The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Hey @JeffB, I found just the outfit for shoveling today's snow sprinkles.  Thigh boots and a 9" (nine inch) mini skirt (only to be worn with leggings :shocked:, it really is like a wide belt).  My hands were freezing (couldn't operate the camera with gloves on) but the rest of me was surprisingly warm. 

How did you manage to deal with your recent blizzard?

GEDC0405a.jpg.c3c5e110936e39d380beaf7125

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 2/8/2016 at 9:37 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Nice look JeffB.  Very conservative, which works well with the riding boots and the long jacket.

Yes, I enjoy looking conservative at times when out and about. Suits my personality.

On 2/8/2016 at 11:15 AM, Steve63130 said:

<tongueincheek>JeffB, ah c'mon! That post belongs on the www.flatheeledboots.org forum, don'tchathink? Them heels need to be higher for here!</tongueincheek>

Nice outfit, though!

:happy:

Steve

You know, I keep looking for flatheelboots.org but can never find it. HA! Meanwhile, just like those Payless slides I wore seemingly all the time last summer, it's hard to resist the clarion call of those riding boots.

On 2/9/2016 at 3:51 AM, heelsrus2000 said:

I would change my name to flatheelsrus, but I only recently changed this year :nono:

See what you missed out on? Double HA!

On 2/9/2016 at 10:32 AM, Henri1942 said:

I agree with Steve.  Nice Outfit but definitely need higher heels.

Henri

I'll see what I can do about that soon.

18 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Hey @JeffB, I found just the outfit for shoveling today's snow sprinkles.  Thigh boots and a 9" (nine inch) mini skirt (only to be worn with leggings :shocked:, it really is like a wide belt).  My hands were freezing (couldn't operate the camera with gloves on) but the rest of me was surprisingly warm. 

How did you manage to deal with your recent blizzard?

GEDC0405a.jpg.c3c5e110936e39d380beaf7125

Cool outfit there. As for the blizzard we had, dumping nearly 23 inches worth in the city, my small street was blocked in for a couple of days, then was plowed out. Heck, I even got a couple of days off from work because of the storm, so I didn't complain.

11 hours ago, Sydheel said:

TBG

whats that white stuff on the ground ?

Dont get any of that here in Sydney

8)

I envy you greatly.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sydheel,

There may be times folks in Australia may want to see some snow just for a difference but in the United States up to roughly 45 degrees latitude there is something else which comes with snow. It's all the chemical residue that coats one's entire car. You may around for weeks in real cold winter like the last two before being able to wash your car. North of 45 degrees temperatures are generally too cold for road salt to work so they use either sand, cinders, sawdust or a combination of all three for traction. Wearing suede shoes when there is salt residue around is a  no-no because it will damage your shoes. The snow is very nice sometimes to play in and I have wonderful memories of my relatives' farm in the Canadian province of Quebec but persistent cold and  lots of snow have their disadvantages too. All this does toughen one up though.  HappyinHeels 

• Like 1

I used to love snow when i was a kid, especially when schools closed because of the weather and I got play in it with my friends, enjoying snowball fights and whatnot. Then I grew up, became an adult and had to shovel the crap, that severely decreased my love for snow to zilch city.

13 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

there is something else which comes with snow. It's all the chemical residue that coats one's entire car

Notice in the picture there are dry spots on the walk.  That's from the salt I spread to help clear things off. Around here the city/state puts salt on the roads to melt the ice and the salt water is really hard on cars, and more to the point, it is really hard on boots. @HappyinHeels said it was bad on suede but is also bad on any leather.  Once the minerals get into leather (even in small quantities) it can make a mess of things.

I was humorously prodding @JeffB to pull on his thigh boots and go out and play in the snow, but it is probably better that he chose to stay inside where it was warm and dry and wait for the snow removal crews to rescue him (the thought of which inspired the following image).

56bf4badb7f86_Jeffs-room-snow-rescue.jpg

Jeff and the snow removal team

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: You are quite the card! HAHAHAHAHA!

Steve63130: I'll see what I can do. I'm all about sharing resources!

• Like 1

Jaunt #302, 2/20/2016: Nothing like unseasonably pleasant February weather on a Saturday, what with sunshine and temps in the upper 50's for an outing, so I headed out in my denim jacket over a cream colored turtleneck, a black, 34 inch A-line skirt, the Pleaser "Vanity" knee boots and a black handbag. I must say it sure felt good to be back in a proper pair of heels for the first time since New Year's Eve, and pairing them with that long skirt was a real treat as it made for a charming outfit. Of course, that brought up a bit of a conundrum about looking so, well, dressy on a Saturday when most choose to go the casual route, but it's at times hard to resist the urge to dress up and look fancy, it makes me feel good, and that increases the overall enjoyment of my outings.

Anyhoo, my first stop of the day was to a branch of my bank to withdraw a mildly sizable sum of money to pay my real estate tax bill. At the counter, the lady who waited on me was most cheerful as she waited on me, she even complimented me on my handbag, whether she noticed the skirt of boots I have no idea, but it was cool to have gotten a compliment and, with a grin, I thanked her before I left. From there, it was off to the main branch of the city's Post Office to buy a money order to pay said tax bill, other than getting a long, puzzled look from an older Asian couple who left the building as I entered, no one gave me the time of day during the twenty minutes I was there, and there was quite the crowd, what with half a dozen people in line ahead of me and a dozen more in another area waiting to get passport pictures taken. After leaving the Post Office, I drove over into South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area where I had lunch at Boston Market, their pulled BBQ chicken sandwich is very tasty. Then it was movie time at the nearby multiplex, chock full of people as I went to see Deadpool. Man! Talk about a wild a crazy movie, best time I've had watching a film in a long time. My last stop of the day was to Sears for some shopping, but not for clothes (SURPRISE!), rather in the electronics section to buy a Roku 3 for my bedroom TV. For anyone unfamiliar with Roku, it's a box that you hook up to your TV and via the Internet, you can stream all sorts of TV shows, movies and anime. I've wanted one for a long time, so I went and bought it.

As usual, it was enjoyable to come and go as I pleased without incident, mild or otherwise, and that's certainly terrific. It makes everything I do before I step out the door worthwhile. More to come....

Jaunt #302, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #302, outfit-2.jpg

A gorgeous skirt, Jeff! Very nicely coordinated outfit, I need to get a more mature look as well. Considering the weather,  I don't think it is too dressy. I do like my straight skirts  but your overall attire has got me thinking about a change of fashion to something more delicate and not so corporate. Great heels as well :wink: 

As usual, great look. I think the addition of some neckwear would be a nice touch.

If your going to wear a long skirt where the tops of the boots disappear under the skirt, you might as well wear your thigh boots just because they're fun. :happy:

20 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

A gorgeous skirt, Jeff! Very nicely coordinated outfit, I need to get a more mature look as well. Considering the weather,  I don't think it is too dressy. I do like my straight skirts  but your overall attire has got me thinking about a change of fashion to something more delicate and not so corporate. Great heels as well :wink: 

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that my latest ensemble gave you an idea or two. Good luck!

18 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

As usual, great look. I think the addition of some neckwear would be a nice touch.

If your going to wear a long skirt where the tops of the boots disappear under the skirt, you might as well wear your thigh boots just because they're fun. :happy:

Hmm! Not a bad idea! I'll take that under advisement. And perhaps I'll buy some neckwear too!

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 8:40 AM, JeffB said:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that my latest ensemble gave you an idea or two. Good luck!

Hmm! Not a bad idea! I'll take that under advisement. And perhaps I'll buy some neckwear too!

Thanks for the advice and kind words ♡♡

I thought about other skirt styles but better the devil you know :wink:

No jaunt this Sunday? I used to love the weekend "doubleheaders" you used to do :)

Still, looking forward to your next jaunt :wink:

1456219173988.jpg

1456219747975.jpg

JeffB,

Always wanted to ask you if you go to New Jersey to buy some things but keep clothing and shoe purchases in the Keystone State as Pennsylvania does not tax those purchases? I never fail to get a pair of heels when back in PA visiting my parents because of the tax-free savings on clothing. Or maybe you just wanted to flaunt your look in another state??  Your look is tasteful no matter. HappyinHeels 

Thighmax: Thanks for the kind words. I spend a good deal of time experimenting with outfits until I put together something I like that looks good on me, and looking good is VERY important to me when I go out on my little adventures.

heelsrus2000: That's quite the nice look you've presented. While I certainly do like pencil skirts, I like to have a wide variety of styles in my closet for any and all occasions. As for those "weekend doubleheaders", we'll see.

HappyinHeels: Good question. The reason I buy my shoes in Pennsylvania is because the Payless stores in New Jersey don't offer anything in size 13, taxes were never a factor for me. As for buying clothes, I shop in PA and Jersey with equal delight. Heh!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

No jaunts of late? Is everything okay? :(

Not to worry, everything is just fine. I've just been busy (and a tad lazy), so opportunities to go out and about have been far and few inbetween. However, I hope to go out again soon.

• Like 1

CPB: Thanks for the kind words.

Jaunt #303, 3/12/2016: It seems like it's been awhile since my last outing, but with mostly sunny skies and mild temps yesterday, I headed out on a jaunt, wearing a favorite out being my denim jacket over a short sleeved red t-shirt, my black denim pencil skirt, the Payless "Karmen" pumps in black patent and a black handbag. Like I said, I've worn this outfit, or a variation of same a few times before and I find it enjoyable since it's a pleasant mix of casual and dressy.

As usual, being downtown, no one gave me so much as the time of day which is always cool because people treat me no different from anyone else. Parking about a block from Rittenhouse Square, I fed the meter and walked to the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent a solid twenty minutes before leaving with an anime magazine. I then headed into the park which was full of people enjoying the nice weather and is always a great place to hang out and watch the world go by. Finding a bench, I sat and started reading my magazine when a twentysomething lady said to me in passing with a smile, "I like your shoes." I smiled back and thanked her, pleased to have gotten a compliment. I guess that black patent does attract the eye. Heh!

After nearly an hour in the park with loads of people walking by, I returned to my car and drove over into South Jersey where I had lunch at Wendy's at Moorestown Mall before going to the multiplex to see Deadpool for a second time. Man, what a wild and crazy fun movie that was! From there, I casually strolled through the Mall, fairly packed with shoppers on a Saturday afternoon and did a wee bit of shopping in Sears, but not for women's wear, instead, I was in the men's department as I bought some undershirts, quite the unusual congruence, wearing women's clothes while buying men's stuff. I don't think I've ever done that before. HA! From there, it was back home to watch local college hoops team Villanova play Seton Hall in the Big East championship.

I know I've said this often, but it never fails to feel good to wear skirts and heels in public without attract negative attention, hell attract much if any attention at all. But when I do get a compliment like that lady who appreciated my shoes, that says that I'm doing things right when I put together outfits for my outings. And that's important to me as I seek to look my very best. More to come....

Jaunt #303, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #303, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

A very well put together outfit yet again ;)  just don't leave it so long between jaunts next time :) 

Thanks for the kind words. As for future outings, with the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, a.k.a. "March Madness" about to start, my weekends will be busy for the next few weeks.  

• Like 1

On 3/14/2016 at 8:17 PM, JeffB said:

As for future outings, with the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, a.k.a. "March Madness" about to start, my weekends will be busy for the next few weeks.

See you in a couple of weeks Jeff

56edb601b2abd_Jeffs-room-empty.jpg.21757

Sorry about the shoes in the picture, but the image of playing in heels just didn't work. :penitent:

• Like 2

TBG: HA! Funny! To be honest, I haven't played hoops in years. However, I have seen louder looking sneaks than those in stores! :giggle:

Jaunt #304, 3/19/2016: This doesn't happen very often, but, every now and then, I approach an outing with a specific goal, a particular objective in mind, and such was the case yesterday as I had what could be best described as a mad desire to stroll through a crowded mall in a skirt. The outfit in question for the jaunt was my black faux leather jacket over a red crewneck sweater, the knee length denim button down skirt, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a handbag. Leaving home on what was to be a somewhat brief trip because of the day's NCAA games, I drove straight into South Jersey and headed to the Cherry Hill Mall which is usually crowded on a late Saturday morning. After parking, I walked into JCPenney's and strolled right into the mall itself, and yeah, it was pretty packed, my first stop was the food court near Penney's for lunch, treating myself to pizza and a bottle of water. Lots of people were enjoying lunch but no one paid me any attention as I wandered about looking for place to sit and eat.

Once I finished, I proceeded to go about on a slow, leisurely stroll through the mall, passing by scores of people, no one giving me so much as a glance, not even in the center of the mall which overflowed with kids and their parents taking pictures with the Easter Bunny (what with Easter next Sunday) and enjoying Easter themed activities. Continuing on my stroll, I swung into the Apple Store to check out all the gadgets and related stuff for a good fifteen minutes or so, I did make a purchase there, that being a new cover for my iPad Air, sixty bucks, but it was pretty nice. Leaving the store, I sat in a chair outside and fiddled around on my phone for any new emails for some fifteen minutes while people passed, no big deal, finally, I went back the way I came, going past more throngs of people with no reactions whatsoever, whether or not they did double takes after I passed them, I have no idea. All in all, I spent well over an hour in the mall before heading back home, surrounded by scores of people, and the world didn't come to a screaming halt, but then, I never expected that to happen. As I've said many times before in this thread, as long as you dress appropriately for the surroundings you're in, and act calm and cool like you belong, regardless of how you're dressed, you can indeed get away with wearing a skirt in just about any environment.

Satisfied with how well and uneventful this outing went, I plan to do this again, but at a much larger mall in the future, namely King of Prussia. More to come....

Jaunt #304, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #304, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good as always! Why would anyone stop and stare? :wink: I am not yhe greatest fan of button front skirts,  but that one looks very smart and easy to blend into the crowd if one is as cool and collected as you :)

6 hours ago, maninpumps said:

Jeff , Looks like spring has sprung and its time for some "Jaunts" with some wedges and slides . Great pictures and look forward to some more Jaunts . 

Respectfully , MIP 

It might be spring on the calendar, but Old Man Winter didn't get that memo as temps were barely in the upper 30's today and we're looking at periods of light snow tonight. Methinks I'll wait a few weeks before breaking out my warmer weather clothes and shoes.

4 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

Looks good as always! Why would anyone stop and stare? :wink: I am not yhe greatest fan of button front skirts,  but that one looks very smart and easy to blend into the crowd if one is as cool and collected as you :)

I do as best I can. By the by, I bought a 19 inch button front mini a few weeks ago. You'll get to see that in time. Heh!