Have You Seen Any Guys Street-heeling? (Survey)

Heelfan

That is a difficult reaction to manage. I've had a similar experience in the past (different subject not related to heels). In my case it gave me an indication of the "true feelings" and gave me some pointers on how to handle these situations.

Yes you are right, but as thighboots says is different in any person, he has a point see below, but for sure i have red flags indeed for telling my wife, so i have to work out even more this process for letting her know my hobbie., thanks for your feedback

Morpho,

I think i can quite understand your wife's reaction. She was faced with an obvious male dressed in female attire and basically not trying to hide the fact. Why not, it is NY after all ;-) but it is a sight many will not be used too and anything that one sees that you are not used too will initially cause a similar reaction until the information is processed by the person and they recover and are able to decide how to proceed.

If this is how you wish to present to your wife, then this is certainly the reaction you will get. But what if it were kneehighs who had just walked out of the door instead? Still in 4" stilettos, but clearly dressed as a man expressing fashion freedom. I guess we will never know the answer to that.

How do you want to present to the world?

Personally, whilst I am totally against all this gender specific stuff and I am totally for whomever wearing whatever they choose, it doesn't mean I have to like what I see. Personally I think there are precious few guys that can wear a dress well (or walk in high heels come to that even though they kid themselves they can), precious few can cross the line into female clothing and really look good as an obvious male, but there are certain styles that do lend themselves to being worn by either gender and business suits are one of those. A good example of this is the pictures by Heel-Lover from NZ. Maybe his choice of skirt length is a little to short for my taste, I am a little conservative in this as I prefer knee or longer lengths, but this aside, the look is not as outrageous. Rather a nice juxtaposition of the male and female clothing styles. Another style would be skinny pants with knee boots over as long as the guy has the right figure.

I do not really think you can count the gentleman you and you wife saw as a "heeler" as he was far more than that, and a brave soul too boot.

Simon

Yes you are right, in this case the man was presented as a freestyler with many femenine details such as hair, nails, boots, skirt, I was thinking that if he tried to make his face a litlle more presentable, then people looking at him wont be that alarmed, but it was quite unusual, for my taste, if i were to go out in anormal basis in heels, i would make a little effort to present well, either fashion as a man in heels (like kneehights) or in femme in a way that i put some effort in order to look like a whore or vulgar, but he was have neither of those aspects, is hard to describe, ...i think it was just not very convincing or atractive, ...maybe all the components were not matching and there was no harmony in the outfit besides there was a confusion of a man in dress, and hight heels. Still need to analize this situation because is a potential cause why men in heels are not well seen in public.

You never see a female nurse in heels in a hospital and certainly never a male nurse either. That must have been a very interesting sight to be sure.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Heels are well seen at hospitals yes indeed.

One day I went with my wife for a regular checking to a hospital at houston texas, and there where all this nurses, very normal dressed but the assistant of a doctor that was in the plastic surgery area, (it happened that we stopped there to ask for some info) was very nicely dressed in white as a nurse with a pencil skirt over the knee, some kind of stockings with a sexy design and a pair 5inch white pumps, she was really atracting the atention to the point that even my wife said that she was so pretty and overdressed to be working there, i said sarcastically, well mybe there are two reasons, one she is doing some advertising to this doctor and succeeding,and/ or two the doctor is having fun as well. lol

in anycase heels are well seen in hospitals around the world. it depends if the employee would like to wear them all the time.

But this person that as said is a male in femme, is something that i would liked to see also,

V. Morpho

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as heels worn by active duty nurses, it's rare that one working long hours wears anything higher than 2" heels. Why, because of the many hours on their feet and all of the walking they must do throughout their 12 hour shifts. I don't blame them. Sore feet really detract from concentrating on more important things....like not screwing up the medications.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Only time I've seen a guy wearing heels was in April 2007 in a London fitting room for a boot retailer. I was the only customer in the shop, getting my first heels and chatting to the sales girl: Me - "Do you get many men here buying for themselves?" Her - "A few, but not many" The next customer through the door was a guy, already wearing heels, jeans and jacket. I though it was funny, and so did the sales girl. Can't recall the style or height of his shoes/boots as I was too engrossed in my own fitting.

Morpho:-) Thanks for the up-date, but as Bubba says, I was refering to the active duty nurses also. They usually wear Crocs, or white sneakers., or slip-on mules. I have seen lady doctors wearing heels, but usualy a lower heel so that they can get around faster and comfortably. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've spent a lot of time in hospitals. I've never seen a female doctor or nurse in heels. I've seen female receptionists in Doctor's offices in heels, but never any of the staff nurses, unless you count Danskos as "heels." I've seen guys wearing heels in public, but never in any medical setting.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I am not (fortunately) a regular hospital attendee but I have on at least two occasions seen male porters of somewhat feminine appearance and dress, e.g. light make-up, 'pretty' shirts and block-heeled boots or clogs. It is a calling that seems to have its share of gay men - you can make a link if you wish. In the UK 40 or more years ago, when nurses wore 'proper' uniforms (with starched caps and aprons, black stockings etc ;-)), it was not uncommon to see them in low block-heeled courts (rather than flat lace-ups) on the ward, and sometimes higher heels, including stilettos, when off duty. And sisters (and certainly matron) would very likely wear high-heeled 'Oxford' lace-ups - rather old-fashioned even then but smart and practical. The more senior female doctors and consultants, whether in hosptal or not, have always worn high heels or other ordinary shoes or sandals if they chose to, unless of course in theatre or where they might be hazardous. Apart from a white coat, they often dressed much like a businesswoman. But the younger ones certainly dress-down nowadays, and often look sloppy. Auxiliary staff (e.g. radiographers) and receptionists in hospitals or GP's surgeries also often dress in more or less normal street clothes, with perhaps an added coat or other 'uniform' item. Maybe I'm lucky, but my GP's staff all look quite smart; at least one of the nurses there usually wears 3" heels.

I think this thread is for guys in public wearing heels, not if nurses will wear high heels when on duty, .....so funny how a topic can take other way, .... Ok, Yesterday a Was on the street, going ack to the office from luch and i say a TG very well dressed, she was walking very quick in a 5 inch high heel, i wanted to approach and try to see her entire outfit and how was her makeup from close, since i could spot her in the middle of the crowd just becasue of the color of the wig, and the height then I could identify the arms and shoulders, definatelly she was a very feminine man, well arranged. Many people were not noticing but others were finding something weird or unusual for some seconds, nothing more. She walked so fast and so fluent in those heels that i couldnt came even close to her. good for her. She looked like a pretty asian actress. this are real artists to my taste.

V. Morpho

Nice boots, but the rest doesn't appeal to me.

Geez, I hope that's not what you would say to this guy if you saw him in public and wanted to open a conversation with him, "Nice boots, but the rest doesn't appeal to me" ;-)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Geez, I hope that's not what you would say to this guy if you saw him in public and wanted to open a conversation with him, "Nice boots, but the rest doesn't appeal to me" :w00t2:

Actually, the next thing I would say to this guy -- after I said "nice boots" would be, "so, how about those Nicks?" :grin::lmao::jap:

(I think I would be very, very careful choosing my words while talking with this guy....especially if I had met him in a dark ally.)

;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 months later...

I've spent a lot of time in hospitals. I've never seen a female doctor or nurse in heels.

In our city, there is a female doctor who specializes in treating AIDS cases who always can be seen at the hospital wearing 3" and 4" high heels every day.

Saw my first guy (other then myself) in heels in public. Was at the southern rest stop for the Sunshine Skyway bridge near Tampa. He had on probably 3" block heels. Was nice to see.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 2 weeks later...

Ivisited some friends in Horsham yesterday in one of the pubs there was transvestite, a youngish guy. Did not see what shoes they were wearing though. I'm not from the area so won't be back there. He did not get any grief though which is good.

Hi, I've so far never seen another man in more than about 2-2,5'' heels. A few sightings i can remember, in Tallinn, Estonia, Norhteastern Europe: - a guy in gothic style, with long straight hair colored black, wearing very long black leather jacket and block wedge boots with about 2'' platforms and just slightly higher (maybe 2,5'') heels. - a big and significantly overweight man, probably 50 years old or so, in western style wearing an extra wide cowboy hat, a beige leather jacket, and 2,5'' cowboy boots. IMHO he didn't walk properly on those heels. - a guy wearing jeans, some polo shirt, and western-style mules with 2'' heels - a well-dressed man in 2'' block-heeled round-toed boots - also seen at least a couple of times men wearing 2'' block heeled Swedish-style wood clogs, like i do. Happy Heeling k6ps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not heels, but ballet flats, HeelD ought to get a kick out of this:

http://www.gademode.dk/?p=2995

As I write this, I'd like to reiterate that the women I've recently met are quite supportive of men wearing women's clothing. And these are BEAUTIFUL women, models...America's Nexst Tahp Mahdel finalist and a former muse for Gaultier.....we even went shopping for like an hour in the women's department of Zara. I watched her carefully as she picked out clothes that she liked for herself. One top is unisex and I fully intend to go back and buy it asap.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

In Poland it is rare. I saw some tv's, but official "heelers" is hard to achieve. People who love heels threre try to dress as woman (make femine) and to fake society about their sexual identity to wear heels in streets. I sew no other opportunity.

That's not necessarily true. Perhaps most of them wear heels en femme because of strong gender dichotomy, but there are some people who break that stereotype. Take Marcin or me for example.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Location - Cambridge, UK. Opposite the Grafton Centre waiting to cross the road at 5pm Sunday 26th July. Finally I have seen a fellow man out in his heels. A Goth look complete with studded collar. All black ensemble that looked from the top of the bus to be mostly leather. Carrying an umberella as it was raining. His footwear were a pair of black platform ankle boots with a chunky heel. I'd go with 1" plat 4" heel. Very remenicent of the type of shoes/boots I wore in the 70s. His walk was the thing that drew my eye to him. Kind of like he was just getting used to the walking in heels thing. No attempt to hide his footwear as he was in skinny trousers tucked in to the boots. Not my sort of look but at least I have seen a fellow "heeler". Now I just want to see more. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Not heels as such, but a few weeks ago I was out in Ireland for work (Liffey Valley) and there was a guy walking around the hotel in a skirt. Saw him first of all in the day wearing a long ankle length denim skirt (with trainers - ugh!) and then later in the day wearing a long pleated skirt, yellow blouse and some flat slingbacks (I wasn't a fan of these either). I didn't like the overall look very much, but it was good to see him out there doing his thing without a care in the world. He was with a lady as well, I'm assuming it was his partner, but I could be wrong. It was interesting to see my colleagues' reactions, there was one point where someone said something a little derogatory and I was able to defend him by saying "leave him alone, he's happy", and they did. Spiker.

• 1 month later...