Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

• 1 year later...

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted here.  I am still getting out.  I just don't feel the need to post as much as I use to.  Here is a recent photo I took while out and about.

out.jpg

• Like 6

Yup, I get you. It sure is nice to see that you're still around. I think we chose almost the same boots to wear, See & cf. my thread, p. 85. I like the slight pop of color along with it.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 5:44 PM, Mr. X said:

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted here.  I am still getting out.  I just don't feel the need to post as much as I use to.  Here is a recent photo I took while out and about.

out.jpg

Great boots and leggings for sure

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Here is one I took today while out and about. The boots are Aldo, in a two tone brown, with a chunkier heel. 

20240604_211515.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Another one from my travels today.20240609_192728.thumb.jpg.ccf0ba0f290fe0b8235af98da42cfca1.jpg

love the red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

They didn't show right in the picture @CAT But they are actually burgundy.

Still awesome!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Here is a new one from my travels today. The weather is getting a little bit nicer here, so I decided to wear a pair of white sandals I purchased recently. With the thicker heel on these, they are very comfortable to wear, and quite easy to walk in for longer periods of time. I was wearing these for a good 4 to 5 hours today with no trouble at all. I like how well they paired with the lighter color of the jeans. It was a little cooler in the morning so the jacket paired nicely. By the afternoon, it was nice enough that I could remove the coat. I could see these heels being a part of many of my summer outfits. 

20240618_204614.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here is a new one from my travels today. The weather is getting a little bit nicer here, so I decided to wear a pair of white sandals I purchased recently. With the thicker heel on these, they are very comfortable to wear, and quite easy to walk in for longer periods of time. I was wearing these for a good 4 to 5 hours today with no trouble at all. I like how well they paired with the lighter color of the jeans. It was a little cooler in the morning so the jacket paired nicely. By the afternoon, it was nice enough that I could remove the coat. I could see these heels being a part of many of my summer outfits. 

20240618_204614.jpg

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who might wear a jacket with sandals. Nice looking ensemble!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who might wear a jacket with sandals. Nice looking ensemble!

Jackets are good but they don’t help cold feet 🦶;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 6/18/2024 at 9:10 PM, Mr. X said:

20240618_204614.jpg

I like the white sandals but would pass on the ripped jeans. Not my cup of tea.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

I finally did it!  No, not another outing.  There are always those.  But I finally checked something off the perverbial bucket list, so to speak.

I was on vacation, and I stopped in at a Nordstroms.  I live in Canada, so I don't get to some of the American chain stores very often.  I went to the shoe department.  I was suprised to find that they sold Christian Loubotins.  I started looking at the display models.  This was the first time I had seen one in the flesh.  I had only previously seen them in photos.  It was also the first time I had held one in my hand.  I am usually an EU40 for size.  As luck would have it they had a black peeptoe on display in my size.  So it turned out to be the first time I had tried one on my foot.  I couldn't wait to put it on, and so I did.  It was a little tight but it fit.  Then I found a different shoe in a 41.  So off went the 40, and on went the 41.  Perfect fit!  The salesmen came by and asked if I needed a size.  I was tempted to ask him for the mate, but I didn't.  I told him I was just looking and I had never tried one on before.  He told me they are not the most comfortable shoes, but they look great, and that is why people by them.  Once it was on my foot, and I looked in the mirror, I was sold!  I felt like Cinderella putting on the glass slipper.  But then came the letdown.  The $800 price tag lol.  But I can now say I have had one on my foot.  And in the off chance I ever do buy a pair, I will know to go up one size.  I had  heard a lot of people say they run small.  And now I know for sure.

cl.jpg

cl2.jpg

cl3.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 5

Wow, I've often thought about CLs, but I don't care if somehow my crypto currency investments actually hit like some people claim they might, I couldn't bring myself to pay $800 for a pair of shoes. However, I might be able to be convinced under the right circumstances.

The only question remaining is what the heck is that thing on your other foot? 😜

19 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I finally did it!  No, not another outing.  There are always those.  But I finally checked something off the perverbial bucket list, so to speak.

I was on vacation, and I stopped in at a Nordstroms.  I live in Canada, so I don't get to some of the American chain stores very often.  I went to the shoe department.  I was suprised to find that they sold Christian Loubotins.  I started looking at the display models.  This was the first time I had seen one in the flesh.  I had only previously seen them in photos.  It was also the first time I had held one in my hand.  I am usually an EU40 for size.  As luck would have it they had a black peeptoe on display in my size.  So it turned out to be the first time I had tried one on my foot.  I couldn't wait to put it on, and so I did.  It was a little tight but it fit.  Then I found a different shoe in a 41.  So off went the 40, and on went the 41.  Perfect fit!  The salesmen came by and asked if I needed a size.  I was tempted to ask him for the mate, but I didn't.  I told him I was just looking and I had never tried one on before.  He told me they are not the most comfortable shoes, but they look great, and that is why people by them.  Once it was on my foot, and I looked in the mirror, I was sold!  I felt like Cinderella putting on the glass slipper.  But then came the letdown.  The $800 price tag lol.  But I can now say I have had one on my foot.  And in the off chance I ever do buy a pair, I will know to go up one size.  I had  heard a lot of people say they run small.  And now I know for sure.

cl2.jpg

You're wearing a skirt and something with black socks. Looks to me like you should have bought the heels and moved on with them on.

15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Wow, I've often thought about CLs, but I don't care if somehow my crypto currency investments actually hit like some people claim they might, I couldn't bring myself to pay $800 for a pair of shoes. However, I might be able to be convinced under the right circumstances.

The only question remaining is what the heck is that thing on your other foot? 😜

some poeple call it a shoe lol

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

You're wearing a skirt and something with black socks. Looks to me like you should have bought the heels and moved on with them on.

Although it appears to be a skirt, it is actually a pair of white shorts.