JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

The compliment from the girl is golden!  Added to the compliment from the guy, One Liberty Place is your place!

The silhouette of the outfit suits you well.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

The compliment from the girl is golden!  Added to the compliment from the guy, One Liberty Place is your place!

The silhouette of the outfit suits you well.

Thanks. When I think about what that girl said, I can’t help but chuckle. I think that may have been the first time I’ve been complimented on my derrière. Heh!

@JeffB if you like keeping up with trends, you need to get yourself a sherpa jacket. And animal prints.  I wish I could get way with leggings, but I think that would be too much for work.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

@JeffB if you like keeping up with trends, you need to get yourself a sherpa jacket. And animal prints.  I wish I could get way with leggings, but I think that would be too much for work.

Sherpa jacket, eh? Hmm! Interesting! I’ll see what I can do about that.

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

Thanks. When I think about what that girl said, I can’t help but chuckle. I think that may have been the first time I’ve been complimented on my derrière. Heh!

You must tell me your secret! That’s one part of my body that my wife wishes I had! She says it’s too much of a typical guy’s behind, ha!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 12:58 PM, Cali said:

Cali,

Go for the leggings, if not for work, just wear them out and about. I do. Wearing leggings is so very comfortable and I wear them out a lot. Being so comfy that's why women all love wearing leggings. Tonight I ran some shopping errands in a pair of orange stripe/ black leggings, with a black top, orange puffy down vest with my Aerosoles, "Tall Grass" mid calf booties, with 3-1/2" chunky heels. I carried my black cross body bag.(A must when you wear leggings) This ensemble was for early Halloween look. On Thursday, I will be wearing my Halloween  patterned leggings in black with orange pumpkins , white ghosts  and candy corn , among other prints. Gonna pair them with a black henley  shirt with an orange tee over the top with a big jack-o-lantern print on the front. Add my orange puffy down vest. I'll add my black, Aerosoles booties and  I'll be all set to celebrate Halloween. BTW, my wife will be wearing a matching pair of leggings to our family Halloween party.

Happy Halloween and Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

bluejay,

I have worn leggings to walk on the beach in the winter many times, but I feel I need a little more modesty than leggings provide.  If there was some top that was 2-3 inch (inseam wise), i might wear that. Legging have replaced my longjohns for skiing, to pair when it is below 10F (-12C) two pair. My ex is jealous of my blue velvet pair....lol

On 10/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, KneeBooted said:

You must tell me your secret! That’s one part of my body that my wife wishes I had! She says it’s too much of a typical guy’s behind, ha!

My secret? Heh! I wish I knew what it was, other than good genes passed down to me from my mom.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

bluejay,

I have worn leggings to walk on the beach in the winter many times, but I feel I need a little more modesty than leggings provide.  If there was some top that was 2-3 inch (inseam wise), i might wear that. Legging have replaced my longjohns for skiing, to pair when it is below 10F (-12C) two pair. My ex is jealous of my blue velvet pair....lol

I don't much worry about modesty when I wear leggings. Meanwhile, I want to try faux leather leggings next.

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

My secret? Heh! I wish I knew what it was, other than good genes passed down to me from my mom.

I don't much worry about modesty when I wear leggings. Meanwhile, I want to try faux leather leggings next.

Or was it 'good jeans'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cali said:

bluejay,

Cali,

As far as longer tops, I do buy the tall sizes in tops both men's and women's. They do provide that extra 2-3" of coverage but I'm not really concerned that much about coverage, as JeffB points out. I really love wearing leggings. I probably have over 80 pairs including regular length and capri length. Light weight styles for summer wear, regular weight for fall and spring and heavy weight fleece lined leggings for winter wear. Every time I see some new leggings , I just have to buy them whether they are solid colors or pattern. I have them for all the holiday, too. You can never have too many pairs of leggings!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

Most of the time I have people sitting in front of me with their eyes waist high, so I have to be concern with modesty

I just got faux leather pants last month, they are great. I recently expand the stores I shop at and pushing the limits of what a man looks like and wears.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cali said:

Most of the time I have people sitting in front of me with their eyes waist high, so I have to be concern with modesty

I just got faux leather pants last month, they are great. I recently expand the stores I shop at and pushing the limits of what a man looks like and wears.

Cali,

I wear women's leather pants. I also have faux leather leggings. Very sexy looking. I'm looking at getting a pair of Hue Body Gloss leggings.https://www.hue.com/women/shop-leggings/fashion-leggings/body-gloss-leggings-black.htm     I saw a woman wearing a pair of them , at my dentist's office.  I told her how nice they looked on her . She said she got them from Hue and thanked me for the compliment.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay   

• Like 2

Jaunt #525, 11/2/2019: The more I wear dresses, the more fun it becomes, and the more I want to wear them, something I never imagined several years ago when I wore them infrequently, say, only one or two times a year. But, things have definitely changed since then, case in point: this outing makes my 28th in a dress in 2019, eclipsing my previous high of 27 from just last year, and there’s still a hair under two months left to boost that number. As for this outing, with a cold front that blew through late Thursday night, dropping temps into the low 50’s at best, I headed out to the King of Prussia Mall in a black faux leather jacket over a gray drawstring dress from Old Navy, black 100 denier tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black and a black satchel bag. The dress which I bought back in January or so had casual styling written all over it, what with the drawstring on the bodice while the thicker tights kept my legs nice and warm, and the Martinez boots have the loudest sounding heels I own.

Arriving at the mall shortly after eleven, there was already a good crowd, mainly because Saint Nick had arrived from the North Pole and set up shop in one of the rotundas. Only two days removed from Halloween for Pete’s sake, and Santa was already on the job greeting kids. Sheesh! Talk about rushing the holiday season! Next thing you know, Santa will arrive after Labor Day. But, I digress, at the comic book shop, I chatted with the staff about Joker, the guys raced about how great the movie was while I was more ambivalent about it, I mean, after Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill (voice only) and Heath Ledger portrayed the legendary Clown Prince of Crime on TV and on the big screen, Joaquin Phoenix came up a short in my mind. At the food court, I treated myself to a slice of pizza (barbecue chicken), and it was most tasty, at Macy’s, they were having a sale on jewelry, as much as 50 percent off, and a bought a nice fifty dollar gold pendant for just under 24 bucks, pretty neat. At Old Navy, I scored a sharp looking, long sleeved ribbed knit dress while adding a second puffy vest for just under fifty bucks. Ahhh, gotta love a sale, but then, who doesn’t?

I spent four hours at the mall, and it always amazes me how time flies while I’m there. Even more amazing how comfortable I feel freestyling there, in fact, I’m so used to wearing skirts, dresses and heels at KOP, it wouldn’t at all occur to me to wear men’s clothing there, hell, I’d actually dislike doing that since men’s clothes are just so deadly dull. More to come....

Jaunt #525, outfit-3.jpeg

Jaunt #525, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #525, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 1

With 525 outings in the book, it's time for....THE NUMBERS!!

JAUNTS BY YEAR

2008: 10
2009: 42
2010: 28
2011: 61
2012: 34
2013: 33
2014: 45
2015: 46
2016: 53
2017: 65
2018: 64
2019: 44 (and counting)

CLOTHING

Skirts: 359 (above knee-232, below knee-92, at knee-35)
Dresses: 72
Jeans: 63 (tucked in boots-39, untucked-24)
Leggings: 17
Skorts: 9
Capris: 4
Pants: 1

FOOTWEAR

Payless shoes: 361
Other shoes: 164

Boots: 199 (knee high-78, ankle high-72, thigh high-48, OTK-1)
Pumps: 107
Sandals: 100
Loafers: 52
Slides: 33
Flats: 32
Sneakers: 1
Mules: 1

PERCENTAGES

Skirts: 68.3
Dresses: 13.8
Jeans: 12.0
Leggings: 3.3
Skorts: 1.7
Capris: 0.7
Pants: 0.2

Boots: 37.9
Pumps: 20.4
Sandals: 19.0
Loafers: 10.0
Slides: 6.2
Flats: 6.1
Sneakers: 0.2
Mules: 0.2

• Like 2

Impressive statistics!

• Like 1

Impressive Jeff!  I can barely keep track of my shoe count lol

• Like 1

Looks at my shoe collection this weekend - "Maybe I'm going a little over board with my obsession..."

Looks at Jeff's numbers - "OK, maybe I'm not so crazy after all..." :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff - No calf high boots???

As a recovering statistician I stop keeping track a long time ago.  I haven't even balanced a check book in 25 years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Impressive statistics!

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Impressive Jeff!  I can barely keep track of my shoe count lol

6 hours ago, chesterx said:

Looks at my shoe collection this weekend - "Maybe I'm going a little over board with my obsession..."

Looks at Jeff's numbers - "OK, maybe I'm not so crazy after all..." :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeff - No calf high boots???

As a recovering statistician I stop keeping track a long time ago.  I haven't even balanced a check book in 25 years. 

What can I say? I love numbers! :giggle:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

What can I say? I love numbers! :giggle:

FYI - I have a college Statistic textbook in the market.

• Like 1

Jaunt #526, 11/16/2019: BBRRRRR!! While the calendar says mid November, it felt more like January or February as it was plenty darn chilly outside for this latest outing, all the more reason to spend the time indoors, and that meant going to King of Prussia and the mall. And because I was going to be inside, I didn’t have to bundle up like an Eskimo, still, I dressed for the occasion in my black faux leather jacket over a black turtleneck, a black and white print midiskirt from JCPenney, black tights, the Payless “Martinez” ankle boots in black and a black satchel bag. Here’s a new number for your perusal: this was my 200th outing in boots since I began this thread eleven years ago, easily the leader in the footwear clubhouse at nearly 40 percent of the overall total. Funny thing, when I first started out, I had no idea I’d be so partial to boots, whether they be ankle high, knee high or thigh high, and, of late, I’ve especially enjoyed wearing ankle boots which are cute and work well with skirts, dresses and leggings.

But, I digress. At this time of year, the mall is both full of people and highly festive because of the holiday as the place had been decorated for Christmas since after Halloween. After a stop at the comic book shop, then Modell’s Sporting Goods for a package of sweat socks, it was off to the food court which was packed at a hair after twelve, I went to a brand new eatery there, Popeye’s as I was curious about their chicken breast sandwich which had gotten boatloads of press when it first came out a couple of months ago and quickly sold out, all things considered, it was pretty good, I’d put it ahead of offerings from the likes of Wendy’s, McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, Arby’s and Burger King, not bad, not bad at all. I can understand what all the fuss was about, I’ll certainly have to have that again on a future trip. After lunch, a leisurely walk through the crowded mall took me to Old Navy where I bought a sharp, black wool peacoat to wear in the winter months to come, and a cute slipdress for spring and summer. As I became more and more involved in freestyling, I became driven with making sure I wear not so much as one stitch of men’s clothing on my outings, from outerwear to underwear, and that meant making sure I had a women’s coat for cold days, and this new purchase should fill the prescription quite nicely.

At Primark, I kinda sorta broke a promise. I know I said in past posts that I wouldn’t buy any more skirts as I was sloooooowly transitioning to wearing dresses full time on my outings, but I saw a couple of cute numbers there, one plaid, the other a cream cable knit that I couldn’t resist. However, I balanced that out by adding a cream cable knit sweater dress which should work nicely on cold days that are on the way. A pretty good haul if a do say so myself, and I can’t wait to show off my new purchases. More to come....

Jaunt #526, outfit-3.jpg

Jaunt #526, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #526, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 2

I like the monochromatic undertone of black.  You look good and your spirit looks vibrant.  Well done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I like the monochromatic undertone of black.  You look good and your spirit looks vibrant.  Well done. 

Thanks! I always feel happy when I’m wearing a skirt (or dress) and heels!  :happy:

Edited by JeffB