Who has bought some new shoes

gj

• 2 weeks later...

This is JS Dany in the sand color I’ve wanted for a while. DSW still has this at $110 but typing Dany in the Dillard search box shows these and the black at just $35 as they’re on clearance. Got the 11 and they arrived in just 52 hours. Fit like a glove. This Dany has a 6.25/16cm heel whereas the Devalyn has a 5.5”/14 cm heel.

IMG_8951.jpeg

• Like 4

Here’s two looks with the JS Dany in black which I don’t think I’ve posted. Had the black ones about two years now. Quite high at 6.25”/16cm in sz11 but very stable. If at an outdoor event this would a great choice if not wearing wedges.

IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

• Like 1

I wasn't looking for a new pair of shoes, but I have always wanted a pair of high heeled penny loafers. I thought I had found such a pair a year ago when I bought some New Religion shoes of that description, but they had a fatal flaw: No matter how many fitment devices I used, I walked out of them every other step. So I got rid of them. Then, a few weeks ago, these Stuart Weitzman Mocup loafers in olive green suede appeared in my Poshmark feed. Not my first pick of colors, but a unique addition to my collection. The seller kept dropping the price over a period of time, and by the time the price got down to $27, I couldn't resist. And this for Stuart Weitzman!

What I did not realize is that these shoes have evidently never been worn. Not a mark on them anywhere, top or bottom, even though they did not come in a box. They are rather more attractive in person than I thought they would be from the photos. Their appearance is super narrow, even though they don't necessarily fit that way. They have a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform, which at one time was a staple of my collection. The heel is 3/4" wide, and is simulated stacked leather.

I wore them outside right away, which is something I used to shy away from doing until I vetted them properly. I can kind of tell fairly quickly nowadays. I wore them for several hours with nothing negative to report.

SWeitzmanMocupClose.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/11/2024 at 2:42 AM, mlroseplant said:

I wasn't looking for a new pair of shoes, but I have always wanted a pair of high heeled penny loafers. I thought I had found such a pair a year ago when I bought some New Religion shoes of that description, but they had a fatal flaw: No matter how many fitment devices I used, I walked out of them every other step. So I got rid of them. Then, a few weeks ago, these Stuart Weitzman Mocup loafers in olive green suede appeared in my Poshmark feed. Not my first pick of colors, but a unique addition to my collection. The seller kept dropping the price over a period of time, and by the time the price got down to $27, I couldn't resist. And this for Stuart Weitzman!

What I did not realize is that these shoes have evidently never been worn. Not a mark on them anywhere, top or bottom, even though they did not come in a box. They are rather more attractive in person than I thought they would be from the photos. Their appearance is super narrow, even though they don't necessarily fit that way. They have a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform, which at one time was a staple of my collection. The heel is 3/4" wide, and is simulated stacked leather.

I wore them outside right away, which is something I used to shy away from doing until I vetted them properly. I can kind of tell fairly quickly nowadays. I wore them for several hours with nothing negative to report.

SWeitzmanMocupClose.jpg

Now those look fantastic...

• Thanks 1

Just came in, JS Xona. They fit but are snug, so I will wear them around the house to break them in before spending a day in them. I'll post a picture with these and shorts in a week or so.  Looking at another JS wedge sandal now.

Xona.jpeg

• Like 2

And I thought that I was through buying clothes.  I already have a closet full, but , yesterday In bought a pair navy blue of men’s shorts and a white cotton golf shirt with navy blue flex that will match perfectly with my white and navy blue 5” ankle strap sandals.  And I thought that I was too old to think about coordinating my outfits.  

• Haha 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.