To show or not to show, that is the question

bisbix

To show or not to show  

106 members have voted

1. 1. To show or not to show

Hi everybody, i´m a guy from Spain who likes and wear high heels in public. Everytime i wear heels in public everybody looks at me, i don´t know if i cause this reaction for my heigth (more than two meters with heels), or for my attire. I prefer to looks like a man in heels, and i like to show my heels. The question is if what you prefer wether to show your heels or triying to hide them. For my pleasure i prefer to show them with thin pantyhose, jeans and a shirt. By the way, how can i put a pic of myself ?

I appreciate the effect that I get when I sit down in a place such as a coin-op laundry, or waiting for a carry-out pizza, letting the world see my wonderful 4" open back clogs, since my cuffs are pulled back. Once spent the morning in spike pumps, having my car repaired; expected that the job would take a half hour; car needed much extra work, so had to sit there all morning, conversing with customers in the waiting room, in the pumps. I'm glad it worked out as it did. Jeff B., I think you are onto something.

I don't mind if people notice, but I just like the look on me of a flared or boot cut jean or pant and heels. I need to make my legs look longer and this does the trick. I have worn regular men's slacks without the flare, but still long enough to most hide the shoe when standing still. Walking always reveals the heel from even the front view I have noticed as I walk toward my reflection. As, of course does sitting. At the bar stool I almost always hook my heels on foot rest of the stool.

when i go out in big heels, its cos i'm happy and want to flaunt them. and do so. If i just njoy the comfort, i do flares, which r in fashion now , so njoy, and appreciate the looks of "why cant i see his shoes?" Cos theyre 4 1/2" heels plus mate, thats why !!

Most of the lengths on my slacks of my suits don't cover my high heels. When I sit down, bend over, or even when I'm just walking in public, you can see my high heels. I used to wear pants that were extra long to hide my high heels when I wore them in public. I've worn high heels in public for so long now that not only do I not care if someone sees them, I want them to see them for, if nothing else, the reaction they will give me. I have to be totally honest. I have not worn high heels with shorts in public. I'm still building the nerve to do that yet.

I think thats most of the fun, to show off your heels. My wife and I both enjoy this espically when we go out to eat. We try to sit where everybody can see our heels and have a blast with the reactions from many others. 99.9% good BTW.

real men wear heels

I´, completly agree with Jhonieheel, if i wear heels is because i like to appear like a man in heels, so i prefer to wear regular men jeans with my heels, and every body can see my heels. :thumbsup:

I have no problem showing off my heels to the public at large, if people want to respond to what I wear, fine, if they don't, still fine. I just go about my business of doing what I like in the shoes i like. Period!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Under te right circumstances, I don't really care what people think about my wearing heels. However, there are still some places that I find are inappropriate for a man in high heels. And, in those cases, I have more manley looking women's shoes to wear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Today I was driving the car wearing navy blue chinos and the red patent mid calf boots (under the pants) with 4 1/4 inch stacked heels. On the way to where I was going, I stopped at a rest area.

At least five different people saw the heels but no reaction that I know of (nor did I look to find out). I would not have worn them over pants unless they were skinny jeans or such.

post-9697-13352285912_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522859124_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522859128_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Today I was driving the car wearing navy blue chinos and the red patent mid calf boots (under the pants) with 4 1/4 inch stacked heels. On the way to where I was going, I stopped at a rest area.

At least five different people saw the heels but no reaction that I know of (nor did I look to find out). I would not have worn them over pants unless they were skinny jeans or such.

Red, huh? Well, that's certainly different! Bold too! Color me impressed, my friend! Where did you find boots like those? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Most of the lengths on my slacks of my suits don't cover my high heels. When I sit down, bend over, or even when I'm just walking in public, you can see my high heels. I used to wear pants that were extra long to hide my high heels when I wore them in public. I've worn high heels in public for so long now that not only do I not care if someone sees them, I want them to see them for, if nothing else, the reaction they will give me. I have to be totally honest. I have not worn high heels with shorts in public. I'm still building the nerve to do that yet.

OK, last Saturday I did it! I was wearing jean shorts, tee shirt, and clogs. Iwent to Target and tried on three pairs of high heels and walked up and down the ailse in them. The rally funny thing is, no one paid too much attention to me. But it was fun (and a little scary) doing it, but as I have said before, I'm at the point in my life, I'm going to enjoy every moment. I might start wearing more high heels with shorts in public. We'll see.

I still haven't worn my 5" stiletto high heeled thighboots with shorts in public yet. I'm working up to it.

Nicely done. It's good to know I'm not the only one with "butterflies" when going out.. :thumbsup: Next time I go out, I want to build the nerve to go shopping in mine. It'd be nice to shop for well fitting, tighter jeans. At least if I am wearing my heels into the store, the sales lady (who I know I'll have to ask women's pants advice to) will accept me asking? I can really get excited thinking about walking through a store like you did. Hopefully, I can add my own success story!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Hey Jeff,

eBay, size 12, where else??

By the by, I think they look a lot better under pants than over.

Size 12, of course. Haven't been able to wear 12 for years. Heavy sigh! Silly idea: If you wear the red boots with blue pants and a white top, you'd look very patriotic! HA!

Thank you so much, but I prefer to neither look like Bozo the Clown nor Uncle Sam - LOL!

As far as size goes, I can wear either a US 12 or US 11 depending upon the cut, hose, etc.

It's all about the heel!

I had been reluctant to wear my 3" spike knee-high boots in public, but these posts have given me a willingness to do so. Have worn hh clogs a lot, but was afraid that the spikes would be too noticible. Now I want to flaunt it, and not want to hide 'em with cuffs. They are very pointed, too.

Thank you so much, but I prefer to neither look like Bozo the Clown nor Uncle Sam - LOL!

Aww, it's not so bad. A few years ago when I was at my old workplace, just before July 4th, I wore a red shirt, navy pants and white pumps at the office. My co-workers got a real charge out of that, saying I was very patriotic. HA!

As far as size goes, I can wear either a US 12 or US 11 depending upon the cut, hose, etc.

12 or 11. Hmph! Remind me to despise you! :-)

Roniheels-

Where do you find jean shorts? Mine are all worn out and gone and I can't find any more!

Walmart carries a line of jean shorts (Old Glory). I have seen ads at Penney's and Kohls for jean shorts, too. But many of my jean shorts are cut-offs that I have had hemmed. I like those the best because I can determine the length of the shorts.

Hey Jeff,

(...)

By the by, I think they look a lot better under pants than over.

Bootking my friend... those red boots look CRAZY under, over, inverted, clean, dirty, with pants, with skirts, etc, etc, etc...

Congratulations on those INCREDIBLE and BEAUTIFUL red boots. WOW!:thumbsup:

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Those are some sweet looking boots. And they look great with your navy blue chinos. I have one pair of red high heels. I've only worn them once in public, also with navy blue slacks. The blue/red combination seems to work.

The problem now Roni, is so many heels and so little public time!

You are so right. The number of places to dare to wear high heels is so numerous. And so many great ieads have been give by our friends here at HHP. But the more to explore, the more to conquer, so to speak.

The problem now Roni, is so many heels and so little public time!

Quite true! The places where you can go in heels these days are limited only by your imagination and how far you're willing to travel. As long as you're bold and confident in yourself, the world is pretty much open to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted "to show." However, I kind of see it in a gray area. My goal (usually) is to pick shoes that go fantastic with my outfit. If that happens, I guess that I am "showing." Women wear shoes to "show," don't they? But they don't necessarily "show off" their shoes. I do like to see people's reactions, but mostly I would like for people to have the second thought. The first thought being "Hey, that guy is wearing heels," and the second is hey, that guy looks great in heels."

Style is built from the ground up!

Women wear shoes to "show," don't they?

Then WE should be just eager to show off our shoes as well! Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see why that shouldn't be the case. As long as you're dressed properly and tastefully for the environment you happen to be in, I say, be bold and be proud of the shoes you choose to wear.

I do like to see people's reactions, but mostly I would like for people to have the second thought. The first thought being "Hey, that guy is wearing heels," and the second is hey, that guy looks great in heels."

Well, you're not alone there. I also prefer the second reaction to the first. That says to me that people have gotten past the "oddity" factor of a man in heels to where they appreciate how well a man looks and carries himself in them. That's the important thing, not just that we look good in heels, that we act well in them as well.

• 3 months later...