Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

I went in for a pedicure in San Fran and the receptionist asked me to pick out a color and we spent about 10 minutes looking at different colors and talking about what to pick it was soo much fun!

Congratualtions on your choice of color. I absolutely love red polish on my toes and usually wear OPI Big Apple Red. Whenever I'm not at work my toes are exposed in women's sandals and I get a lot of compliments on the Big Apple Red Color. It is really a fire engine red. If I had to choose one color to wear on my toes forever it would be a bright red.

What is the name of the color that you chose?

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I went in for a pedicure in San Fran and the receptionist asked me to pick out a color and we spent about 10 minutes looking at different colors and talking about what to pick it was soo much fun!

Red is my favorite color too. I had my pedi done the week before Christmas. I like Sally Hanson polish and the name is "Rapid Red", which I bring to the nail salon each time I get a pedi. I have the same woman nail tech each time and she has no problem with the fact that I am a man and that I always wear heels to get my pedi!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Finally went for my first pedicure in a while.. Ive been doing them myself and getting really good but then I realized I miss my acrylic pedicures...

Posted Image

Are you a being from another planet - your feet are the opposite way round to those of earthlings? :unsure:

Nice nails, though!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I used mauve nail polish on my toes to see what the wife would think and she did not object in fact i think she liked them they did look nice better than plain feet so i kept them like it for a week until they became chipped and i had to remove it

I polish mine all the time and wear them openly with sandals a lot. My wife and I are going on a cruise in July and we will be getting a pedicure before we go and will only take sandals on the trip.

Today, I had a pedi and my nail tech Kathy, applied my favorite color, "Rapid Red" from Sally Hansen. I did get a nice comment, this morning at the nail salon by another woman patron who said she liked my heeled Born, black velvet, open toe slides and my new red pedi. I really enjoyed myself this morning getting my pedi. For you other male heelers out there, if you haven't experienced a pedi get one. You will really enjoy the experience, even if you don't color your toes. Just get a natural finish or clear coat. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Today, I had a pedi and my nail tech Kathy, applied my favorite color, "Rapid Red" from Sally Hansen.

I did get a nice comment, this morning at the nail salon by another woman patron who said she liked my heeled Born, black velvet, open toe slides and my new red pedi.

I really enjoyed myself this morning getting my pedi.

For you other male heelers out there, if you haven't experienced a pedi get one. You will really enjoy the experience, even if you don't color your toes. Just get a natural finish or clear coat.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

i love rapid red

• 1 month later...

I went to the nail salon, this morning for a pedi. My nail tech, Kathy gave me a great pedi as usual. I also had her apply , my favorite color, "Rapid Red" from Sally Hansen, collection. This morning was different at the salon. There were three other men getting pedi's and only two women. More men were getting their pedi than women. We doubled the women there. All the other men had polish, but I was the the only one getting red. One was getting pink, another an off white and the other in clear only. We all had a great time talking about having out toes colored, both the men and the women. I even got a compliment on the Born heeled sandals I was wearing from a woman customer. What a great feeling to get that in the nail salon from a woman. So, men who are fellow heelers, I hope that you will also experience the pleasure of getting a pedicure, at a salon in the future. You will really enjoy it, very much, I know I do!!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

bluejay,

I do go to a private residence in the Chicago suburbs but am on the road right now and will be trying out a salon in Ohio very soon and I am looking forward to it. A pedicure is a fabulous experience indeed.! HappyinHeels

bluejay,

I do go to a private residence in the Chicago suburbs but am on the road right now and will be trying out a salon in Ohio very soon and I am looking forward to it. A pedicure is a fabulous experience indeed.! HappyinHeels

Hope you enjoy your pedi, in Ohio

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I go to a salon in Ohio all the time. It's everything you could ever want in a salon - nice gals who are very talented and keep the place spotless and odorless by using "organic/green" products as much as possible. They love their customers, especially men, and it shows. Of course they love chocolate even more and it never hurts to give them some kisses (Hershey's Kisses, that is!). Bluejay, I do hope you and Mrs. Bluejay can visit someday and get a pedi from this special salon. Steve

Yes, I have to concur with Steve. I love getting a pedi. If any of you male heelers out there have never experienced a pedi, make sure you try one. It's a great experience and you will surely go back time and time again like I do, and Steve does too! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people some pictures i had on my computer and i have delete but before i'll post them here. Enjoy they are pictures of my painted feet on slippers, something i love.............mmmmmmmm slippers, i love the smell of a good well worn pair of slippers post-2809-0-18364900-1377129327_thumb.jp post-2809-0-88642300-1377129336_thumb.jp post-2809-0-07783100-1377129345_thumb.jp post-2809-0-48342300-1377129355_thumb.jp post-2809-0-76343300-1377129365_thumb.jp post-2809-0-58779000-1377129375_thumb.jp post-2809-0-96028600-1377129380_thumb.jp post-2809-0-57805700-1377129385_thumb.jp post-2809-0-81854000-1377129395_thumb.jp post-2809-0-79600000-1377129402_thumb.jp

Im glad this topic came up, as this was something I wanted to try, so last week, I did for the first time. To my surprise, I actually liked what I saw. Unfortunately, I cannot do this all the time, as the family will notice. They noticed my hair free legs and started to ask questions, so if they saw polish, I cannot imagine what will be asked ;)

I just keep socks on all the time.

I use to race bicycles so I had a good reason to shave the legs. Now I just hate the hair.

Wife likes legs shaved. Been that way for 20yrs with a short period of hair

• 1 month later...

I went for a pedi, last Friday morning. Instead of my usual red color on my toes I opted for "Hot Pink" color to wear for "Breast Cancer Awareness" month, October.

I have gotten several compliments and a couple of thank-you's for wearing pink.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

I paint my toenails all the time. I use O.P.I  I think strappy sandals especially look better when you have nail-polish on those toes! Unfortunantly My nails which I trim and file  and buff are looking a bit rough  wearing  nail polish too much I guess I follow the rule, base coat , color coat and top coat Looking stained they are Any help on that issue would be appreciated.   Business people I am sure keep their nails  both  finger and toes looking  professional. During the  spring and summer I walk around the apartment complex with my toe-nails painted and no comments.   7 years ago when I finally wore high heels my wife always wanted too paint my toenails and I said no-way!   But when she finally talked me into it. I looked at the nice purple polish she put on my toe nails and thought that was pretty.  so she  removed the nail polish and  I never took care of my nails never trimmed or filed  when they got long I  ripped the top of the nails off   and they did not look good and I thought  they looked terrible with that appearance  and from then on  I  took good care.   and now  they look a heck of a lot better nice and  manicured. So I have no problems with  guys doing it   Like with a,lot of ladies I see they let their polish wear off or chip  and that detracts from the appearance of pretty sandals and feet.