A tale of Nine West

Bootking

Nine West is truly a great place for guys to get HH's. I have always been treated extreamely well in their stores. I was recently talking with a mgr. and she tells me that she has several guys that buy heels in her store. She has even informed their corperate HQ that she would rather have more 11's and 12's than 5's or 5.5's as the larger sizes sell out quickly. Corperate askes how many women buy those larger sizes? Not women was the reply men are buying them. I have been there a few times now and when I come in all the staff treat me like a king fetching all styles that they have in my size. They are truly amazed at just how well a regular guy can rock a pair of heels. I get more comments of how "You walk better in them than I can or most of the women that try them." They always encourage me to wear heels whenever and where ever I want. They say that my look is very natural and the heels really work for my sence of style. I have three pair of Nine's the "Romulus" which of course is my current favorite, the "Ragtime" of which I also purchased my wife the exact same boot, and a pair of western type lace up.

I remember when the Fairfield/Norwalk store opened and the aisles were full of shoe boxes. It was like walking into shoe heaven. The last few times I've been there the inventory was noticeably smaller along with not much available above a size 10. I always had good luck at the Portchester,Ny outlet. The added bonus was a DSW store nearby. Even that store has gone from 2 floors of shoes down to one. Seems to be a pattern developing here oif downsizing. As an aside, it seems to me that 9West shoes are running narrow/small the last year or so. Anyone else had this experience?

Like everything else, it depends on the style. In Nine West boots I normally wear an 11, but there was one style that I could not wear. I think it is called Splurge or something like that; tight in the foot and wide in the calf. That's why the best solution is always to try on the shoe in the store.

It's all about the heel!

I have wonderful experiences at Nine West stores. Over half of my collection is from there (about 30 pairs of Nine West) and all are bought and tried on in stores. I find that their staff usually treats me very well. Often I am in there for an hour trying on all kinds of shoes. These days I visit the store in Braintree (Massachusetts) as the manager and sales girls there are very helpful. I also like their shoes. They are pretty good value and look awesome. My most recent purchase is the Peanut boot, which is NOT a high heel boot, but I love it so much and wear it to work on many days.

I have wonderful experiences at Nine West stores. Over half of my collection is from there (about 30 pairs of Nine West) and all are bought and tried on in stores. I find that their staff usually treats me very well. Often I am in there for an hour trying on all kinds of shoes. These days I visit the store in Braintree (Massachusetts) as the manager and sales girls there are very helpful. I also like their shoes. They are pretty good value and look awesome. My most recent purchase is the Peanut boot, which is NOT a high heel boot, but I love it so much and wear it to work on many days.

I agree the Peanut is a great boot I tried it on and had to go down one size. I'm glad to hear that some of the rest of you are having good encountersat your local NW. Maybe the corperate will take notice that a good many guys are purchasing their products. Wouldn't htat be great?

I remember when the Fairfield/Norwalk store opened and the aisles were full of shoe boxes. It was like walking into shoe heaven. The last few times I've been there the inventory was noticeably smaller along with not much available above a size 10. I always had good luck at the Portchester,Ny outlet. The added bonus was a DSW store nearby. Even that store has gone from 2 floors of shoes down to one. Seems to be a pattern developing here oif downsizing. As an aside, it seems to me that 9West shoes are running narrow/small the last year or so. Anyone else had this experience?

Actually, I have too. A few weeks ago I visited a few Nine West stores, including the one in Port Chester and the "mega outlet" in Yonkers. Port Chester was already in sandal season and there were very few boots left (I'm a boot only kind of guy). And the one or two pairs in size 11 they had did not fit too well. I also went to the "outlet" in Stamford (nothing) and then a few stores in Manhattan.

I like DSW too, simply because of the supply.

But recently I have started buying from Zappos, better quality shoes and more choice.

What's all the fuss about?

Update...

After the disappointment at Nine West, my latest order from Zappos showed up. Two pairs of boots, one for daily wear, one for special occasions.

I like blade heels, these were the only ones available and 3" is pretty ok. And toes have to be pointy or square, I really dislike rounded heels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are cool since they come in 11W and the heel is not too high

Posted Image

Posted Image

And since two weeks ago my wife said she would not mind having some pointy toed boots but doesn't like the high heels, I ordered these too:

Posted Image

PS these are hot too, but not available in 11 or 12

Posted Image

What's all the fuss about?

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted a note about Nine West in the "try them on" thread. I went to the store in downtown Chicago on Saturday and they had no problem whatsoever with me trying on heels in the store. Only had a very limited selection of size 12, however, and the 11's I tried on were too small. I did pick a Saturday, as that is a less busy day in the downtown area. Unfortunately, the second Nine West store in the CBD is closed on Saturday. There clerk there also indicated that they had some size 12's, and that try on was absolutely not a problem, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to do that in a busy store with extensive windows to the street, especially since I work in the area. Maybe I can find an off time there as well. I only wish they carried more 12's, but I do understand, as I'm sure they don;t sell a ton in that size. Probably a good thing for my wallet!

RonC, sounds like you had a great outing at Nine West. Your experience is exactly why I love going to Nine West stores. They give great service and really don't care that you are a guy. I have always wondered if they had a store policy or were even trained that some of their customers may be men. As for their sizes, I have also noticed that they are not carrying even as many styles in an 11, let alone a 12, as they were last year. Trust me, I have done my part to show the company that they can sell a lot of shoes in larger sizes. Was this your first trip to a store like NW?

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks Happyfeat. It was a nice experience. This was my first venture into trying on womens shoes in a mainstream womens shoe store. While in my area there were several stores that carried large sizes and were more than receptive to men trying on shoes, all of them are, unfortunately, no long gone, likely put out of business by places like Nordstroms and the availability of on-line shoes in a wide range of sizes. I rue their passing all the time. I have never tried a place like a Nine West, Also, Bakers, Naturalizer, etc. before last Saturday. I certainly won't make a habit of going there, as it still remains a bit stressful for me, but I will no longer be afraid to try about any store if I so desire. In the Chicago area, I am seeing a definite trend toward elimination of larger sizes. Not sure the reason. We have Kohls stores here, and they have almost completely eliminated size 11 from their stores. We also have Carson Piere Scott that used to carry many 11's and even some 12's at one time, and they are down to most shoes in 10 only now. One would think that they wouldn't want to lose any business given the state of the economy, but I guess they just don't sell enough to warrant carrying the stock. And that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because the department stores I've visited that do carry larger sizes rarely, and I mean rarely, have much in the way of an 11 or larger on the sale shelves, while the 6 to 9 range has rack after rack. Since I would guess that the sale racks would tell the tale of what was selling and what wasn't selling, if they couldn't sell the larger sizes, the racks should have plenty of them! I just don't get it!

The tale continues! Checked out the Portchester, NY store and then the Fairfield, Ct store; both had boots but only the Fairfield store had boots in my size and then unfortunately, nothing that I wanted or stuff that I already had. However, interestingly enough and suprise, I found out that Lord and Taylor at the Danbury Fair Mall (CT) carries size 11! And they had a beautiful pair of black Blondey knee high leather boots in my size for about $50 but the Gallivant that I have is a twin!

It's all about the heel!

• 2 weeks later...

Bootking, you should be gloating in this thread about your Tornado boots. I hope your treat you as well as mine have me. I did a bit of NW outlet shopping last Saturday afternoon. The still have boots but 75% of the inventory is sandals. I couple of pair really caught my eye, but they haven't been marked down yet. I did buy a pair of very cute "Aferdita" t-strap sandals in multi-toned brown with a small platform and a fantastic stiletto heel. The clerks helping me said that they couldn't even walk in them and I puled them off great. They will look fantastic with flare jeans and my pedicure.

Happy Feat, I haven't got to the pix part yet (hopefully before the week is out) but the Tornado boots (but the price was excellent at $41 on sale - 40% off of $69) do look good although the shoe fit for me is not so good. But just as an aside, I found out that Lord and Taylor carries up to size 11 and they have the Nine West black leather Blondey boot and the synthetic Brandy boot marked down to $49.99!!

If I didn't have the Gallivants in brown and black leather, they would have been mine! I was in the Danbury, CT store the other day and the sales rep told me that they were not one size only remnants but they had various sizes in various styles still.

I'm heading to Florida for a quick business trip at the end of the month and intend to do some serious shoe shopping on the way home! Sandals time is truly coming!!

It's all about the heel!

I went to a Nine West outlet store yesterday. I was a bit disappointed by the selection, as there wasn't much there that caught my eye. I did try on a couple of shoes. Unfortunately, there was a Mom shopping with two young daughters (I would guess in the 9-12 year old range) and I just didn't feel comfortable letting them see me trying stuff on, so I limited myself. I actually went to a few other stores and came back, only to find them still there, so I just moved on. Really didn;t miss much, as there were probably only two other pairs that I would have even tried. Went to a couple of other stores (Naturalizer, Famous Footwear) but didn't get a good vibe at Naturalizer, and they only had one shoe I liked in an 11 which probably wouldn't have fit anyway, so I skipped that, and FF had nothing. A rather disappointing trip to the outlet mall, darn it.

What are the sizes at Nine West like? I really like a lot of their styles, but I wonder what their size 12 is like. I can wear a payless size 12, but I'm not sure if the Nine West is similar. Can anyone clue me in on this?

The shoes I have tried at Nine West fit pretty true to size. In my experience with Payless shoes vs. Nine West is they are very similar in size. However, it all depends on style, of course. I recommend at least giving NW a try!

What are the sizes at Nine West like? I really like a lot of their styles, but I wonder what their size 12 is like. I can wear a payless size 12, but I'm not sure if the Nine West is similar. Can anyone clue me in on this?

I can wear a 12 in Pleaser, etc. as the 11 doesn't work well but generally a 12 in Nine West is too big. Try it; what can you lose?

It's all about the heel!

My only issue is that Nine West is expensive. I'm just a poor college student, so those heels really would be an investment for me. I could get 2-3 pair of payless for 1 pair of Nine West. But they look so good! How can I say no?

My only issue is that Nine West is expensive. I'm just a poor college student, so those heels really would be an investment for me. I could get 2-3 pair of payless for 1 pair of Nine West. But they look so good! How can I say no?

Try eBay! A quick search of eBay shows there are 7,028 pairs of shoes made by Nine West for sale there. Not knowing what size you wear or what style you are looking for, it is a good bet that there is one pair in your size, in a style you like that you can afford. Check it out.

eBay, Nine West Shoes

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

dingpat, I found that Nine West, just like any other brand, varies from shoe style to shoe style in fit. In the outlet, I tried on a high heel, kind of loafer style pump with a somewhat rounded toe in an 11 and the fit was snug, but generally OK. I also tried on the one pair of size 12 shoes I found, a somewhat thinker heel, black smooth/black patent almond toe Mary Jane style that was a bit narrow in the toe box and probably, if I had tried on the left shoe as well, would have been too long for my left foot, which is a bit smaller than my right. I also had a pair of heels from Nine West that I bought at the outlet without trying them on. They were a style called, I believe Tree Toes, which was a pointed toe suede and leather pump with a small t-strap set low on the shoe near the toe box. They were a size 12, so I thought they would be plenty big, and when I went to put them on, they were so small that I did a double check to see if the shoes were the same size as marked on the box. They were smaller than many 11s that I have owned or tried on. So....that is why I have taken to, in most instances, trying things on before I purchase. That way I will at least know that I can get into them.

dingpat, I found that Nine West, just like any other brand, varies from shoe style to shoe style in fit. In the outlet, I tried on a high heel, kind of loafer style pump with a somewhat rounded toe in an 11 and the fit was snug, but generally OK. I also tried on the one pair of size 12 shoes I found, a somewhat thinker heel, black smooth/black patent almond toe Mary Jane style that was a bit narrow in the toe box and probably, if I had tried on the left shoe as well, would have been too long for my left foot, which is a bit smaller than my right. I also had a pair of heels from Nine West that I bought at the outlet without trying them on. They were a style called, I believe Tree Toes, which was a pointed toe suede and leather pump with a small t-strap set low on the shoe near the toe box. They were a size 12, so I thought they would be plenty big, and when I went to put them on, they were so small that I did a double check to see if the shoes were the same size as marked on the box. They were smaller than many 11s that I have owned or tried on. So....that is why I have taken to, in most instances, trying things on before I purchase. That way I will at least know that I can get into them.

Wow, well thanks so much for the in-depth on Nine West sizes!! I would have some serious concerns trying on shoes in a Nine West outlet. Talk about your frightening experiences. I get jittery just trying on shoes in payless!

I wouldn't automatically assume that Nine West is more expensive than Payless. Though I don't frequent Payless often, I was in a store just this week. Thought they always seem to have some markdowns that are $10 or less, their styles usually leave something to be desired. I discovered Nine West and other mid range brands by browsing the clearance racks at major department stores and then discount retailers such as Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Also, I bought several pair from eBay. Now I do most of my shopping at the NW outlets. On average I pay about $25 to $30 a pair for Nine West shoes, which in my mind is very competitive to Payless. As a matter of fact, I saw a very cute pair of pumps at Payless that was $40! I hear this all the time from people that they don't shop certain places or wear certain labels because they are more expensive. The trick is to learn how to shop, head for clarance areas, and include quality into your equation. You may not walk into a NW store and walk out with three pair of shoes like Payless, but you may get three pair of Nine West at different times for a very compreable price.

I just want to make sure that I have heels that fit! It's less about the money for Nine West and more about whether they fit or not. I know payless fits, which is why I shop there, that and it feels a little safer to shop there.

I totally understand what you are saying about wanting to be sure they fit. However, there is no charge for going to the store and trying them on. In fact, it is way too much fun just to do. I have never felt pressure to buy and even have had staff at NW stores just bring me shoes of all styles and colors to try.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from a Nine West Outlet store in Wisconsin Dells. (I am on vacation there.) The store manager was extremely accomodating and brought me all the size 12 shoes she had. I tried them on and am considering one of them. She also offered to check any other NW Outlet store for styles that I liked to see if they have them. I gave her a list and will go back to the store in a couple of days to see what she was able to find. She said she would have them shipped to my house for free, too. She remembered me from last year when I was here. Also, she said that I was not the only guy who shops there for shoes. I can't wait to see what she is able find out.

I did a little NW Outlet shopping today. The store I was in today mainly had sandals, which is fine by me since I am looking for the perfect sandals for summer. However, they really didn't have many 11s in styles or colors I liked. I did find a really cute pair of flats, but they were cut a bit low and showed a little more cleavage than I like, but at least I found NW flats in an 11. The clerk told me that they will be getting more sandals in for a while however.

Just one warning about NW outlets. At them moment they are running super saver specials or something like that on certain styles. These styles are exempt from the second pair at 50% special. If you are not sure about if a shoe qualifies for the 50% a second pair, be sure to ask.

Having not found a lot at the Nine West Outlets in New York and Connecticut (boot season is winding down quickly), I let my fingers do the shopping at Amazon.com for the Nine West boots. Purchased two really nice pairs; red snakeskin "Blondey" knee high boots and black patent "Blushy" short boots for a nice price. Pics to follow.

I'll be checking out from Florida back north starting on Monday.

It's all about the heel!

Well, I made it back to the NW Outlet. The manager had made a number of calls for me trying to locate the shoes on my wish list. She was amazing and also made compliments on the shoes that I did try on. I (with my wife's approval) settled on a low heeled loafer (left field) for every day use and a 2.5 inch slightly chunky heeled loafer pump (twiskie) for "going out" occasions. I really wanted the 4 inch heeled pump called Jennett (picture attached). However, my wife nixed that one even though the store manager said I needed a fun shoe and the Jennett looked good on me. :winkiss:

post-6974-133522884309_thumb.jpg