A tale of Nine West

Bootking

Lately I've been getting to a fairly good number of Nine West outlets (see the Pennsylvania thread) and having had some good results, continued that home in Connecticut.

On Wednesday I first stopped at the store in Stamford where I was greeted nicely but didn't have anything that I wanted. Then on to Norwalk where I was not greeted. I wandered around in the store, tried on a couple of pairs of boots (one called 'splurge' or something like it) was too small in my usual 11 and the Bandolino was too wide in the calf for my taste). Then on to the one in Fairfield where I wasn't greeted either (the salesgirl was in the rear and was quite busy). Well, here was a winner - the Gooro (last year it was called Goor) boot in brown leather, size 11. They actually had more than one pair but the pair I tried on still was in all of it's original stuffing. I walked up and down and the purchase was a no-brainer for $29.99. I browsed a little more then went up to the register. There was a woman ahead of me that was taking some time so I browsed a little right around the register area while I was waiting.

Finally she's done and I was greeted nicely by the salesgirl (cute too). I had an online coupon for 20% off (HappyFeat - eat your heart out!!) off all boots and booties (they don't call me Bootking for nuttin'). The only problem is that the e-mail didn't have an actual code or barcode on it. So, the salesgirl, trying to get me the discount had to make various calls, etc. that made the wait longer although she was quite polite about it.

As I was waiting I wandered around, tried on some loafers that were nearby that I didn't buy and just did the looking thing. Back at the desk we started to chat about the boots. She said that she had them in winter white and black and that they are the same boot as the Gallivant (knee high version). I said I know and that I had them too in black and brown leather! As we chatted, she told me how comfortable they were and how absolutely hot they area! I agreed wholeheartedly and told her that I had the Goor in winter white also and that another hot boot was the Bhavino in black leather. She didn't know that one as the style is different and they hadn't had it in the store.

I felt so bold and empowered at that point that I told her that as the boots are so hot, it would be a shame to leave them in the box and that I'd wear them out of the store instead. Without batting an eye, she thought that that was great for the environment, etc. etc.!! She let me know though that I could no longer return them if I did but that was fine with me.

End result - great leather boots, good conversation and a final price of less than $24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-9697-133522879912_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879918_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522879922_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Way cool boots! Perfect for wearing with jeans! Two thumbs up for you fine sense of style, and for getting a good deal on your purchase as well!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

20% off coupon! You are killing me here.... I was the Nine West outlet I frequent last week and the only 11s they had in stock were boots I already have and frankly not much otherwise. I am hoping to make it in very soon because they are getting new stuff in all the time. So hopefully... The woman who manages the outlets close to my home used to work at another Nine West outlet in Pennsylvania and she said that she has always had a "handful" of male customers. So, I figure that they are great places to shop. The boots look fantastic. I have toyed with getting them in black, but since I have them in red and snake I will leave it to you to style in those. However, I am pretty sure that we wear the same size, so maybe if you are ever up for a swap...LOL

Style is built from the ground up!

Bootking - could you change your font? Large, bold, and red is not pleasant for others to read. Thank you.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Bootking - could you change your font? Large, bold, and red is not pleasant for others to read.

Thank you.

You could have asked "please". ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The color is called Velvet Brown and it is the same in the Gooro or the Gallivanto.

Bootking, I have you seen the "Tree Bark" brown in any shoes at NW? It is a very deep brown, almost black actually. It is common in several styles. I like the velvet brown better, but I lke the tree bark as well.

Love the new font, by the way!

Thanks. I had a chance to look in a Nine West store over the weekend & they had the boots but only in black and of course no size 11's.rx

rxrenesis, the Nine West outlet store will be very happy to order it for you and deliver it to your door for an extra $7 - quite a deal in my opinion.

It's all about the heel!

Bootking, I have you seen the "Tree Bark" brown in any shoes at NW? It is a very deep brown, almost black actually. It is common in several styles. I like the velvet brown better, but I lke the tree bark as well.

Love the new font, by the way!

Thanks HappyFeat, no I haven't seen the new color yet. But I have been seeing a lighter color (called natural leather in the Blushey boot) in their stores which is very nice. I bought a pair of Nevan boots for my wife in a slightly darker color.

There had been a little kicking about on the readability of the font so I made it a little easier on the eyes.

It's all about the heel!

On Wednesday I first stopped at the store in Stamford where I was greeted nicely but didn't have anything that I wanted. Then on to Norwalk where I was not greeted. ...

Did you mean the Stamford Nine West store in the Town Center mall? I have been there perhaps a dozen times and they never had anything interesting. Seems I got to go give it a look again.

The outlet in Norwalk I have been too (on Connecticut ave, right?), but they never had anything in size 11... seems you got lucky.

I think I might take a drive tomorrow ;-)

What's all the fuss about?

Arctic, that's the place. Norwalk did have a fairly good selection with some selection in 11; same with Fairfield. I wouldn't go to the Stamford outlet again as it is small with a bland selection.

It's all about the heel!

I too have found Nine West stores to be great places for men to try on and buy heels. I have been to 2 different locations and found the female sales associates to be very nice and helpful. I have shopped with one sales associate twice, and the first time I wore the heels I bought right out of the store. She and the manager were very much in agreement that I should do so and seemed pleased that I did. The second time I shopped with her, she commented on how pretty my toe nails were (after a pedicure.) She even pulled off one of her shoes to compare nails and later told the manager that I had the prettiest toes she had ever seen! She then brought out multiple pairs of sandals for me to try on. I sent a comment card in to their corporate office to commend those 2 stores on such great service. I love Nine West shoes!

I was out and about today in my black Gallivant 4" leather stiletto knee boots underneath Mossimo jeans. I stopped at two Nine West outlets, one in Clinton and one in Westbrook. I was greeted well and in the Clinton store was nicely asked if I needed help (the salesgirl being near me in the same aisle and saw the boots). I told her no as they didn't have larger sizes. She told me that the boots were broken sizes and mostly smaller.

Ah well.............

It's all about the heel!

A decent selection but Westbrook is not a large outlet mall. They had a Danskin store there that I didn't have time to run into next to Nine West. Clinton and Westbrook together make a decent size mall. And as they are only two exits apart on I-95, you could really consider them one outing.

I think both are fine spots for heeling as you're outside from store to store and you're not confined at all.

It's all about the heel!

Excellent points about outlets being great places to heel. I frequent a Nine West outlet and Lane Bryant outlet at a mall that just opened last year south of Pittsburgh. The stores are fairly close together, but when I go shopping I usually hit just those stores, but I have been in another shoe outlet, the GAP, Banana Republic, and Coach. Since I am known at the NW and LB outlets, the employees usually have stuff for me to try. One thing I have noticed about outlets is that customers are usually travelers, so if you go in occasionally you become a prime customer. The NW manager told me that I am their best customer even. Well, I figure there is that little thing of being a man buying women's stuff that may make me stand out, but....

The NW manager told me that I am their best customer even.

Well, I figure there is that little thing of being a man buying women's stuff that may make me stand out, but....

Great stuff, it doesn't get better than that! By the by, in another post you had those great Gooro boots; are they red snakeskin or the grey?

It's all about the heel!

I ave two pair of Gooros actually. One is red leather and the others are synthetic snake in an off white with the snake pattern in blacks and browns. The great thing about the latter is that they go great with almost anything you would want to wear. Actually, there is a story behind both pair that involves the Nine West outlet I frequent. When I first started going, I usually bought a couple pair of shoes each time I went (about once per month) because the outlets run great buy one, get one at 50% off the ticketed price. I like boots, but I don't love them as much as most of the guys on the site preferring pumps and even shoes that are more on the "delicate" side so to speak. The manager was convinced that she was going to sell me boots as a bit of a challenge to herself. She also loved the fact that I am all about color, so naturally she insisted that I try the red "Gooro" boots. I immediately fell in love with them. Since I had to have them, I needed a second pair of shoes for my 50% discount and I wound up buying my to the knee "Tornado" boots that night as well. I was in the store for probably two hours trying on shoes and boots and we had a blast. After the Nine West outlet, I went to the Lane Bryant outlet for the first time. When I was asked if I needed help by a very cute young girl working that night I immediately showed her my two new pair of boots and said I was looking for something to wear with them. She set me up in a dressing room, I put on the tall balck "Tornados" and she brought me clothes to try on - slacks, jeans, gauchos, capris, skirts, and even a dress. All of which I modeled for her while she could barely contain her excitement. That night I bought a pair of gauchos to wear with the "Tornadoes" and a pair of satin crop pants for the "Gooros." In some way, I can say that outlet shopping changed my life! As for the snake Gooros, when they came in to the outlet in an 11, the Nine West manager set them aside for me because she knew I would want to at least try them. They were actually $10 cheaper when I bought them than the red ones, but anytime something comes in in an 11 that I might like, she sets them aside for me. Another bit of advice about outlet heeling - week nights in the fall and winter tend to be very slow because they get so much of their traffic from travelers who may fill the places up on the weekend and in the summer. The deals are quite nice, and from what the Nine West manager has told me (she has worked at several different NW outlet stores) they do get a fair number of men buying shoes for themselves.

I wasn't sure if the Gooro came in red snakeskin or just the bone pattern that I had already seen from your picture. The reason that I asked is that on eBay, I had just seen the knee high version in a red snakeskin in a size 12 for $99. With Nine West I wear an 11 as you do, so that wouldn't work.

I have seen the red leather and was looking for it but didn't find it in an 11 anywhere so far but as I have a Colin Stuart leather pair with zippers, I didn't find the snakeskin version this time around but had found it in Fairfield and passed on it because again, I have two Colin Stuart snakeskin ones, one pointy and one almond toe, both knee high but darker, the 2nd one somewhat metallic.

It is amazing the adventures that one has! Keep on heelin'

It's all about the heel!