How you feel if you see a man in high heels

doriangrey

I've met several guys in heels. I attended a heel meet in Canton, Ohio, in 2008 with half a dozen guys. I have also met and made good friends with two others on here. I came very close to meeting one other guy, but he had to cancel at the last minute. My time with all of these guys has been fun and enjoyable. We shared stories and experiences and it was interesting to learn what we had in common. I hope more of you have the chance to get together and meet each other. You never know what life-long friends you might make. Steve

Other than myself, I only saw one male wearing heels (David, a member of this forum) It was very nice, friendly and refreshing. But I don't know how I would react if I would see a total stranger wearing heels. I guess if we would make eye contact, I would go speak to him ...

I have seen 1 guy wearing heels in public, and I went over and congratulated him on his bravery. He was a bit took aback by the fact I was confronting him, as he'd been getting laughed by men and women alike. He may be trying to start something new.

Was he well dressed or did he look a plonker?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

How I felt would depend entirely on the situation. Whether it be my father or someone walking on mission street in San Francisco the feeling would not be the same. Perhaps you could be more specific with the question?

No Tech, not like a plonker- at least I didn't think so. He was wearing jeans and a shirt with OTK HH boots on top. I actually quite liked his boots :blinkbigeyes:

Sounds good, shame you were not able to snap a piccie...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

See The Shoegirl's Blog:

http://theshoegirl.blogspot.com/

She (Celine) is/was in New York for Fashion Week and in discussing the People's Revolution Party said: "Anyway, the party was insane. Tons of people and lots of dudes in heels."

One picture posted.

Thanks so much for mentioning me/my blog! I personally love a guy in heels! It means we have an instant connection... our love of heels. :blinkbigeyes:

• Like 1

I have no problems with guys wearing heels - especially if they also pay attention to the other details as well - and wear them with complimentary clothing like a really smart pair of jeans or trousers.

If I did see a guy wearing a particularly nice pair of heels I would definitely compliment him on them and ask him where he found them - I'd probably chat with him little too, about how HE found wearing heels as a man.

Unfortunately in the UK, we don't see it publicly too often, as 'general ignorance' seems to be the default intelligence setting for a large percentage of the population - especially younger people sad to say - and so a guy wearing heels is more likely to be the object of strange looks or even verbal abuse rather than compliments.

It makes my blood boil to be honest. We live in a free World (supposedly) and folks are free to express themselves as they wish.

(PS - 'shoegirl' - your Blog's great!)

• Like 1

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Uh, really, no thrill. I'm attracted to women, not men. "Professional curiosity," certainly, and the two occasions this happened I asked. The first resulted in a medium-level conversation about it. The second resulted in a near-instantaneous rebuff. I'm thinking it may have been one of his first outings.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I have seen 1 guy wearing heels in public, and I went over and congratulated him on his bravery. He was a bit took aback by the fact I was confronting him, as he'd been getting laughed by men and women alike. He may be trying to start something new.

Ami...you are without a doubt the coolest girl in the world!!!

I wish everyone could be like you...even my own fiancée could do with being a little more open minded (she tries her best...bless her!).

Thanks.

Spiker.

I have nothing but admiration for guys in heels. I know a few boys who like heels & have worn them for some time & some who are just getting started - admittedly most of these are from the fetish scene I've not seen any of them out round the supermarket wearing them (yet).

Greetrings Ami, pussyinboots & Malice91 :-)

It is very "refreshing" to read post from open minded women :blinkbigeyes:

(I wish there would be more like you...)

Malice91 :-)

Too bad you are so far away.

If you would visit the supermarket I regularly go to, you would see me wearing heels... :pulsingheart:

I have no problems with guys wearing heels - especially if they also pay attention to the other details as well - and wear them with complimentary clothing like a really smart pair of jeans or trousers.

If I did see a guy wearing a particularly nice pair of heels I would definitely compliment him on them and ask him where he found them - I'd probably chat with him little too, about how HE found wearing heels as a man.

Unfortunately in the UK, we don't see it publicly too often, as 'general ignorance' seems to be the default intelligence setting for a large percentage of the population - especially younger people sad to say - and so a guy wearing heels is more likely to be the object of strange looks or even verbal abuse rather than compliments.

It makes my blood boil to be honest. We live in a free World (supposedly) and folks are free to express themselves as they wish.

(PS - 'shoegirl' - your Blog's great!)

Actually, re-reading this, it's a tie between Ami and pussyinboots...thanks girls you're both AWESOME!!!

Spiker.

As a couple of others have mentioned, it is very rare to see a male heeler here in the Pacific NW. Also, the area I live in is very conservative, so I doubt that I will ever it here. As a matter of fact, it so uptight that when my wife wore her 6 inch stripper style platforms to church it caused a ruckus with some. :blinkbigeyes: Even when she wears some of her less racy heels she gets a few comments like, "How do you walk in those things". I am not a heel wearer myself, but do have not issues with those guys that do. IF I ever do see it happen here, I would be sure to ask where they got their heels if I liked the set that they had on.

Thanks girls for your verbal support! It really means a lot to know there are actually some that aren't totally repulsed and condeming towards men wearing heels. I wish you were representative of every woman's attitude, but alas, society hasn't been so kind as to see it through your eyes yet. It is not all their fault though. We, as males, got caught up in our social standing and the acceptance of other's ideal of manhood, that we ignored what we actually are like. I was watching a television talk show the other day with the subject of intersex. They reminded me that we all start out as female in the womb and then by some direction of nature we may develop into males, but one out of two thousand are born with physical degrees of both designations. The mind is not so transparent to devulge such information as to our orientation in infancy. Later, the social attitude whisks us into the categories it has deemed should be our lot and disregards any of our personal proclivities, especially if we are males with the designated feminine inclinations. Somehow, it is easier to be a female tomboy than a male sissy, so-to-speak. A couple of people were there to tell their story, but the individual that really made the most poignant impression was the person who had been raised a male. When he reached puberty, he started to develop female breast. This was devastating to him and he resorted to self-mutilating his breast by trying to remove them with knives. What a sad commentary on our understanding of people, that they feel so damaged, they are willing to make it right by destroying who they are, even unto death. I dare say, this same mindset is in most everyone that has dealt with this reality, be they male or female. The men who express their desire to wear high heels and even other femininely designated wear are following the promptings from who they are. This is not to spite society, but it is a part of their being that needs satisfaction to also help them feel complete, not that heeling is the only way to achieve this. Had society been more open to understand this reality and let the boys choose their attire, high heeling wouldn't be uncommon in the male public appearances.

If I saw a man in heels I would probbaly stare and do a double take! lol And I wear them myself. This is just a normal recation when you see something that you dont normaly see. As far as other people I think most people would'nt care if heel where worn by men. I have been discrety bringing the subject up with freinds (they dont know I'm a heel wearer) quite frankly I dont think they care if I wore them in private, infact a few know I own a pair of heels lol The problem is if I wore them in public with them. I dont think they would like the posisbility of unwanted attencion brought to them and most importatly to them.....THE GAY FACTOR........lol Im not gay and nor are they but they would not under any circumstances want to give that impression to people and it sad to say if I wore my heel around them they would worry that we where seen as a group of gays. To put it simply its a fear thing........ Then theres the point of view for women. Ok here my take. Men are never gonna get acceptance from 100% of women nor are 100% women ever gonna be turned on by it. And there nothing wrong with that. Id say a quater may find it attractive half would'nt care and a quater would hate it. That not there fault or our fault. I also think there a fear factor with women as well, theres a worry that if people found out there man wore heels or skirts socity would frown on them and reject them (even I have that fear), and my girl freind I thik is in that camp. And on the other note there are plenty of things that women can do that will act as a turn off. All us men have them. For me short hair, I would never go out with a girl with really short hair. Its not that I dont agree with it, its there hair they can do what they like BUT I just simply dont find it attrcative. I know guy that are put off my women in mini skirts or shorts. I personaly dont care it neither turns me on or off. Also I know for a fact that there are plenty of guys who dont agree with women wearing trosuers or haveing short hair, normaly the old fashioned sexist ones. There alway guna be a small percentage of small minded ones. At the end of the day we should'nt ask everyone to like men wearing heels. But they should just accept it.

I'm sort of shy but I think if I saw another guy in heels, I would look at him with a smile and give him a thumbs up (being that it was from a distance). However, if we were closer, I would probably say "Nice shoes, dude!"

Surprisingly, as a male wearer of heels, I feel a little weird when I see another male heel-wearer. (shrugs?) Don't get me wrong - I'm glad they're doing it, but it's not very commonplace (like two in the last three years) so I'm about half as surprised as your average person, though I think I take it in stride a lot better than do most. :smile:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Surprisingly, as a male wearer of heels, I feel a little weird when I see another male heel-wearer. (shrugs?)

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad they're doing it, but it's not very commonplace (like two in the last three years) so I'm about half as surprised as your average person, though I think I take it in stride a lot better than do most. :smile:

I would guess this is a "surmise" on your part....this is the way you would feel should you ever see another guy wearing heels in public? Because I wonder how many or frequently you see another man wearing heels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 8 months later...