Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

Firstly dr1819,I must make a comment on your avatar…..I love it ! The cut and drape of the models denim skirt is wonderful and feel her boots work the look to perfection. :wink:

Thanks!

Thanks for posting your account with these women, I found the interaction you had with them a pleasure to read. I firmly believe that if we dress well, even if our style is somewhat different to the norm, but we're confident with- in our selves, interesting people and pleasant encounters often follow.

Absolutely.

As I walked across a paved area to the Atrium on Elliot I couldn’t help but hear a woman say…

“ GAWD ! LOOK AT HIMMM..!” :lol:

There's a reason I tend to stay away from certain types of people who're invariably more close-minded than the rest of us.

While returning it I couldn't help but smile,especially after seeing a cell number and 2 other words written above her name..

“ call me !”

Way to go, Jim! She was invaribly attracted to who you are, not just to your sense of fashion.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dawn.. Altho working most of the time, I had a real ball while I was away and that little encounter just made it all the better. :wink::lol: As far as shopping in that store is concerned...well lets just say I have moved it to the very top of my "favorite places to shop" list. With spring just around the corner, most every store is in sale mode but I was lucky to get these classic boots for the price I did, especially as they were the very last pair in my size. :oops: Usually I take a US9.5-10 but needed one size up because of the point. I have to add that these are THE most comfortable high heeled boots I have ever owned..bar none. I will definitely give the gal concerned a call and see if a Turkish coffee & a little shoe talk is on the cards for my next trip. I will get the camera out when I have a spare moment and take a pic or two for you Dawn. If I am wearing them and Carrie (my shutter-bug friend) is with me, there will undoubtedly be a few good ones for you to see. jim

Jim: That was a most entertaining anecdote you related. Just as there are close-minded people out there that can never be reached, there are also more open minded folks who appreciate good fashion, regardless of who happens to be wearing it. More power to you, my friend! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jim, What a great experience you had in Auckland. Sounds to me like you found somebody more than accepting of a guy in heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jim:-) After paying a higher sum than you usually pay for that pair of boots, It is only natural that you would expect the best fit and feeling in wearing them. I'm happy for you that they proved out to be the most comfortable pair of high heeled boots you have ever had. I'm sure that they will get a lot of use and serve you faithfully for years to come. You seem completely satisfied with your purchase as it should be. I patiently await you having the time to take some pics of yourself in them for the rest of us to enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Back to dr1819's message on the conversation with the woman, posted on Aug. 17th, would this woman call the Pope a transvestite? That's quite a white dress he is wearing in the current news pictures. And the cardinals are in robes, too.

This one isn't really a good response, but a neutral response in a setting where I expected a bad one, so I guess it counts as good: I was at a Payless on Friday, wearing my wedge sandals, just browsing around for new styles since I saw that the advertising circulars had been changed. I was trying on some mules when this kid, maybe 4-5 years old, darted around the corner and grabbed my leg and hid behind me! I had knee high stockings on, so here I am, one wedge sandal on, one off; a mule obviously and recently kicked off of my other foot. In just seconds, the mother of the child, an African-American lady (just for the record, I am African-American also), came and got her son, and she bent over all the way down to pick him up instead of just goading him to hold her hand. She got a real good look of my shoes - I saw and confirmed this - and rather than saying any number of negative things she could've possibly said at that point, she simply smiled at me and said of my wedges, "Those are nice." I ended up not buying anything, but almost did just off of principle.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Jim What an amazing story! I think this manager is past the biologically imperative stage of life too--meaning that she is past the age where she feels she needs a protector, a traditional figure of manhood to compliment her reproductive role in life. I privately hold that older women are generally more accepting of a man in heels, and even being seen with a man in heels than younger women. IMHO.

Needless to say, your story was still amazing and I'm glad you had a wonderful experience shoe shopping and hope to hear more good stories as they evolve.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Danielle:-) A little egg on your face would have been quite acceptable in that case of you standing there out in the open with this strange kid wrapped around your leg while trying on ladies shoes. Not much that you could do or say under the circumstances. Alls well that ends well and I would count that as a positive response. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Danielle, Kids provide us with great opportunities for comments in their unabashed innocence. For those of us wanting more comments, kids have a way of ripening the environment for comments.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Back to dr1819's message on the conversation with the woman, posted on Aug. 17th, would this woman call the Pope a transvestite? That's quite a white dress he is wearing in the current news pictures. And the cardinals are in robes, too.

:wink:

For a real eye-opener, see Kiltmen's MUGs Around the World.

It's amazing how narrow-minded most Westerners are with respect to styles of clothing worn by men around the world. I once wore a long, dark skirt to a nightclub, and received a few furtive glances, nothing more. But when I wore it to the mall, there were quite a few whispers, people trying to hide their pointing, etc. Heels actually attract less attention, provided they're subdued, such as my black wingtip granny boots with tapered heels under long black pants.

• 3 weeks later...

With a full tank of gas and not much to do on Monday, I rode all around Metro Atlanta, going to various Payless stores in the area. I only had $25 cash and I froze my bank account for the time being, so I was limited as to what I could buy.

Most stores only had boots in my size (in this case, 13W). I saw these shoes in a 12, and figured to myself, "Hey it's worth a shot to try them on."

Posted Image

Decent fit, very comfortable wedge heel, and selling for $13.99, but not the most style-conscious shoe in the world, so I passed. I tried on a pair of boots at the same store; the sales lady suggested that they might not be wide enough, but told me where I could go and likely find my size. She did point out that they looked decent on me, though.

Since it was late, and I had things to do the next day, I waited until yesterday to go and do some more shopping. Again, I was shopping mainly for boots, but I would take whatever I could get at this point. I went to the store suggested by the sales lady from Monday, but they only had up to a 12W. I asked her where I could find more boots (she thought I meant men's), so she directed me to a store a little distance away.

I went to said store, and found these ankle-strap heels in a 13W.

Posted Image

I overheard a conversation between a lady shopping for size 11 and 12 shoes and the store manager (talking about the scarcity of good shoes in those sizes), so I put both shoes on and walked around to the next aisle during a quiet moment and asked what they thought.

The store manager asked what I'd wear them with, and I responded with clothing in earthly tones (making sure to imply that I wasn't interested in cross-dressing).

The lady shopping said, "Those are women's shoes."

I said, "Yeah, but they actually fit me better than the men's shoes do." (which is true)

She was like, "I've never seen a guy wear women's heels before."

I replied, "Oh, it's easy, I've been doing it for awhile now."

She didn't say anything back, but watched as I walked back around the corner in them, and I -think- I heard her say, "He wears them well." Maybe it was the manager but I'm unsure.

So I made the purchase, and went back to the second store I've mentioned here while wearing the heels. I thanked the sales lady there for directing me to said store. She gave me a hug because she felt that what I did was a nice gesture, when it was actually the other way around. They were almost closed and no other customers were there, so we started talking about me being an evacuee and all. Neither sales girl noticed my shoes after about 10 minutes, then I walked outside to roll my window up some more before returning.

Both girls heard the heels click on the ground.

"So you decided on heels, huh?" said the girl who'd helped me earlier.

"I didn't even realize that, and they're our product!" said the other girl.

"Turn around, let me see from the back... *I turn* ...you can't even see the heel from the back," said the first girl.

"How do you walk on them so well?" said the other girl.

I pointed out that the style caught my eye, and when the ankle strap fit, I decided I had to have them. I also said that heels aren't as hard as women make them out to be, and that these were very easy for me to handle. I did admit that I didn't have much to wear them with, but one girl cut the other off in saying, "Well, you'd sure make them look good, they go good with the jeans you have on now, so that's a start."

Today I have those same jeans on, and a shirt that wears well with the shoes - I'm going to go apply for work at a Payless today, we'll see how that goes :wink:

Danielle, that would be great if you could obtain employment at Payless, wearing heels, none-the-less! I've but one story of a guy who was employed by a modern shoe manufacturer who actually wore heels on the job. As it turns out, he was slight of build and the women in the store were more apt to trust his recommendations than the other salesmen. Good luck!

Great positive heel wearing story Danielle. Good luck on the Payless job prospect as well.

An excellent story, Danielle. I must say you certainly presented a positive image and did quite well during your littel expedition. I also hope you land that job at Payless! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

After getting my application on Wednesday afternoon, I went back to the store I went to last night, wearing my new shoes again. The same two sales girls were there again, so I figured I'd stay in and hang out for awhile. There were several customers there, including the first two women I've ever seen shop for size 13 shoes, so at first I just hung around the register until the store cleared. Once it was clear, they started asking me all kinds of questions - did I wear the shoes to get the application (no), did I wear them the rest of the day (yes), how did I like the fit (fit well, thanks), etc. Then one of them asked if my feet or legs were hurting, and I replied that I felt no pain whatsoever. They were both shocked, responding, "Well, I'm in pain for you!" I told them they didn't have to be, and they pulled up the little bench things offering me a seat anyway. They were still slow, so I went to check out their selection in my size, and one of the girls followed me over. From there, she was giving me shoes left and right (boots mainly), saying "Try this on... let me see, turn around... now this one... eh, too narrow..." for several pairs of shoes. When I first took off my heels, she was like, "You have nice feet for a guy... or for anyone." I told her that all it takes is washing my feet every day... surprising how many folks don't do that So anyway, I'm trying on all these shoes... all in all it was two pairs of sandals (she wanted to see how my "cute feet" looked in them), three pairs of boots, 2 or 3 pumps, and a pair of slings. The common question was "Would you continue to wear those?" referring to my brown heels, or "What would you wear with these?" referring to anything I tried on. I had to remind them that they were the style associates... lol... but I did mention that I honestly couldn't say I'd stop wearing the shoes I'd bought. That sales girl went ahead and put on a similar pair of the shoes I had on! At first I couldn't see what she had done, but I couldn't help but to laugh when I noticed. We tried to chide the other girl into trying a pair, but she didn't do it. Figuring that we'd get her back, we both put on similar styles of flats that she had on. Sheer hilarity ensued, and the girl we were making fun of said I looked good in the shoes I had on (too bad they were flats, and kinda small for me). At this point it was close to closing time, so I put my heels back on and went home... but that was a very fun experience. I'll have to wait until I know they'll be there together (not until at least Monday, hearing them discuss their schedules) before I go back... but still, I had a blast.

Danielle:-) I'm glad that you weathered the storm as a vaccuee and I hope that everything is going right for you as you seem to be back at buying shoes again. We were all worried that you might not make it through the storm, but apparently you did. I like that pair of ankle strap pumps and I'm sure that they look wonderful on you. How high is the heel? They look like they would be quite comfortable for you in a 13W for daily use. Here's hoping that you get the job at payless. JohnCinheels:-) Congrats on you for finding a girl that approves of you wearing heels in public. Let us all know as your life together progresses. Inquiring readers and all that, you know. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn! Glad to see that you're back with us. I was worried about you when I heard news that you had a stroke. I'm happy to get to read your posts again. As far as the heels, they're only like 2 1/2 inches high, but that works for all-day wear for me. They're a simple, unadorned shoe, which makes it that much easier. I should know something about the job in the coming days.

I do hope you get that job, Danielle. Even if it doesn't pay alot, your prospective coworkers and you will have a great time I'm sure.

Danielle:-) Just think...if you do get that job at Payless, you will have first access to all the new heels coming in in your size and at a discount. That would be a great job for a heel wearing guy like yourself. Not only that, you would have a couple of co-workers that you could try shoes and boots on with and have a little fun with. Not that the job would be all play, but there would be possibilities there. Many years ago, I thought about getting a job in a shoe store, but it never turned out for me. It just wasn't in the cards. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Your right, Bubba, Emory DID work in a shoe store. I wonder what ever happened to him. I miss his posts.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Perhaps Emery is designing shoes for Anne Klein? (kidding)

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7596665/c/60/g/women/s/15.html

The Customer Rating/Review even states, "My husband even had them on for about an hour or so before taking them off."

Glad to have you back Dawn...wishing you the best in a continued speedy recovery and renewed strength.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.