To show or not to show, that is the question

bisbix

To show or not to show  

106 members have voted

1. 1. To show or not to show

In time I'd love to show off, but I think it'll take time to build up to it :winkiss:

K

Man, just take the plunge.....this is something you can't work up for. Wear a nice looking pair of Loafers with 3" heels - black or brown - and go to the mall and just act like you own the place. No one will notice...and if anyone does, they won't care anyway. Everyone is way to occupied with their own concerns.

besides, if anyone reacts, just walk on and smile nicely. (email thighbootguy if you've any questions....he's a very accomplished street heeler. )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like an inch of my heel to show when I'm standing, more when I'm walking, and even more when I'm sitting. People will still notice If they choose to do so. Like said before by Bubba---people are too tied up in their own affairs in most cases to even notice a guy in heels. As long as I'm happy, who cares. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Man, just take the plunge.....this is something you can't work up for. Wear a nice looking pair of Loafers with 3" heels - black or brown - and go to the mall and just act like you own the place. No one will notice...and if anyone does, they won't care anyway. Everyone is way to occupied with their own concerns.

besides, if anyone reacts, just walk on and smile nicely. (email thighbootguy if you've any questions....he's a very accomplished street heeler. )

I'm coming round to it. Taking the plunge, that is. I do have several pairs of shoes already, but passion pink stilettoes aren't idea, neither are my brown stiletto cowboy boots. But the ones I've mentioned in a previous thread are looking good for me, although I may just go out and buy some in advance...

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/12/05/e73f_1.GIF

These are quite dull (as a TV I generally wore boots similar to those in my avatar), but I'm reckoning that in male dress (female jeans but a standard shirt), it's probably better to go conservative.

I'm onle of those people who once they commit to something, just dives in and makes the most of it. Milton Keynes shopping centre here we come :winkiss:

K

if you dont want anyone to see them,just stay home and wear them

I agree. Chances are some people are going to notice anyway no matter how you try to hide the heels. They'll hear the clicking of the heel, the pants will ride up, or something. Once I get a good pair of streetheeling shoes I'll wear them places. I might wear them with a pair of jeans (regular guy jeans so won't hide the heel) but that'll be about it.

Show? Shoot yes let 'em show. A big part of this forum is to further our cause. The more we are seen, the more we are accepted. The more we are accepted, the easier it will be to heel, buy, and be comfortable wearing what we like. HEELS

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I like to show them. Last time I was out I was in 4" black pumps, tan hose, and a mini skirt with a casual men's skirt. I'm 6'4" without heels and so the hieght, the mini skirt, and my broad shoulders left nothing to hide. I was definitely a man in skirt and heels. Felt GREAT!!! There's a girl at work that wears 5" stillettos under floor length pants. It makes her look like she has no feet. The pants legs fall straight to the floor like she has two peg legs. I hate it!

I like to show them. Last time I was out I was in 4" black pumps, tan hose, and a mini skirt with a casual men's skirt. I'm 6'4" without heels and so the hieght, the mini skirt, and my broad shoulders left nothing to hide. I was definitely a man in skirt and heels. Felt GREAT!!!

There's a girl at work that wears 5" stillettos under floor length pants. It makes her look like she has no feet. The pants legs fall straight to the floor like she has two peg legs. I hate it!

Glad to see there are other tall men that wear high heels. I'm 6'5" without heels and want to wear heels and skirts in public (once I get some good street shoes and some skirts) and this gives me a bit more confidence to do so.

I'm planning to go by Payless and a few clothing stores to see what I can find tomorrow.

..There's a girl at work that wears 5" stillettos under floor length pants. It makes her look like she has no feet. The pants legs fall straight to the floor like she has two peg legs. I hate it!

If she's approachable, you should go over and say something, maybe "You wear great shoes, you should try to show more of them..." I'd hope she'd appreciate the compliment, even if she doesn't read into it that you might be a heel lover.

Is she more outgoing, or a bit reserved? Maybe she's like some of us - she loves wearing high heels, but doesn't want the looks and comments associated with them. I don't think I'm unusally in thinking the view I have of a woman wearing 1" loafers would be very different if she was in 5" stillettos.

• 2 months later...

When I do wear heels in public, it's pretty subdued, usually the heel is half-covered by jeans.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I do love to show my shoes most of the time. In the last few months I have been out in red shoes, peep toes, and even sandals. On occasion I don't feel the need however. For those times, I just opt for more conservative heels. Women must go through similar situations I would assume. Over the last few months, I have bought a few pair of women's trousers and jeans with a long inseam that covers my shoes pretty well, but I do it more for style than to hide my shoes. I like long trousers because they are made for heels and really add some pop to the outfit.

Style is built from the ground up!