Need some tips

BeachHeeler

Ok so im an 18 year old american teenager and I still live at home with my parents and im desperate for some advice. I bought my first 2 pairs of heels not too long ago. One pair is an ankle boot, 4 1/2 in stilehtto with a round toe, the other pair is a pair of booties 4 in cone heel and almond toe. Im not going to be leaving the house for at least another 2 years, because Im attending a local community collage first but yet I still desperatly want to start wearing my heels in public. I simply dont care about what people say about me anymore and I hope that theyll look at me wearing heels and maybe itll get people to think and open their minds a little. But at any rate the only thing stopping me from doing this is the two parental figures that I have to get past to the front door. So my question to you guys is how do I break it to them that I want to wear high heels in public. LOL nontheless wear high heels. They dont even know I have these 2 pairs of high heels. Now ive already successfully told my girlfreind but my girlfreind loves me and didnt critisize me or make fun of me. My parents on the other hand probably will. Just so were clear on who were dealing with my dad is a retired US Marine 27 years and has a huge man ego. My mom is a bit sweeter but is full blooded Italian, loves to cook and sticks by tradition. In other words men not wearing high heels. So how do I tell them? How do I get the courage to finally walk downstairs in my heels and show them? It would be such an awkward moment and they would make such a big deal out of it. So please any advise is appreciated.

I would advise you to start with lower heeled boots with a non-stiletto heel - stacked, block, cuban - something a lot less "femme" in appearance, and wear them casually. Let your parents get used to the idea in stages ("baby steps") rather than scare them with something too wild. Don't hide the fact that the boots are women's but don't make a big deal of it either. Push the envelope slowly to give them a chance to adjust. Every generation does things to establish fashion differences from earlier generations; I'm sure your parents wore things that their parents disapproved of, too. But your parents love you and don't want to see you making what they consider bad choices in your life, so respect that, communicate with them, be totally honest, and be VERY patient. And if you want to get through college, I'd advise a spel-chekkor, too.

Are you looking to go heeling in public or in your house? Get a back-pack and put your footwear in there and go to a park or something. You dont HAVE to leave the house with heels on your feet. :smile:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I would get my mother's reaction first . She is a much better person to help you tell your father. Remember she knows him a lot better than you. Being retired USMC, I would say he has seen about everything. My father was retired USAF, he just wanted all his children happy and healthy. I would be willing to bet your father is the same. Besides do you want some family friend who saw you in heels to tell them for you. It will happen sooner or later. It's always best for them to hear it from you. Give them a chance they may just fool ya. I wish you the best of luck .

Seriously though, tell them you're going out to a club and heels are all the rage!

:smile:

Have some more suitable fashion pictures of men in heels to hand in case, there are several links that have been posted in the last couple of months to help assist that awkward discussion time that may or may not crop up one day.

Al

:smile:

Have some more suitable fashion pictures of men in heels to hand in case, there are several links that have been posted in the last couple of months to help assist that awkward discussion time that may or may not crop up one day.

Al

This very site has many good examples of men's high heel fashion. The galleries have some excellent examples.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I had a therapist once tell me that I was far too type A personality and that I worked to hard to figure out what things would look like and how they would turn out before doing it. You can spin your wheels for years trying to figure out just how to do it. She pointed out that if being who I am and doing what I want is important enough that I would need to just do it. The flip side of it is to be prepared to move in whatever direction things take at that point. Good luck - I wish you well with this. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

AZShoeNut, Not everything can be analyzed and dissected to try and determine an anticipated (or desired) outcome. Hell, look at marriage and what a crap shoot that is. I rolled the dice in 1985 and we're still going! Deep down YOU know what you want to do but are looking for another set of eyes and ears. Save your dollars and ditch the psychobabble and let us, here at hhplace be those eyes and ears...free of charge. We are here to help, encourage, and lift up wherever that may be. Step out my friend and feel free to be yourself! HappyinHeels

Are you looking to go heeling in public or in your house? Get a back-pack and put your footwear in there and go to a park or something. You dont HAVE to leave the house with heels on your feet. :wave:

Ilikekicks,

That would be cheating ! :smile:

Go down the stairs with your heels on and your girlfriend on your side. Then walk past your parents, and behave like the other days.

Being a Marine I get his mentality. The best way in my opinion would be to just wear what you want. And IF ASKED, be brutal, honest, confident, and direct in your answer. No dad, I am not gay, I like these and I am going to wear them. And if the heat gets to be too much, turn the table. "Heh, funny that you could imply that I am gay when you're the one criticizing my fashion choice."

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

Being a Marine I get his mentality. The best way in my opinion would be to just wear what you want. And IF ASKED, be brutal, honest, confident, and direct in your answer.

No dad, I am not gay, I like these and I am going to wear them. And if the heat gets to be too much, turn the table. "Heh, funny that you could imply that I am gay when you're the one criticizing my fashion choice."

Ouch!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Being a Marine I get his mentality. The best way in my opinion would be to just wear what you want. And IF ASKED, be brutal, honest, confident, and direct in your answer.

No dad, I am not gay, I like these and I am going to wear them. And if the heat gets to be too much, turn the table. "Heh, funny that you could imply that I am gay when you're the one criticizing my fashion choice."

The sad part about that is his dad might apply that first ' General order '. To take charge of the house and everything in view :wave:

THAT could be t3h sux0rz! :smile:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Whatever you decide to be be honest but use good discretion. My dad was also a retired Marine and he never accepted me wearing any type of high heeled footwear. I made the decision one day to just be myself and explain to my parents (mom didn't accept my heel wearing either) that I've earned my education, job, and place of my own to live successfully, and I will go about my business and interests as I see fit. i told them I love them both and thank them for their guidance and support, but I'm now an adult and the decisions I make are mine and mine to accept any consequences. Good luck to you.

Roniheels, haven't you heard that "once you're a pareant, you'll always be a parent? " As a father of two daughters and a son, even though they are all married and have famlies, while not being so apparent, we still have the same level of concern about their well being today as we had when they were children. It's just human nature.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have a question. You live in your parents house, and I assume, plan to continue living there. If showing them your heels causes them to throw you out, what will you do? You may want to have an answer to that question before showing them your heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks for all the posts and helpfull comments. No I don't think showing them my heels will make them throw me out. They arn't that bad and they do know that im extremely smart and that I have an open mind. O well Im not gonna be here forever I do plan on moving to Florida to go to an Aeronautical collage down there. Although it is 2 years away.