A tale of Nine West

Bootking

I've never seen bigger than EU42 in UK Nine West. Remember that most, if not all, NW footwear in the UK is marked with US sizes so don't get your hopes up when you see a size 9. I'm also EU43/UK9. I've tried a on a few shoes and boots in NW and most are definitely too small.

Happy Feet, this problem happened more than once at this particular store. Each time there was a different clerk working the store, so it wasn't just one employee being rude to me. You may want to give this store a try and see if their attitude has changed, since it's been about six months since I was last there. The clerks were very friendly and helpful at first, but once I began trying on the shoes, their attitude changed for reasons unknown to me.

I think that the problem comes from this area being extremely rural and extremely conservative. They don't take too kindly to people that are like themselves. It's just about midway between Columbus and Cincinnatti.

I definetly won't return to this particular store.

Maybe you need a different tactic. It sounds like a half-dozen or so guys know that store and maybe have even been there. Wonder what would happen if you all showed up at the same time? Would the whole security force show up? Sounds like they have a narrow-minded manager to me. They are in the biz to sell shoes, right? Why should they care who buys them?

Have a happy time!

That outlet mall is just an hour and a half away from me. I'd be glad to go there with HappyFeat and others sometime and crash their party to see what fuss ensues. Could be interesting, since we know their "routine" ahead of time and can watch what happens. Count me in! GWL

I've never seen bigger than EU42 in UK Nine West. Remember that most, if not all, NW footwear in the UK is marked with US sizes so don't get your hopes up when you see a size 9.

I'm also EU43/UK9. I've tried a on a few shoes and boots in NW and most are definitely too small.

I have a few Nine West boots in woman's size 12, ie EU 43.

What's all the fuss about?

It could be some interesting reading if you guys would crash that Mall in force to see just what would happen then. Keep us all posted in the event that that occurs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I visited the Nine West outlet that I haunt regularly. However, I did make it in last week only to discover that the manager that I had become close to, who even held shoes back for me to try, had taken another job. I lost my hook-up and I am quite bummed about that. The girl working that day has never been rude, but really isn't terribly helpful to me or any other customer for that matter. She did tell me that they got a new manager and I will try to make it in to meet her when I get a chance. On another note, I did find that Marshall's, which is a close out retailer often has a very nice selection of Nine West shoes, even in larger sizes. I just bought a pair of very nice t-strap d'Orssay pumps for $15. For that price I don't care if they are two seasons old. Also, TJMaxx caries a lot of Nine West for reasonable prices.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 1 month later...
Hit the Fairfield CT Nine West Outlet this afternoon. The sales help were courteous and tried to be helpful. Tried on a couple of pairs but they just didn't quite cut it. What I really wanted (Hot Tamale on sale for $19) were not in my size. So, I came home with nothing!

It's all about the heel!

• 1 month later...

Here's an update on the Jeffersonville, Oh Nine West Store. I have been there twice in the last two months and it appears that all of the employees are new. I had great experiences at this store, just like all of the other Nine West Stores I have been too. I never called the corporate office, even though someone here suggested that I complain to the Corporate office. Maybe someone else made a phone call. If so, thank you. The last time I was at this store, their stock of size 11 and 12 were very minimal. I made a comment about that and the manager said that they are in the process of restocking the store and more larger sizes will be in soon.

Wednesday I stopped at the Fairfield, CT NW outlet store and saw a fantastic pair of short boots, Dramatico in red (more like wine color) with a 4 1/4 inch stiletto heel that I really wanted but the price was a little steep at $49.99 so I didn't try them on.

Thursday I was out on Long Island, NY and stopped at the Mall at the Source in Westbury where they have a NW outlet store. I was nicely greeted on walking in, asked if I need help, etc. and went about my business. They had the Dramatico on sale for $39.99 in my size 11 and in red - I knew they were going home with me if they fit! They also had a thigh high black fabric stretch boot that was okay but didn't make me jump. The thigh highs were a bit hard to try on as I was wearing skinny Levi 511 men's jeans so I didn't really get them form fitting fit but I wasn't really interested anyway. I tried on the Dramatic twice, before and after the black stretch ones and walked up and down the side of the store. The store was busy too! Anyway, I made my decision and left the red Dramatico boots on under the skinny jeans, packed up the black ones back in the box and put my sneakers and socks in the Dramatico box.

I got to the cashier and the same saleswoman greeted me, said she'd be just a minute, rung me up, checked address for the 9 West points to be added to the online account (500 bonus for any purchase). Interestingly enough, while I was at the register, the she asked me if there was a sticker on the bottom of the boot; sure enough, it was there and I picked up my leg with the boot on in front of the other people at the register (about 4), peeled off the sticker, gave it to the saleswoman paid and went on my way! I walked out in the mall to Forever 21. The store was just a jumble so I didn't even stay and walked downstairs and out to the car. I kept looking at the reflection of the boots and felt soooooo good (and sexy too).

post-9697-13352289442_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894436_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894445_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894454_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894462_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Very nice boots. Unfortunately the Nine West outlet where I live does not carry my size (12) in the boots that I'm interested. I tried on the size 11's (I can wear some size 11 in some high heels), but they did not fit.

By popular demand (LOL) here are better pix - yesterday, those were on the spot from an iPhone in the dark. After I left the mall I drove over the Van Heusen Outlet but they didn't have what I was looking for.

post-9697-133522894518_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894523_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894525_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894536_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522894541_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Man, oh man, bootking. No one -- And I mean, No one could ever find fault with the way you look wearing those boots. They're very stylish and look even more so wearing them with that pair of jeans. :chuckle:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yo, Bootking! The only word that comes to mind when I see those boots you sported is----WOW!! Absolutely fantastic! You certainly do have great taste when it comes to boots, and you wore your new ones with tremendous style! Bravo, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

There are strong and sensible arguments against men wearing stilettos in public, as distinct from more modest cuban or similar heels, when in male mode. But, as I have suggested before, a pair of pointed stiletto boots worn with narrow jeans (and not concealed) always seems to me to be a smart, unisex look that anyone who is not too top-heavy can carry off. Your pics exemplify exactly what I had in mind, Bootking, and the look is great; well done!

Keep me posted on nine west knee high boot styles with pointy toes and the nice high stillett heels.

Why not Google "Nine West," and keep yourself up to date? That way, you can find what's available and buy it before it's all gone. :chuckle:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There's another way to go about it. Nine West has a web site where you can see all of their current styles that are also available for order directly without going to the store.

Amazon.com also has a nice selection of Nine West but they may also be last years styles, depending upon how much of a fashionista you are. There are other sites too; just browse and you'll find them!

Personally, I love their outlet stores and make my purchases there; trying on is always better.

It's all about the heel!

The only thing about the outlet stores is that they sell the previous year's styles, for the most part. Some of the styles are what you can find in the stores, but for the most part, you are not going to find most of them on the Web site. However, I am waiting for some that I saw last year to begin to show up in the outlets. Also, the outlets often run the buy one, get 50% off the second pair. A pretty good deal if you asked me. However as Bubba mentioned, if you find them online for example, you can get the styles you want before they all run out. The outlets often do not have everything in all sizes and hard to find sizes like 11s and 12s are slim from time to time. However, I have the advantage that I LOVE almost all NW shoes, so I can usually find something.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that the boots that I did buy the other day were $49.99 in Connecticut on Wednesday. On Long Island, the same boots were $39.99 on sale! Saved 10 bucks by waiting one day!

I agree that the outlets may have last year's stuff but the Dramatico is this years style and covering. They are similar to the Goor boot but not the same. I would also say the same for a number of the other styles.

Like everything else, just because it is in an outlet doesn't mean that it is what you'd expect, price included!

It's all about the heel!

I agree that the outlets may have last year's stuff but the Dramatico is this years style and covering. They are similar to the Goor boot but not the same. I would also say the same for a number of the other styles.

I saw those while I was in the store the other day. They are beautiful, but they had none in an 11. I really wanted to try them.

Also, another note on the outlets, they all seem to have different inventory, especially when it comes to size.

Also, another note on the outlets, they all seem to have different inventory, especially when it comes to size.

That is absolutely true! Some may have blocks of sizes, say 6 1/2 to 8 and nothing else or they might have 12s but not 10s, etc. etc.:chuckle:

It's all about the heel!

• 4 weeks later...

Having just had a couple of very nice outings at my local Nine West outlet, I just wanted to let other fans out there know they did have some great boots, in wonderful colors are larger sizes! Also, I got an employment appication and may actually go to work there for the holiday season. We'll see... Partially to honore a request from another member and partially beacue it was fun, I posted a couple pictures of boot that I tried on. The first are called "Must Have" and I am thinking about getting them in gray, though the black ones are in the picture. The second are round toe ankle boots called "Most Wanted" which also come in a great variety of colors!

post-5655-133522896771_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522896772_thumb.jpg