Bootking heeling to California

Bootking

I had a business appointment out in Oakland, CA and as I went alone, I decided to make it a heeling trip. I had a flight from JFK (NY) to Oakland, CA with a stop in Phoenix, AZ, both ways. Interestingly enough, I sat next to three women out of four flights with no comments from anyone!

Anyway, on the first trip I was wearing Nine West "Hot Tamale" three strap pumps, black nylon pants, red shirt with a black wet look zip top over it as a semi jacket. (First three pics). After I checked into the hotel and unpacked, I decided to change the pants for black shiny leggings (from Target) and went out to lunch. More to follow.......

post-9697-133522888151_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522888167_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522888181_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522888197_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522888214_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's all about the heel!

Sounds like this is going to be a fun trip, at least it has started out on the right foot (sorry). ;) I really like the black leggins.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Looks good to me, Bootking. Peep-toe and all. Congratulations on wearing "something comfortable" while onsuch a long trip. Any reaction at the security check points?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bootking:-) I too was wondering if the airport security guards made any comments about your dress. Looks like a smashing outfit to me. You certainly are not hiding the fact that you are wearing heels wth it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Actually, I did not go through TSA with heels, only because I had no time to play with them as I just had time to make the plane. What I did do though was change into heels at the chairs where you put your shoes back on, right at TSA.

It's all about the heel!

Bootking:-)

I too was wondering if the airport security guards made any comments about your dress. Looks like a smashing outfit to me. You certainly are not hiding the fact that you are wearing heels wth it.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Oh, they do notice, even when you've got 'em zipped up in your carryon.

At best, they pretend not to notice. At worst they've snickered with a couple of guffaws.

Not exactly the brightest bunch...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

i think i prefer the looks of those shoes with the dark hose best.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Very nice BK! The outfits you posted are quite bold and well planned, which in my opinion is what makes heeling fun. Though it has been a while for me, trips are an exciting way to experiment with your look - no because people won't know you or anything, a change of scenery really can be a spark of creativity. Anyway, it looks like you are having a blast. I find it impressive that you (and others) fly in heels. TSA aside (they once made me take off my belt, even though I was wearing a 50mm titanium watch they never mentioned,) the airport just seems like it is a perfect place to heel. Please keep us up to date on the progress of your trip and any other adventures you have while traveling.

Style is built from the ground up!

Were you "en femme" entirely? Your top looks like it has a significant bustline. None of the pics show your face or hair, but did you try to "pass" as a woman? If so, I can see where nobody would notice or care about the shoes or the rest of the outfit. Nevertheless, it's a great outfit and you carry it well. Thanks for sharing. GWL

Last trip through Atlanta TSA - I'm in my oxfords as shown at left. Summertime so no coat or jacket to cover the heels in the basket. Tall black TSA guy asks "those your shoes?", as I recover them post xray. "Yes, sir. Just my preference today" was my response. He's right back with "No problem, What ever floats your boat"

Were you "en femme" entirely? Your top looks like it has a significant bustline. None of the pics show your face or hair, but did you try to "pass" as a woman? If so, I can see where nobody would notice or care about the shoes or the rest of the outfit. Nevertheless, it's a great outfit and you carry it well. Thanks for sharing.

GWL

Not at all! In fact, the top in fact is a "male" top from Jockey, I have a few different ones. So, I was neither trying to "Pass" nor en-femme. You could say straight male from the waist up and "female" from the waist down as I had on juniors pants and heels. Thanks for the compliment!

It's all about the heel!

Continuing the story, I decided to go to San Francisco for dinner. On the train, then the trolley coach, the driver didn't tell me the right stop and instead of Chinatown, wound up in Haight-Ashbury! This wouldn't have been bad if I had been there a few days and seen the sites I wanted to see first, but it was what it was. I then hopped a cab but, trusting the driver, wound up on the outskirts of Chinatown, but it was okay for dinner. Unfortunately, it was cold that early evening and I didn't have a proper jacket on; otherwise I would have wandered around a bit. As I had an appointment in the morning, I couldn't hang out late.

I was wearing the black nylon pants from the morning, the red "Jockey" 'T' shirt and a black wet look zippered shirt that I wore over the 'T' and Newport News calf high suede lace-up 4" heel boots.And for HappyFeat and JeffB, in the first and second pix you'll see the black patent faux alligator bag! This was my first time out with a bag!

post-9697-133522888545_thumb.jpg

post-9697-13352288856_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522888637_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522888652_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

My, my! Talk about stylish! Color me impressed as your outfit was really sharp, especially the boots! And a bag too! Will wonders ever cease? HA! Bravo, Bootking! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Looks like you took San Fransisco by storm...love those boots! The bag was a nice touch as well. The funny thing is, carrying a bag is something that you could get used to easily. Glad you are having a wonderful trip and look forward to seeing what you come out with next.

Style is built from the ground up!

BK, from what I understand of SF, which I admit is not a lot, your look would probably be quite passable (esp photo #1). Certainly didn't strike me as too way out for SF and maybe even a bit tame come the evening. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Bootking, as we say in the Canadian oil patch, those pants and boots are f@#$%n awesome!

My only suggestion is to try a different top next time. The simple red t-shirt is not dressy enough with the lower half (I wouldn't wear red with green), the faux leather/pvc doesn't quite match the lower half either.

I'd suggest a corduroy dress shirt either white,beige, brown or black. Another option could be a white/beige dress shirt/long sleeve t-shirt/baby t and over that a black/brown suede vest. You could also go with a suede/corduroy jacket over a dress shirt.

The bag is a nice touch. A fedora hat (something like this http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90026&productId=1227_1023) could also be nice accessory with that look.

A shoulder bag is something I carry everywhere. I really love not stuffing my pockets with a ton of junk (wallet, keys, handkerchief, pocket knife, cell phone, coins, pen, etc.). With a shoulder bag I can carry it all and then some - small flashlight, umbrella, bandaids, business cards and brochures, calendar, memory stick, and even 8.5 x 11 inch papers or a magazine. I keep the essentials within a small fanny pack inside the shoulder bag, so I can just take the fanny pack out quickly if I want to go someplace where I don't want to take the big bag. At first my wife thought I was crazy carrying all that stuff around, but after a few times when she needed a nail file or a postage stamp, she stopped chiding me. Funny how that works. If you wear women's jeans, slacks, capris, or skirts, you will definitely not want to put stuff in your pockets. In fact they may not even have any. Keep the lines nice and straight and put your junk in a bag, where it belongs. Warning: The surgeon general has determined that once you start carrying a shoulder bag, you may never go back to stuffing your pockets again! GWL

Max, your point is well taken except for two small items: first, the pants are black as are the boots (not green). The other point is that I have a relative staying with us at home; meaning - I lost my closet! Almost all of my stuff is inaccessible in the attic until the departure! I do have a fairly extensive wardrobe for this kind of stuff but just inaccessible! So, in English, I'm just making do with what I can get my hands on!

It's all about the heel!

Max, your point is well taken except for two small items: first, the pants are black as are the boots (not green).

Damn! ;)

I was sure it was green when I looked at the photos, didn't read your description to the letter. Serves me right for posting that late at night. My bad. ;)

In that case, red would work nicely although I would go with a turtleneck sweater, not a casual mens t-shirt.

Nice job anyway with what was available at the time.

The bag was a nice touch as well. The funny thing is, carrying a bag is something that you could get used to easily.

I certainly agree with that! The more you carry a bag, the more you'll enjoy it. And you looked natural with yours, Bootking, like you had been using them for years. Again, Bravo on a great trip!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Bootking:-) It sounds like you are doing well on your trip expanding the theme of men wearing heels. Your outfit looked quite co-ordinated to me. Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep us all up to date on your next adventure. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

gwl1, May I ask if your shoulder bag is unisex or feminine?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Unisex, from Staples. American Tourister is the brand. Leather-like material, will accordion to hold a laptop as well as papers, magazines, books, and a spare pair of shoes and pantyhose! Weighs very little empty and it looks good, I've been told. It's basically a soft sided brief case with shoulder strap. GWL

Although this has been a delayed triptik, going home from Oakland via Phoenix to JFK, I was wearing a grey "French Connection" top, black patent belt, the black "Fire" jeans and the lace-up black suede Newport News boots. And to me, amazingly, no comments! Some looks yes, but not a word!

post-9697-133522889182_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522889197_thumb.jpg

post-9697-13352288921_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522889224_thumb.jpg

post-9697-13352288924_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Nice look. The boots are perfect for carrying through the overall slender appearance. I'm not surprised that you didn't get much reaction. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.