one and other

euchrid

Anybody been watching this?

http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

it's a public art thing, where 2400 'ordinary' members of the public are permitted to "do whatever they want" for an hour on the vacant plinth in Trafalgar Square. Most of them seem to be highlighting awareness of something or promoting some cause or other.

What we need is a confident, extrovert HHP member (male heelers only) to get up there & preach to the masses. Any volunteers???

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Did it in full heels!!! Was there 7-8am Monday. Oh well, we cant all get the best times but there were still a fair few peple about! My voice sounds wierd (to me). I blame the mike but my art was supposed to visual anyway... Check out Plinthers for that time for the full motion footage. Photo attached from the studio afterwards....

post-4502-133522890913_thumb.jpg

What a great concept!

We have a local radio station that has a “Committee for Esthetic Public Spectacle” that covers fictional events like the April Fools Day Parade as it goes by their studio that should be ashamed they didn’t think of something like this.

I think Rober_T (5inchlover) demonstrated how great a city London is, and did it in a very nice pair of heels. :)

I would really like to read a bit on what the experience was like.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

No offence Rob as I know it takes some balls to do what you did but I think it came across as highly in-appropriate for that time of the morning, and just sends out yet another stereotype message that any guy wearing heels is some sort of "weirdo" Had it been an evening, especially at the weekend then yes it would have been fantastic, and would have been seen as "party spirit" but a guy in a rubber catsuit and fetish boots standing up there doing nothing more than just giggling with the alcoholics at that hour of the morning is a little beyond "odd" But hey, thanks for re-enforcing the negative stereotype that so many put effort into dispersing :)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

...a guy in a rubber catsuit and fetish boots standing up there doing nothing more than just giggling with the alcoholics at that hour of the morning is a little beyond "odd"

Yes, but is it Art? :)

but seriously, my thoughts went along the same lines as yours.

as 5inchlover said himself though, he didn't choose the timeslot. that part of it was just unlucky.

i'd have enjoyed seeing/hearing some more interesting feedback which he's certain to have received in an evening slot - though i did like the bewildered chap at 03:15!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Thanks for all the (mostly) great comment so far all!!!

Tech - you do not get to choose your slot. Its given to you by the organisers and thats it - you accept or reject - nothing else... This was the slot I was given the option of. Was I going to reject it? Hell No! And it is indeed Art - you can do whatever you want for your hour

One other thing - the regular draws take place one month before - so the draw for the July plinthers is held all at once on 1st June. So normally you have min 1 month notice. I was on a backup list so I actually got 13 hours!!!! And that included sleep the night before...

Curios that the only person so far that has come out and given me negative feedback from this site and else where is the owner of the high-heel web site. Thats Irony...

I have had many big party nights in high heels the West End in London on Fri and Sat - you should check my facebook page for photos of us - most tagged by other girls - essentially being come upon by adoring women ALL night and having photos, chatting, laughing, swapping stories, swapping emails - facebook friends etc etc etc - I will stop there! - all such fantastic nights I really should write some of them up here. Some clubs have let me in for free now because of it!!! Believe me guys - you go for it and it is totally amazing where the night leads you!!!!!!....

As soon as I heard about 4th Plinth my nerves tingled like hell (on a local radio station the day applications opened). Applied on the website right away. Then got draw rejections for June, July and August :-(

Was in the west end last weekend in full red catsuit, whip, devil hat & red thigh boots! Another classic night! And bumped in to this party where one of the girls had just been up there. So there I was cursing and saying how jealous I was. Their response was to tell me that its an option to just go to the portacabin offices and get yourself on the back up list there and then (as long as you have applied already and are UK citizen - you need passport / driving licence on the day). This I did right away!!

Then on Sunday eve abut 6pm I got the call that there was a cancellation - but it was for Mon 7-8am. Was soooo happy on one side but the time just did me over.. I thought: Is there a worse time in the whole week?? Monday afternoon would be better, even Sunday morning early hours might have a few clubbers with it being August. Or any other day rather than first day of the working week...

But I knew that the staff who asked me had only recently met me and I was the first person they called because of my outfit!! That was cool! I also knew that the backup list was VERY long and I would regret it FOREVER if I said No right now (even backups dont get another chance)

So that was it - I was in - had no idea what to do but just do it!! Had to be there at 5.30am so had to get taxi. First was the photo ID, then reading and signing all the paperwork and disclaimers. Then there was interview. About 20 mins about life, history, passions interests, ambitions, etc. So that the artist can get a profile on each person. All sorts of things came up in that - Dont think these are on web site though. The photo shoot, then a coffee and then outside on to the crane platform!!!!

Hope that explains some of the background. Am off this weekend so will post again next week on the experience itself...

Take care all

x

Curios that the only person so far that has come out and given me negative feedback from this site and else where is the owner of the high-heel web site. Thats Irony...

Thats not irony, were all entitled to our opinions, and I dont know if you have noticed or not but we have ditched fetish content here too.

Just because I took on the site to keep it going and look after the technical stuff, doesnt mean I cant also freely have an opinion like everybody else..

Like I said, I meant no offence in my comments, it was purely just my own opinion, put politely...

Quote : "But hey, thanks for re-enforcing the negative stereotype that so many put effort into dispersing :clap:" Thats quite offensive. Think I'll just post next weeks and future blogs on another site where it will be more appreciated. Sorry all. Take care... x

Quote : "But hey, thanks for re-enforcing the negative stereotype that so many put effort into dispersing :clap:"

Thats quite offensive. Think I'll just post next weeks and future blogs on another site where it will be more appreciated. Sorry all. Take care... x

If you cant take other peoples opinions when you post things so publicly, inviting comments and feedback, then dont post them...

Everybody has different taste, different opinions and different views on things, you should accept that, and by joining in here and posting such things publicly, you cant expect everybody to love what you do all of the time, and should be a little more "thick skinned" in accepting other peoples opinons and be open to discussion about it rather than just upping and leaving just because somebody isnt praising you...

Thats just how life is.... its what makes everybody different..

Things would be so damn boring if no matter what somebody did, people were not honest enough to say what they really though and just praised everything, no matter what they really think of something...

Believe me - when in cental london about 10% of comments are indeed bad - shouted out loud: the usual - freak - queer show - batty boy - etc etc etc - all water off a ducks back to me - I am very thick skinned. Compared to the 90% good comments its all worth while!! :). I want to keep the high heel society and keep it going. Please dont imply that i am doing you guys community a bad thing by doing what I do... Actually about 5-10% bad - the comment about "negative stereotype that we are all trying to stop" just gets to me...

Actually about 5-10% bad - the comment about "negative stereotype that we are all trying to stop" just gets to me...

The comment was "that so many put effort into dispersing". I didnt say "We are all trying to stop".

ok, so it gets to you.. Lets chat about it...

2 Questions:

What "vibe" do YOU think you gave off standing on that plinth a 7am in a rubber catsuit and your bright red stiletto boots?

What impression do you think anybody watching/passing got of what or why men might wear heels?

My hope would be that people passing by just thought he was an "exhibitionist" showing off his "fetish scene" clothing (I know I would think fetish scene as opposed to man in heels)...and didn't immediately establish a connection in their mind between the average man in heels and his overall fetish scene clothing.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Anyone who would spend an hour up there for any reason might be considered a weirdo by some people. I agree with Kneehighs - fetish scene or something. It would be nice to have someone up there in heels in any outfit as long as the outfit or behavior is not depraved. The catsuit and red heels would be disregarded by most people as an oddity rather more than a business suit and heels, I think. Tech: Your opinions are not just personal opinions when you use your title of authority of one who has the power to ban members, etc. They become more official positions than just personal and carry the implied threat of banishment/condemnation just because of that power. Look at the uproar Obama created with his initial remarks on the policeman's conduct with the black homeowner.

Tech: Your opinions are not just personal opinions when you use your title of authority of one who has the power to ban members, etc. They become more official positions than just personal and carry the implied threat of banishment/condemnation just because of that power. Look at the uproar Obama created with his initial remarks on the policeman's conduct with the black homeowner.

Right, so just because I'm part of the admins, I cant have a chat about something interesting? How does me joining in and trying to encourage people to discuss things openly imply any sort of implied threat of a ban???

I'm not having a crack at you by the way, I just dont see how you have made that apparent connection between me joining in with a chat resulting in some sort of implied banishment... :)

Its like saying the president cant have an open and frank discussion about favourite cars just in case anybody disagree's with him and gets fired...

So what if I'm an admin, I dont see any rules being broken here, no offensive pictures or bad language etc... Discuss away I say...

My hope would be that people passing by just thought he was an "exhibitionist" showing off his "fetish scene" clothing (I know I would think fetish scene as opposed to man in heels)...and didn't immediately establish a connection in their mind between the average man in heels and his overall fetish scene clothing.

Absolutely KH, thats why I think it comes across as a stereotype that any guy that wears heels does so as a fetish

So let me get this right... one guy gets asked to express himself, and he does so with heels and fetish wear clothing, but rather than be proud of his efforts, Tech bashes his efforts because they're not in line with his agenda? And when did we drop the fetish content? To someone who considers all heels as fetish, I'm not getting your point. I thought this site was for all heel lovers. Is there more criteria than that? I'm confused, and becoming angry the more I think about it. Signing off!

So let me get this right... one guy gets asked to express himself, and he does so with heels and fetish wear clothing, but rather than be proud of his efforts, Tech bashes his efforts because they're not in line with his agenda? And when did we drop the fetish content? To someone who considers all heels as fetish, I'm not getting your point. I thought this site was for all heel lovers. Is there more criteria than that? I'm confused, and becoming angry the more I think about it.

Signing off!

William

Sadly it seems you may have this the wrong way round...

1. He wasnt asked to express himself, he asked them. Nobody forced him.

2. Nobody is "bashing" his efforts, as like others, I'm just having an opinion, am I allowed to have an opinion? Is that ok with you?

3. There is no "agenda" just opinions and freedom to express them.

4. As for fetish, that content was dropped not long ago, we dont really want the sexual side of fetish/heels here as proven many times before, it leads to highly in-appropriate behaviour from guys and it was just screaming that guys + heels = fetish or CD/TV and we dont want that.

Why exactly would you get angry? There really isnt anything to get angry about at all... Do you seriously expect to wade through life with everybody praising absolutely everything or that everybody is going to think the same thing about a guy wearing heels, no matter what he looks like or how he does it or presents himself???

Personally, I think some people here carry it off really well, and others not so well, but thats their choice, if their happy then good for them, and if they should choose to post these things publicly for others to comment on, then comment on them we will....

I have to speak up here, firstly I commend 5inchlover on his courage to get up and be seen by everyone on the plinth in his preferred style of dress. That takes a lot more guts than I have. But I feel the same as Tech on the issue of what was worn with regards to opening peoples minds to men in heels. Yes people have got to see a man wearing heels, but once again it is co-ordinated with fetish wear. From my point of view this isn't a good thing, I've had problems convincing my wife that men can wear heels and be men, and shown her this site for proof. Then she has a look and sees either lots of skirts, or fetish wear on display with the heels. Her defences go back up, and she "knows" that I want to dress as a woman or in fetish gear as well as heels. I don't, good for you if you do and enjoy it, there's nothing wrong with it. It just makes it harder for men to get taken seriously as just shoe lovers with this association going on. I think that's all Tech was trying to say too? Because he runs the site on our behalf please don't jump on Tech every time he expresses an opinion, just offer your own opinion in a mature way to promote the discussion of the topic. We can all agree to disagree, there is no right or wrong just opinions really.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Did it in full heels!!! Was there 7-8am Monday. Oh well, we cant all get the best times but there were still a fair few peple about! My voice sounds wierd (to me). I blame the mike but my art was supposed to visual anyway... Check out Plinthers for that time for the full motion footage. Photo attached from the studio afterwards....

I'm impressed 5inchlover!!! Totally support you 100% :)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Hi All - Back now and have been compiling my stories from where I last left off - as the crane was rising in to the air!!!!! But then I saw this comment earlier in this thread: "4. As for fetish, that content was dropped not long ago, we dont really want the sexual side of fetish/heels here ". I am so disappointed in the fact that that this is supposed to be about "Men In Heels", and seems (to me) to be about "Men In Heels (except those who we dont accept)". Firstly I have no idea who decided that fetish (ie Rubber etc) was associated with sex - rather than Liberation or anything else, and secondly I no longer have any idea whose opinions are being represented here: the individuals, or the comminities.... FYI my reasons for going on the plinth were to do what I WANTED to do, nothing more, nothing less. Confused now. Hmmppphhhhgghhh..... xx

5inchheels, it appears like the only thing you did wrong is post your experience here for all of us to read, criticize and poke apart....... :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I am so disappointed in the fact that that this is supposed to be about "Men In Heels", and seems (to me) to be about "Men In Heels (except those who we dont accept)".

Wrong, this website is for all and anybody into heels, simple as that. Fashion, not kinky sex / fetishwear.

Firstly I have no idea who decided that fetish (ie Rubber etc) was associated with sex - rather than Liberation or anything else, and secondly I no longer have any idea whose opinions are being represented here: the individuals, or the comminities....

??? So what exactly do you think a fetish is then? Are you saying that fetish isnt associated with sex? Since when?

Actually, its "the individuals within the community" that are represented, as with all the fetish content, all too often, too many guys overstep the mark and post highly inappropriate content and to be honest, it was becoming a chore constantly deleting it all and banning those who couldnt simply show some decency, and its highly off putting for any women reading to see a website full of guys in heels, some of which over-exposing themselves...

So, too many complaints, too many guys incapable of controlling themselves, thus no female members...

FYI my reasons for going on the plinth were to do what I WANTED to do, nothing more, nothing less.

Confused now. Hmmppphhhhgghhh.....

xx

Nobody is knocking that at all, do what you like, when you like, how you like, and exactly the same way you stood on the plinth, open to comments, you choose to also post it here, thus again, open to comments....

If you dont like what you hear, dont ask...

If somebody had walked up to you in the street while you were on the plinth and said "hey buddy, no offence but I dont like your outfit, its somewhat inappropriate for this time of the day dont you think?"

Would you have just got down and left?

You put yourself up there, only you chose to stand there dressed like that for all the world to see, but yet you complain and sulk if anybody so much as doesnt praise you for it??

Is this an intolerance of other peoples honest opinions?

"Is this an intolerance of other peoples honest opinions?"

I think it's more to do with the way in which you worded the final sentence of your first reply. It could be construed as over harsh. The clapping smiley was just rude.

Put what he did into context. If 5inchlover had worn Dr Marten's or Pirate Boots would you have made the same remark?

As a moderator do you not have the responsibility to be a little more charming? I'd save the rudeness for guys with hairy legs and their balls hanging out whilst they straddle a farm gate in stripper heels.

As a moderator do you not have the responsibility to be a little more charming? I'd save the rudeness for guys with hairy legs and their balls hanging out whilst they straddle a farm gate in stripper heels.

I know but "charming" is really not my style, I'm very "tell it how I see it".

I just dont fell that I need to charm people if I simply have an opinion that might not fit into their own agenda.

If I like something, great, I'll say so, if I dont, again I'll say so and try to say why, if possible in a "jeremy clarkson" kind of way :)

TBH, would 5inchlover get chosen if he was wearing an average outfit with heels? Probably not. The very idea that a normal blending in outift would get chosen for this sort of thing is not particularly correct because the whole point of this art thing at Trafalgar Square is to do something that stands out. Nothing was lost from "men in heels cause" and what was gained was 5inchlover got to express himself in his way and enjoyed it. It was just a shame he couldn't do it in the evening, he would've probably had much more fun! I do wish people would stop treating it as some sort of backwards step when someone does something that someone else disagrees with. I'm sure 5inchlover knows that a rubber catsuit with 5 inch heels isn't what would be classed as everyday menswear. Just as Kneehighs wearing a smart blazer, skinny jeans and Nine West pumps wouldn't be his idea of fetish. I don't think we really need the Trafalgar Square Fourth Plinth to bring to attention of the world that some men want to wear high heels as men.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005