World Heel Meet 2007: Testimonials

kneehighs

Managed to drop in at the Miller for a couple of hours. Good to meet everyone, whether you came from near or far. Somebody also arranged the weather to be on its best behaviour too:smile:

I had a great time and I hope that I've made some new friends. To top it off Tara let me try on her crotchhiboots so my screen name fits a little more. Sadly I had to beg off Torture garden due to being in pain from too much walking around.

77r90dL lf

I was in pain too (three blisters and some broken skin) but with extensive DIY chiropody and the application of plasters and rubbing strips I was able to come after all. Mind you, I did have to leave early as I knew I had a mile or so to walk to the car and my feet were starting to kill me!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Without a doubt, a wonderful 3 days. As the folks from Mastercard put it.... .............plane tickets to London from Vancouver, $800 ..............hotel in London £60 ...............A night at Torture Garden £25 .................A day at the Miller £8 .....................New friendships PRICELESS!!! First and foremost a big thank you to Kneehighs for the terrific organization and Tara as our local guide/local knowledge. To Admirer5577 for "Tube Knowledge". To 5inchlover to all the new experiences you discovered. Thank you to everyone for making Angela and I feel so welcome and right at home. We had so much fun! david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

The Heel Meet was an amazing experience!

I showed up at Starbucks to find Firefox, Robert, and a3 already there. Soon afterwards, Xa and Calv came in.

Within the hour, many others arrived and we made our way to The Miller.

The Miller was an absolutely great venue to host our meet at which commends the solid judgement of both Heelfan and Dr. Shoe. We ordered a buffet for 25 people which had everything from mini pizzas, sushi rolls, and nachos to mini bruschetta's. Drinks were quite reasonable and tasty as well. Plus, it was clean.

As a large group, most of us hung out inside the private function room for a couple of hours and chatted amongst each other. I think Shakedown and Euchrid played a game of pool as well.

After a couple of hours, we decided to break off into smaller groups. But first, we had to take the obligatory group pictures. At this point, I started to lose track of where the individual groups went. Perhaps when the others have a chance, they can fill in my informaitonal gaps.

Throughout the day, other members trickled in. This is another reason why The Miller was such a great place to host the meet. As opposed to searching up and down Oxford Street for the group, people could easily locate us at The Miller.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Chatting with iloveboots in his black thigh high boots and Lady Libertee (if I'm not mistaken, her feet were so sore from walking around London so much, she was in trainers), watching crotchhiboots stand tall in his black heels...even euchrid had some stiletto boots on for awhile...shakedown in his typical round toe chunky heels (I think they were the same shoes he wore last year), admirer5577 in his "croco" print boots that he bought in Paris, Fog in his beautiful brown thigh boots, Mrs Fog in her Patent Red stilettos with matching patent red belt, Robert from Gouda in his black boots, Heel-D in his pointy toe kneehigh boots....

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made this meet happen. Without people like Pam who scheduled business appointments around the meet, without people like crotchhiboots who planned six months ago to come, without dedicated members like admirer5577 and ramon020 who flew in to spend time building friendships that will last a lifetime, without locals like Heel-D and Dr. Shoe who took the time to make it despite their very busy schedules...this meet would not have been possible without everyones dedication and committment to coming. Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

EDIT: A very special thanks to Thighboots2 for loaning me a pre-paid cell phone for the weekend. Very thoughtful! ;)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I was really cool meeting you guys and it was really cool going out to bars in heels. Never did that before :o Never tired on womens shoes in store before.;) Just one thing is not so cool: The way my feet feels now.

Hi you all, I am still at home feeling solala and snieezing and coughing. Haven´t left the flat since Wednesday. I am happy to here that there were so many of you there and would love to see more pictures and read mor stories about it. All the best for you all Heeluis

Another pretty good meeting. I turned up at Starbucks at 10.30 to find Euchrid there and gradually other people drifted in. This wasn't a very good Starbucks to meet at, only tables for two so not suited to a group of 17! We went off to the Miller and the buffet was excellent. Having seen Oxford Street a few times recently, I decided to stay on at the Miller to drink, chat and Mrs F and I got whipped at pool by Rob and Fred. Later on we met Ritchie who dropped in for a drink. Rob and I were last to leave the Miller at about 18.00 and we whizzed over to the Reef at Waterloo Station to meet Xa and Calv for an expensive pint of Hoegarden. Rob and I then shot off to Portland place as we were a bit late for the evening meal. Talk about finding a needle in haystack, we met our friend from Belgium in the depths of Waterloo tube station. The three of us then went off to Sergio's an Italian restaurant, near Portland place. It wasn't a bad meal for £23 and I then left the others to prepare for the Torture Garden. I didn't have a fetish enough "ensemble" for the TG dress code, but if we do it again, I guarantee to turn up with something interesting. Thanks to Craig for his excellent organising of a record turn out. Anyone will realise it's a great feat to cajole 25 people to turn up. I had enough trouble getting 5 or 6 in the days of the old heel meets. But once people do come, they generally have a great time.

I'm seriously interested in going to the next TG if anyone's interested... BTW FF, you should have said I could have easily have loaned/given you something.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

First and fullmost, I going to pass a BIG thanks to kneehighs for getting this meet off the ground. Without you I don't think we would've got this many people together. Your promotion of heeling and freestyling, both male and female, shows no bounds and is to be commended. It has certainly helped boost my confidence and style. Also, thanks for bagging the venue. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time (including me) and we all managed to do things that suited us. The Miller was a splendid venue, the staff didn't bat an eyelid and were very hospitable.

Unfortunately, I arrived after most of the food was gone but from what I heard it was good. Time was not on my side on Saturday as I had to work my night shift in the evening so my visit was brief, but I still enjoyed getting to know people better and managing to get some of Oxford Street in with Kneehighs, Pumps and Lennard.

It was a shame I couldn't make it to TG. Sounds like judging from what I've read so far, you all had a wicked time. Certainly sounds like something I have to experience at least once. I hope to see some more pictures! ;)

Overall, an excellent meet. It seems every one was happy. Next time I promise I will get time off work so I can enjoy the meet properly.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

One thing I'd like to add. On friday night, admirer5577, ramon020, a3, Pumps, and I were walking around Old Compton Street and someone did make a comment: "Is this some kind of society?" LOL

On that night a3 left back early for his hotel. The rest of us went into Bar Soho where we found a table next to a group of girls. One girl was giving repeated sidelong glances at Pumps' shoes...I don't know if she knew or believed what she was looking at. So as to not confuse her anymore, Pumps and I traded spots. I was wearing black skinny pants with buttons up the sides of the ankles and calves, navy blue striped v-neck sweater, and long white t-shirt beneath it. The icing on the cake was my 4" stiletto pumps.

As soon as I sat down, the girl got up right away and moved. She was probably so shocked ;)

Oddly enough, walking around the streets in skinny pants and stiletto pumps didn't really gather that much attention. And that for me was a good thing as I like to freestyle as non-chalantly as I can.

We wound up concluding the night at a real hip SOHO lounge. Towards the end of the night, I sat next to a girl who was sitting alone. To break the ice, I complimented her hair. We started to talk and for over five minutes she did NOT even notice my stiletto pumps...even when they were obviously right before her eyes...until I pointed them out to her.

The predictable jaw drop took place, she said something to the tune of, "Oh My God...your shoes are a little girly. Are you gay?" There are always three objections people have: Gay? Perverted Sicko? And Slippery Slope to sexual re-assignment surgery?

The gay one is the easiest for me to demolish. I just flirted by putting my hand behind her head (reading her facial gestures for signs of going too far), softly pulling on her hair (continuing to read her facial expressions which was now good), and saying, "I wouldn't have gone out of my way to compliment and continue to talk to someone as attractive as you if I was gay now would I have?"

Friday night was overall a great time...If I'm not mistaken, it was the first time Pumps went out for a night on the town in pumps and it was equally pleasurable catching up with admirer5577, ramon020 and hearing about a3's work on his home.

I hope your home turns into a palace a3!

I sitting here thinking on how nice it was to meet and go shopping with guys that had the same interests as me. You can feel quite alone with your heeling at times. Only thing was that I was the only one at the meet wearing pumps, but then again I was the one getting a "Nice shoes" from that girl coming in at the Miller.;)

Just want to add my thanks to kneehighs for organising this. Total blast for me on each of the Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights experiences. Loved every minute. Thanks to iloveboots and Lady Liberte too for being just so accomodating and friendly. Was one of the last to leave TG in the end and got home about 6.30 - didnt want it to end! Cheers.

The gay one is the easiest for me to demolish. I just flirted by putting my hand behind her head (reading her facial gestures for signs of going too far), softly pulling on her hair (continuing to read her facial expressions which was now good), and saying, "I wouldn't have gone out of my way to compliment and continue to talk to someone as attractive as you if I was gay now would I have?"

Kneehighs...

Thats an excellent comeback on that line... ;)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Sounds like you all had a great Saturday. I was only able to make the Friday luchtime meet at Morgan M's. It was great to meet up with the gang there. The food was just superb and seemed to cater to all tastes. The Venison was the most popular and yummy it was too. I know it was good as lunch took over 3 hours! The time just flew by for me. Great company, excellent conversation. As we were on a long table it was difficult to have a conversation with those on the ends, but nevertheless, I think we all enjoyed the culinary experience. A big thanks to FOG for organising this venue. So until the next time we do lunch, happy heeling. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

What is there to say except a very BIG thanks to the guys that made this possible, especially kneehighs and his UK friends who found all the great places to be at.

I arrived already Thursday morning and got some time to look around on my own first and then in the evening I met up with 5inchlover, iloveboots and Angela and we went for a meal. Friday evening were spent on the town and being in company with iloveboots and 5inchlover gave lots of nice comments since they most of the time wore high heeled thigh boots.

Friday was again more eating (you others have already told the story about the Morgan M restaurant so I won't bore you with more details), a short visit to Camden Town and then again eating. There was actually a time when I thought I maybe have misunderstood the whole thing, I though it should be a "heel meet" but it more looked like a "meal meet" ;)

The evening was spent around the bars in Soho. The story there can be read in kneehighs posts. A great time, thank you guys for doing the bar hops in heels. Dissapointingly (?) not a lot of people noticed our foot wear, but then again it was Soho.

Saturday at Miller was THE opportunity to meet and talk to all you guys I have only read posts of. Seing the face gives a whole new dimension and the whole time spent there was great. A big thanks to the staff at the Miller who made this possible.

Evening dinner I spent with with iloveboots, Angela, 5inchlover, Firefox, Ramon020, f_private and a3 at an italian restaurant called Sergio's, a recommendation from the hotel staff at Astor Court. I honestly can not remember when I last had such a great time in a restaurant. The staff were just super and the waiter really made the dinner. Will not forget when he checked out 5inchlover's catsuit!! The whole thing took longer than expected and suddenly we were late for preparing for Torture garden. Unfortunately we forgot/didn't have time to take pics of us. The face of the receptionist when we came down for the taxis can not be described. As a3 didn't have the full adress he asked the receptionist to find it on the web so she typed in "torturegarden" to find the adress for Canvas and her comment was something like: "Are you really going there??" We had a lot of fun with here the following mornings too.....

So what to say about TG? My first visit to a fetish club and for sure not the last. It was a blast!!! I am not a person who normally get comments on my clothing cuz I think it is seen as rather classic/conventional but I did put some effort in my outfit for TG and actually got a lot of positive feed back from people I have never seen or met before. Maybe fetish parties is my scene??!!

If you are interested, this is what I wore: A black hat, black slim shirt with a white bowtie, black goth kind of style short skirt, black tights and really pointy black 5,5" stiletto pumps. On top of this a white satin corset and black/white striped arm and also leg warmers. This was my first time ever out in a skirt but to my surprice I felt 100% comfortable in this outfit and I guess my confidence showed.

Sunday was a little bit slow but me, ramon020, iloveboots and Angela went for a longer trip to Camden Town, an area I loved from the first moment I sat my foot there. I guess I am a lot more punk/goth than I thought I was. In the evening we went back to Sergio's restaurant together with kneehighs and we had a long, very nice, dinner and summed up what we all thought was a great week-end.

Monday most were back home but I spent the day on the town before heading home in the evening. This included a trip in the London eye, not in heels though cuz four days of heeling feels in your feet.

I didn't have a chance to talk to all and everyone so the ones not mentioned here isn't forgotten by me. My head was a bit blurry and working overtime the whole week-end so some short circuits erased my memory.

kneehighs and ramon020; we know each other quite well by now so I won't say much here. Just a big thanks to you, and thanks kneehighs for being the courier for my aviation stuff.

iloveboots and Angela; thanks for all the great time we spent together. I realize we actually had all the meals together so I guess we hit it off rather well. And I am glad to be appointed your un-official tube tour guide. During dinners we also had many interesting conversations, both aviation talk (sorry Angela and ramon020 if we sometimes bored you) but we also covered all other sorts of very interersting topics. You are my first friends from Canada so be prepared, I might just pop down in Vancouver some day but probably not flying there myself :o.

pumps; Nice to finally have met a fellow Swede. I read you posts after the meeting and you seem to have had a good time too. As we live only some 25 miles/40km apart we should meet again.

Pam, a3 and Robert; Nice seeing you again. To see you a3 in balletboots at TG was impressive. I have tried BB but after two steps I gave up cuz my toes killed me. And you walked around for 4 hours!!

Tara; Nice to see you in person. I hope to be able to go to England more for business in the future and I will try to arrange it around TG dates. Wanna join me going there?

5inchlover; You showed more courage than I will ever have in my whole life, WOW.

f_private; Great seing you. Watching you at TG makes me guess that this was a place you really enjoyed. And so did I.

Firefox, Fog, mrs F and all others I met and talked to; Great to have met you all in person and hope to see you some day soon again.

Hallo, a special thanks voor kneehights and all the afford he has put in to make this happen. Indead he had dinner on the friday evening. On the start it was only my wondering was this Alfreds restaurant where there was a table resevated. With Pumps we waited to get the table and soon pick from the street other members. With 7 of us talking start eating becouse some of them want to get to a show of ..... After they where left, kneehights and 3 others filled up the gap after shopping for the TG party and join eating and a lot talking. And after some walking throu the centre looking at a lot of heels and we had a glance from the roof of kneehight appartment to the Soho-bar. Very nice. From that time I went to my bed in the Winrose hotel. All time walking in black boots with a solled 3" heel. A good exercise for the saterday to meet all of the group. On saterday morning met Robert at the breakfast table and went on later to the Starbucks in the same black boots. As the group expent there it was nice to get at the Miller. Free space, low musicklevel, good food and people to talk to. Many thanks to Tara and ...... had found this place and talk to them to get open for us. After the pictures went back to my hotel for a beauty sleep and give my feed a rest. And to be prepared for the heavy duty that follows on the TG party. But for dinner I had to meet up others at the Astor Court Hotel. And there I ask frindly to the young lady behind the desk if she could help my finding the adress map of the party. Finally comming to the side of TG there it was. But her eyes went open as her mouth when she saw the opening page here. I don't know if she went later on looking to that or not. By me she got a eye opener. At the TG, Robert and I met others in the walking line to collect the ticket (from internet buying). All that was good laid out and easy going in. Perhaps it was still early say 23:15 and not many where in but after us the stream of people continues on and on. There was the hole spectrum from almost naked to full dressed uniforms in lack,latex, leder etc. Heels from flat to 8" with or without platform. And for my (Maria) black knee ballet boots had a lot of positive reactions. That kept her going as she was pride that she was able to walk in thies boots arround in here. I hope to get a few pictures from the photographers at this place to let you all know how it looks there. But on every thing comes an end so this wonderful weekend too meet other heel loving people. On sunday back to home and the work that has to be done there. Perhaps see others at the next meeting, enjoy your heels A3

I'm seriously interested in going to the next TG if anyone's interested...

BTW FF, you should have said I could have easily have loaned/given you something.

Hey thanks Dr Shoe ;)

I do have one or two things at home which would probably get by and I could do thigh boots and an innovative top half. If anyone wants to do TG again sometime, I'd be up for it.

Wow! What a great group of people! I enjoyed meeting all and especially witnessing their evolution in the enjoyment of wearing heels. I was thrilled to be a part of some of the first time experiences such as wearing heels in public. I believe we all need to be who ever it is that we truly are. To find a group that is working toward truly being themselves is just the coolest. And to get the feed back that they did from some of the public and other members is priceless. iloveboots and I were there for a whirlwind of 5 days with the high point being TG or Torture Gardens. To see the plethora of human expression was unbeatable. I was especially impressed with the efforts of kneehighs to make this trip a reality and to ensure that all were comfortable. The extra effort he personally made to see that each and every member was enjoying him/her self was commendable. As I'm not sure of the handles of the members I met I just want to say that I thought you all were really great people. I would definitely want to be a part of any group endeavor you undertake again.

Awesome! What a Heelmeet! Congratulations Kneehighs and helpers for a record attendance (Firefox and Dr Shoe have said 29 and 27 respectively by telephone). So sorry I had to drop-out due to jazz band dates Fri/Sat/Sun! Kneehighs - can you edit your photographs posting to add a left-to-right legend under the pics to let us all know who is who? Congrats again! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

It sounds as though a good time was had by all and I found the individual accounts interesting. No doubt there will be some more pictures to see shortly. May I congratulate admirer5577 on his detailed account of the weekend, all expressed in excellent English. I liked his comment about Camden Town being '... an area I loved from the first moment I sat my foot there.'. Not quite the correct idiom (better to say 'set foot there' or 'set foot in it') but we certainly get the picture! [i'm rather reminded of the remote part of Africa described by an explorer as being a place 'where the hand of man has never set foot.' Quite!]

Is there any way to get rid of the top picture?

It paints me in a rather unflattering manner.

In a good faith effort to honor your request, I immediately moved the picture from one folder to another within my photobucket account, thereby breaking the URL link. Apparently, that hasn't worked yet, so I'll ask a mod to delete the first pic.

Heelfan I can get to that soon, I promise...I'm still in Europe for another week and a half on holidays though and am trying to stay offline...visiting castles in the hills of Ireland etc.

In a good faith effort to honor your request, I immediately moved the picture from one folder to another within my photobucket account, thereby breaking the URL link. Apparently, that hasn't worked yet, so I'll ask a mod to delete the first pic.

Heelfan I can get to that soon, I promise...I'm still in Europe for another week and a half on holidays though and am trying to stay offline...visiting castles in the hills of Ireland etc.

Hey, you should. Don't spend your vacation by the computer. Have fun overthere.

You know.....

if there were another meet in a month I'd probably go.;)

Sorry, you've missed it now! LOL

Seriously, keep watching for mini-meets through the year.