Bootking heeling to California

Bootking

Interesting responses by everyone here.

Naturally everyone has the right to dress as they want. Some want to get attention, others want to be balanced in their approach. To be honest, those that dress for attention within professional fashion circles (I mean the fashion elite you see at New York, London, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks) tend to be younger in age.

Frankly, I prefer balance. Others, as evidenced here, prefer the more extreme, which is also fine. Both have their place in the world.

And as far as the young girl example goes, her style with blazer, pants, and heels has no age barriers. Again, study the styles of 40 somethings and 50 somethings and you will see them wearing blazers, pants, and heels. I just couldn't find a photo of a 57 year old woman or man wearing snakeskin pants.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I just couldn't find a photo of a 57 year old woman or man wearing snakeskin pants.

Until recently, KH, there has been a shortage of snakes. However, the global warming has increased their breeding season and they are plentiful these days. (just look in any field with tall grass........ especially in the U.S. Senate) :cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Okay, after all that, let's go to day two!

I was wearing a black velour Victoria Secret's bodysuit, black patent belt, faded black X2 boot cut jeans and Nine West red "snakeskin" synthetic "Blondey" knee high boots with a 4" heel and a black "alligator" bag.

Went to the gas station to fill the car before returning it - that's where the woman behind me said "I love your shoes!!" Of course I thanked her and continued filling the car. Then to return the car to the rental car agency, where I saw the same women in the office as the day before - and the same woman that took me to the airport took me back! No comments at all from them.

Then to the Air train and TSA. After TSA I put the boots over the pants and decided to have lunch (at San Francisco airport). Unfortunately, there were no normal tables left and I had to sit on a high stool. A man came and asked me if he could share the table; I thought that if he wants to sit with a man in red knee high stiletto boots, why not! After that I boarded the plane and flew home from San Francisco to JFK. At JFK, through the terminal, one the Air Train to the car and home. Not one comment from anyone other than the woman in the gas station!!!

post-9697-133522899686_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899703_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899716_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899733_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522899745_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

I love the boots and the outfit you're wearing with them. Doesn't it make you feel good when a woman complements you on the high heels you are wearing? It always at first surprises me, then I just simply thank them very much and go about my business. It sounds like you had another successful and fun outing. I have not yet worn high heels to the airport or on a flight yet. I used to fly all of the time but now my business travel is mostly by car. Thank you for sharing those great pictures with us. You are one of many who inspires us at this site!

Yo, Bootking! Even though the baseball season is long over, nonetheless, you hit yet another home run with that mondo cool ensemble! The top was nice (the chain was a cool touch, I'll have to try that myself), the jeans were sleek and the boots were fantastic! Ditto for the handbag! And I'm sure it must've felt good to have been complimented like you had. Once again, you displayed boldness I've yet to obtain. Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The outfit looks great! The boots are a little bright for my taste, but then I do a lot of boring black. (Maybe I should broaden my taste.) The necklace is a great accessory that really catches the eye and goes well with the watch. The short strap bag really works well and completes the outfit. I’m glad the trip was uneventful and it sounds like you had a great time. Well done.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Bootking, another fantastic outfit! The boots are great (as you know, I tend to like the slightly over the top), but the jeans fit you remarkably well. I also love the body suit and envy you guys who are slimmer than I who can pull it off. The wide belt adds the prefect touch to your slim silhouette. A very well conceived and executed ensemble. Also, I am going to have to fly on heels. All of you guys who do that, including TSA, etc. really impress me. I just don't fly that often, but I may just have to plan a trip.

Style is built from the ground up!

Also, I am going to have to fly on heels. All of you guys who do that, including TSA, etc. really impress me. I just don't fly that often, but I may just have to plan a trip.

That makes two of us, HappyFeat! Sounds like it could be fun! Hell, I might just do Bootking one better and wear a skirt! HA!

Bootking, another fantastic outfit! The boots are great (as you know, I tend to like the slightly over the top), but the jeans fit you remarkably well. I also love the body suit and envy you guys who are slimmer than I who can pull it off. The wide belt adds the prefect touch to your slim silhouette. A very well conceived and executed ensemble.

Also, I am going to have to fly on heels. All of you guys who do that, including TSA, etc. really impress me. I just don't fly that often, but I may just have to plan a trip.

That makes two of us, HappyFeat! Sounds like it could be fun! Hell, I might just do Bootking one better and wear a skirt! HA!

Thanks guys - but from another thread there was a "belly" comment - now, especially wearing a bodysuit, you don't want the belly!! So, to let you in on another secret - Flexees ultra firm torsolette! Works quite well!!

And Jeff and HappyFeat - go ahead and do the one-upmanship through TSA with a skirt! BRAVO!!!

It's all about the heel!

Thanks guys - but from another thread there was a "belly" comment - now, especially wearing a bodysuit, you don't want the belly!! So, to let you in on another secret - Flexees ultra firm torsolette! Works quite well!!

And Jeff and HappyFeat - go ahead and do the one-upmanship through TSA with a skirt! BRAVO!!!

Great advice on the torsolette! I already looked it up and think I just may make the investment.They even come in sizes up to 2X! The holidays have not been kind to my body - I think I found those 10 pounds again - so any little bit will help. I have my eye on a dress a The Limited, if it is still there after the 4th when my coupon kicks in...and a tummy just won't work with it.

We'll see about the TSA in a skirt thing - "in light of recent events" I am not sure that's a good idea at the moment.

Style is built from the ground up!

We'll see about the TSA in a skirt thing - "in light of recent events" I am not sure that's a good idea at the moment.

Hmm! You have a point there! Perhaps later on after things calm down, and I think of someplace to fly to!

• 1 month later...

So, to let you in on another secret - Flexees ultra firm torsolette! Works quite well!!

Actually, I made the same discovery a few weeks ago. For some reason I really like effect. I wear them to work all the time now, not for the looks but they change my posture for the better.

What's all the fuss about?