Any women here want their guys in heels?

highheeltrained

Dear Amanda, I have read your comments, in this thread, and I am sure you have described accurately the ordinary objection that an average woman might have regarding an high heeled man. In your economic way with words, you have explained the common sense of the matter. This view is entrenched and directly linked to the desire to be accepted, loved and secure within a language of visual expectation that has tradition and structure. It has little to do with freedom or expression, it is more akin to the lives of sheep in a field. Thankfully there is enough apathy in the world for me to wear what I like most of the time, without consequences. As a child I most assuredly 'read a book by it's cover' but life has taught me that this is a feeble perspective. I embrace free thinking and try hard to judge people by their words and actions, if there appearance is unconventional or ordinary it matters little to me. Do you think that fashions in clothing will stagnate in a world where we are encouraged to follow like sheep? regards Michael

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

What you've written makes perfect sense. It's true.

However I'm not willing to waste my time trying to convert sheep into something else. Besides I enjoy fleecing them even if I do have to dress like one when I'm hunting.

If you fly with the crows then you have to be prepared to be shot with them and I can't afford that.

Gosh this is all beginning to sound very agricultural!

:)

Dear Amanda,

I have read your comments, in this thread, and I am sure you have described accurately the ordinary objection that an average woman might have regarding an high heeled man. In your economic way with words, you have explained the common sense of the matter.

This view is entrenched and directly linked to the desire to be accepted, loved and secure within a language of visual expectation that has tradition and structure.

It has little to do with freedom or expression, it is more akin to the lives of sheep in a field.

Thankfully there is enough apathy in the world for me to wear what I like most of the time, without consequences. As a child I most assuredly 'read a book by it's cover' but life has taught me that this is a feeble perspective.

I embrace free thinking and try hard to judge people by their words and actions, if there appearance is unconventional or ordinary it matters little to me.

Do you think that fashions in clothing will stagnate in a world where we are encouraged to follow like sheep?

regards

Michael

I quickly breezed through this just to see how many women responded. I figured that would be a good indicator of the level of interest.... 4 Response and 3 of those were from the same woman who doesn't encourage the practice. Guys....you are fighting a losing battle! Men wearing womens heels will never be mainstream...never... There may be a time and place in a few womens lives that they would either tolerate this from a man they love or in very rare instances be turned on. Probably the same odds as the lottery if I had to guess. Before you go on the attack and bash me for my opinion, remember....you asked for it. I personally know no woman that has ever commented to me the desire to see their man in womens heels. Other than the old "if you like them so much...you wear them" comment some women make when their BF/husband askes them to wear heels. Jenny

Just Jenny

J&J, With the current society mindset, I would certainly agree, it isnt going to happen anytime soon. Having said that, the mindset is a fluid & evolving thing and who knows what it will find acceptable in the future. Just look back 30 years ago now and men were wearing plats and heels. All it takes is a lead from the right people and we the sheep of society change our way of thinking. For me, even if high heels for men do come in mainstream, I will never believe most men can wear stilettos (which to me is the current definition of the term heels) it just looks aesthetically wrong. There are a few exceptions, but there are very few that can pull it off. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I'm sure that a person could find at least 1 accepting woman for practically ANY look on this earth. But what most of us want is broad female acceptance. The following applies to the more feminine heel styles: You're definitely not going to get it anytime soon and asking for an opinion about an uncoventional fashion style for men on an anonymous website will NOT get you the answer you're looking for. It was just mentioned that a lack of female response suggests that women are not accepting to the idea which makes sense since we prefer not to post negative comments and simply not respond to posts where we don't agree with the look/thought. I quote kneehighs: "Breaking away from that social rule creates potential for SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS, which all women avoid like the plague." I agree 100 percent with this statement which is correct for the majority of women who are far more social creatures than men. If you meet a woman and make your heels the center of attention either by feeling insecure by wearing them, talking constantly about them and not coordinating your total look with them then you're doomed to fail. Guys keep posting about heels that "they're just shoes". Well, then treat them just like shoes, like an accessory, not the main event! Feeling SECURE and CONFIDENT about yourself is the key. Trust me when I say that if you project that towards women then a far larger percentage of them will be accepting of your fashion style because those traits eliminate a big chunk of social awkwardness. If confidence doesn't do the trick for her and she's still uncomfortable, then it wasn't meant to be. Whatever you do though, avoid hiding it from her at all cost (applies early in a relationship, I can't advise you guys who've hid it from their partners for years and years). Unless you're a master at hiding your belongings and emotions, it WILL come out. It'll save you the inner guilt and pressure as well. I personally dread the thought of hiding something important to me from the person who'se supposed to become my closest friend/person on earth.

Guys keep posting about heels that "they're just shoes". Well, then treat them just like shoes, like an accessory, not the main event!

:: golf clap ::

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I will give you guys kudos! You keep hoping! The statements about the heels and platforms of the 70's are what makes me laugh. I'm certain that 99% of the me are talking about womens stilettos and not just heels. They like the womens styles, not the chunky awkward styles from 30 years ago. You must also keep in mind, the women that are members here are not your average heel wearing women. We, for the most part, we are at the cutting edge of shoe fashion. I see other women snicker and comment about the 5"+ heels I wear all the time and I'm a woman! Sure I get many positive comments to but I believe far and away that I get more disapproving stares than ones of approval. But it is generally accepted for women to wear heels and not men. We would probably be the most accepting group as a whole that you will ever encounter because we understand the love for shoes and the way we feel when wearing them. If you can't get a handfull of women here to invite you to wear heels out with them, in their presence, or simply model your heels for them...you probably never will. My personal belief is that if you want to be accepted for you choice of footwear, you better hang out with the gay crowd. They are a very accepting group as a whole but you will still probably still be an outsider because you aren't gay. Sorry Jenny

Just Jenny

JeffnJenny; There is sooooo much truth in your statements and I for one agree and appreciate your comments. On the other hand as for me, men in heels, (women's) becoming main stream, doesn't really matter. I wear heels because I like to and believe they look better than ugly men's shoes. I do not need acceptance from women or men to enjoy something I really like. We can go back to the 70's all day long but that was NOT men wearing women's shoes and does not compare to the least. As for comments like look at how things have changed like men wearing earrings, coloring there hair blue and green etc etc, doesn't compare either to men wearing women's shoes. Face it guy's, it is never going to become mainstream so either stay in the closet about it or get out and screw what everybody else thinks and wear your heels proudly!

real men wear heels

J&J, I am enjoying your contribuion to this thread, nice to have some proper straight talking on the subject. I know bringing up the 70's again as an example is a bit old hat, just like the trotting out of all the other examples you can read throughout thisboard. However, they serve to illustrate that what is acceptable in society can and does change. Now I am with you concerning men wearing shoes designed for the female foot. What I hope is that we will see more offerings that are specifcally designed and orientated towards men. Example is my Avatar and also YSL Johnny boots. I love them and enjoy wearing them. The gay crowd are certainly more fashion adventurous than most regular guys, but other than a few rare examples they wouldn't be seen dead in stilettos or women's shoes either. I feel it is a popular misconception that men wearing womens heels are viewed as gay. All this means is the general population at large have no idea whatsoever of what being gay is. It is just a convenient label to give someone who flys in the face of convention. Then again, what a boring world this would be if there were none of these people expressing themselves in their own special way. Women's fashion for one would be as boring and lacking thought as mens is, and that would never do - would it. Simon.

What a wonderful thread this has turned out to be, with some really interesting perspectives. (J&J) I do not think that statistical conclusions can be drawn from the ratio of women and men that respond as, firstly, we do not really know the gender of the writers and ,secondly, there would need to be the same number of each. I would guess there are far more men who contribute to these threads. I should not have written anything at all, really, as the original question asks if women HERE want their guys in heels. I know several women who like to see me in high heels but they are not HERE. The people here are very special, as they have an intellectual curiosity and love of the subject. Those women who appreciate my high shoes are not here, as yet, because it is not a compelling issue for them. I provide the answers to their possible questions 'in the real world'. If they are minded, they will be here soon....I will have a few words.... M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

I actully like heels on guys.The problem being the looks they get from the general public.Stilettos are not going to make it for for everyday use. But high heeled boots any cuban heeled shoes look great. I remember the cowboy boots Burt Reynolds wore in the Smokey and the Bandit movies, I thought they looked so hot.But other than that I think guys should wear any kind of heels they like.

Barbara, Thanks for joining in this fascinating thread. I am right with you in everything you said. Cuban heels are great for guys and personally I think they don't look good on girls unless its the casual jeans and cowgirl boots look. Difficult to find especially here in the UK, but happily they are available - at a cost! Simon.

Guys....you are fighting a losing battle! Men wearing women's heels will never be mainstream...never... There may be a time and place in a few women's lives that they would either tolerate this from a man they love or in very rare instances be turned on. Probably the same odds as the lottery if I had to guess. Before you go on the attack and bash me for my opinion, remember....you asked for it.

I personally know no woman that has ever commented to me the desire to see their man in women's heels. Other than the old "if you like them so much...you wear them" comment some women make when their BF/husband asks them to wear heels.

Jenny

Jenny, you have the right to your opinion, but here's my comment. As I've gotten older, I use one word less and less, "...never...". The same never that said in the 1960's (in the US) that men will never have long hair or wear high heels. The same never that said in the 1970's that men will never wear ear rings. If a guy (dressed in goth clothing) were to wear 3" block heel boots with a 1 or 2 " platform, people will be staring at the outfit or the guy, and not the shoes (IMHO). Just be careful with that word, "never", because, to me, it's proven to be a temporary thing.

Vector, Yup, I do agree, society and its attitude to things is fluid. I may be wrong, but I perceive the point is the type of heel, which to most here, if it isnt a stiletto, then it isnt a heel. Then I do agree with her. Stilettos are not, nor will they realisticly be, the norm for men. There is just too much association with sex that goes with stiletto heels. Pick the right time and occasion and they will work, but to be part of a regular man's wardrobe, sadly it isn't going to happen any time soon. This is why I have taken to cuban heels. No problem with these at all. Guys, buy and wear cuban heels. Get over your stiletto fetish for a while. The more that do wear cuban heels, the more that will do the same. Once you've gone up, it is so much easier to vary the heel style. Simon.

....snip...

On the other hand as for me, men in heels, (women's) becoming main stream, doesn't really matter. I wear heels because I like to and believe they look better than ugly men's shoes. I do not need acceptance from women or men to enjoy something I really like....snip...

sad dudes... real sad.

never mind the women.

wear your heels in peace and be cool.

Amen to that!

There's no battle for broad "public acceptance" in my mind either. The true battle is within the individuals own mind for internal validation.

Frankly, I think that if most guys here could experience a reality where their value is independent of what other people think, where their internal sense of value doesn't fluctuate with the approval or disapproval from others of their heels...a reality where they build their sense of self value from the inside/out, where they live for their happiness first and foremost and acceptance/approval from the public is PURE BONUS, then we'd have a lot more guys in heels.

The fact is I value myself more than any girl/man will ever value me. As long as I'm not harming anyone else by wearing heels (stilettos or cone), then it doesn't really matter if others like it or not.

"Be the lightbulb, not the moth". If I lose a moth, so what. There are other "moths" that my light will attract.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

My boyfriend wears heels and I have no problem with it at all, he now wears them when we go out. I encourage him to wear them - it is part of him and it makes him happy I also enjoy him wearing them. If people wish to stare or comment that's their problem, heel wearing does no harm to anyone else. If less time was spent commenting and criticizing others maybe the vast majority of the population could actually find something different to like about themselves. Andi is also a member of this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZNej78p19g

Sadly this clip really shows the true state of mind of society when a man wears a womans high heel. Full marks to the guy for doing his thing especially as the girl's laughter must have been heard by him when he stopped to adjust his footwear.

Simon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZNej78p19g

Sadly this clip really shows the true state of mind of society when a man wears a womans high heel. Full marks to the guy for doing his thing especially as the girl's laughter must have been heard by him when he stopped to adjust his footwear.

Simon.

This guy was trying to walk like a woman and definitely brought on the attention he deserved and appeared to be gay. I just wander if this was all planned out.

real men wear heels

I would not say thats everyones reaction to seeing a guy in heels. Just shows a couple of rude ****'s that could not stop laughing to themselves. Although, gotta say he at least had the confidence to not fall apart when he had them following him around.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I think they were in cahoots with each other. At one point when the woman laughed, the guy wearing heels did a little dance move for her. The video was probably made for fun to stick on Youtube. They may even have been her heels and pink baguette bag. I don't see how it sums up the state of mind of the public.

I think that it was a put-on deal to get u-tube results and replies. First off, it wasn't recorded in a manner that was for the best of viewing. You had to cock your head to see it right side up. I got a kink in my neck viewing it. A couple of nit-wits following a guy and laughing histerically. Some people have to much time on their hands. Maybe I missed something in all of this. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 7 months later...

I quickly breezed through this just to see how many women responded. I figured that would be a good indicator of the level of interest....

4 Response and 3 of those were from the same woman who doesn't encourage the practice.

Guys....you are fighting a losing battle! Men wearing womens heels will never be mainstream...never... There may be a time and place in a few womens lives that they would either tolerate this from a man they love or in very rare instances be turned on. Probably the same odds as the lottery if I had to guess. Before you go on the attack and bash me for my opinion, remember....you asked for it.

I personally know no woman that has ever commented to me the desire to see their man in womens heels. Other than the old "if you like them so much...you wear them" comment some women make when their BF/husband askes them to wear heels.

Jenny

Unfortunately for us, I agree with you Jenny, even if it happens more often that some girls/woman make me a lot of compliments (just on internet;-) for my legs on heels, but at the same time I realize that if they should go out with a heeled man, it will be absolutely different!!!

Stay heeled and smile to life!

First of all, if males wearing heels or whatever terms of fashion equality is to be achieved, our cause must be made public.The stereotype is that a woman wearing whatever is good,while a man even slightly out of the frame is gay or whatever sh*t they say. Before 1940 women in all type of male apparel,shoes incl. was NOT normal,probably many women who had the desire before 1940-s to dress as a guy thought that it would never be mainstream. Women generally speaking raise the children up and perceive heels, skirts and so on as an advantage over men, that is why they brought up males as machos. Remember, most men do not participate as actively in children's issues as females do and if all mothers decide that boys can have the same rights as girls in appearance, males would not be able to stop that. Women hardly would give up their advantage willingly, so we must fight for our freedom and gender equality. P.S. My girlfriend agrees that males should have the same fashion freedom as women, but I had to acquaint her with my cause - it is not popular enough and is burdened by stereotypes.