Forgive Me... But Why Are Men Wearing High Heels?

kadztheman

I am new here but i am very much into men and womens fashion.

Can i ask.

Why would men wear high heels?

I can imagine they can't be too practical or comfortable.

I am interested to know why men wear them. Nothing against it at all it is just the first i've heard of it.

Share your reason :D

Why would men wear high heels?

I can imagine they can't be too practical or comfortable.

Because we can. After all they were originally invented by a man for a man.

What's practical is purely objective. It's different for everyone. If I dug ditches for a living then they probably wouldn't be practical.

A good quality well made high heel can be quite comfortable even with extended wear.

Rather than elaborate any further may I recommend reading around the forum. You'll find the answers to all your questions.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm not a man but I find heels more comfortable than flats. Shafted is half right. The first heels recorded were worn by a woman, Princess Lorainne DeMedici to her wedding in the 15th century. Heels were not adopted by by [male] riders until the introduction of the iron stirrup nearly 200 years later.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm not a man but I find heels more comfortable than flats.

Shafted is half right. The first heels recorded were worn by a woman, Princess Lorainne DeMedici to her wedding in the 15th century. Heels were not adopted by by [male] riders until the introduction of the iron stirrup nearly 200 years later.

Your the first women that i have ever heard say high heels are comfortable most of them just moan about how their feet hurts when wearing them.

I don;t know about high heels being worn by men first :S

But i know men do wear some sort of heeled shoe rather than a high heel

Shafted is half right. The first heels recorded were worn by a woman, Princess Lorainne DeMedici to her wedding in the 15th century. Heels were not adopted by by [male] riders until the introduction of the iron stirrup nearly 200 years later.

Wow that even predates Louis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIV_of_France

Your the first women that i have ever heard say high heels are comfortable most of them just moan about how their feet hurts when wearing them.

Again cheap shoes or shoes that simply don't fit. Also most women nowadays simply don't wear them enough to become comfortable with them. The women here I would call the exception. They are dedicated heel wearers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm not a man but I find heels more comfortable than flats.

Well, I have to correct you here.

I read in a biography of Alexander the Great (more than 300 BC) that the Medes were known for their high heels.

Maybe the fashion got lost for 2000 years....

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I enjoy the feeling of wearing heels. Many here really enjoy pushing the fashion envelope, but I tend to see what I can wear that I find fun but does not cause excess attention.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Outside tennis most men shoes are kinda boring looking for starts. I like the way they make my legs look. As for comfort they aren't nearly as bad as people claim. And there are male clothes that I find a lot less comfortably then heels like a tie. I would easily rather spend 8 hours in heels then a tie.

I have some heels that are actually more comfortable than my traditional men's shoes. Yes, a lot of people out there would say rubbish to that, but you can't knock what you don't know about, and so many people either don't know or don't try hard enough to find heels that really are comfortable. Anyway, I think men's shoes are bulky, oversized, usually have poor arch support, they are plain ugly and utilitarian. I really like shoe designs, and I want so much more from my shoes that what is available from the men's side of the store.

High heels help to create a more pleasing appearance through the styling enhancements and profile lines on an individual. They lengthen the lower area of one's body mass, which for those who have a longer torso region than leg length means they can be more proportionate by wearing high heels. It comforting to know you have the power to adorn yourself with the items that you desire when those that do not know you seem to have the power to say what you can wear.

As for comfort they aren't nearly as bad as people claim. And there are male clothes that I find a lot less comfortably then heels like a tie. I would easily rather spend 8 hours in heels then a tie.

I will second that!

High heels are beautiful, mens shoes are boring and ugly! Don't worry what everybody else thinks, you should be able to wear what you like. Women do it and no one will bat an eye. I look great in hh's and know it!

So do you go out in them?

I have never seen a man go out in them.

I have size 11 feet do you think its possible to get high heels in that size!

Posted Image

I googled "high heels for men"

Seems there are indeed a lot of men wearing high heels or heeled shoes.

Although google did say.... "did you mean high heel shoes" LOL

Why would I wear heels. VERY odd question for myself, but my reply would be ' why not ? '.

Do you wear jeans? How about T-Shirts? Socks? Collared shirts/polo shirts? Both items cross supposed ' gender ' lines, whats wrong with shoes?

I have small feet. They are narrow. Mens shoes just dont fit right. I will go as far as to say Mens pants dont fit me right either. Im no ' drag queen ' in fact, I dont go out in dresses, never wear make-up, dont have nails, dont wear any jewelry.. So I wear a pair of shoes. I really dont see any problems. Most people dont.

So my reply is ' Why not ' based on my observations ;)

All the time. Shopping, Doctors offices, over to friends, families, movies.. Its really no big deal.

Theres a first time for everything ;)

If your in the states, a womans size 12 oe 13 would work. If your in the UK, those are some boat anchors and I dunno what size it would equate to. Probably like a size 43 or 44?

I googled "high heels for men"

Seems there are indeed a lot of men wearing high heels or heeled shoes.

Not a ' lot ' as in quantity, but a ' lot ' as in ' group ' ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

kadztheman, Have you ever heard the reason why people climb mountains, "because it's there." is the typical justification. So too would be my reply to you as to why a man wears high heels. I am a creative person who loves color and variety and high heels allow me to express this side of my personality. Some mistakenly equate men wearing heels with being gay which is inane. do the same folks assume a woman is a lesbian of she wears tennis shoes or men's jeans? Woman's shoes are so much more interesting and I think most men are just looking for something to add falir to their failry utilitarian lives and wardrobe. And yes, you can find shoes in size 11 but you'll have to do some homework first. I am a firm believer in buying in-person and trying out my heels in the store rather than buying online. Fit varies by manufacturer and even by color as darker dyes take up more material and shoes will be a little more tight. I shop places like Bakers, DSW, Nordstrom Rack, and Macys in the United States and I'm sure other members here can give ideas of retailers in the UK to try out. We love our heels and talking about all the places we wear them. HappyinHeels

Just go out and strut your stuff. If you are not too shy, you might crave the attention. If you've never worn them before, start with low heels, like 2 - 3" before you try 4-5" stilletos. They are hard on your lower back and bottom of your knees if you are not used to it. Don't buy cheaply made shoes, they will hurt your feet. Buy leather shoes because they stretch. Boots will give you more ankle support. Your probably interested in heels, after all, you signed up for this website. Everybody are here to help you with all your concerns. Clarissa

Stiletto pumps and boots are my primary everyday footwear. You never know where I'll turn up in heels.

Most guys here haven't seen another guy in heels outside of the forum membership. It takes a bit more brass than the average guy has, to wear them in public.

Not often but I have.

I have seen one guy who works in them. And one guy who was trying them in the store trying to do it when no one was looking.

If that is your dress shoe size then it would be tricky most likely 12 or 13. They are harder to find but possible. If it is your tennis shoe size then it might actually be an 11 which isn't too hard to find. If you are curious were a dress sock to a place that has foot measurers out in the open and use one of them. They list both male and female on it so no one will know you are measuring for a female size.

I am a UK Size 11 and have over 70 Pairs. I wear them out as much as possible, in fact I only tend to wear flats for work. Why??? Well because I enjoy them, why should girls have all the fun? They also helped when I had back pain. Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

For me my reason is I just like them, however I don't jsut wear high heels I als o prefer to wear women's clothing as well but for the same reason, that being I like them, I like the styles they have to choose from and they are comfortable. I have brought some heels that can be uncomfortable but on the whole most of them aren't. As a guy, I just don't like the choices we have. Go out any where and women go out in many styles of clothing and shoes where's guys have a very limited choice. Most guys are ok with that, and there is nothing wrong with that. But I don't like it and I want to wear what I feel comfortable in. Until a few years ago I was too afraid to go anywhere in public but due to my job I have been able to give myself confidence and it has opened my eyes to what is really important to me, so now I where heels and the clothes I want most of the time.

From a fashion aspect, high heels have more carater than "flats", and they are also fun to wear.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

High heels are beautiful, mens shoes are boring and ugly!

Outside tennis most men shoes are kinda boring looking for starts.

I find that women shoes have much more colors, shapes, matters, heel types, etc. But I also find fine men's shoes are also great looking and can be found in a variety of styles. yet the differences are way more subtle : no boots, no heels, no colors outside black or brown, no open shoes, almost no sandals. Only the quality of the leather and the level of details differenciate the shoes. (I am not speaking about trainers). So why not enlarge our choices as men.

Well, I have to correct you here.

I read in a biography of Alexander the Great (more than 300 BC) that the Medes were known for their high heels.

Maybe the fashion got lost for 2000 years....

Y.

Actually, IIRC, they wore pattens which are a kind of platform shoe similar to the Japanese Geta, Egyptian butchers wore similar too. However, I'm sure there was someone somewhere who wore heels as we know them at some in antiquity.

BTW, a UK11 is EU45...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I see. Your all pretty much riding the same wave on this forum. I doubt it's for me though ;)

I prefer mens trainers :D

Hope i haven't offended anybody btw

I truly doubt you offended anybody here. Those of us that wear them in public have pretty thick skin.

We are realist here. Not every guy is going to want to wear them.

They are fun to wear. They are pretty shoes. I love coordinating my men's clothing with my feminine high heels. They are especially fun to wear in public. It is always great to see everyone's reactions to seeing me in public wearing high heels. Some people even make comments to me about the high heels I am wearing or ask me questions about the high heels I am wearing. They make me feel pretty, sexy, and happy!