one and other

euchrid

TBH, would 5inchlover get chosen if he was wearing an average outfit with heels? Probably not.

I disagree with that, just look at what all the other candidates were wearing..

Nobody else had to don a rubber catsuit.

Either way, like I said, he has some balls to do that, I would never do what he did, but in my own opinion, man + rubber suit + heels = fetish stereotype

So on the one hand, bravo for having the cahoona's to do that but on the other hand "bummer it turns out to somewhat play into a stereotype that I know some really want to dispell"...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

hi all - heres a write up from where I left off:

"So that was it, it was my time, now or never, my turn up there on the plinth. So I stepped out the offies in to the sun shining quite brightly even for 7am. And over on to the crane platform. One of the production crew members was with me, we were lifted a few feet up and then driven across the square over to the plinth. Had to hold my balance as it was a bit rocky..

Then straight up in to the air - OH MY GOD - what a rush!! :w00t2:We went very high - above the level of the plinth, and then lowered across on to the edge. I could hear the chaps on the ground below shouting up at the previous guys who said to me they were quite a handful as he got on to the crane...

Then the first step out - wow!! Another rush. And then sure enough, the crane lifted away and that was it, I had done it - what a journey to get this far. the crane lifted away and sence of isolation quickly hit me - up here, on my own, in full catsuit and heels, and on full display to everyone passing by and the cameras!!

Several deep breaths needed at this point to try to slow down the adrenlin and compose myself... I had brought my bag with me with a few accessories so I put that to one side, at least for now, and walk out to the other end of the plinth to see what was going on. the other end faced where there were more people passing by (albeit only a few at this time)

Then of course the chaps down below soon kicked in - that was funny really. Because I had nothing really planned then they did help keep me occupied and the conversation was quite entertaining - friendly banter if you like... They were quote complimentary in fact!! One was quite insistent he wanted my cat-mask and how much he could buy it for!!

The production guy had said that at least from 7 onwards, then communters would be coming across the square, and he was right. Esp from about 7.30 onwards there were waves of commuters heading out from Charing Cross station and over the square to their offices. I thought of course they get a regular view of whoever is on the square probably at least twice a day, and that I was another on their list. But of course it is individual art and thats whe whole point of the project.

I tried to gauge their reactions which varied from Head down and pre-occupied, to a friendly wave, get their phone camera out, pointing it at me - I couldnt help but give a little pose!! then another smile and wave as they walked off checking their picture had come out ok. One asking if I was supposed to be cat-woman!! The post was very useful for keeping balanced for that time in the high boots.

The time went very fast and before I knew it, there was only about 5 mins to go (there is a big clock on the other side of the square), so I was chilling out in the sun, very comfortable by now with what was going on, strutting about, little waves and hellos, and didnt want to come off!! And it took the thoughts away fron my feet which would normally have been hurting after this time, so thats another first

Not massively eventful compared to an evening or weekend I'm sure, but that was kind of expected really at that time, but so glad I did it. As the old phrase goes, you only regret what you dont do.. And was on what you might call a comfortable high, if that makes any sense.

Then the crane came back right on time, to take me back down, back to the offices for the photo shoot, then get changed, and then off to go and do a days work :-(. Could not really concentrate much at all as it took most of the day to come back down to earth - metaphorically.

Looking back, all I can still think is just Wow what an experience!! I didnt realise until afterwards how many different cameras there were, both near and far - the far away shots are what get to me, see just me, right up there as I am and surrounded by the historic buildings. Truly unforgettable of course, so we will see if I manage to get in to any of the write ups to come from the whole project...

Take care all

x

I guess that my main contention is that this is a site for men (and a few women) who all enjoy high heels. For some, it a freedom from traditional men's footwear -- to express a sense of fashion. But to others, a shared fetish for heels. Some would not put heels into the fetish category at all. Some, I would contend would see all high heels as fetish. And while I too would love to see great examples in our society of "normal" (manly men, I'm not sure this fits any better than "normal") looking guys wearing heels, some of our crowd will associate the wearing of heels with a sexual pleasure. I happen to equate heel wearing with both sexual pleasure/fetish and fashion, and fun-to-be different. I would not be comfortable in wearing a latex catsuit in private or public, but would want to encourage anyone to do so who would feel that doing so would express himself. I often visit a "high heels for men" website that posts many pictures on a regular basis. Many of the pictures seem to capture the essense (in my opinion) of some rather effeminate looking men, and while I do embrace these men as brothers who share a similar passion for heels, the particularly effeminate looking men do not represent me. But I would not suggest that they should try to do so. Instead, I would encourage them to enjoy themselves. It would be my hope that we would all strive to support men in heels, whether they associate their heels with leather, lace, or latex -- or a business suit and tie.

Well 5 inch lover... Quote "They will become an image of themselves, and a representation of the whole of humanity." I think you have added to that depth of humanity in your own way, and that's a good thing. There will always be "a man in heels..." as part of the art archive. Good for you!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.