Where and how?

jetheelsfan

Where and how did you get your first heels? Mine arrived from a Mongomery Ward catalogue order. They were delivered to my dorm mailbox my freshman year of college in the fall of 1970. Looking back, that was rather a risky way to handle things and I was very lucky. Life could have become very difficult if it had not gone as it did. They were a clearence item in a sale catalogue. I was a "poor" college student and funds were slim to none. They were a tripple strap shiney black low heel mary-jane style size 10B for $3.99 plus shipping. I had enjoyed watching girls in highschool wearing these "mini" heels with their mini skirts and just had to try a pair to see what it was like. :chuckle: I only went up from that "low" point in my life. :w00t2:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Wife supprised me with a pair of 4" stiletto mj's. That was 25 years ago or more. Actually the first pair , my mom gave me when I was 3 or 4. Those red pumps were my favorite toy. :chuckle: I clip cloped all around the house in them.

real men wear heels

Howdy, The first pair of shoes that I purchased at age 13 was from a Payless. My Mom and Sister always wore heels and the girls in school were wearing the pump like wedge flats with like a 1-inch heel. Neither my Mom nor my sister wore those so I saved up $9.99 plus tax, rode my bike to a Payless and purchased a pair in size 11. They were white and just like the shoes that the girls in school were wearing. Man, I loved those. Additionally it was cool because my parents owned a tent trailer - pop up camper trailer. During the winter months we would set it up in the back yard and I would live out in it. I kept my shoes out there and got to wear them quite a bit that way. Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

The first heels that I ever bought were a pair of blue knee high 3" heel "pleather" boots from National Shoes (National Shoes ring the bell!). I actually went into the store and bought a size 10, the largest size they made generally at that time. I would furtively walk the dog with them on occasion or drive the car with them.

It's all about the heel!

Thanks for all the interesting stories from everyone. I wrote-up my first heels adventure many years ago and posted it on Jenny's.

I just added it to our story forum here.

I guess I should tell about my first without making you go and read the story.

My first pair of high heels were a pair of red leather pumps with pointed toes and 3 1/2 inch spike heels with metal tips, size 10-B. They were Charmers, the house brand of Clark's Discount Department Stores, and cost $3.97 in 1962.

Years ago (in the late eighties) I would occasionally in department stores look at the high heels but never have the courage to buy any. Then, one day, I was in Geneva, in a giant supermarket/department store I had seen some nice shoes, but again I didn't have the courage. While I was standing in line to pay what I had bought, there was a man in front of me who had a lot of things on the belt and amoung them were a pair of high heel shoes. Everything was added up and he packed it all in bags and left, and I thought: "is it that easy?" You can imagine that the next time I was in that store I did put the shoes in the trolley, on the belt, in the bag etc. just doing as if this was the most normal thing in the world. And because nobody batted an eye, it became the most normal thing in the world. Of course, they were not a very great fit, but I was very proud of them and had them for quite a few years. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

The first pair of heels I actually bought in a store were tan 5 inch mules with a half inch platform sole. I wasn't really looking for tan, it was just the highest heel in the store. The store was a closeout shoe store and their inventory was laid out in boxes on the floor with the matching shoe on top. After I'd found my size (size 10), I took it up to the lady at the cash register. I made up some lame excuse that they were for a Halloween costume. She called the other female clerk over to the register to look at the shoes and tell her my story. Then out of the blue, they said they would give me a 20% discount if I would model the shoes for them, but it was very early in my heeling adventures and I politely declined as I didn't want to appear eager. If only I had the chance to do it over, I would have gladly paraded around in front of them. The store has long since closed.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I think my first pair was a pair of Nine West knee high boots 4 years ago through Ebay. I remember having to work in them. Talk about a rush. That was before I was married. Now that I have Pleaser Thigh highs for wearing in private, I wonder what my wife will think of me driving in them. :chuckle:

It all depends on whether you cause an accident or not. Please drive carefully, especially if you're not used to driving with heels. Take extra precautions, leave more distance behind the car in front of you, don't race to make that yellow light before it turns red, and be extra careful in changing lanes and making turns. I think I speak for everyone here that we don't want to hear how your wife HATES your driving in heels because you couldn't do it safely. Steve

I think my first pair was a pair of Nine West knee high boots 4 years ago through Ebay. I remember having to work in them. Talk about a rush. That was before I was married. Now that I have Pleaser Thigh highs for wearing in private, I wonder what my wife will think of me driving in them. :chuckle:

In addition to all of the "be careful" admonishing below, I would believe that driving between your home, where you put on your boots and arriving at your destination, the trouble that you'd have to go through taking them off and putting on your male street shoes wouldn't be worth the effort. Now, if you planned to wear your boots where ever it is that you are going and drive back home again, then it's worth it. :w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It has been so long ago that I can't remember what color of heels that I bought. I do remember that they were 4" high and a chunky heel as this was long before the stiletto was invented and sold in stores. I do remember entering a shoe store on the main drag in the town in which I lived and asking for them in a certain size and saying that they were a present for my sister. The rest you can chalk up to having a senior moment on the rest of the story. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My first pair were a pair of black leather and suede DKNY 4" heels from the outlet store in bicester village. I still have them I think they must have cost me £30ish. I remember the cashier saying to me "you know these are a US10" I got back to the car and was so excited I had to take them out of the box and try them on there and then. Unfortunatly I had another hour and a half drive back to London before I could really try them out.