The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Blue really is your color.  The top bracelet and shoes work well together.

I went looking for another pair of "slides" I thought you might enjoy: :roll:

54243.0.zoom.jpg

JeffB, you're looking great as usual.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Kilty and TBG: Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated. I'll see what I can do about wearing blue more.

While I'm not the type to preview outfits I plan to wear, I'll soon be wearing a variation of the ensemble below:

0a2b8112e4c944723f97409f485554d8.thumb.j

I had seen that picture on the website of an online retailer well over a year ago and had become really intrigued with the outfit because it was sharp and dynamic and thought would look great on me. I already had the turtleneck and thigh boots but had a devil of a time finding the skirt until I discovered one similar to that at Old Navy a week ago. So I now have this outfit ready to go and I'm eager to trot it out in public. What do you think?

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB;

You have certainly set yourself an interesting challenge.  I'm really looking forward to your interpenetrate of that  great look.  Do note that the sweater and the boots are a soft fabric which I think adds balance to the overall look.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff, would love to see you in that outfit ! Very bold and youthful. Thanks for the preview, though there's not much left of summer for such a short skirt... I'm stocking up on tights soon, if you excuse the pun :wink:

34e158181ea3470c4824a0f17c6944c9.jpg I am trying this look out, which is bold and am scouring ebay for the top and shoes :wink:

Edited by Kilty
  • Like 1

JeffB;

You have certainly set yourself an interesting challenge.  I'm really looking forward to your interpenetrate of that  great look.  Do note that the sweater and the boots are a soft fabric which I think adds balance to the overall look.

interpretate?  :wink:  

Edited by Kilty

TBG & Mr. X: I will do my best to present a look similar to the photo I posted. I'm excited by that outfit, mainly because of the thigh boots, I don't think that ensemble would've worked with any other footwear, and that's why I'm eager to wear it.

Kilty: That's a nice outfit. I'd like to give that a try myself. Meanwhile, I remember Payless offering gold toe cap pumps, but they didn't come in my size, otherwise, I would've bought a pair.

TBG & Mr. X: I will do my best to present a look similar to the photo I posted. I'm excited by that outfit, mainly because of the thigh boots, I don't think that ensemble would've worked with any other footwear, and that's why I'm eager to wear it.

Kilty: That's a nice outfit. I'd like to give that a try myself. Meanwhile, I remember Payless offering gold toe cap pumps, but they didn't come in my size, otherwise, I would've bought a pair.

Thanks for the kind words. You inspired me to put on my boots and a cute new PVC pencil skirt (pictured) today as I went to do my shopping. Felt a little self conscious, the slit at the back was quite high which made me feel a mixture of daring, yet exposed. Got a compliment from another shopper who asked where I bought my boots from! Another man asked why I was dressed the way I was, and I said I drew my inspiration from Seann Miley Moore from the X Factor  UK. He rocked a similar pencil skirt but with a sheer top on his audition and people loved him!

No jaunts this weekend? I thought I would see that cute mini or are you saving your jaunts for another time? 

20150928_131204.jpg

20150928_131454.jpg

20150928_131230.jpg

Edited by Kilty
  • Like 1

Kilty: That's a nice looking outfit there.  Quite stylish. The boots were a nice touch.

SF: Nahhhh! I stayed home the whole weekend and watched the Pope on TV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff. Haven't heard from you in a while, any jaunts on the horizon?  Feeling a bit bad as my last lot of pics were so big... that skirt was no good in the end, the noise I made just to walk in it was like wearing a plastic bag, so I threw it away... might get a proper leather one soon. Denim does look better so I might just stick to that unless it's something I need to dress up for. Looking forward to your next jaunt :wink:

I'm still around, Kilty, just been busy of late. As for that next jaunt, don't quite know yet, but I hope to go out again soon. A pity about the skirt you said you disposed, leather is nice, but darn expensive. Good luck with that!

• Like 1

I'm still around, Kilty, just been busy of late. As for that next jaunt, don't quite know yet, but I hope to go out again soon. A pity about the skirt you said you disposed, leather is nice, but darn expensive. Good luck with that!

Jeff, it would more than likely be pleather rather than PVC. The shops are full of them at the minute, and the midi skirt, especially pencil ones are popular at the moment. The PVC one looked nice in terms of its length, way it sat on my hips and all, but the noise when walking, doesn't matter if you wear tights or not, slip or not, was just deafening. I was rustling everywhere I walked. I felt a little self conscious in it as well. It wasn't too expensive so the loss was no bother. 

Jeff, it would more than likely be pleather rather than PVC. The shops are full of them at the minute, and the midi skirt, especially pencil ones are popular at the moment. The PVC one looked nice in terms of its length, way it sat on my hips and all, but the noise when walking, doesn't matter if you wear tights or not, slip or not, was just deafening. I was rustling everywhere I walked. I felt a little self conscious in it as well. It wasn't too expensive so the loss was no bother. 

Hmm! Curious. What would you find louder, the rustle of that skirt or the click-clack of high heels?

The click of the heels is no problem, just when I am at home and the heels are off and doing housework or other things, the noisy skirt drove me mad.. didn't matter what was worn with it or underneath, the noise was just the same. I think it is the way the PVC material inside of the skirt was lined (not like a regular skirt lining), it looked like the material would eventually cracking or deteriorate, and when nature called it was a bitch to pull up when you urgently needed to  (TMI, but no other way to explain) but I liked the cut and the length of the walking vent, but the material was wrong... leather or pleather would be better...

Jaunt #287, 10/12/2015:  Wow! Hard to believe my last outing had been in mid September! Where did the time go? Anyhoo, with yesterday being a holiday, and with a chore to take care of, it was time to head back out for a jaunt on a sunny and chilly morning in my blue denim jacket over a short sleeved red t-shirt, my black denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Karmen” pumps in black and a black handbag. I must say it felt darn good to be back in a skirt and a pair of pumps, and this made for a casually dressy outfit.

As for that chore, a few days earlier, the check engine light went on in my car, so I called the dealership and arranged for an appointment to have it looked at on Columbus Day. I arrived at the dealership for my nine a.m. appointment, and after checking in, I retreated to the lounge area where there were over half a dozen people there getting their vehicles services, none of whom paid me any attention as I took a seat and watched TV. About an hour in, a service representative came and told me what the problem was, that it wasn’t serious and would take a couple of hours to fix, I was in no hurry, and since the repairs were free since my car was still under warranty, I didn’t at all mind waiting. By noon, I was out and on the road, I headed westward into Springfield, my first stop was to Arby’s for lunch where I had a Beef & Cheddar sammich with bottled water, mighty good. From there, I headed to my home away from home, Best Buy where I spent well over half an hour gazing at all the newest gadgets and gizmos and envisioning what I could buy if I won the lottery before heading to checkout with a Blu-Ray copy of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

My last stop of the day was to Springfield Mall, a place I hadn’t visited in quite a long time. Because it was a holiday, the mall was fairly full, but I walked through the place at a slow, casual pace, earning me a few stares and double takes here and there, usually from young kids, but otherwise, no one gave me anything in the way of attention while I was there, ending with some time spent in the mall’s anchor store, Macy’s as I wandered the women’s clothing areas, saw some nice skirts and dresses, but their prices weren’t exactly to my liking. Strolling through a mall full of people can be a challenge, though not one I indulge in often, but this little adventure went well. All in all, a pretty good outing I enjoyed, and that’s the important thing. Meanwhile, with cooler weather right around the corner, it'll soon be time to put away my summer tops and break out the long sleeves. More to come....

Jaunt #287, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #287, outfit-2.jpg

Looking fabulous as ever! Love the shoes ♡ skirt is cute as well. Time to break out the thick tights and boots, I wore thick tights with my denim pencil skirt today for the first time in a while. Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

Great look JeffB!  Your experience of putting together an outfit is really extraordinary.

I think I'm repeating, but I don't enjoy malling.  I don't really like crowds (my definition of a crowd is a gathering of more than four).

I think it's about time for Kilty to start a thread of his own.

Looking fabulous as ever! Love the shoes ♡ skirt is cute as well. Time to break out the thick tights and boots, I wore thick tights with my denim pencil skirt today for the first time in a while. Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

Thanks for the kind words. With cooler weather right around the corner, I swapped out my tank tops and short sleeves for my sweaters, turtlenecks and heavier skirts yesterday. In fact, with temps only in the mid 50's for the weekend, I plan to wear tights and boots on Saturday, but not what you expect!

Great look JeffB!  Your experience of putting together an outfit is really extraordinary.

I think I'm repeating, but I don't enjoy malling.  I don't really like crowds (my definition of a crowd is a gathering of more than four).

I think it's about time for Kilty to start a thread of his own.

Thanks for the compliment, TBG! I go to great pains and spend a lot of time putting together outfits for my jaunts. If I'm going to wear women's clothes and shoes in public, then it's important to look my very best, and I'm fairly fanatical about that. I'm not much for mall crawling in fashion freestyle mode either, but I see it as a challenge to see just how far I can push the envelope.

Kilty: TBG is right! You should start your own thread. I think that would be fun. I know I have fun with mine.

Jaunt #288, 10/17/2015: A considerable chill descended on the region early yesterday morning, with with temps only in the upper 50's, but that didn't stop me from going on a planned outing as I dressed appropriately in my black leather jacket over a magenta mockneck sweater, a 20 inch denim skirt I bought at Burlington Coat Factory, black tights, a black handbag and, last but not least, my newest footwear---Elites by Walking Cradles riding boots. I've been dying to get my hands on a proper pair of riding boots for years, but didn't like the offerings which either didn't come in my size or had outrageously wide shafts that I knew wouldn't work for me, but then I found the Elites at Maryland Square, so I took a chance and bought a pair, and I'm glad I did. These boots are positively delightful, fit well and looked great, matching well with the skirt I chose to wear with them. It really felt great to finally wear riding boots just like most women do at this time of the year and that made my outing all the more enjoyable.

My first stop was downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic book shop, parking a block away so I could enjoy a little walk and be seen, of course, no one paid me any mind, but then, I was used to that as a guy in a skirt isn't any sort of attention getter. After twenty minutes in the shop, I headed down to Rittenhouse Square and Barnes & Noble where I bought a couple of sports magazines and renewed my membership. With time to kill, I walked further down the street to the Apple Store, mingling easily with the usual Saturday crowds, no one giving me so much as a glance, at the Store, I was hoping to get a glance of the new and larger iPad Pro with a 13 inch screen, but it wasn't there, a salesperson told me it wasn't due in until November, but that a lot of people asked about it. Walking back up the street at a casual pace, I returned to my car and drove over into South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area where I had lunch at Wendy's where I got my first extended stare, as usual, that came from a young child, a six year old boy who openly expressed curiosity, but then, I was used to that too. After lunch, I headed to Best Buy for some ogling of gizmos and the like, something that never gets old for me, finally leaving with season one of Sleepy Hollow on Blu-Ray for $19.99. WHOO! I love a bargain! More shopping followed as I drove to Sears where I bought two new corduroy skirts and a couple of nice v-neck sweaters as my goal was to stock up on seasonal fall attire, from there, I swung by JCPenney at the Cherry Hill Mall where I bought two more sweaters before heading back home.

I'd say this jaunt felt all the more special because I absolutely loved wearing my riding boots, and with cooler weather in place, I'll have more opportunities to trot them out in the weeks to come as I settle into wearing sweaters and heavier skirts. More to come....

elites-1.jpg

Jaunt #288, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #288, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Another great look JeffB, although I do miss the heels.

Riding boots...hmmpf  I just bought a pair myself and am awaiting their delivery:

s_55feeea0680278cda901a452.thumb.jpg.f2d

Well, in my humble opinion, fashion freestyling doesn't always involve heels. And I loved wearing those flat boots yesterday which went well with my outfit. By the by, I plan to wear those boots with one of my shorter skirts. Hope you're enjoy your boots.

Very nice outfit! Love the boots too! 

Thanks for the kind words.

The boots actually look pretty good Jeff.  As you said, doesn't always have to be heels.  But just speaking from a personal standpoint, I'm glad to see you out of those wedge slides :cheeky:

But just speaking from a personal standpoint, I'm glad to see you out of those wedge slides :cheeky:

I knew there was something else I liked about JeffB's outfit.

Wait a sec! In defense of JeffB, I liked his wedge slides. I don't wear them myself, but I thought they looked good on him. By contrast, the boots are too flat for this forum. They should be posted on flatheelsplace.org.

:roll:

Steve

The boots actually look pretty good Jeff.  As you said, doesn't always have to be heels.  But just speaking from a personal standpoint, I'm glad to see you out of those wedge slides :cheeky:

Well, with cooler weather here, I probably won't wear the slides again until next spring.

But just speaking from a personal standpoint, I'm glad to see you out of those wedge slides :cheeky:

I knew there was something else I liked about JeffB's outfit.

I'm so glad you approve of what I wore. Heh!

Wait a sec! In defense of JeffB, I liked his wedge slides. I don't wear them myself, but I thought they looked good on him. By contrast, the boots are too flat for this forum. They should be posted on flatheelsplace.org.

:roll:

Steve

Hmm! I'll have to visit that website you mentioned. Double heh!