Who here has worn there heels to get a haircut

korarde

I have not... Although my current barber, and the girl before him; would probably think it was cool, the clients (mostly alpha-male jerk-offs) would probably not...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I wear high heels every time I get a haircut. My barber/stylist is a female and she makes a fuss over the high heels that I wear every time I go in for a hair cut. The last time I had my hair cut, there were several women getting cuts and waiting and my stylist very loudly paid homage to my high heels in front of all of the women. I walked across the room, paid my bill, and told her and the others I would surprise them the next time I was in wearing a newly purchased pair of high heels. We all smiled at each other and I left.

Roniheels, You, undoubtedly, have become one of the standardbearers for high heel clad people of the world. Instead of all the fuss your stylist makes about your heels I would think it much more useful if she were to discount your haircut a dollar for every inch of heel you wear. After all the high heel fashion show you provide has to be worth something!! I have to wonder, apart from a haircut shop,in which other venues have you worn your fabulous heels?? I imagine malls, restaurants, parks, your car,etc. but I'm sure there are more I'm missing. HappyinHeels

Same here. I wear women's clogs/mules most of the time and generally 3" block or tapered/stacked heels, which don't attract a lot of attention. My favorites are Clark's. And always sheer or opaque nylon hose, usually Activskin brand. Never had a word or look from anyone. Steve

What does your hair stylist look like?

She is a woman I would say in her 30's, a little heavy-set but very pretty and very nice. We love visiting while she cuts my hair. And she always makes comments about the high heels I am wearing.

Roniheels,

You, undoubtedly, have become one of the standardbearers for high heel clad people of the world. Instead of all the fuss your stylist makes about your heels I would think it much more useful if she were to discount your haircut a dollar for every inch of heel you wear. After all the high heel fashion show you provide has to be worth something!!

I have to wonder, apart from a haircut shop,in which other venues have you worn your fabulous heels?? I imagine malls, restaurants, parks, your car,etc. but I'm sure there are more I'm missing.

HappyinHeels

I apologize to the site for being lazy as far as posting my outings in high heels. I wear some sort of high heeled footwear every day and even to work. On my days off, that is when I wear my feminine high heels with my suits or slacks and I go to restaurants, parks, clothing and shoe stores (I try high heels on in the shoe stores), specialty shops (there is a spice shop that I visit on all my days off), museums, libraries, video stores, miscellaneous stores, the movies, and an occasional night club. And of course, when I get my hair cut. As I have said in many posts, I love all of the reactions I get from people when they see me.

I have worn heels in to get a hair cut a few time's. I have never had anyone say a word. Although the last time I wore heels I caught one of the girls that cut's my hair taking picture's of me with her cell phone. Even though she does not think I seen her I did. My mode of thinking is like this. Would a women wear heels to get her hair done? proably! So if a women can wear heels to get her hair done why can't a guy? Just food for thought?

oddly enough my ex girlfriend cuts my hair still. I didnt wear heels when we were dating, but started shortly after we broke up, however we remained friends and I continue to have her cut my hair. when i first introduced her to the idea that i wear high heels, she wanted to see, so i wore them to get my cut one time. ever since then, if i dont wear them she makes a comment and expects me to wear them the next time i go in.

Always, normally a block heal. Also wear heels when having my nails done (Acrylic), had a situation on Friday, where I decided to get a Pedi and had a French paint job that the nail lady had to remove my ankle boots with a 4" Stiletto, thank goodness I only had knee high nylon on!

Yes i've worn heels to the barber the first one i wore them to was a shop in the heart of melbourne and the owner of the store was a lady in her late 40s she never said anything the first time and when i went back the second time she remembered, why wouldn't she, because i also was wearing a denim skirt not to many guys going to the barber in Melbourne wearing skirt & heels we had a good conversation the second time about my style in clothes since then i've moved to a salon nearer to home they only cut mens hair and i've worn a skirt and heels once in there and the other time i wore my 5 1/2 inch heel clogs with jeans the other patrons didn't look to happy i remember but nobody said any thing cheers malinheels:wavey:

Yes i've worn heels to the barber the first one i wore them to was a shop in the heart of melbourne and the owner of the store was a lady in her late 40s she never said anything the first time and when i went back the second time she remembered, why wouldn't she, because i also was wearing a denim skirt not to many guys going to the barber in Melbourne wearing skirt & heels we had a good conversation the second time about my style in clothes

since then i've moved to a salon nearer to home they only cut mens hair and i've worn a skirt and heels once in there and the other time i wore my 5 1/2 inch heel clogs with jeans the other patrons didn't look to happy i remember but nobody said any thing cheers malinheels:wavey:

The salon I go to has had only women in there when I've gotten my hair cut. I imagine if I went to a "man's only barber shop" dressed in high heels, I might get the same reaction you did.

I went to same lady for many years for a haircut. I usually wore the style of shoes that I would wear anywhere else and she never mentioned anything. One time I wore a pair of wedge thongs that were somewhat higher than anything that I wore before and she actually raved about how nice they were and how comfortable they must be. Needless to say thet was a great haircut experience.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

In one of my trips to Asia, I was in Beijing China where you can see shops for haircut everywhere is like a mania to get the hair done everytime for chinese, and also their way of delivering the service with an extra masasge on your head, shoulders and arms are priceless. well the thing that made me enjoy more besides the massage is that every girl that performs the massage are well dressed with a pencil skirt and a tight blouse, but all of them are asked to wear 4inch high heel whatever shape, but the high is imperative so as there were more than 12 girls going around the shop, i got very delighted checking out the meaty legs the have with nylons and the nicest high heels clicking on the hard surface of the floor, i was caught by the girl that was doing the massage to me, and I smiled when i was checking her out her legs and the shoes, i told her nice shoes, she understood and smiled back, i wonder that here in the US we can get some sort of concept like that, but most likely we wont as girls in america are getting lazy and less motivated to wear high heels as before to work active jobs like hairdressers or similar. I just wanted to share the experience as the topic is heels and haircuts, in a way.

V. Morpho

• 3 weeks later...

Today I went to a hair salon and had a woman's shampoo, cutting, and styling due to the length of my hair. I was wearing wedge sandals, a skirt, and nail polish on my fingernails and toenails. I just blended in with the girls there; there were no strange looks and I did not feel out of place.

I got my haircut today while I was wearing my tan Delicious brand open-toed pumps with 5 1/2" stiletto heels and a 1/2" platform. The woman who always cuts my hair did not make a big deal about my high heels today as she did the last time I was in for a hair cut. Today she just looked at them as I was sitting there, sighed, and said, "nice shoes." She went about my haircut and shampoo and then I went to pay. There were two other women in the salon and as I walked toward the cash register, not a word was said, but each woman watched every step I took and just smiled. No production numbers today, just quiet admiration.

• 9 months later...

Barbers have pretty much disappeared from my area. If you want your hair cut, you have to go to a hair salon. And yeah I go in heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

2 weeks ago I wore my 3.5inch I think stack heel boots to get my hair cut.Was a nice experience,after the hair cut I asked the lady,also South African and we get along nicely,what she thought of my boots.She was cool about it and loved my boots hehe.So needless to say Im going back there in heels again.

I wore these yesterday to get my hair cut:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/15856-who_has_bought_some_new_boots-83.html#post276469

The woman who cuts my hair loves my footwear choices but always worries about me because the floor that leads to her work station is always waxed to a mirror finish and rich in right angle turns. The sadistic maintenance &@$+@^?$.... LOL

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Thank you for posting this thread. It is filled with very interesting responses from people. :D I've been going to the same hair salon for many years since I was a kid. I'm 20 now but I think if I ever go there in heels, it would be very interesting. I would go in sandals fo' sure! :smile:

This is an interesting read, and from the sounds of it, most of the posts are by members in a urban/suburban location. Have I or would I wear heel into any of the hair establishments locally??? - - - Oh hell no!!! I could probably get away with a pair of womens Justin, or Frye boots with a 2-1/2" to 3" stacked heel, but beyond that - forget about it. Let me explain a bit. I live near, and work in a small town with a population under 2500. Three family reunions covers 90% of the population. I'm not related to any of them, so no matter what, I'm kind of an outsider. The Barber Shop: Men gossip. They are worse then women. On any given saturday morning, they are up to 20 guys in the barber shop, and most are not there for a hair cut. They drive pickup trucks and Harleys. They own 4 to 8 pairs of shoes/boots. A good pair of sneakers, a grundgy pair of sneakers, a pair of work boots, maybe a pair of shoes that the wife insists on having for nicer occasions, and 4 pair of hunting boots. Dress shoes come with the tux you rent for the wedding. Anything you do becomes pubic knowledge and open for discussion with any and all visitors to the barbershop. Oh - - It's a barbershop. He butchers your hair in 5 minutes or less if you know what I mean. Salons: There are four in town, all within eyesight of the only stop light and the barbershop. They all gossip too, but not near as bad - - they all heard it from their husbands. I go to one of these shops. The whole place is about 8' by 12' so there isn't much room for a lot of people to be hanging around. There are 2 stylist who switch off times, but either one would probably be all right with a guy wearing heels just as long as nobody else happened to walk by and see them. Then it's fodder for the barbershop. The potential fallout from any activity such as wearing heels in town could cause more problems socially, politically, and be detrimental career wise for me and my wife let alone the affect on the kids. A woman wearing heels in town becomes a topic of discussion.