Bootking heeling to California

Bootking

Although this has been a delayed triptik, going home from Oakland via Phoenix to JFK, I was wearing a grey "French Connection" top, black patent belt, the black "Fire" jeans and the lace-up black suede Newport News boots. And to me, amazingly, no comments! Some looks yes, but not a word!

Great pictures! where did you get the fire jeans?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Great pictures! where did you get the fire jeans?

Really good look Bootking, and yes with those jeans nobody probably noticed right away.

Did you wear them all day, most days? Was it warm in them?

Good job!Mtnsofheels

Thanks guys! Fire jeans are from Kohl's. They may not have first noticed them by the black suede over the black denim at first but the "click" is a dead give away! I actually heard the attendant at the gate tell the other one, "It must be a stunt!" I had just passed them. I wore them that day and the prior evening, all day. It was not too warm, but remember, planes and airports are quite nicely air conditioned! I wasn't too hot or uncomfortable.

It's all about the heel!

Color me suitably impressed with that sensational outfit, Bootking! Bravo, my friend! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That, in my humble opinion, is a GREAT look. ;) Being able to wear good looking boots with stiletto heels over jeans sort of makes traveling from Oakland via Phoenix to JFK a fun trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Bootking, they gray boot are killing me! I just got a pair of gray jeans myself and I am thrilled that the color seems to be popping up more and more. Great outfits and great experiences. Your trip to California seems to have been wonderful. Thanks for sharing everything.

Style is built from the ground up!

Bootking, they gray boot are killing me! I just got a pair of gray jeans myself and I am thrilled that the color seems to be popping up more and more.

Thanks HappyFeat, but a bit of an error here (see Max's comments somewhere below). The lighting was poor and the camera is a little old now, but they are black suede on black skinny jeans. They still blend but the color is not gray. Thinking about it, I don't have gray at all, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's all about the heel!

Ahhh...see I am not much of a reader...LOL...I have been having trouble getting the lighting right in my pictures recently as well, so I totally understand how that happens. I just got a new computer and am using Vista (which I find to be pretty good, kind of a nice cheap version of the Mac OS) with Photoshop CS4. Its good practice in any case... Well then, the black boots are killing me....:)

Style is built from the ground up!

• 4 months later...

Had to make a quick business trip out to San Francisco, so I decided to make it a heeling trip! On the way out, I was wearing a gold lurex Style & Co. turtleneck sweater, Express "snakeskin" leather jeans and Colin Stuart 4" calf high leather stiletto boots. Once out there, wherever I went, that was the outfit for Wednesday.

Thursday, wore a Victoria's Secret black velour long sleeve bodysuit, black X2 boot cut jeans and Nine West 4" stiletto red "snakeskin" synthetic knee high boots. At first, I wore the boots under the jeans but after TSA wore them over the pants all the way home.

When I was returning the rental car, I was across the street at the gas station, filling the tank. A woman at the gas station said to me, "I love your shoes!!!!" So, I thanked her! That made my day!! And she didn't even know that they were knee high boots as they were under the pants at that point. I didn't have my camera with me, so these are the iPhone pixs attached. I'll have better ones later.

post-9697-133522899088_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899097_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899106_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899117_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899128_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

All I can say is---WOW!! I really admire your boldness, just putting on the outfits you wore and traveling far and wide! Amazing! Absolutely amazing! And those boots were incredible! Two thumbs up, my friend!

All I can say is---WOW!! I really admire your boldness, just putting on the outfits you wore and traveling far and wide! Amazing! Absolutely amazing! And those boots were incredible! Two thumbs up, my friend!

Outstanding boots and jeans! I LOVE the snakeskin jeans with the tan boots in particular. Its such a wild look. Great job!

Jeff, aren't you the guy that I call bold with the skirts, etc.! Thanks!!

HappyFeat, same goes for you too!

The red Nine West boots are the Blondey model (forgot to mention). I'll have full pics up in a few days.

It's all about the heel!

Jeff, aren't you the guy that I call bold with the skirts, etc.! Thanks!!

Well, you go flying here and there in snakeskin jeans and tan boots! I certainly call that mighty bold, my friend!

Your look is awesome with the leather snakeskin jeans. On a recent shopping trip I wore a pair of lavender leather jeans with a pair of Bass Patent leather ankle boots with a 2 1/2" stack heel. The only comment came from a male clerk in Penny's who asked where I got those leather jeans in the lavender color.

By popular demand, here are the gory details and full pictures!

DAY ONE - Left New England by car, drove to JFK in NY. I was wearing a gold lurex turtleneck sweater from Style & Co., Express "snakeskin" leather jeans, Nine West brown and black leather bag and Colin Stuart 4" heel leather calf boots. I missed the flight as they had a luggage line that I stood on for 1 1/2 hours!!! So I was at JFK for an additional 2 hours waiting for the next flight. Went through TSA and finally to the gate area where I grabbed some food and sat near the gate but at an unoccupied one for privacy. I boarded the flight and flew to San Francisco. NOT ONE COMMENT, not even the woman next to me! Many, many, many people saw me in NY, SF and in the air and not a word although I was seen and heard!

At San Francisco, I took the shuttle train and then a shuttle van to get the rental car, rented the car and drove to the motel in San Mateo. Then went out to Burlingame and walked around and got some dinner and back to the motel. By now, it was a very long day as I got up at 2:30 AM EST and now it was about 9 PM EST and that was it for the day!

See below as I was wearing that all day/eve.

post-9697-13352289932_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899335_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899344_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899357_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899394_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

I think the jeans and boots look seriously "out there" and kinda cool but that top is the kind of thing I'd expect pensioners to be wearing and to me, it doesnt look good at all... Sorry mate, cool from the ground up until you hit that gawdy, tacky looking top... I think its the "lurex" sparkle effect that throws it off.. Maybe a plain tan/stone V neck top/light sweater would have been better?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Sorry mate, cool from the ground up until you hit that gawdy, tacky looking top... I think its the "lurex" sparkle effect that throws it off..

Yup. Ditto that.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

WOW!! Talk about bold! You have that all over me six ways to Sunday, and I wear skirts for fun! What a remarkable outfit! More power to you, my friend!

I agree wth JeffB about that being a bold outfit and showing the heels also. You have got me beat by a country mile too. More power to you as you don't really streetheel all the way, you airheel. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

For the compliments, thanks!! For the brickbats on the top, well, it's all a matter of personal taste. A "guy" would never be wearing anything like either the top, the pants or the boots - so I decided that that the time was ripe.

And all this was out there with the ol' bald head as there was no "en femme" here at all!!

We'll get to Day 2 most likely tomorrow.

It's all about the heel!

WOW!! Talk about bold! You have that all over me six ways to Sunday

You have got me beat by a country mile too. More power to you as you don't really streetheel all the way, you airheel.Dawn HH

You are another one here that inspires me. Keep heeling, my friend.

Here above are three quotes from friends that I take inspiration from; and here, you are telling me the same; WOW and THANKS!!

It's all about the heel!

Very nice outfit Bootking, and i think the top does work well with the snakeskin pants because of its color and texture. I'm sure you must have caught more than a few casual glimpses from the crowds at the airport....a beacon of sorts among the standard drab fashion fare encounterd at airports (especially among men). Please keep pushing the generic fashion boundaries in your own personal way-i appreciate your effort 100%!!!

I think the jeans and boots look seriously "out there" and kinda cool but that top is the kind of thing I'd expect pensioners to be wearing and to me, it doesnt look good at all...

Sorry mate, cool from the ground up until you hit that gawdy, tacky looking top... I think its the "lurex" sparkle effect that throws it off..

Maybe a plain tan/stone V neck top/light sweater would have been better?

Yup. Ditto that.

I'm in agreement here. This outfit is full of overwhelming boldness in all of it's choices: from the top to the pants to the boots to the purse. Each item is bold in it of itself for a man. When combined together, the look is way over the top. It needs to be balanced.

Gold lurex turtleneck top = bold, sparkly

snakeskin pants = super bold print, possibly shiny

WHITE boots = bold, could easily look tacky if dirty.

purse = small size worn over the shoulder is bold

The gold top and white boots don't color coordinate properly in my humble opinion. White in it of itself as footwear is already challenging for the most fashion conscious woman to pull off, let alone the average heel wearing man. Few woman will be seen wearing white, just go to the webs top high fashion sites and see how many white non-bridal shoes you can find. I can see thin strappy white heels on a dress on a woman, but not white boots on a man. The color distracts from the rest of the outfit.

Personally, I'd go for a look like this, see 2d look down or attachment below A White top (the collar adds a subtle uniqueness to her look), black blazer with the sleeves partially rolled up, and black pumps or boots. Here, the white top is muted, the black blazer is muted, and the black pumps are muted. The only real BOLD part of her outfit are the pants. In short, the look is a harmonious balance of bold and muted, with the central focus of her outfit being the pants.

I think guys can pull off heels, but it takes work and effort to study the looks that you wish to wear--BEFORE you buy the pieces, BEFORE you go shopping. As with all things in life, you are going to be good at something ONLY if you put the time into being good at it. The same goes for fashion. And I don't mean limiting your study of fashion to the items in your existing wardrobe either. I mean going out and studying Vogue, studying Glamour, vogue dot com's Best Dressed lists, studying the looks in Lucky or InStyle. Study the fashion blogs. Put the time into educating your eye. You wouldn't expect to go out and master the differences in fine wines on the first try, so don't expect to go out and master the differences between good and not so good fashion choices on the first try either. Personal style is a serious business, not something to be taken lightly and I guarantee if you put the time into developing your style, women will notice -- in a good way.

In the case of snakeskin pants, Balmain's Fall 2008 collection featured red snakeskin jeans. 2/3 looks used a blazer. In one look, model Kim Noorda wears a tank top exposing her shoulders, which based on your build as exposed through your pictures, wouldn't help you (or nearly any man for that matter).

The earliest use of snakeskin pants before the Balmain collection that I could find was the Fall 2002 Roberto Cavalli collection. In this collection, the color of the pants was similar to yours, but paired with a white top and some kind of jacket/cape.

HERE is an example of how a blogger chose to wear her snakeskin print pants.

In the end, it's all evolutionary. You will grow if you spend the time to study what works best with your body type, your skin color, your looks you choose for yourself. Good luck with the snakeskin pants.

EDIT: the above is just my opinion, take it or leave it as you wish.

post-486-133522899494_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Actually, here is an example of a girl who pulls off snakeskin leggings, which look similar to your pants. In this case, she picked a blazer that color coordinated with her leggings, wore black boots, a white t, and chose to accessorize with a home made necklace. In my opinion, she pulls off the look with good style.

http://www.stylescrapbook.com/search/label/snake%20leggings

http://lookbook.nu/look/305701-ITS-BEEN-5-DAYS-8-HOURS-4-MINUTES-AND-1-SECONDS

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Actually, here is an example of a girl who pulls off snakeskin leggings, which look similar to your pants. In this case, she picked a blazer that color coordinated with her leggings, wore black boots, a white t, and chose to accessorize with a home made necklace. In my opinion, she pulls off the look with good style.

http://www.stylescrapbook.com/search/label/snake%20leggings

http://lookbook.nu/look/305701-ITS-BEEN-5-DAYS-8-HOURS-4-MINUTES-AND-1-SECONDS

Kneehighs, nice research and examples of fashion styles that employ the articles of clothing worn by Bootking, but i'm not sure that he was attemptimg to emulate a 90 pound, 20 year old girl...i think he may have taken a more eclectic approach rather than what you have proposed.

Both fashion styles have a place and give us all the ooportunity to make individual statements...statements that need not always be tethered to pre-existing trends.

Both points are well taken. First though, the boots are NOT white; they are beige and are a close match to the beige in the pants as the pants are beige and brown. With a little afterthought, I still would have worn those boots (and I have another pair of boots just a little darker as it really was a toss up for choice) but I probably would have worn a dark brown top. But at 57, I'm not looking to dress like a teen - that wouldn't work at all!

It's all about the heel!

Both points are well taken. First though, the boots are NOT white; they are beige and are a close match to the beige in the pants as the pants are beige and brown. With a little afterthought, I still would have worn those boots (and I have another pair of boots just a little darker as it really was a toss up for choice) but I probably would have worn a dark brown top. But at 57, I'm not looking to dress like a teen - that wouldn't work at all!

I agree with your assessment. Even though it's great to think young, it's important to dress your age. Still, those snakeskin leggings were interesting.