How you feel if you see a man in high heels

doriangrey

I'd run over lauging and say "Look! There's a guy in heels!!".... chuckle chuckle... Of course not! I'd not pay him anymore heed as I would a female in heels as that's how I'd like to be treated. Probably less as there are other reasons to notice females.. chuckle.. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Of course not! I'd not pay him anymore heed as I would a female in heels as that's how I'd like to be treated. Probably less as there are other reasons to notice females.. chuckle..

Charlie

That's not so much of a joke. There are plenty of towns here in the UK where PRECISLY that situation would arise....and it would most likely be teenagers - or even some adults.

Disgraceful....and pathetic.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

That's not so much of a joke. There are plenty of towns here in the UK where PRECISLY that situation would arise....and it would most likely be teenagers - or even some adults.

Agreed, absolutely disgraceful...there are still so many people that don't have an open mind to this and many other things...if there is no harm being done then what does it matter...tis a shame.:)

Actually, that would likely occur where I live if I tried stilletos and showed the whole heel. I have more morons around me than I could shake a stick at.. Fortunately, I don't care for anything but a thick block heel and these are easily worn underneath the correct length of pants with no issues whatsoever.

Charlie

/* content removed by moderator */

Agreed, absolutely disgraceful...there are still so many people that don't have an open mind to this and many other things...if there is no harm being done then what does it matter...tis a shame.:)

Indeed. Behaviour like this, stems from just one thing - lack of education. Poor education breeds ignorance, ignorance breeds fear. Fear breeds anger, anger breeds hatred. Hatred breeds violence and disharmony.

Simple human psychology.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 4 months later...

If I saw a man in high heels in public I would feel jealous too I'd wish I could pluck up the courage to do that. I once saw a TV in my local superstore shopping and I regretted that I never complemented him on his high heels. I really wanted to know where he got his shoes from, they were black and white 5 and half inch stiletto heels with peep toe and bow detail gorgeous shoes!! I have made some outings in heels before but I feel I have to do the TV thing just to wear high heels. I have done one new years eve in full drag just to wear my 4 and half inch patent black stilettos in public. My favourite time wearing high heels in public was when I went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Brighton UK last September. The looks I got from young women was great, it was mainly giggles from teenage girls and young ladies. When I left the show to walk back to my hotel I did encounter a group of young men who shouted abuse to me who made it clear that they didn't approve of my attire. I wasn't put off by this I carried on walking in my stilettos and completely ignored the small minded morons, by this time I was walking rather well in my high heels mainly because of the many alcoholic drinks that I had consumed that evening, all in all I had a great time in my high heels and will be going to many more Rocky Horror Picture Shows. :smile::smile:

When I left the show to walk back to my hotel I did encounter a group of young men who shouted abuse to me who made it clear that they didn't approve of my attire. I wasn't put off by this I carried on walking in my stilettos and completely ignored the small minded morons, by this time I was walking rather well in my high heels mainly because of the many alcoholic drinks that I had consumed that evening, all in all I had a great time in my high heels and will be going to many more Rocky Horror Picture Shows.

:smile::smile:

That is the correct attitude to have when confronted by "morons" like those that shouted abuse. And as we have discussed before, some of them were probably jealous of you and how you looked in high heels and secretly wished they had a pair to wear. Keep enjoying your outings in high heels and thank you for sharing this with us.

Shoemaniac don't worry about those morons, they are just idiots who have no identity or style and can't cope with anything that is against the normal. I spent four hours on Saturday wearing 4 inch heels out shopping in Nottingham with the lovely MrsF and not a single bad comment even when we were sat down and my heels were clearly visible. Yes MrsF spotted a woman getting her other half to look at the man in the heels but nothing more than that. I bought MrsF three pars of lovely 5" oxfords as well to make it a special day out in the sun.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

If I saw a man in high heels in public I would feel jealous too I'd wish I could pluck up the courage to do that. I once saw a TV in my local superstore shopping and I regretted that I never complemented him on his high heels...

At least to me, there's a difference between a male wearing heels while dressed in male clothes, and a male dressed in women's clothes (TV). For better or worse, TV's have the whole package (wig, makeup, clothing, jewelry, heels) to either hide behind, or be made fun of. If I was out dressed that way, I doubt I'd be thinking, "Is someone going to comment that I'm wearing heels?".

It's definitely different if you're wearing 100% guy clothes, except for heels.

I'd like to think if I saw a guy wearing heels, I'd try to compliment him, basically on his guts to wear them in public.

At least to me, there's a difference between a male wearing heels while dressed in male clothes, and a male dressed in women's clothes (TV).

I absolutely agree I have on three occasions worn high heels with mens traditional attire but It's always been after dark and with alcohol consumption.

I would like to pluck up the courage just to pop down to the shops in my high heels and wearing my regular mens clothes in daylight. One day maybe? :smile:

At least to me, there's a difference between a male wearing heels while dressed in male clothes, and a male dressed in women's clothes (TV).

I'd say that depends on the clothes. For instance, consider this picture of an outfit I wore in public today:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/purpleandjeans-2.jpg

So, what do you think of my appearance? The shirt and jeans were both from the women's side of the store (JCPenney). If I didn't mention that, would you have known I was a male dressed in women's clothes? Sure, it's not a flamboyant look like that of a crossdresser, but the intent is, in it's own way, similar. Meanwhile, I'd love to meet another male heel wearer, I wouldn't at all be hesitant to compliment him if I did.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'd say that depends on the clothes. For instance, consider this picture of an outfit I wore in public today:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/purpleandjeans-2.jpg

So, what do you think of my appearance? The shirt and jeans were both from the women's side of the store (JCPenney). If I didn't mention that, would you have known I was a male dressed in women's clothes? Sure, it's not a flamboyant look like that of a crossdresser, but the intent is, in it's own way, similar. Meanwhile, I'd love to meet another male heel wearer, I wouldn't at all be hesitant to compliment him if I did.

Only those with a keen eye would notice that the buttons are on the left instead of the right which is a sign that it's a woman's styled shirt. I seem to recall that this button convention goes back to the day when women were dressed by maids and as most people are right handed, it's easier to dress someone else with the buttons on the left.

Charlie

...So, what do you think of my appearance?...

I'd put you in the 'compliment' section. While there are always gray areas, I think most of use can distinguish between someone wearing women's clothes (which, since almost all the heels we all wear are women's, technically puts us all in that category), and those trying to look like a women.

Only those with a keen eye would notice that the buttons are on the left instead of the right which is a sign that it's a woman's styled shirt. I seem to recall that this button convention goes back to the day when women were dressed by maids and as most people are right handed, it's easier to dress someone else with the buttons on the left.

Charlie

Interesting though Jeffs Jeans are right handed for the fly zip/buttons, many of my female cut jeans are opposite handed and I think unless they are "unisex" are this way round in the UK.

Al

• 8 months later...

I'd feel happy, I'd smile, and I would try to let the other know, how I feel. Maybe something would turn up.... on the other hand... ...how would I feel if someone would approach mie on the street and congratulate me on my heels? -That would certainly would make me feel proud and happy, especially if it were to come from a lady.

Well, I would be excited to see another guy in nice boots....I would make every effort to compliment him discretely without being rude or calling attention to him...I sure hope I encounter such a man someday soon! Don

This is a good one with a few more sides to it. How would I react, nice heels so where do they come from. Some times I ask where they got their heels even if I have on intension to go there. Also I like it when others comment or ask. One dude at a checkout line said nice boots but I doubt if I would have the courage to wear them. To which I replied it's easy just stay away from the pointy toes. Also been going through the other replies here and read the one that says I always love to wear high heels but never in public. That is the sort of thing that feels a bit stupid to me. As back some years age I started to sport 1.5 inch heels and that was like nothing. There are some good mockisin toe oxford style shoes with some heel that are quite culturally safe for every day use. Anyway I would probably react with some sort of complement and it would be obvious that I meant it because it is rare these days for me to be out in less that 3 inch.

It depends how that man is dressed in general. If the outfit matches the heels, I'd definitely try and compliment him and respect his courage to be himself. If the guy made a blunder by wearing heels that don't match his outfit one bit and he didn't take the time to groom himself, then it would not please me because he only contributed to the negative stereotype of men in heels.

I think now that I am out and about, I would compliment any one I saw, as I know how that first time feels and the courage you need to over come it, and the fear of the reaction you may drew to yourself, and how I would feel if I were to receive a possitive comment, I would feel great. So should any one else.

I have never seen another man in heels (the only exception was a flamenco dancer). But should it happen, I am sure I will feel curious to know why he's wearing heels. And if it would be for the same reasons as me. I am not sure if I would start a conversation. Depends on the situation, further impression of the guy and if there are other people close or not.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

earlier this month, I was out of a bar when I randomly saw a guy wearing some super cool pair of wedge ankle boots.. I wanted to go inside the bar and take a drink with my wife and compliment the guy, but I was with my parents in law (who are actually very cool) so could not make this detour...