Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

And after another couple of weeks of waiting and another order they finally arrive!!!

They're 6 1/2 inch heel with 3/4 inch platorm, came from an ebay outlet based in the UK but pretty sure made in China.

Ā 

20230626_093722.thumb.jpg.471a485602a7c19cd53d3f31e9397722.jpg20230626_094052.thumb.jpg.c283925785a01ad9b9fd3c4d4bc6f554.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

New boots, Still searching for the perfect knee high stiletto boots, but these shall do the trick until I pull the trigger on a much more expensive pair of custom boots. They're more comfortable than they should be, not quite up to the knee, but I have long legs. At least they hug my calf quite well, which is always an issue. These are most likely my new workout heels, as they are almost six inches, and no platform.Ā 

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bambam said:

New boots, Still searching for the perfect knee high stiletto boots, but these shall do the trick until I pull the trigger on a much more expensive pair of custom boots. They're more comfortable than they should be, not quite up to the knee, but I have long legs. At least they hug my calf quite well, which is always an issue. These are most likely my new workout heels, as they are almost six inches, and no platform.Ā 

image.jpeg

Dang, those are some powerful boots indeed, love the classic styling and tall heels.Ā Ā 

No, it has zippers, won't do another pair without them. I have an awesome pair of lace up knee boots from Onlymaker, but ONLY lace. Love the boots, but never wear them, too much work.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bambam said:

No, it has zippers, won't do another pair without them. I have an awesome pair of lace up knee boots from Onlymaker, but ONLY lace. Love the boots, but never wear them, too much work.Ā 

Kinda figured they must have zips, so they only have to be laced once for a perfect fit...Ā Ā 

Iā€™ve a pair of knee boots - not heels - that are reproduction vintage motorcycle courier boots from WWI and they are lace ups all the way. Yes, they are a bit of a bother to lace up, but thatā€™s all part of it. I wore them on an expedition and had to lace them up every day. I got used to it, but to be sure there were times when I felt like Iā€™d have been happy to trade this authenticity for the convenience of a zip!

• Like 1

I still buy work boots and hiking boots without a zip. Waterproof and supportive. I also kinda don't like seeing macho guys with 'rugged' boots on, and then seeing a zipper on the side. Kills the aesthetic.Ā 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 12:09 PM, bambam said:

image.jpeg

Have to ask, what brand are they??????,,,,,, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WHERE CAN I GET THEM?!??!????!?!??!Ā  I have to have them !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CAT said:

Have to ask, what brand are they??????,,,,,, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WHERE CAN I GET THEM?!??!????!?!??!Ā  I have to have them !

Would love to go boot shopping with you guys!

• 1 month later...

Well at long last I have gone and bought myself a pair of tall white boots, something Iā€™ve wanted since I was a kid and secretly fancied a pair of go-go boots as worn by a pretty red-haired girl in my seventh grade class. these arenā€™t exactly go-go boots, but are a nice OTK approximation, in cream rather than the classic white patent, but I am pleased with them. I found them by accident when I just happened to glance at the Long Tall Sally website, on spec, and after wavering a couple of days, bought a pair - even though space is very! Very tight in my new off-grid home!

They are not real leather - the only pair of boots I have that arenā€™t - and I certainly notice the difference in feel and quality, but in the other hand they were not expensive, fit well and are comfortable.

https://www.longtallsally.com/lts-cream-heeled-over-the-knee-boots-in-standard-d-fit-p
Ā 

I would still love to find a nice pair of white patent go-go boots but the only ones I ever see are cheap things in fancy dress shops.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Well at long last I have gone and bought myself a pair of tall white boots, something Iā€™ve wanted since I was a kid and secretly fancied a pair of go-go boots as worn by a pretty red-haired girl in my seventh grade class. these arenā€™t exactly go-go boots, but are a nice OTK approximation, in cream rather than the classic white patent, but I am pleased with them. I found them by accident when I just happened to glance at the Long Tall Sally website, on spec, and after wavering a couple of days, bought a pair - even though space is very! Very tight in my new off-grid home!

They are not real leather - the only pair of boots I have that arenā€™t - and I certainly notice the difference in feel and quality, but in the other hand they were not expensive, fit well and are comfortable.

https://www.longtallsally.com/lts-cream-heeled-over-the-knee-boots-in-standard-d-fit-p
Ā 

I would still love to find a nice pair of white patent go-go boots but the only ones I ever see are cheap things in fancy dress shops.

That is pretty much what I remember also, white patent, with maybe a slightly shorter heel and just below the knee height. My neighbor girl had such a pair, and I seem to recall trying them on until her mom caught us. I can't remember whether the idea was mine or the neighbor girl's--or both.

• Like 2

hopefully it was a meeting of minds - and both of your ideas! Yes, I recall a shorter heel and just below the knees. I was such a daydreamy sort I actually didnā€™t cotton on at first that these were only for girls- at the time (c1970) there was so much blurring of boundaries in fashion and with men wearing platforms it seemed plausible. I was deeply embarrassed to discover in the nick of time that Iā€™d been coveting girls boots

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:24 AM, Shyheels said:

Ā 

Beautiful, I am so envious

12 hours ago, Shyheels said:

hopefully it was a meeting of minds - and both of your ideas! Yes, I recall a shorter heel and just below the knees. I was such a daydreamy sort I actually didnā€™t cotton on at first that these were only for girls- at the time (c1970) there was so much blurring of boundaries in fashion and with men wearing platforms it seemed plausible. I was deeply embarrassed to discover in the nick of time that Iā€™d been coveting girls boots

"Daydreamy" describes me as well in my school days.Ā  Surely was fixating on my fourth grade teacher's black knee highs, along with one of my classmates.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Beautiful, I am so envious

"Daydreamy" describes me as well in my school days.Ā  Surely was fixating on my fourth grade teacher's black knee highs, along with one of my classmates.Ā Ā 

So, were both you and a classmate fixating on yourĀ teacher - or were you fixating on both your teacher and your classmate?Ā  Ā We really need to get this straight (if that is not the wrong word)!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

So, were both you and a classmate fixating on yourĀ teacher - or were you fixating on both your teacher and your classmate?Ā  Ā We really need to get this straight (if that is not the wrong word)!

Fixated on "Mrs. Levys" boots as well as "Pia's boots", my classmate.Ā  Amazed that I passed the fourth grade.Ā Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Fixated on "Mrs. Levys" boots as well as "Pia's boots", my classmate.Ā  Amazed that I passed the fourth grade.Ā Ā 

For me it was Lori the pretty red haired girl in 7th grade. She had a friend who also regularly trotted around Inigo go boots but it was Lori who caught and held my eye. I wonder whatever became of herā€¦

• Like 2

• 1 month later...