Who here has worn there heels to get a haircut

korarde

I've not had a haircut for about 2 years now. I think having shoulder-length hair has helped me to feel more comfortable taking the step of trying on heels in shoe stores, I doubt I'd have done that with a crew cut. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable taking my heels look to a barbers shop environment (pretty much like Heelster describes), but I think I'd feel pretty cool about going to a hairdressing salon.

If you like it, wear it.

Hi, yes I have worn heels when getting my haircut. She is a ts girl, and has now even offered to cut my hair whilst dressed in lingerie....... That maybe next time. She has a private salon who works from her own home, so it can be exciting to get haircuts. She doesn't consider it odd for men to wear heel

Blacksheep

I have just had my hair cut at the local ladies hair salon. She seemed surprised that I asked for about 4" to be taken off. Whilst she cut it, she remarked that i was not wearing high heels, I actually had 1.5" heel wedge ankle boots on, rather than the 4" stiletto shoe boots that I thought had not been noticed 6 weeks ago.

I explained that I had just walked a couple of miles from the garage where the car was in for service, and felt the boots better suited the job in hand. She then said, "well maybe next time". This from a lady of about 60 years of age.

As a bye, my wife thinks the shorter style looks more feminine than when I had it longer!http://www.hhplace.org/images/smilies/wavey.gif

totter along into history

Getting into the shop turned more heads than any notice from the person who cut my hair or some other stragglers wondering in later. There wasn't even a mention about the round toe, 4.5" spike pumps that were visually displayed proped on the foot supports of the barber's chair. Even the process of taking off the hair shielding sheet and getting up from the chair didn't bring any notice to my high heeled footwear. When walking back to the register to complete the services rendered, the heeling sounds were loud enough, but still no one seem to care about a source. So as I walked out of the shop, my high heeled appearance looked even sharper with my closely cropped hair cut. Except for a bit of noted arrival by a few outside pedestrians, the rest of the experience was as it should always be -- "No big deal".

from my thread a while back "Skirting the Envelope" A while since my last post... I'm going out in skirts more and more - on the way to work, my typical lunch outings - sometimes on the way home. Yesterday, I took another stretch, I was due for a hair cut, and have been looking for a new salon, and on the way back from skirting in the mall, google mapped my way to a local place, called them and could get in in a couple hours, $30 cut. This place is a bit closer to work than where I had been going. So I leave work a bit early for the 4 o'clock appt. Black skirt, red short sleeve golf shirt, 5.5 thigh boots. It looks a busy from the car's parked outside, but no matter, across the parking lot and in I go! As my eye's adjust from bright sun to inside, a really cute 20'ish girl behind the reception lets out an "OMG!". I guess the appearance of a 6'5" + heels and a skirt @ 50+ years old was a bit too much, but it sure broke the ice, as I said, "That's one of the reactions I sometimes get!" The rest was all business, the haircut was good, though a bit short. In the middle of the cut, the proprietor approached and asked if a customer could ask me where I purchased my boots. That was cool, I said. So the 40ish lady came up and complimented my look, adding "Not everyone could pull that off, you do." Not one thing bad about the whole experience, other than I'll have to wait 4-5 weeks for the next haircut. I wonder what I'll wear next time. As TBG has found, if you frequent places and are recognized it's not a bad thing, it even makes you more at ease... Here is one place where I'll be welcomed and comfortable.

• 4 months later...

wife and I just had our hair done again, and I chose to road test a pair of blue oxfords ( £6 new look-sale item) 70mm heel, pu matte finish. I walked to the counter to pay, and the stylist said," let's see your boots then". Lifting my foot, I said," the're not boots, but oxfords". Two staff and one customer gave me beaming smiles, the stylist declared them too high for her but said they went well with the jeans, whilst the other old lady customer looked-on with the look of non-comprehension. Not sure if it was because i'm male, or that the others treated it as normal everyday event. Also bought suede wedge pumps (£6) and black suede effect ruched knee boots, 1cm hidden platform, 11cm stiletto heel (£15) from new look on same visit. Newport has a Next clearence store, some great plats and high ankle boots up to uk9 under £15 too.

totter along into history

wife and I just had our hair done again, and I chose to road test a pair of blue oxfords ( £6 new look-sale item) 70mm heel, pu matte finish.

I walked to the counter to pay, and the stylist said," let's see your boots then". Lifting my foot, I said," the're not boots, but oxfords". Two staff and one customer gave me beaming smiles, the stylist declared them too high for her but said they went well with the jeans, whilst the other old lady customer looked-on with the look of non-comprehension. Not sure if it was because i'm male, or that the others treated it as normal everyday event.

Also bought suede wedge pumps (£6) and black suede effect ruched knee boots, 1cm hidden platform, 11cm stiletto heel (£15) from new look on same visit. Newport has a Next clearence store, some great plats and high ankle boots up to uk9 under £15 too.

Ah yes that look from the "sheep" as I call them. They wait for other more vocal people to say something before joining in and when they don't say what's expected you get the look. However they dare not go against the majority so reluctantly accept it and hence the look of non-comprehension.

I have visited Monmouthshire recently, a very lovely part of the UK you live in.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Lol, no, I've never worn heels while getting a haircut. Last haircut I had was 2-1/2 years ago.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

I have worn my menswear inspired black oxfords with 4.5" heel to get my haircut on several occasions. No one said a word or made any visible reaction. I was a tad disappointed. I am usually quite timid when I first head out but sever hours later I am looking for a reaction.