Jump to content

chesterx

My outings...

Recommended Posts

While I have seen women with heels and shorts, the heels will always be wedges.  However, that is a rare sight these days as flats and sneakers have taken over the women's world (much to my chagrin, I might add...lol).  These days it's rare to see heels period, regardless of clothing, unless it is a formal affair such as a wedding.  I guess if I was young and still frequenting the night club scene they might be more common.  But not for business attire it seems, and not for church either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chesterx if you really want to go BOLD and I mean really BOLD try shorts with knee high stilettos boots. Look through Cali World and you will see that I have tons of pictures with shorts and different type of shoes.

I go to work in shorts most summers (except this one) and I always wear heels.  Wedges are always good with heels, but a nice block heel also go well. See picture below, Steve Madden Manners.  Be careful not to burn your legs, especially the inner thighs; those haven't seen the sun for years. And I hope they used serum on your legs after the waxing. And you may even want to try the bronzer next time.  

ruthh.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chesterx said:

Tried something different for me when I went out to lunch today. Now that the redness from the waxing has subsided I decided to test the waters by wearing shorts & exposing my legs to daylight for the 1st time in years. Was a quick one as I got it to go. There were two young ladies waiting for their order as well, & one complimented my sandals & the other my nails. Had a nice chat until our orders arrived. I'm calling it a success. I wore a top from Long Tall Sally, shorts from Aeropostal, & mauve sandals from Universal Thread. I just wasn't sure how I looked with heels, so I played it safe with sandals. I was thinking of wearing my mid height heels with this outfit as a compromise. Heels are rare enough in my area as it is, but I can say I have never seen a woman wearing heels with shorts, so I was hesitant to do it. I know some of you guys are practitioners of heels & shorts, any thoughts on the matter?

Yeah, ah, basically wearing shorts with heels takes it to another level. I think it's because it would be a noticeable outfit even if a woman was wearing it, even without a midriff-baring tank top or whatever. I do occasionally see a woman in high heels and shorts, but like RonC says, it's usually wedges, and I think in general, it's a waning trend. It seems like I saw it a lot more just a few years ago. It may be that if you went to bars and clubs, you'd see it frequently. I wouldn't know. I personally love the combination, and have ever since Catherine Bach of "The Dukes of Hazzard" made it her signature look. It really took about 30 years for this look to become generally accepted, however. I do this pretty much every day in the summer, and I still sometimes get negative reactions. I also get positive ones, too. I think you've gotten it pretty much right. If you want to add heels, be prepared to get significantly more attention that you would with either shorts and flats, or long pants and heels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chesterx, that's a fine look. I often wear shorts with heels, especially this summer as it's been record heat here in July. I always wear women's shorts as the fit and look are so much better than men's shorts. They usually run shorter, so more of my legs are showing. Mostly I'm wearing some type of heeled sandals, but I have gone out with pumps on occasion  and maybe a time or two in flats.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 8:50 PM, chesterx said:

Tried something different for me when I went out to lunch today. Now that the redness from the waxing has subsided I decided to test the waters by wearing shorts & exposing my legs to daylight for the 1st time in years. Was a quick one as I got it to go. There were two young ladies waiting for their order as well, & one complimented my sandals & the other my nails. Had a nice chat until our orders arrived. I'm calling it a success. I wore a top from Long Tall Sally, shorts from Aeropostal, & mauve sandals from Universal Thread. I just wasn't sure how I looked with heels, so I played it safe with sandals. I was thinking of wearing my mid height heels with this outfit as a compromise. Heels are rare enough in my area as it is, but I can say I have never seen a woman wearing heels with shorts, so I was hesitant to do it. I know some of you guys are practitioners of heels & shorts, any thoughts on the matter?

P1010338.JPG

I think you made a good call with the flats. Looks very natural. Well done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 1st for me today. Went to pick up my lunch from a cafe I frequent that makes a particularly nice eggplant burger.  Outfit similar to my last one with flats as I was just going there and back, no side stops. Cashier actually said she was disappointed that I wasn't wearing heels!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chesterx said:

A 1st for me today. Went to pick up my lunch from a cafe I frequent that makes a particularly nice eggplant burger.  Outfit similar to my last one with flats as I was just going there and back, no side stops. Cashier actually said she was disappointed that I wasn't wearing heels!

It's a common theme with me.  Get use to it. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cali said:

It's a common theme with me.  Get use to it. :) 

I knew you would chime in on this  Cali ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chesterx said:

A 1st for me today. Went to pick up my lunch from a cafe I frequent that makes a particularly nice eggplant burger.  Outfit similar to my last one with flats as I was just going there and back, no side stops. Cashier actually said she was disappointed that I wasn't wearing heels!

 

2 hours ago, Cali said:

It's a common theme with me.  Get use to it. :) 

Yup, I've had the same comment before, as well. I cannot imagine the uproar it would cause at my dentist's office if I ever showed up in flats.

Edited by mlroseplant
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.