The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

22 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:
22 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Nice look JeffB.  You you are correct, "dressing" is fun.  I have a couple of similar dresses in muted colors and I find that they look better with a belt.  In fact one of mine came with a belt.

They do lend a casual look, but I miss the heels.:roll:  And, you have to find a cropped jacket.

Hmm! It never occurred to me to pair my dress with a belt. Interesting! I might have to give that a try. At this time of year, sweater dresses are the best bet because they look nice, and keep one warm when properly accessorized. Like I said, I'm eager to wear dresses more because I enjoy them. And yes, I'm still looking for that cropped jacket.

17 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I love the dress. Jeff! It seems there's a lot more people 'freestyling' out there, thanks to Instagram I came across this guy who travels the world, often skirted. I love his skater skirt, and I think I might get one next if I can break the addiction of pencil skirts (I find they fit me so well!) You could try a belt with a dress, or even a skater dress which I think would suit your figure. Look forward to your next jaunt as always :P 12301257_459979187544608_1948682888_n.jpg

Well, that's certainly an interesting look, even though I'm not a fan of his thick legs or choice of footwear. Still, a skater skirt might make for an interesting change of pace from what I usually wear. I will take that under consideration. Thanks!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

And now, with 300 jaunts in the book, I present for your reading pleasure----THE NUMBERS!

JAUNTS BY YEAR

• 2008: 10
  • 2009: 42
  • 2010: 28
  • 2011: 61
  • 2012: 34
  • 2013: 33
  • 2014: 45
  • 2015: 46
  • 2016: 1 (and counting)

CLOTHING

• Skirts: 217 (above knee-150, below knee-50, at knee-17)
  • Jeans: 63 (tucked in boots-39, untucked-24)
  • Skorts: 9
  • Dresses: 5
  • Capris: 4
  • Pants: 1
  • Long Sweaters: 1

FOOTWEAR

• Payless shoes: 175
  • Other shoes: 125
  • Boots: 106 (knee high-59, thigh high-45, ankle high-2)
  • Pumps: 96
  • Loafers: 37
  • Flats: 24
  • Sandals: 20
  • Slides: 17

PERCENTAGES

• Skirts: 72.4
  • Jeans: 21.0
  • Skorts: 3.0
  • Dresses: 1.6
  • Capris: 1.4
  • Pants: 0.3
  • Long Sweaters: 0.3
  • Boots: 35.3
  • Pumps: 32.0
  • Loafers: 12.3
  • Flats: 8.0
  • Sandals: 6.6
  • Slides: 5.8
  • Like 1

Pretty impressive figures, rather like yourself :P I looked at his skirt first of all and thought it was cute - I couldn't tell if it was just an A-line mini or a skater, but still it suited him, though he could choose better footwear :nono:  His website is www.theworldistoosmall.com and it has links to the rest of his looks on Instagram :wink: 

I think I love those riding boots of yours the most in your choice of footwear, and the more fitted skirts and dresses (though that's my sartorial choice :P )

Looking forward to the next 300 jaunts :P 

Thanks for the kind words, heelsrus2000. Much appreciated. I'll check out that link when I can. I'm really glad I bought those riding boots which have been fun to wear. Meanwhile, I've come to appreciate wearing pencil skirts and the like, they really suit me and the image I want to portray as a freestyler, and yes, I definitely want to wear more dresses!

On 12/01/2016 at 9:11 PM, Thighbootguy said:

You'd be surprised how warm leggings and thigh boots are (which go well with a mini).  I was out in 10F weather with a bulky sweater, scarf, leather coat, earmuffs, gloves, thigh boots leggings and a mini.  When I went into Sam's Club I had to take the coat, gloves, and earmuffs off because I was too warm.

I found that out recently too!

For some strange reason, I spotted these black fleece lined leggings at of all places - A Rural King store. Priced on sale at $3.99, so I figured 'what the hell' and bought a pair. These leggings are freakin warm. Kinda chilly in these parts so I decided to see how they worked with a denim mini and some tall boots. Granted, I'm hangin around the house, but these leggings are warm.

I can see why the lady's wear them out in the winter. I was outside in 5 degree evening with a wind chill of -8 degrees, and I was pretty comfortable.

Think I'll grab a couple more pairs.

On 18/01/2016 at 6:21 AM, JeffB said:

Well, that's certainly an interesting look, even though I'm not a fan of his thick legs or choice of footwear. Still, a skater skirt might make for an interesting change of pace from what I usually wear. I will take that under consideration. Thanks!

Ummmmm - - - Ain't workin for me. Maybe I need a drink so I can see it better.

JeffB,

I'm impressed as to the detailed numbers sorted by type of outfit and accompanying footwear. It looks like your "jaunt diary" converted into numbers. You may well be the forum leader as to the combinations worn and the frequency in a particular area. I have worn most of the same things but have tried to take my heels along and wear them in different cities, states, and countries. I also like to do as many different things as  possible in them from eating in restaurants, cooking meals at home, driving, shopping, etc. I believe a lot of us probably create a mental log of what we've done but you have memorialized it to a magnificent degree. Please continue the great tradition.  HappyinHeels

11 hours ago, Heelster said:

I found that out recently too!

For some strange reason, I spotted these black fleece lined leggings at of all places - A Rural King store. Priced on sale at $3.99, so I figured 'what the hell' and bought a pair. These leggings are freakin warm. Kinda chilly in these parts so I decided to see how they worked with a denim mini and some tall boots. Granted, I'm hangin around the house, but these leggings are warm.

I can see why the lady's wear them out in the winter. I was outside in 5 degree evening with a wind chill of -8 degrees, and I was pretty comfortable.

Think I'll grab a couple more pairs.

Hmm! Fleece lined leggings! Methinks I'll have to investigate that. Sounds like something that would certainly come in handy now that winter has fully reasserted itself in my neck of the woods.

11 hours ago, Heelster said:

Ummmmm - - - Ain't workin for me. Maybe I need a drink so I can see it better.

Well, that sort of look isn't for everyone, I'll grant you that.

10 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

JeffB,

I'm impressed as to the detailed numbers sorted by type of outfit and accompanying footwear. It looks like your "jaunt diary" converted into numbers. You may well be the forum leader as to the combinations worn and the frequency in a particular area. I have worn most of the same things but have tried to take my heels along and wear them in different cities, states, and countries. I also like to do as many different things as  possible in them from eating in restaurants, cooking meals at home, driving, shopping, etc. I believe a lot of us probably create a mental log of what we've done but you have memorialized it to a magnificent degree. Please continue the great tradition.  HappyinHeels

Thanks for the kind words. I was in a numbers detailed position back when I was in the Navy (Storekeeper), so that love for numbers carried over into my outings. One of my goals is to broaden my horizons and go to other places and indulge in other activities so I don't fall into any sort of rut. And yes, I will indeed continue my tradition.

38 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Hmm! Fleece lined leggings! Methinks I'll have to investigate that. Sounds like something that would certainly come in handy now that winter has fully reasserted itself in my neck of the woods

@JeffB

The Walgreens down here has them 2 pair for $10.  Check out your store (300 N 63RD ST) or (1 S BROAD ST).  I wear my boots when I go to my Walgreens.  They ask about them if I'm not wearing them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

23 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

@JeffB

The Walgreens down here has them 2 pair for $10.  Check out your store (300 N 63RD ST) or (1 S BROAD ST).  I wear my boots when I go to my Walgreens.  They ask about them if I'm not wearing them.

I've been to the Walgreens downtown. It used to be a Border's bookstore and it's three stories tall, easily THE biggest drug store in town, if not the region. Thanks for the info.

JEffB;

Another option for keeping warm are leg warmers.  A nice feature is that, being footless, you can wear them as high as you want.  Here I'm wearing a black pair with knee high black fabric boots and a mini skort. 

GEDC0388a.jpg.318dd11cc841d66b9b3a891484

My legs were cozy warm.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey there, TBG! Yeah, it's snowing plenty good right now. The forecast is for 18 to 24 inches in the city, though I'm hoping it won't be quite that bad.

By the by, thanks for the suggestion in your previous post. Most interesting!

@JeffB

Another option for leg warmers is contrast. 

GEDC0390a.jpg.14951a31e8759fdaf9cf9331ae

I think this has too much of a schoolgirl look so I probably won't go out like this but you get the idea.  I think I have lost some weight.  The skirt is a (generous) size 14 with a little flair that is 14" long.  I just ran a 1" seam down each side taking 2" out from the waist to get it to fit and be more straight lined.

By the way, that is the extent of the snow we got in the Cincinnati area. :fine: We really dodged the bullet.  A few miles south got dumped upon.  I've been expecting to see your picture with snow up to the top of your thigh boots. :roll:

19 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

@JeffB

Another option for leg warmers is contrast. 

GEDC0390a.jpg.14951a31e8759fdaf9cf9331ae

I think this has too much of a schoolgirl look so I probably won't go out like this but you get the idea.  I think I have lost some weight.  The skirt is a (generous) size 14 with a little flair that is 14" long.  I just ran a 1" seam down each side taking 2" out from the waist to get it to fit and be more straight lined.

By the way, that is the extent of the snow we got in the Cincinnati area. :fine: We really dodged the bullet.  A few miles south got dumped upon.  I've been expecting to see your picture with snow up to the top of your thigh boots. :roll:

Hmm! That is an interesting look. As for the schoolgirl quotient, well, thigh highs are popular in Japan, so i see what you mean.  As for snow, we got hit hard, 22.4 inches, fourth highest on record, and my small street in blocked in with no way of knowing when I'll be able to drive. Oh, yeah, I have off from work today because the Navy base where I work is closed. It's a good thing cabin fever is no big deal to me.

9 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

@JeffB

NPR just ran a story about a new Comic Book/Coffee Shop opening in Philadelphia. 

Story

Amalgam Comics & Coffeehouse 

2578 Frankfort Ave

Sounds like it is your kind of place.

Yes, I read about that place. I might have to check it out sometime.  :)

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Oh, yeah, I have off from work today because the Navy base where I work is closed. It's a good thing cabin fever is no big deal to me

56a605de5f639_Jeffs-Company.jpg.6d11544a

Jeff's cabin fever cure

I was going to suggest going out and playing in the snow (see window) but...

Enjoy the snow. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #301, 2/6/2016: Hard to believe several weeks had passed since my last outing, thanks to the demands of daily life, plus that blizzard which hit the region on January 23rd, but I finally got to go out yesterday, sporting my black faux jacket over a beige turtleneck, a burnt green corduroy skirt from Sears, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black handbag. Even though it was plenty chilly out, I felt perfectly comfortable, in fact, there's a certain....something about wearing a skirt on a cold day that I find rather exciting, and after arriving downtown, I saw a goodly number of women on the streets wearing skirts shorter than mine, and some of them didn't even bother with legwear or boots like I had, and that made me wish I had worn something shorter. Heh!

After my regular stop at my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where we chatted about the upcoming Super Bowl, I headed down Walnut Street to Barnes & Noble on Rittenhouse Square, as usual, the center city area was packed with people, and, as usual, no one gave me so much as the time of day, I guess guys in skirts are a nonstarter. Double heh! After some twenty minutes in the store, leaving with an anime magazine, I headed down Chestnut to One Liberty Place where I had lunch in the building's second floor food court, packed with customers, and no one paid me any mind while I dined, then, on my way out, I walked past a Nine West on the ground floor and, as was often the case, I wished they had larger sizes as I love their shoes and boots. Oh, well. After a leisurely walk up Walnut, I returned to my car and drove into South Jersey and to the Moorestown Mall where I took in a viewing of Pride & Prejudice and Zombies in the remodeled multiplex. Had to stand in line for over five minutes, giving a couple of curious onlookers a thrill of sorts before entering the theater and taking in the movie which I enjoyed. After the movie ended, nature called, so I went to the men's room, earning me a puzzled stare from an older gentleman who left as I entered. What? He never saw a guy in a skirt go to the bathroom?

My last stop of the day was to JCPenney at the Cherry Hill Mall for a little shopping where I bought a couple pairs of tights and a nice looking sweater dress that was discounted from $60 bucks down to under $25. Cool! Nothing like a deal! One of my goals is to wear more dresses, and I liked the one I bought a lot. You'll see it on a future outing. All in all, yet another enjoyable outing as the more I wear skirts, the more I love them and how they emphasize my passion for fashion freestyling. The footwear is simply part of my overall public appearance. More to come....

Jaunt #301, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #301, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great as ever, Jeff! Love the cut and colour of the skirt! Is it high waisted, or are you trying to make it look a little shorter? :D Personally I wear my skirts on my hips, rather than at my tummy, I think this length suited you considering the weather. Why some girls would wear shorter and no tights baffles me if it's freezing cold :nono: I bought a new denim skirt,  black, very very snug, but looks like it will cause problems when nature calls  as it really tapers in for a pencil skirt... still, looking forward to your next jaunt ♡

heelsrus2000: Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question, yes, that skirt is high waisted, and I rather like it that way. I have three others like that in different colors and have only one left to wear which is navy. As for why girls wear short skirts with no tights in cold weather, fashion I guess, thank goodness I'm not quite THAT fashionable! Heh! Meanwhile, I've really come around to liking pencil skirts as I love how they look on me, perhaps in time, pencil skirts will become all I wear. We'll see.