Have You Seen Any Guys Street-heeling? (Survey)

Heelfan

Last year in Munich city centre, I was out shopping with my wife and noticed a guy wearing what looked like 3-4 inch stilettos that poked out from under his jeans. I doubt anybody else noticed because he walked so casually.

He walked into ... a shoeshop!

If it was in Munich, are you sure it wasn't Joak, a former member (might still be but is no longer active) here?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a guy heeling today for the first time (as in not a full transvestite) and I bet £10 the guy is on these boards :smile: Anyone I was on the train from Aberdeen to London and when it stopped at Peterborough I saw a guy (I think) get off the train and walk down the platform past where I was half asleep. I normally look out at stations in case there are any nice shoes on display and was a bit surprised to see the winner in some nice brown boots with maybe 3-4 inch heel was a guy. Also respect for heeling while carrying quite a large suitcase, that makes things tricky.

Interesting about observations in Germany. I was passing through Frankfurt airport last year going to Italy. I was impressed to see a fellow of smaller stature nice orange cashmere looking sweater, a pair lovely black pin-stripe pants and pair I guess 3" black slingbacks on with black sheer hose. It looked really good, lots of people around and nobody even took notice except for me, being envious of course. He also had a small moustach which I though placed him in our kind of league. At that point it gave me comfort and confidence to wear my own wedge boots in Italy. Mtnsofheels

Interesting about observations in Germany.

I was passing through Frankfurt airport last year going to Italy. I was impressed to see a fellow of smaller stature nice orange cashmere looking sweater, a pair lovely black pin-stripe pants and pair I guess 3" black slingbacks on with black sheer hose. It looked really good, lots of people around and nobody even took notice except for me, being envious of course. He also had a small moustach which I though placed him in our kind of league. At that point it gave me comfort and confidence to wear my own wedge boots in Italy.

Mtnsofheels

Airports are a good spot for high heel spotting.

Alas, security has become so annoying (security personel are so retarded here in canada) that I just dress as simple as possible and make sure I'm not carrying anything metalic while going through the security checks.

Love the boots in your avatar

• 4 weeks later...

Not in my area. And it has been quite a while since I have seen myself streetheel with my health problems. But the desire is still there and who knows what the future may bring again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 months later...

I can actually say I have finally seen another guy wearing heels, and it wasn't Johnieheel or guys at a heel meet. :thumbsup: I was in Lowe's with my folks, and saw a couple walking, but the one who certainly appeared to be a guy was wearing boots with about a 3" block heel. The sound got my attention, and if I hadn't been with my folks I might have caught up to confirm that it really was a guy, and maybe even introduce myself.

I can actually say I have finally seen another guy wearing heels, and it wasn't Johnieheel or guys at a heel meet. :thumbsup: I was in Lowe's with my folks, and saw a couple walking, but the one who certainly appeared to be a guy was wearing boots with about a 3" block heel. The sound got my attention, and if I hadn't been with my folks I might have caught up to confirm that it really was a guy, and maybe even introduce myself.

Funny cause wife and I was at Lowes Sat. and I was wearing my 3" block heel knee high tommy hill boots but with my shinny bald head, I don't think there is any mistake or question as if I am a male or female. lol!

real men wear heels

Johnieheel:-)

Very doubtful that anyone would mistake you for anything but a man, unless it would have been a girl who had shaved her head, like Shania.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Never know Dawn, I heard there are men out there wearing heels. I suppose there are women out there with bald heads also.lol

real men wear heels

• 4 weeks later...

Two guys in heels. I didn't bother to photoshop the first guy, who is standing with his girlfriend. The photo is from a Tokyo Street Fashion site. The second picture is from facebook, a Paris Men's Fashion Week picture. His facebook name is Igor Dewe.

post-486-133522879012_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522879017_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Yeah, the lighting in that photo is terrible, but it's definitely a girl and a guy. The photo was taken in Harajuku, Tokyo. There is a trend among a few there for guys to wear girls clothes, especially their girlfriends' clothes. Too much work, too little reward to take the time and go back and dig up the link though.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Oh yes...I met this guy in Rome.... He was looking at to some shoe shops:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/highfeelings/3226025948/sizes/l/

and here a short video:

.....Okay....That'me!!!

Posted Image

Why dont you attach your pictures to your post instead. Nobody can view them, which makes your link useless ;-)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

There is a park near where I work that has a big pond and walking paths all around it and some days I will go ther to have lunch and after I eat I usually will take a walk. Well a few weeks ago as I pulled up and parked there was a car parked across from me in the next lot and the drivers door was open and a high heeled boot was sticking out and after a bit the driver got out with their back to me this person was tall with long hair so I assumed a lady then the person turned around and I realized it was a man, he thru away a bag in the trash got back in his car and drove off. A few days later I went back to the park to have lunch when I saw his car but no one was in it so I had my lunch and got out to go for a walk as I neared this coverd pic nic table I saw him and he was wearing wide leg trousers and a pair of black mary janes with at least 4.5 inch heel, I decided to stop and talk to him but just as I got close his cell phone started ringing and when he answered he imedently picked up his lunch and started walking towards his car but sa we crossed paths he look down saw I was wearing heels looked up at me with a suprised look smiled and kept going. unfortantly I have not had a chance to have lunch at the park lately so I have not seen again. Out here in southern New Mexico I saw another heeler lol ;-)

Only once have I seen another guy in heels out and about. Was a few years ago in the French Quarter of New Orleans, the guy had about 4" thick heel boots. He was rather thin and was going for an androgynous look as he worked in a goth type store.. had seen him earlier when looking for stores that sell heels ;-)

(formerly known as "JimC")

JMC:-)

I think that Awareness was questioning Tech's statement that he should post his pics directly to his posts so that all could see them here.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

lol, indeed, we may never know, given such an open ended, generic question.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Yesterday was an unexpected awkward moment: As many of you may know i am a secret heeler and wife doesnt know that, the reasons are plenty but the main reason is that i dont feel she will aprove.... given the later intro, i continue with this experience that happened yesterday, we were walking in downtown looking for an adress and it was noon and many people walking in all directions in the street as usual, then we stop ifront of a building whish was closed, but was having a small entrance we were wondering if we were in the correct pplace we were looking for, then we find out it was not, then at that mometn from that door a heeler came out with a 5 inch great pumps and shiny hose, he (not wearing boobs so is a he in that moment) was wearing no make up at all, but was wearing a dress and a nice purse, his hair was naturally long and done, the moment was ackwrd becasue my wife freakout and felt to unconfortable she said nothing she didnt wanted even to turn her head to see the heeler, she was only freezed, I felt i wanted to see where he was going so maybe i will know a route to heel, but my wife left quick, she said nothing and we didnt comment at all, i made my self like if I didnt notice and kept looking for that adress. Giving the recent experience i feel there is a long long long way to go with this "telling her" prosess. In general the guy was not offensive or indescently dressed, it was just a dude in a dress and heels, with nice nails and hairdo. I wanted also to see the reacitons of the other people but i had to move with her quick. I believe that is very fragile to manage this moments because we can make the person feel bad and it could be one of us, or we can send the wrong message to our wife that can be difficult to repair.

V. Morpho

Last Friday, I had my semi-annual visit the the VA Hospital. While in the waiting room; I saw this man in a black boot, pointed toe and at least 3.5 inch stilleto. He was a male nurse or something like that and he was with a patient. I wish he would have been alone, because I wanted to talk to him. He was well dressed and well coordinated. He walked like it was normal and I did not hear one negative comment for anyone in the waiting room. I saw a few glances but that was it. A dude in stilletos and he was good with it. Good for him. Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Yesterday was an unexpected awkward moment:

That is a difficult reaction to manage. I've had a similar experience in the past (different subject not related to heels). In my case it gave me an indication of the "true feelings" and gave me some pointers on how to handle these situations.

Henri, Was this an employee of the VA Hospital?? If so I would LOVE to know which one!! I, too, visit the VA somewhat regularly and have yet to eet a male heeler there.

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Yes, he was an employee or at least worked at the hospital. It was the VA Medical Center in Manchester NH. I saw him at patient registration when he came in to get a patient. Too bad it wasn't me. I would have liked to talk to him. Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Morpho, I think i can quite understand your wife's reaction. She was faced with an obvious male dressed in female attire and basically not trying to hide the fact. Why not, it is NY after all ;-) but it is a sight many will not be used too and anything that one sees that you are not used too will initially cause a similar reaction until the information is processed by the person and they recover and are able to decide how to proceed. If this is how you wish to present to your wife, then this is certainly the reaction you will get. But what if it were kneehighs who had just walked out of the door instead? Still in 4" stilettos, but clearly dressed as a man expressing fashion freedom. I guess we will never know the answer to that. How do you want to present to the world? Personally, whilst I am totally against all this gender specific stuff and I am totally for whomever wearing whatever they choose, it doesn't mean I have to like what I see. Personally I think there are precious few guys that can wear a dress well (or walk in high heels come to that even though they kid themselves they can), precious few can cross the line into female clothing and really look good as an obvious male, but there are certain styles that do lend themselves to being worn by either gender and business suits are one of those. A good example of this is the pictures by Heel-Lover from NZ. Maybe his choice of skirt length is a little to short for my taste, I am a little conservative in this as I prefer knee or longer lengths, but this aside, the look is not as outrageous. Rather a nice juxtaposition of the male and female clothing styles. Another style would be skinny pants with knee boots over as long as the guy has the right figure. I do not really think you can count the gentleman you and you wife saw as a "heeler" as he was far more than that, and a brave soul too boot. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?