JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

Nice look JeffB. I like the white sock look above your boots, that adds some bling to your ensemble. I wore a similar ensemble with my Born, black women's western style, pull on boots with 3-1/2" small block heels, grey leggings with a black heather color, 1/4 zip fleece top and a women's, black cropped leather jacket. I carried a grey leather cross body bag. I got a compliment on my look at the gas station filling up my tank. The gal clerk who sees me in heels often said, "nice look with the leggings and boots". Of course I thanked her, for the compliment.

Thanks for the post and the pics too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #482, 1/5/2019: Since the conditions were less than ideal, I took the easy way out and headed west to the King of Prussia Mall so I'd be indoors the whole time. After all this time, well over thirty straight trips to KOP in skirts, dresses and now leggings, I’ve gotten so used to going there in women’s clothing, I can’t bring myself to wear anything else, I feel so comfortable freestyling at the largest shopping mall on the east coast, not to mention that it’s a lot of fun as well, and fun is why I do what I do. Arriving at the mall shortly after eleven, things were slow, and, as is almost always the case, no one paid me a lick of attention, something I never fail to see as a good thing, because that meant I was accepted by the public for my presentation, or, more than likely, no one cared about a tall, middle aged black man in a miniskirt, and that was okay too. After my first stop at the comic book store, it was off to the food court for lunch where I treated myself to a slice of pepperoni pizza with a bottle of iced tea, and it was mighty tasty, then I went about leisurely wandering through the mall, swinging into three department stores (Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Bloomingdales), checking out what they had in the way of ponchos as I’ve been intrigued of late about wearing them after having decided they looked good on me. While I didn’t buy anything, I did see a goodly number of nice selections to take under consideration for a future purchase.

But, I didn’t come away from my mall outing empty handed as I made a stop at Primark where I bought a sweater, a second pair of black, velvet lined leggings which feel absolutely delicious to wear, and a cute, black quilted satchel bag (on sale for a mere seven bucks) which I figure will pair nicely with either my quilted vest or quilted coat. I’ll be sure to show it off at my earliest opportunity. On average, I spend around four hours at KOP, and the time seems to always fly because I have so much fun. More to come....

Jaunt #482, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #482, outfit-2.jpg

I know what you mean people shopping often are to self absorbed about what they are looking for. Most times they aren't interested in observing a man dressed in woman clothes. Although i'm sure some mall employees seen you many times before and notice what style you bring to the mall. 

When i go to mall outside of town wearing my heel booties i notice the employees in empty store observe people pass on by. Remember once couple female SA at small boutique stared with shock disbelief upon the heel booties i had on. While never entering the store they watched me walk by one telling the other it's him. Gather they recognize me from my earlier visits to the mall. Yet most female SA or newbies react in utter shock as one points me out to the terror of the other. Used to to the teen or college age SA making it a big deal with my outfit seeing they never observed male in heels before at least outfitted in skinny jeans like me. 

Memorable time when walking across storefront at the mall and unsuspecting female posh black SA all dolled up was tidying up the place. When another SA who seen me before nudged pointing the SA towards out the store front as i passed. The look at the black posh SA was priceless. In my mind she looked the part of being stylish and fashionable not hair out of place real judge of fashion. The other SA who pointed me out seemed to have great pleasure noticing her co-workers utter frozen stare upon me as i walked by. Had inkling that the fashionista SA observing me had to notice guys can wear feminine outfits just as well as female counterpart. While i had fun being recognized either strictly for shock value or fashionably trendy it was amusing for it all unfold in front of me.

What's the point to be all outfitted when none notices or cares to look. Feel it's bit disappointing yet the reactions i gather it's always fun to notice others are observing me. Bad or good who cares as long they see me and i feel comfortable and happy what i have on. Even doing a comparison with other woman what they are wearing is fashionable, fun or something i like to copy or have new idea to wear. Find it also way for me to gauge and other fashion conscious woman to look for reactions from  one another. When we observe other well outfitted people in the mall we have sense of kinship for lack of a better term. We recognize what we wear from one another and observe one's reactions either approving or not. It validates our style when someone focuses for example a pair of leather black heel court pumps a woman was walking passed me. She looked at her new heels self conscious if her casual outfit worked well together i assumed. While she notices me in my black booties maybe having found her dressier heels to formal for the mall while liking my booties looking more  trendy and comfortable noticing my confident stride and expression. Yet i'm sure we both recognized and read each others reactions and what we were wearing. Yet it was happening when just walking towards one another in passing is all it took to feel validated by someone who cares about their appearance or style like them, ever notice that or am i projecting to much?

Edited by MackyHeels

Jaunt #483, 1/12/2019: With winter holding the region in its grip, along with snow on the way, I thought I’d get in an outing, even though temps struggled to crack 30, conditions were perfect to wear a miniskirt, nothing else came to mind for this jaunt as I wore a quilted, black coat with a fur collar over a dark gray turtleneck, my black 15 inch denim miniskirt, gray leggings, a black satchel bag, a light gray scarf and my newest footwear acquisition, the Payless “Zayden” over-the-knee, flat heeled boots in black faux suede. While the concept of OTK boots on a fellow who stands six foot two might be a bit of false advertising, nevertheless, the boots looked good on me and, more importantly, they were comfortable and easy to wear. Oh, yeah, I caught a great sale as they were on clearance, so I spent all of fifteen bucks on them before shipping. Pretty darn cool, eh?

As I previously mentioned, it was awful darn cold outside, but I was good and warm in my outfit, thanks to the new coat, scarf (which I had fun wearing), leggings and boots, and I felt I looked stylish as well, I wouldn’t have left the house if I didn’t. When I don women’s clothes on my little adventures, I obsess over looking my very best so I don’t stick out like a sore thumb, hopping in the car, I changed up my usual routine and motored downtown and over the Ben Franklin Bridge into South Jersey and to the multiplex across from the Cherry Hill Mall where I watched the Transformers prequel, Bumblebee which I liked more than I thought I would. After the movie, I drove across the road to the mall, predictably packed on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch at Saladworks in the food court, then I indulged in a long, leisurely stroll through the mall, winding up in the Apple Store where I checked out the newest incarnation of the iPhone X and MacBook Air, both of which I liked a lot, but all I left with was a $25 App Store gift card for myself, on my way back, I stopped in JCPenney for some more shopping, having come away with a cowl neck sweater tunic which I figure will look good with my leggings and cool looking poncho, I’ll be sure to show off both at my earliest opportunity.

Driving back into town, I made my way to the Rittenhouse Square Park area and, after some twenty minutes spent looking for a space, I parked some two blocks away from the park and headed to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where I enjoyed a lively chat with the staff about the Eagles’ win in Chicago last Sunday in the first round of the NFL playoffs before heading out with the week’s newest books. It felt chillier than it had been earlier in the day, but I was still good comfort wise, if anyone stared, I’m sure someone wondered how I could stand to wear a short skirt on such a frosty cold day, but I was nice and warm, again, wearing anything other than a mini was a nonstarter, regardless of the weather, that’s just how I roll. More to come....

Jaunt #483, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #483, outfit-2.jpg

zayden.jpg

• Like 2

@JeffB - between the  sweater, the mini and the boots - that's a super outfit, one I personally like very much!!

• Like 1

Nice  look JeffB. I like the grey and black color combo look, on your ensemble. Well done!

Well it's cold and was snowy here, too. I went out wearing my UGGS, " Seldon" lined knee boots. These are not your ugly, UGGS boots that most of the girls wear about, these days. They are a nice looking leather, with back zippers and with the lining are very warm for cold weather wearing. With a 2" big block heel, they are great for winter weather. I have them in black and brown. Go great with leggings and skinny jeans.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluejay said:

Nice  look JeffB. I like the grey and black color combo look, on your ensemble. Well done!

Well it's cold and was snowy here, too. I went out wearing my UGGS, " Seldon" lined knee boots. These are not your ugly, UGGS boots that most of the girls wear about, these days. They are a nice looking leather, with back zippers and with the lining are very warm for cold weather wearing. With a 2" big block heel, they are great for winter weather. I have them in black and brown. Go great with leggings and skinny jeans.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice - I just looked them up. I like the back zipper

• Like 1

JeffB wouldn't worry about what people's beliefs when attiring a mini skirt. Doubt anyone is thinking about the attires appropriateness in colder temperatures. In fact wearing them grey leggings  warms you plenty depending on the denier.

Ever think of purchasing wool or cotton cable knit leggings or tights? 

7ef2f99119202027c103da4c032dc229.jpg05975d8b5a1cc071c4b6714b930f7b15--yellow

Whenever i see gal in cable knit leggings often worn in winter months with tunic or skirt as you shown. Light contrast with black skirt and grey leggings works very well. Nothing wrong with your outfit.

Went out doing errands also in my suede tan Westin Rag & bone booties, Parajumpers parka bomber jacket fur hood and super tight AG cropped distressed, light blue jeggings. The reactions were surprisingly pleasant from housewives shopping in fact some gave me notable smiles in store isles.  Wasn't over the top attired with any heels on, but my feminine attire was clearly noticed. Yet many never paid attention while others liking the subdued outfit often being young woman paired with their mother glancing upon me intrigued.

Paying close attention  upon various woman from my outing such as costco and other store's many were not impeccably dressed. Like  JeffB wrote you enjoy looking your best no matter where you tread, as i. 

21 hours ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #483, 1/12/2019: 

As I previously mentioned, it was awful darn cold outside, but I was good and warm in my outfit, thanks to the new coat, scarf (which I had fun wearing), leggings and boots, and I felt I looked stylish as well, I wouldn’t have left the house if I didn’t. When I don women’s clothes on my little adventures, I obsess over looking my very best so I don’t stick out like a sore thumb, h...

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

Cable knit leggings, eh? Hmm! Interesting! I'll have to look for those! I'm sure I can make them work! Thanks for the suggestion, MackyHeels!

9 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

JeffB wouldn't worry about what people's beliefs when attiring a mini skirt. Doubt anyone is thinking about the attires appropriateness in colder temperatures. In fact wearing them grey leggings  warms you plenty depending on the denier.

Ever think of purchasing wool or cotton cable knit leggings or tights? 

7ef2f99119202027c103da4c032dc229.jpg05975d8b5a1cc071c4b6714b930f7b15--yellow

Whenever i see gal in cable knit leggings often worn in winter months with tunic or skirt as you shown. Light contrast with black skirt and grey leggings works very well. Nothing wrong with your outfit.

Went out doing errands also in my suede tan Westin Rag & bone booties, Parajumpers parka bomber jacket fur hood and super tight AG cropped distressed, light blue jeggings. The reactions were surprisingly pleasant from housewives shopping in fact some gave me notable smiles in store isles.  Wasn't over the top attired with any heels on, but my feminine attire was clearly noticed. Yet many never paid attention while others liking the subdued outfit often being young woman paired with their mother glancing upon me intrigued.

Paying close attention  upon various woman from my outing such as costco and other store's many were not impeccably dressed. Like  JeffB wrote you enjoy looking your best no matter where you tread, as i. 

Your welcome Jeff. The texture of the tights would give you the perception of cozy warmth attire, rather your sleek cold, smooth leggings you shown wearing. 

Remembered when I was younger my mom bought me and my sister exact cable knit tights different colours grey, burgundy, navy blue. . Wore them under my UFO overalls to school. Only problem was when changing in gym class I was being teased for wearing woman pantyhose. Which I relentlessly defended to my classmates as same as long john’s. Even conversations carried over after gym class to my academic time. Everyone, I talked to girls would be aware of my cable knit tights lifting my pant leg up.. While I tried to convince everyone in class it’s perfectly fine and normal going to student to student one by one. Almost had everyone on my side except one bully mocking me. Eventually his poison words  changed the minds of other classmates. Then it got warmer I stopped wearing it as many mocked me as pantyhose boy. Only good thing came out of it was one student took interest liking the cable knit tights wanting to wear it also. Got me closer to other females in the classroom as we both were wearing essentially same tights. 

Do lfeel it is a nice look. Paired with a navy or dark coloured tunic and suede heels would make for great outfit in winter freezing temperatures. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

Cable knit leggings, eh? Hmm! Interesting! I'll have to look for those! I'm sure I can make them work! Thanks for the suggestion, MackyHeels!

JeffB. I have a couple pairs of cable knit tights from Hue. Very warm when the temp is only in the teens for a high, which it was here the last several days. As far as leggings go for this time of the year, I'll wear my fleece lined leggings, when temps are that cold or wear tights under unlined leggings or skinny jeans. Got to keep your legs warm

I bought several pairs of fleece lined leggings from Amazon, in a rainbow of colors to match with my colorful tops, I wear. They're relative inexpensive at $12.00 per pair. The only store that I've seen fleece lined or heavy weight leggings is Kohl's, but their color choices are limited to black, brown, dark grey, navy and denim. I wanted red, tan. purple, light blue, royal blue, teal, white, burgundy, taupe, yellow/ gold, orange and mauve. I got them all.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

@JeffB,

I just got some cable knit knee highs and they are billed as "cozy" socks. I have tried them on and they are very cozy.

• Like 1

JeffB,

Nice looks as always! Sorry to see your Eagles lose to the Saints. They looked great early on but Saints made their adjustments and won the game. They still had trouble with the Eagles though. If the Chiefs and Saints get through to the SB everyone should  put their seat belts on as I would reckon it could the highest scoring SB anyone has ever seen. We'll see. Something to break the winter doldrums. HinH

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'll see about finding cable knit leggings this weekend. Nothing like a shopping expedition for lots of fun!

HappyinHeels: After the Eagles were curbstomped in New Orleans 48-7 two months ago, no one, including me thought the Birds would even make the playoffs after they fell to 4-6. So, for them to have gotten as far as they had was an accomplishment in itself. I'm also hoping for a Chiefs-Saints Super Bowl, and that Andy Reid finally wins the Big Game.

Of course if the Bears had a placekicker worth his salt, the Eagles would not have been playing.  That said, I was rooting for them to upset the Saints.  And after watching the Rams and Cowboys, I think the Bears would have had a good shot at beating them again had they won.  Not sure if they could have handled the Saints though!

Get over Da Bears. Do you know how hard it is to hit two bars with one kick?

As a soccer coach I saw a ball hit both vertical bars of a goal and bounced out. We lose by 1.

Edited by Cali

True Bears fans never get over stuff like that....lol.

Edited by RonC

Happy to see you still around JeffB, I'd like to say that among your latest pictures I liked the taller boots most. Maybe is because of the socks you're wearing with the low boots but, that's me. I really love the way you wear whatever floats your boat. Kudos my friend. I feel nice to be around again.

• Like 1

Yup, I'm still around, flavio! Good to see you again!

Jaunt #484, 1/26/2019: So, winter continues on, but, it’s been dry as in, precious little snow, and that makes me happy, even though I’m not looking forward to my next heating bill. With plenty of sunshine and temps in the mid 30's with biting winds, I figured being indoors on an outing would be a good idea, so I decided to head to the King of Prussia Mall, garbed in my black leather jacket over a magenta cowl neck sweater tunic, black velvet lined leggings, a black quilted satchel bag and my newest footwear acquisition from Payless, the “Ripley” short slouch boots in gray with three and a half inch cone heels. I had my eye on these boots since before Christmas, but was undecided on both the shafts and the oddly shaped heels, something I’ve rarely seen, but went ahead and purchased a pair which I ultimately found to have been quite stylish while the shafts were tailor made for leggings and the heels grew on me.

I arrived at the mall shortly before eleven a.m. as the Saturday crowd was building and, as usual, was paying me zero attention, which was fine by me as I like blending in with the crowd. After a stop at the comic book shop, followed by Modell’s to buy a couple of sweatshirts, it was off to the food court for lunch where I treated myself to a slice of pepperoni pizza and a bottle of iced tea. Ahhh, tasty! Now, I’m going to let everyone in on something I don’t think I’ve mentioned, a store in particular I regularly visit is called Lolli & Pops, a store that sells all sorts of candy and sweets, including offerings from Asia and Europe, but my favorite are mini gummi bears which I almost always buy when I go there as I’m a regular customer. Here’s that something: one of the salespersons, a beefy, bearded, thirtysomething fellow who knows me by sight always refers to me as Miss, not MR., but MISS. Now, as everyone here knows, I never attempt to look like a woman, not even on those rare occasions when I wear lipstick, I only want to dress like a woman, that distinction is important to me as a fashion freestyler, so for someone to refer to me with a feminine pronoun, I always find myself mildly amused, however, I’ve never bothered to correct that fellow, maybe I’m kooky, but, I kinda like being called Miss.

Having made my purchase, I left the store, then encountered a couple of twentysomething black women, one of whom gushed over my boots in passing, I grinned and thanked her, pleased at having been complimented on my footwear. The rest of my outing at the mall over the next couple of hours was uneventful, just like I prefer it, I don’t want or expect to be treated any different from everyone else, that’s all I ask, all I want. Oh, yeah, and have fun while I’m at it as well. More to come....

ripley.jpg

Jaunt #484, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #484, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

@JeffB - I really like your outfit! The boots are very cute, they really suit you, and go SO well on those tight legs of yours ;-) 

I've noted that most of the comments you get and report back to us, are generally from black people - I surely don't mean to come across as racist or anything, just picking up on how you report it to us.... but its interesting!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeremy1986 said:

@JeffB - I really like your outfit! The boots are very cute, they really suit you, and go SO well on those tight legs of yours ;-) 

I've noted that most of the comments you get and report back to us, are generally from black people - I surely don't mean to come across as racist or anything, just picking up on how you report it to us.... but its interesting!  

Don't worry about that. I guess black women understand style better than most, even when they see men wearing skirts and heels. I appreciate that nonetheless.

Just now, JeffB said:

Don't worry about that. I guess black women understand style better than most, even when they see men wearing skirts and heels. I appreciate that nonetheless.

Good for you ;-)

and yes - take the compliment from wherever it comes - you deserve it!

• Like 1

The only positive comments I got when wearing  my heel publicly came  from black women. 

All negative ones from white men.

all suspicious glances ,from white women. 

I get compliments from everybody. Example: I had campus wide meetings this pass week. At breakfast I sat with a friend (black) I hadn't seen for some time so we could catch up. First thing she did was grab my hand to look at my nails, then showed me hers and we chatted a bit about "sparkles" before really catching up on events. Later that day I was exchanging forms with a male (white) and he stopped to tell me that his wife (who i know also) was telling him just that morning that blue-grey was the in color. I have blue-grey sparkle nails.

I have been wearing heels openly for over four years now and I am known to wear different heels almost everyday. I have several women that will almost always stop me and ask to see what heels I have on and what color my nails are. Some are Asian, some are black, some are white, and some are ...

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

Aside from any appreciation of style etc, could it be that white people might be less willing to comment to Jeff because it might be interpreted as racist?   Or, contrariwise, that black people would be more comfortable doing so because there would be no suggestion of racism?   (It is unfortunate that so many people feel constrained from normal social comment and action these days for fear that it might be misconstrued as sexist, racist or in some other way offensive.   The fact that Jeremy felt it prudent to issue a disclaimer before saying anything speaks for itself, not that he was wrong to do so.)

• Like 1

I've gotten compliments from white women and black women, heck, I've even gotten a rare good word from men as well.

Nice look JeffB. I've gotten compliments from both white women and black women and sometimes men too. I think that your right about black women being more style conscious. I still remember an encounter with a black woman a couple years ago in a Sears store.  I was trying on a pair of heels and she told me that I really rock, in those shoes. BTW she was from Baltimore and a  big Ravens fan, visiting her relatives. I had a Buffalo Bills  polo shirt on. So a convo about football took place along with the shoe shopping.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

Jaunt #485, 2/9/2019: I’ve probably said this more than a few times in the past, but I feel that every time I go out on a jaunt, I look at it as not just an adventure, but an experiment to see just how far I can push the envelope when it comes to fashion freestyling. Today was no different as, on a sunny but frosty Saturday, I headed to the King of Prussia Mall, garbed n my black leather jacket over a dark gray turtleneck, a 15 inch denim miniskirt with a studded hem, 100 denier black tights, Payless “Terri” ankle boots in black and a black satchel bag. What about that experiment you ask? I decided to be bold and wore lipstick as you can see below. Nothing flashy, mind you, just a subdued, smear proof matte shade I bought at the neighborhood drug store a couple of weeks earlier. I don’t wear lipstick often, only when the mood strikes, and even then, perhaps only two or three times a year, but I was curious to see if people at the largest mall on the east coast would notice.

I arrived at the mall garage shortly after eleven a.m., hopped out of the car and walked right inside. It was hard to keep from smiling because it was so much fun to saunter through the mall in a skirt and heels, in fact, the notion of wearing men’s clothes at KOP is a totally alien and unfamiliar concept to me, it’s either women’s clothes, head to toe, or I don’t go there, simple as that. The place was already fairly packed and bustling, did anyone take active notice of me with lipstick on? That would be a big, fat nope, not even in the food court which was already packed with hungry shoppers, a mild surprise I must admit, and that made the outing all the more enjoyable. The lip color being smear proof came in handy as I had a salad and a bottle of water, and not a bit came off, neither on the fork I used with the salad or the straw I sipped my water through. Pretty darn cool. My leisurely wandering through the mall took me to Old Navy where I bought a couple of nice dresses on sale for a grand total of twenty-two bucks, both of which I figure will come in handy once the weather warms up, then to Primark where I purchased a new handbag as a freestyler can never have enough purses.

Nearly three hours into my outing, I passed by a twentysomething white woman who grinned and said, “Love your boots”. So much for people noticing my lips being painted, still, I found the compliment welcome, so I smiled and thanked the woman in passing. Perhaps guys wearing lipstick is no big deal after all, that said, maybe I'll wear it more often, maybe, that would certainly add a new dimension to my fashion freestyling. More to come....

Jaunt #485, outfit-1.JPG

Jaunt #485, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #485, outfit-3.jpg

Not too surprised your lips may have gone unnoticed. If you look people in the eyes when out and about they'll usually will look down somewhat or off to the side. In general people really don't like to make eye contact with strangers.

I always hold my head high when I'm out in heels and tend to be more aware of my surroundings and I've noticed this year's ago. Have even caught myself doing it too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Not too surprised your lips may have gone unnoticed. If you look people in the eyes when out and about they'll usually will look down somewhat or off to the side. In general people really don't like to make eye contact with strangers.

I always hold my head high when I'm out in heels and tend to be more aware of my surroundings and I've noticed this year's ago. Have even caught myself doing it too.

Sound advice. I always hold my head high too. There’s no shame whatsoever in what I do, in fact, I take great pride in my freestyling. I wouldn’t do so if I didn’t.