For The Yanks..

I dont know if our Euro Brethren will understand this but... Very simple question folks : Hellmans or MiricleWhip? I just went round and round with the wife on this one..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I dont know if our Euro Brethren will understand this but...

Very simple question folks :

Hellmans or MiricleWhip?

I just went round and round with the wife on this one..

We have to have both a mayo and a salad dressing style. Since nobody here is 'name brand picky', it's whatever the jar is at Aldi's, but we get both.

MiracleWhip. Sounds like a S&M item? should we be discussing this? Helmans. No don't like Mayo! Angel Delight Butterscotch. Yummie more please. Al

What happened was the bi-weekly grocery shopping. I love my cholesterol! Im trying to gain weight so I put Mayo on a lot of things. I figure clogging the veins and arteries will go a long way to packing on pounds and bursting organs. ;) SHE bought Miracle whip! The truculence in her to defy the gods and buy such retched garbage and then expect me to past this on my sandwich? No way! Gotta have the Helmans! :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Oh dear, I know we all have things that bring us comforting memories (I'm sure even Amanda has memories of Butterscotch Angel Delight), but are we really comfortable with anything called MiracleWhip?

"like"

I've never had a miracle whip but very much like hellmans...

I'm a Hellman's Light kind of guy these days. It's an amazingly close substitute for the real thing. I realize, ILK, that you're going for greater number of calories rather than fewer, but I'm throwing that out there for others. Miracle Whip is just simply not mayonnaise in any meaningful sense of the word. I don't like the taste or consistency on its own merit, or lack thereof.

Hellmans is mayonaise, Miracle Whip is salad dressing. Says so right on the containers. I like both, but for different things.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh dear, I know we all have things that bring us comforting memories (I'm sure even Amanda has memories of Butterscotch Angel Delight), but are we really comfortable with anything called MiracleWhip?

I do remember Angel delight. Angel delight could also be used to sum up my frame of mind while I'm using my miracle whip.

Seems like I don't have a clue what you're talking about Amanda.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

MiracleWhip. Sounds like a S&M item? should we be discussing this?

Helmans. No don't like Mayo!

Angel Delight Butterscotch. Yummie more please.

Al

Ha! I have never thought of that and my humor can typically be found in the gutter.

The next time that I am asked if I want Miricle Whip I am going to say, "No thank you. I am not into S & M."

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

SHafted is right on this one. They look the same but Hellmans is true mayonnaise whereas Miracle WHip is salad dressing base from which to make other salad dressings. Since I live in Wisconsin I think this is akin to the difference between margarine and butter. They look alike but are used a little differently. BTW, we'd never put margarine on our toast, rolls, or potatoes.....only real BUTTER! HappyinHeels