Check the heels on these beauties!!

barney15c

I dont know why (and before you read on i am not sizeist!) but they really look like a rather large 'person' and i mean large......(see no sexism either!) has tried them on a squashed/buckled the heel rendering the whole 'shoe' look to be,shall we say spoilt...!!!! some what!!! sadly not my style.........

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

absolutely .....the heel reminded me a bit of those alexander mcqueen boots , the ones that lady gaga wore. If you took away the heel and replaced with something more conventional they wouldnt look to bad...as it is damn ugly!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

something went horribly wrong there, normally things like that are a matter of personal choice and taste, and quiet often can understand that some things will appeal to some people, however in this case, can make no sense or logic, maybe its meant to be shoe art, although still think and hope it does not catch on!!:smile:

I'm with Dr. Shoe. That "reverse" curve in the heel produces lots of bending stress, though the heel looks solid enough to take it. The conventional stiletto is shaped so most of the load is compression, the strongest direction for resisting stress. Stilettos usually break from bending, though the ones with steel rods are pretty strong.

I say they are Bull $Hit, and not for 80 bucks. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I'll bet that they hit the sales racks early and then maybe very few people will want them even then. The stores may end up being stuck with a lot of unsaleable pairs.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Actually - I would suggest that they are copies of Alexander McQueen's 'Armadillo' shoes:

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/blog.asp?blog_id=65

- and of course tragically, he died very recently - so they have probably sold out because people want something as a reminder.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I think people are overreacting here. Structurally the heel is sound as the heel tip, arch, and relative placement for each are the same as on any other high heel. It just looks weird because you're used to seeing the heel curve the other direction. The shoe looks bigger because of it, but if you cover up the heel and look at the remaining part of the shoe, it doesn't look like anything unusual and probably no more/less difficult to walk in. I don't think it's the best looking shoe, but I don't rate it as ugly either. just takes a little getting used to.

I think people are overreacting here.

Structurally the heel is sound as the heel tip, arch, and relative placement for each are the same as on any other high heel. It just looks weird because you're used to seeing the heel curve the other direction. The shoe looks bigger because of it, but if you cover up the heel and look at the remaining part of the shoe, it doesn't look like anything unusual and probably no more/less difficult to walk in.

I don't think it's the best looking shoe, but I don't rate it as ugly either. just takes a little getting used to.

I'm not over-reacting. They're just plain ugly. Period.

Actually - I would suggest that they are copies of Alexander McQueen's 'Armadillo' shoes:

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/blog.asp?blog_id=65

- and of course tragically, he died very recently - so they have probably sold out because people want something as a reminder.

That is the ugliest pair of shoes I have ever seen. They make Uggs look sexy! :smile: