shorts and red 5.5" stiletto sandals, but just around home, inside and out. The short shorts are really comfortable, but the pockets in front are only about 1.5-2 in. deep, so they don't hold much at all (like keys), and the rear pockets are fake - just flaps but no pocket. Changed to regular jeans after the sun went down and it got cool, but am still wearing the heels - about 12 hours today.

How many men or women wear high heels ( 4" and higher) with shorts? and if so do you wear hose?

Hadn't given much thought about shorts. Never really liked shorts as a kid, and never in my later years. Only recently have I started wearing a mini skirt around the house, but that's when nobody else is around. This last summer, it was mini's and Ellie sandals when I wasn't doing work around the house. So much cooler in the summer heat, and it's better than wearing nothing at all.

As for public - - nope - - ain't happening. Well maybe if I had over the knee boots which means I might as well wear jeans as usual.

I have aquired a lot of battle scars on my lower legs from years of construction and heavy industry activities. If I were to go out in a mini and heels. I'd be looking to use stockings to hide the battle scars, so opaque varieties would be required.

Just imagine a dude in a tee shirt, mini skirt, dark thigh hi's and stripper high heels like the ones in my avatar - - - - No - - I still don't think so.