Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG: As usual, your exploits make for good reading. You've certainly developed a fine sense of casualness regarding what you wear and where you sport your outfits. However, I find myself mildly surprised at your comment where you said you find wearing a skirt to be "pushing it", that's not the case for me as I'm perfectly comfortable wearing skirts, to me, they're just another article of clothing that I enjoy wearing, and because I think that way, I feel supremely comfortable and at ease with myself whenever in public. And yes, if you're not comfortable in your own skin regarding what you wear, you're doomed to failure.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

THBG, You presented a good look, today. I agree with Shafted, that red leggings would look great or maybe even red boots. I have never worn red leggings, but have worn purple, ones. BTW, I do have red patent knee boots and they do make a statement! Keep on posting, as I look forward to reading your posts and viewing your pics. Happy Heeling, bluejay

JeffB - I believe you have to be comfortable with whatever you’re doing/wearing before you can project confidence. For me boots and heels are something I’m aware I’m wearing but I’m absolutely comfortable presenting them. I’m also comfortable with a skirt but I am more aware of wearing it then of boots or heels. I can still project a confident image. However, there are still fewer places I will go wearing a skirt then there are places I’ll go wearing boots and heels.

Shafted, BlueJay – Red leggings and/or red boots… That will take come consideration. Since I have neither, it may be a while before I could try it. I did pull out a pair of red fishnet hose and they make quite a striking departure from the black I’m used to seeing on my legs. I ventured out wearing them with a pair of black knee high boots and a short skirt but there was no one around. Even at that, it still felt a little too much for me. Red takes a bit of getting used to. I will admit to having considered a pair of red thigh boots with 5” stilettos but lack of funds prohibited the adventure. Anyway, thanks for the comments.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Red leggings or red boots. Don't even consider both. It will make you red from head to toe without the blazer or jacket. Red is an eye catching color. It is easy to overdo it, so keep some black in there with it to break it up. I think you, after all this time can pull it off though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted- "Red leggings or red boots..." I'm having a tough time considering either... but I am considering. Thanks for the advice though.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

THBG, I didn't mean you should wear red legging and red boots. That would be too much red. I would try the red leggings first, as they would not break your budget, as red boots would. Some of the women's catalogs have leggings on sale now for 50% off. They usually offer red as a color. Just offering my $.02. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I took a quick trip the a local grocery. I was wearing a skirt and boots while I was working at home so I grabbed a coat that matched the skirt (but is too bulky) and headed out. I’m not a real fan of wedge heels but these boots are quite comfortable and were the closest thing I had to matching the skirt.

No one at the market even raised an eyebrow.

post-530-0-11888700-1365096882_thumb.jpg

Bluejay - "Red leggings or red boots... " The operative word is “or”.

TBG: Wow! That was a really nice work week sort of outfit, the skirt looked sharp, and the boots were truly cool! Now, I wasn't a fan of wedge heels at first, but they grew on me, rather quickly in fact, now I love them. Well done, my friend!

JeffB, Shafted - thanks for the kind words.

Maybe I should leave well enough alone but I found a pair of red hose in the collection that I had forgotten about. Is this what you guys had in mind for RED? Seems a bit much to my eye. But then I could always say I was a fan of the Cincinati Red Stocking (original name for the Cincinnati Reds). :penitent:

post-530-0-30030100-1365105480_thumb.jpg

TBG

The red top you had in post #2828 is what I had in mind to go with the red leggings. The sheerness of the hose causes the vibrancy of the red to be lost. I was really thinking of getting that same vibrancy on you legs. Black and red are a great color combination. Nature uses that same combination to indicate 'Dangerous'. How cool is that? I have to admit though the red hosiery does work with the combination you selected. Again the hosiery is the one pop of color in your outfit. It's nice though that you broke up he lighter shades with darker ones, so I know you got the general idea of what I was trying to convey.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I took a quick trip the a local grocery. I was wearing a skirt and boots while I was working at home so I grabbed a coat that matched the skirt (but is too bulky) and headed out. I’m not a real fan of wedge heels but these boots are quite comfortable and were the closest thing I had to matching the skirt.

No one at the market even raised an eyebrow.

post-530-0-11888700-1365096882_thumb.jpg

Bluejay - "Red leggings or red boots... " The operative word is “or”.

I like that look, THBG.

You did good!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

JeffB, Shafted - thanks for the kind words.

Maybe I should leave well enough alone but I found a pair of red hose in the collection that I had forgotten about. Is this what you guys had in mind for RED? Seems a bit much to my eye. But then I could always say I was a fan of the Cincinati Red Stocking (original name for the Cincinnati Reds). :penitent:

post-530-0-30030100-1365105480_thumb.jpg

TBG

Shafted is right. The red hose is too sheer for your look.

You really need red leggings.

JMO.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Here is a follow up to my March 16 post. The pictures are of the boots I wore into the store when I returned to buy the skirt, also in the pictures.

Hope you approve.

post-19704-0-72527800-1365181208_thumb.jpost-19704-0-11840900-1365181269_thumb.jpost-19704-0-48826800-1365181380_thumb.j

Slick, my friend! Seriously slick! A really awesome look! Bravo!

I went out in my white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, black leather skirt, off white turtleneck, and white purse. Somewhere in my youth I heard that shoes and purse should match so a little while ago I picked up a small white bag. First stop was Sam’s. I took my time and wandered around. A middle aged white lady commented, “Hon, those boots are awesome! Where did you find them?” I get called Hon a lot. Anyway, I told her they were available on Amazon. A few minutes later one of the food sample folks (young black lady) called out, “I love your boots”. As I was leaving, the exit checker (older white guy) commented, “Those are some snazzy boots you have there.” (First snazzy comment I ever remember getting.) The next stop was the library where I had two librarians trying to find a DVD for me (not Kinky Boots). The last stop was a drug store to pick up a prescription. All three of the places have recently seen me in skirts and knee boots but the thigh boots haven’t been out for a while. I really like the look of the small white bag with the boots. The picture is in Sam’s parking lot. post-530-0-71369800-1365202122_thumb.jpg

Love that combo TBG. Love yours too, Kris. Both very well done from what I can see.

TBG: Wearing white before Memorial Day? Whoa! You certainly are bold! :P

Nice outfit there, my friend! I can see why you got compliments! Bravo!

Let me catch up on things.

Saturday I went over the salon to have my nails filled in (four nails used as built in guitar picks). I wore white cotton short sleeved top, a black leather knee length skirt, black leggings, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels along with a white purse. I was the first one in the shop and they took care of me immediately. I have been there enough times before that they expect me to be wearing boots. I complemented one of the workers on her stiletto heeled sandals and got a nice thanks. While I was there three or four other clients came in. No one seemed concerned about a guy in a skirt and boots getting his nails done. The white top, purse, and boots worked well togeather.

On the way home I stopped at a St. Vincent De Paul (thrift store). I had to park about a block away and cross a rather busy street (while wearing white thigh boots). Previously doing that almost cause a couple of wrecks, but today it was uneventful. There was a sale on ladies long sleeved tops and I picked out a plain blue cotton blouse, and three red tops (two turtlenecks and a satin blouse). The lady running the store was great (called me Hon) and said the tops would look nice especially the red satin one. I walked back to the car and headed home.

Sunday night I took advantage on an open microphone at Queen City Balladeers and performed a couple of guitar/vocal pieces. Queen City refers to Cincinnati Ohio with no other connotations. I wore jeans, the red satin top, a denim vest and black leather knee high pull on boots with a flat heel. These boots have a cuff that will unfold to an OTK length. I have worn these boots to QCB a couple of times and no one seems concerned at all.

Tonight I went to the library wearing a long stretch black top, black leggings, a black wool blazer, and black knee high fabric boots with 3½” block heels. It was a lot of black but it worked well together. A little girl (10-12 years old) gave me a funny look but that was the only reaction I noticed. I wore these same boots under ladies slacks and the blue blouse to work (in the office) today without any concerns or reactions. I have been working at home for a couple of months so showing up at the office was a noticeable event; all the bosses welcomed me back. Folks were glad to see me regardless of my heels (which they were used to seeing).

It has been a fun couple of days even though I didn't get any pictures..

:wavey:

JeffB - I thought the start of Spring was the start time for wearing white. Oh well, the fashion police have lots more stuff to worry about with me wearing skirts and thigh boots, than the fact that the boots are white.

That's cool TBG. Couldn't help noticing your reference to St. Vincent De Paul, as I actually saw first hand his incorrupt body in France. It never ceases to amaze me how the incorrupt saints just look like they're sleeping and could wake at any moment.

Thanks for the update. Lately I have been wearing my thigh high sneakers outside my pants when I go out and I have not gotten any negative comments. I wish I could wear my 8" platform white thigh highs out

77r90dL lf

I went to the office again today wearing dark gray ladies slacks, one of the red turtlenecks I bought last Saturday, a light weight black blazer, and black fabric knee boots with 3½” block heels under my slacks. Even when I am standing the heels are obvious. On the way to and from work the boots are worn over the slacks. Without going into any more detail, I’m not wearing anything form the guy’s side of the store. One of the higher level managers (male) commented, “Hey, you look sharp today.” I think it was the blazer since no one else wears one, but it was a nice complement. I was digging through my boot collection and found two pair of these knee high fabric boots, one from Payless, the other form somewhere else, that I had completely forgotten about. The Payless pair was by far the worse for the wear to the point that I had worn a hole through the fabric on both boot toes. I cut two small pieces of leather in the shape of an elongated “D” and hot glued a piece to each boot toe (straight side next to the sole). It covers the worn hole and gives the toe an interesting accent. I’ll get a couple more miles out of these boots. :wavey:

I’m working from home and wearing denim shorts, a grey T-shirt, suntan hose, and black fabric knee high boots. The temperature is in the low 70s F. A lady came to the front door and inquired about an Airstream trailer I was selling and asked if she could see it. I said sure and I would meet her in the back yard. I grabbed the key to the trailer and headed out the back door. She then noticed what I was wearing and commented (nicely), “Don’t you look cute. My daughter is a boot person and just loves to wear them”. I replied that they were fun. Her husband joined us as she was looking through the trailer. She asked about some components of the trailer then commented, “Your legs look better than mine do.” The rest of the conversation was about the trailer. When the knock came at the door I didn’t hesitate to open it. I may have thought twice had I been wearing a short skirt. TBG

I spent the day ferrying my friend to the cancer center today. This turned out to be an all-day event. I wore black leggings, black fabric knee high boots with 3½” block heels and a long black stretchy top that I wore with a belt a little above my waist. I was surprised that the top looked like a short dress when worn with the belt. I topped off with a black blazer and black purse. The top made the whole look a little more fem than I normally present but I thought it looked good, and I was comfortable, so I went with it. At the cancer center they are used to seeing me so there wasn’t even a second glance. I did stop at Sam’s and the only looks came from a little girl who was with her parents. Seems like kids look at me, not with curiosity, rather that they are seeing something that is wrong and trying to figure it out. Anyway, my friend is extremely well and I had a fun day out and about. TBG

I cut the grass in style this afternoon. I went out wearing a short skort, suntan hose a blue stretch top and black leather boots with 2” block heels. I got a couple of hoots from a passing car but that happens (but not very often). I needed to run down to a local market for some ice cream so I changed the leather boots for a pair of black fabric boots with a 3½“ block heel and pulled on a short denim jacked and headed out. The old guys hanging around the front door of the store didn’t say a word as I walked in. I looked for a couple of items the got my ice cream and headed for the register. The young woman at the register had seen me before and commented, “You look nice today.” I thanked her and headed out to the car. post-530-0-71179700-1365881939_thumb.jpg I grabbed a picture when I got home. The part of my shirt that is blue is the correct color. It is in the shade of a tree limb. The sun light was too much to allow the camera to make out the color.

I would never see myself walking around in such an outfit. But you do it! I still find a short skirt and manly legs a bit strange, but you pull it off quite well! Keep going on, my friend!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Here is a follow up to my March 16 post. The pictures are of the boots I wore into the store when I returned to buy the skirt, also in the pictures.

Hope you approve.

post-19704-0-72527800-1365181208_thumb.jpost-19704-0-11840900-1365181269_thumb.jpost-19704-0-48826800-1365181380_thumb.j

Sorry for the belated post in reply to Kris, but I really like the skirt and boots together, that is a very nice look!

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was doing some work and tore up a faux fingernail (guitar pick) so I headed over to the nail salon. I hadn’t been out in my thigh boots for a long time so I put in my white pair with 5” stiletto heels over black leggings, a white leather skirt with a hem just above the knee, a sky blue stretch top and a light weight black blazer with a small white purse. There was no waiting at the salon and I got the nail replaced and three others filled. He folks at the salon are quite used to seeing me in thigh boots and a skirt. When I walked out into the parking lot there was a family (mom, dad, teen aged kids) that had never sees a guy dresses as I was but after a few glances that seemed to take it in stride. We exchanged a polite afternoon greeting. Next stop was a St.Vincent DePaul. I parked on the street near the store and headed in. Maybe it’s because I haven’t worn my boots for a couple of weeks (I’ve been wearing knee high boots recently) or it was the fact they were bright white and with a white skirt, but I was more aware of wearing them than I normally am. I don’t think that changed my presentation but I did notice it. The folks in the store were great. They are used to seeing me and, as I have mentioned before, I get called Hon a lot. I found a couple of high grade cooking pots that I picked up and found I had spent more money than I had in my purse. I had to go out to the car for a couple more dollars. I headed home and tried the pots on a rice and chicken dish. It was a short but fun outing. :wavey: