JeffB

The Jaunts of JeffB!

Jaunt #465, 10/14/2018: With the hometown Eagles having played (and won) Thursday night and Sunday’s slate of NFL games less than appealing, I decided to go out on an outing to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, garbed in a black sheath dress from Old Navy, magenta tights, the Payless “Martinez” booties in black and a matching handbag. I spiced things up some by adding a long string of pearls with earrings to match and lipstick. Regarding the latter, I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like putting color on my lips every now and then. I wanted to look fancy, classy, really dressed up, and that makes me feel very good inside.

Now, the timing for my visit to the museum couldn’t have been better as a new exhibit opened called “Fabulous Fashion: From Dior’s New Look To Now” which is about exotic, glamorous and contemporary fashions from the 1950’s to the present day with all sorts of amazing dresses and gowns on display from the likes of Dior, De La Renta, Givenchy and more, a true fashion smorgasbord for someone like me. Since I’m a member, I got to see the exhibit early before it opens to the public on the 16th, and because I’ve dedicated myself to wearing women’s clothes and love how I look in them, I found the exhibit to have been absolutely amazing, I felt like I was right at home among all those wonderful dresses and gowns that I couldn’t help but imagine myself wearing. By the by, I took a goodly number of pictures from the exhibit on my trusty iPhone, I’ll see about posting them for everyone here to see. Oh, and while I was in the exhibit, a thirtysomething guy walked by, and with a grin said, “You look fabulous!” I smiled back and thanked him, feeling good about getting a compliment from a man. As always, being in the museum was an experience, one I enjoy because there’s so much to see, and I do the best I can to see as much as possible, two hours in while I was in the European Art section from the 1500’s, a twentysomething woman smiled at me, saying she loved my tights and how they went well with my dress, then added, “You could give some of my girlfriends pointers on how to dress up.” That made me chuckle and I thanked her, my confidence boosted by compliments from both genders.

After just under four hours which, to me, seemed to fly by, I called it a day and left, predictably, I don’t think I saw everything, I never do, but hey, that’s no big deal, that just gives a reason to return, and soon because the museum is such a terrific place to visit. And I’m already eager to see that fashion exhibit again because it’s amazing and speaks to me as a freestyler and a lover of women’s clothes since that’s what I enjoy wearing. More to come....

Jaunt #465, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #465, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #465, outfit-3.JPG

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You do look good in your dress! I'm not surprised you got such complimemts, and the tights are a nice touch. Nice lipstick too, you should wear it all the time, and perhaps a wig to complete the look! :happy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

You do look good in your dress! I'm not surprised you got such complimemts, and the tights are a nice touch. Nice lipstick too, you should wear it all the time, and perhaps a wig to complete the look! :happy:

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I’m just doing things right. As for the lipstick, that’s just a once in a blue moon kind of thing. Regarding a wig, nahhhhhh! I’ll pass on that.

Wearing a wig would, in my opinion, put you a into more "deviant" category. More one of a "across dresser" than the one that you occupy,  that of a man that wears women,s clothing because he wants to than a man trying to appear to be a woman.  

• Like 1

Jaunt #466, 10/19/2018: This all important anniversary came up on me so fast, I almost neglected it, but I didn’t, thankfully. It was ten years ago yesterday that I began this thread where I began my chronicles as a fashion freestyler. Hard to believe I’ve been at this for as long as I have, when I launched the thread, I had no idea where I would take it, or how long I’d even be doing this thing, and yet, here I am. Amazing. My journey and evolution as a freestyler has been nothing short of remarkable, a decade ago, I was all men’s clothing with women’s shoes, a pair of four inch heeled pumps from Payless that I wore to the King of Prussia Mall, yesterday, I was all women’s clothes and footwear with a men’s jacket, the ensemble being a forest green cowl neck dress from Old Navy, black tights and the Payless “Terri” ankle boots in black and a satchel bag.

Ten years ago, I would never have imagined myself wearing a dress on my outings, today, it’s almost to the point where I can’t imagine wearing anything else. That’s how far I’ve come in my evolution, something I saw as necessary, I’ve said this on more than one or two occasions, if I stuck with just wearing the shoes, I would’ve gotten bored and eventually stopped altogether, but, my migration from men’s clothing on my outings to skirts and now dresses opened all new venues for me as a freestyler, and I’ve NEVER had more fun than I am right now. As for this outing, it’s rare that I go to the mall on a weekday, so I wasn’t prepared for how, well, empty and quiet the place was when I arrived shortly before eleven a.m. and how few people were in the place, but then, I should’ve anticipated that, given people being at work and kids in school, still, it made for a nice change of pace from how hectic it was on weekends. After a stop at the comic book shop, I strolled into Payless which was right next door to see what they had, but, as is often the case, suburban stores rarely go past size 12 unlike stores in the city that do go up to 13, but I like to check anyway on the off chance things might have chanced, but they didn’t. Oh well, no big deal.

Even the food court was quiet and only a quarter full at nearly noon when I went there for lunch, I did get a couple of stares from an elderly couple, but nothing more enjoyable than that. My wanderings through the mall after lunch, not quite hustling and bustling because the crowds weren’t all that, led me to a familiar shopping haunt at Old Navy where I bought yet another summer camidress on sale for $14.99 and something kilty will appreciate, a women’s jacket which was on sale from $59.99 down to $34.99. Not too bad. I’ll be sure to show it off as soon as I can. My last stop of the day was at Primark which had a goodly number of pleather skirts on the racks, but I ignored them in favor of a cute, ribbed swing dress in green for just $12.99, I’ll show that off too. As for the thread, I'll be continuing it for the forseeable future, mainly because I'm having a boatload of fun telling everyone here about my adventures in women's clothes. Needless to say, more to come....

Jaunt #466, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #466, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

You look good in the green dress, can't wait so see how the jacket looks! You rocked the look today! ☆☆☆

• Like 1

jeremy and SkirtDude: Thanks for the kind words!

Jaunt #467, 10/20/2018: Even though this is a forum devoted to high heels and the men who proudly wear them, I went the other way. Allow me to explain, for years, I’ve longed to get my hands on a pair of traditional women’s penny loafers, why, you ask? Maybe it has some to do with my longtime fondness for Japan and it’s culture and the fact loafers are the shoe of choice for scores of Japanese schoolgirls. Unusual? Sure, but it has been a desire to have a pair of those shoes for my own, but they’ve been hard to find as traditional loafers didn’t come in size 13 and thought I’d never realize that desire until I stumbled onto a website called Long Tall Sally which specializes in clothes and shoes for tall women, and, as luck would have it, they offered the shoes I sought, the “Vivian” chain trim loafers which, as you can see in the picture below, possess a rather unique styling, attracting me to them.

Another reason to wear those shoes came down to my favorite tenet of fashion freestyling: “If the streets ain’t dry, then my heels ain’t high”. We had some light steady rain here through the early portion of the morning, so I had a reason to go with flat heels which I paired with an Old Navy sueded-knit moto jacket which I bought on Friday in black over a black mockneck, an H & M 18 inch checked skirt, black tights and a black handbag. There was a bit of a chill in the air, making the new jacket a treat to wear as it kept me comfortable, and it looked good with the rest of the outfit. Meanwhile, as much as I enjoy going barelegged in spring and summer, wearing tights, especially black tights accentuates my long legs to perfection, most of all when wearing a short skirt. Driving into downtown, I parked a couple of blocks from Rittenhouse Square Park around a quarter past eleven, then walked to Barnes & Noble where I bought a basketball magazine and renewed my membership that offered me discounts on everything I buy there. Next came lunch down at One Liberty Place where I enjoyed a salad and a bottle of water from Saladworks, while there, I did get a few funny looks and giggles from a bunch of teenagers but nothing more than that.

Returning to the car, it was off to South Jersey, first to the multiplex across from Cherry Hill Mall where I watched Halloween which was surprisingly good and seriously scary, just like the original forty years ago, then I swung over to the mall and JCPenney where I bought a women’s black faux leather jacket which looked really sharp and sleek, even better, it was on sale, discounted from $120 down to $84, and, at the register, I got another 30 percent off, so I would up spending just under $59 bucks total. Not bad. I did some wandering through the mall which was plenty crowded but no one raised a fuss or even gave me an odd look. My last stop of the day was to Sears at Moorestown Mall where I did more shopping, adding a black wool coat to the haul, and that looked cool too. So now, I’m proud to say that my outerwear is from the Ladies’ side of the store as well as everything else I wear on my outings, and I take great pride in that. More to come....

Jaunt #467, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #467, outfit-2.jpg

LTS-vivian.jpg

• Like 1

Love this look, Jeff! Skirt looks cute and that is a lovely coat. That's the beauty of black tights if you wear something that short, it's not an issue. You are good dealing with laughter from the younger girls, probably jealous of your legs and fabulous jacket :happy: I have a skirt like that, but knee length... knee length pencils would really suit you as well. Shoes are nice as well 8)

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

You definitely look better in shorter outfits Jeff.  Well done!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, SkirtDude said:

Love this look, Jeff! Skirt looks cute and that is a lovely coat. That's the beauty of black tights if you wear something that short, it's not an issue. You are good dealing with laughter from the younger girls, probably jealous of your legs and fabulous jacket :happy: I have a skirt like that, but knee length... knee length pencils would really suit you as well. Shoes are nice as well 8)

I have tights in gray and magenta, but I love wearing black most since they make my legs look dynamic, especially when I sport a short hemline.

7 hours ago, Mr. X said:

You definitely look better in shorter outfits Jeff.  Well done!

Thanks for the kind words. I'll see what I can do about wearing shorter skirts/dresses in the future.

Jaunt #468, 11/3/2018: I’ve said this numerous times here, and I’ll say it again: every time I undertake an outing, I see it as another opportunity to push the envelope in terms of what I can wear from the women’s side of the store. Case in point: I went to King of Prussia on this jaunt, I’ve worn skirts there and I’ve worn dresses there, but, on this occasion, I completed the fashion freestyling trifecta by wearing the combination of a long sweater and leggings, the former burgundy, and the latter black with faux leather side panels which I paired with my new women’s faux leather jacket from JCPenney, the Bellini “Sable” three inch heeled ankle boots and a black satchel bag. I found this to have been one of the more dynamic outfits I’ve worn, giving me a chance to show off my legs in those delightfully snug leggings which paired well with the Bellini boots, and, I like to think I looked pretty darn good.

There wasn’t much of a crowd at KOP Mall when I arrived shortly before eleven, but then, that’s par for the course as the crowds grow over the course of several hours. At the comic book shop, I chatted with the staff about the long awaited release of Batman: The Animated Series on Blu-Ray, the food court was pretty well packed with diners when I arrived there for lunch, but no one gave me any odd looks as I ate. Part of the fun that comes with an outing to the mall is enjoying a slow, leisurely walk through the place, window shopping, wandering into a store that strikes my fancy here and there. My travels eventually took me to Old Navy to see if I find something that piques my interest, and I did, choosing a gray striped three quarter length sleeved dress and a cute boatneck sweater in beige to wear with leggings, as it turned out, a woman in her forties picked out the very same sweater, smiled at me and said I had good taste, I chuckled and said “likewise” to her. My last stop at the mall was to a drug store to buy batteries for my smoke detectors at home since the clocks are turned back this weekend, and I always change the batteries when Daylight Savings Time rolls around.

I was pleased at having worn what I thought was a daring outfit at the mall, and that gives me proper encouragement to wearing something like that again on a future trip as, when it comes to women’s clothes, there’s just about no limit to what I can wear. Within reason, of course. More to come....

Jaunt #468, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #468, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 4

Jaunt #469, 11/4/2018: With the Eagles on their bye week after beating Jacksonville in London last week, I thought this would be a good time to take care of a couple of errands and goof off for a bit before the late afternoon high scoring matinee battle between New Orleans and the L.A. Rams. And for a second straight outing, I left the skirts and dresses behind and opted for a long sweater (turquoise) and leggings (black) which I paired with the new faux leather jacket I sported on Saturday’s outing, the Payless “Riot” combat boots and a black handbag. I had so much fun wearing the sweater/leggings ensemble, mainly because it shows off my legs, I couldn’t wait to go out in that again, meanwhile the “Riot” boots have grown on me, they’re also fun to wear, the two inch block heels are easy and comfortable and, yeah, they’re cute too.

My first stop was to the supermarket for a few odds and ends, there were a goodly number of young kids in the store, and most of them stared at me in puzzlement, but hey, I’m long used to that, so it was no big deal. From there, I swung by the main branch of the Philadelphia Post Office (which is open on Sunday) to buy a couple of money orders, the line was pretty long as ten people were ahead of me, but none of them paid me any attention as I awaited my turn at the counter to make my purchase. Once I took care of that, I headed downtown and my regular haunt at Rittenhouse Square, I needed some fifteen minutes to find a spot, half a block away from the park as fate would have it. The air was a wee bit brisk despite plenty of sunshine, so I went for a leisurely stroll down to One Liberty Place and Saxbys for a cup of their excellent hot chocolate which I enjoyed with my new Amazon Kindle e-reader. Twenty minutes later, I headed back to the park and sought a bench to occupy to continue reading, after another twenty minutes, it was time to return to my car, as I headed out of the park, I passed a group of twentysomethings, one of them, a black girl, grinned and said I looked fabulous, I smiled back and thanked her.

I must say (again) that I had a lot of fun wearing that sweater/leggings combo, I felt perfectly comfortable and at home in that outfit, and, more importantly, I felt good in it to boot, and that’s what makes fashion freestyling such a satisfying treat, and why I love wearing women’s clothes. More to come....

Jaunt #469, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #469, outfit-2.jpg

On 11/4/2018 at 4:10 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #468, 11/3/2018: I’ve said this numerous times here, and I’ll say it again: every time I undertake an outing, I see it as another opportunity to push the envelope in terms of what I can wear from the women’s side of the store. Case in point: I went to King of Prussia on this jaunt, I’ve worn skirts there and I’ve worn dresses there, but, on this occasion, I completed the fashion freestyling trifecta by wearing the combination of a long sweater and leggings, the former burgundy, and the latter black with faux leather side panels which I paired with my new women’s faux leather jacket from JCPenney, the Bellini “Sable” three inch heeled ankle boots and a black satchel bag. I found this to have been one of the more dynamic outfits I’ve worn, giving me a chance to show off my legs in those delightfully snug leggings which paired well with the Bellini boots, and, I like to think I looked pretty darn good.

There wasn’t much of a crowd at KOP Mall when I arrived shortly before eleven, but then, that’s par for the course as the crowds grow over the course of several hours. At the comic book shop, I chatted with the staff about the long awaited release of Batman: The Animated Series on Blu-Ray, the food court was pretty well packed with diners when I arrived there for lunch, but no one gave me any odd looks as I ate. Part of the fun that comes with an outing to the mall is enjoying a slow, leisurely walk through the place, window shopping, wandering into a store that strikes my fancy here and there. My travels eventually took me to Old Navy to see if I find something that piques my interest, and I did, choosing a gray striped three quarter length sleeved dress and a cute boatneck sweater in beige to wear with leggings, as it turned out, a woman in her forties picked out the very same sweater, smiled at me and said I had good taste, I chuckled and said “likewise” to her. My last stop at the mall was to a drug store to buy batteries for my smoke detectors at home since the clocks are turned back this weekend, and I always change the batteries when Daylight Savings Time rolls around.

I was pleased at having worn what I thought was a daring outfit at the mall, and that gives me proper encouragement to wearing something like that again on a future trip as, when it comes to women’s clothes, there’s just about no limit to what I can wear. Within reason, of course. More to come....

Jaunt #468, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #468, outfit-2.jpg

I like this outfit on you. Looks awesome!  

• Like 2

Could JeffB be evolving into sweater/leggings/booties?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Could JeffB be evolving into sweater/leggings/booties?

Well, I won’t deny that’s a great look that I’ve made work in my own way, and I love wearing that ensemble, especially in fall and winter. However, I haven’t abandoned my skirts and dresses. 

• Like 1

I wish I could do the sweater/leggings/booties look to work. But I don't think I could do the leggings..maybe in a few years. So for now its the sweater/pants/booties-boots look.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Tunics black leggings combo with booties is staple most women wear when shopping. What i seen it usually accessorized with 3/4 length coat for modesty sake and knee high flat boots. JeffB you can try cable knit tights rather then leggings for those colder days shopping in gray colour works very well with any top or boot colours. 

What i heard woman enjoy wearing leggings when shopping only because they don't need to undress when trying outfits or risk any skin irritations from others trying on same clothes more hygenic. 

Nice work JeffB wait and see if you can top yourself from the earlier pictures... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cali said:

I wish I could do the sweater/leggings/booties look to work. But I don't think I could do the leggings..maybe in a few years. So for now its the sweater/pants/booties-boots look.

I consider myself fortunate I've been able to make this look work.

3 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Tunics black leggings combo with booties is staple most women wear when shopping. What i seen it usually accessorized with 3/4 length coat for modesty sake and knee high flat boots. JeffB you can try cable knit tights rather then leggings for those colder days shopping in gray colour works very well with any top or boot colours. 

What i heard woman enjoy wearing leggings when shopping only because they don't need to undress when trying outfits or risk any skin irritations from others trying on same clothes more hygenic. 

Nice work JeffB wait and see if you can top yourself from the earlier pictures... 

Thanks for the tips! I've take notes for a future shopping expedition.

Jaunt #470, 11/10/2018: Just when I thought I was evolving from wearing skirts to dresses, I went and got sidetracked as I think I’ve gotten hooked on wearing long sweaters and leggings. And, from the photo below, it’s not hard to see why as it’s a good look, one I only experimented with a few years ago, now I feel I have it down pat, and I love the end result, like with today’s outfit, a black leather jacket over a burgundy sweater, black, fleece lined leggings, the Payless “Riot” combat boots and a black handbag. Despite lots of sunshine, it was gusty and cold, but the leggings which I had bought only the day before kept my legs nice and warm as did the sweater and jacket, as for the boots, the more I wear them, the more I like them as they went well with the ensemble. I also added white socks worn just above the tops of the boots after seeing young women sport that accessory and thought it looked neat.

As for the outing, I had to take my car to the dealership for an oil change and take care of a minor recall issue, I arrived shortly before my 10:30 appointment time with my Kindle in my bag to keep me busy for what I figured to be a couple of hours, there were four people in the waiting area, no one them took notice of me. Around one p.m., a technician came to me and said a problem was found in the steering column that made it slightly loose and needed to be fixed, fortunately, I had an extended warranty, so it wouldn’t cost me anything, thank goodness, but that added another hour and a half to my wait time, so the work wasn’t done until almost two thirty, but hey, I only spent about $38.00, so it was all good. From there, I drove into town to visit my friendly neighborhood comic book shop, it was a good deal chillier with winds whipping through those concrete canyons, but I was still good and warm, however, I walked down to One Liberty Place to enjoy some hot chocolate from Saxbys before returning to my car and going home.

I suppose that by the time my next outing rolls around, I’ll be back to wearing skirts or dresses, but it’ll be a tad hard to resist the growing lure of long sweaters and leggings, something that could well be a staple of the winter weather that’s on the way. More to come....

Jaunt #470, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #470, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

Just when I thought I was evolving from wearing skirts to dresses, I went and got sidetracked as I think I’ve gotten hooked on wearing long sweaters and leggings.

I warn you to be careful with sweaters and leggings....LOL

But there is a compromise, long sweater dresses.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 10:34 AM, Cali said:

I warn you to be careful with sweaters and leggings....LOL

But there is a compromise, long sweater dresses.

Not a bad idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

Jaunt #471, 11/17/2018: After back to back to back outings in long sweaters and leggings, I returned to my staple of wearing skirts, my ensemble being my black leather jacket over a red turtleneck, a 16 inch black denim skirt with a distressed hem, light gray leggings, the Payless “Riot” combat boots (which I’ve come to love wearing) and a black handbag. After a surprise November snowfall on Thursday, it was plenty chilly, so I needed to dress warmly, especially since my original intention was to spend the day over in South Jersey, however, a half-marathon being run through the Art Museum area closed off vast areas of University City and I couldn’t get through, so I turned around and drove west to King of Prussia and the Mall instead. It’s always good to have a backup plan when things go south.

That change in plan resulted in my arriving at the mall a little past noon, and there was a solid crowd at in the place, including lots and lots of kids since Santa was in residence. As a result, I did get a stare here and there from younger eyes after I entered from the garage, otherwise, no one paid me any attention as I made a beeline to the food court for lunch which was absolutely packed with long lines almost everywhere, I decided to treat myself to a slice of pepperoni pizza, a rare occasion for me, and that sure did go down good with a bottle of iced tea. Because it was cold outside, I strolled into a sporting goods store where I bought two sets of long underwear and heavy socks, no, that’s not for pairing with my womenswear in case anyone was curious, just saying. However, I did buy some womenswear, namely a long sweater and three pairs of velvet lined leggings in black, gray and burgundy. I tried on a pair when I got back home and they felt absolutely great and will come in handy, what with winter right around the corner. More to come....

Jaunt #471, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #471, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

I strolled into a sporting goods store where I bought two sets of long underwear and heavy socks,

I have replaced my long underwear with leggings and UA tops. The leggings fit better! And thermal leggings are fantastic. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

wow @JeffB - love that tiny skirt on you!

There's a good reason that skirt was so tiny, it came from the Juniors section at Sears! I was genuinely surprised it fit, but it did, and it looked good!

16 hours ago, Cali said:

I have replaced my long underwear with leggings and UA tops. The leggings fit better! And thermal leggings are fantastic. 

Thanks for the suggestion!

JeffB,

Congratulation on your tenth anniversary last month. I've said before your contributions to this site coupled with the extraordinary number of views put you into a class of your own. You do a very tasteful job when going out in public.

I like sweater dresses and have two of them though I have not tried the leggings look.

It looks like your Eagles are suffering the curse of a bad year following a Super Bowl win. Green Bay is one of the few teams to have a great regular season following a Super Bowl win (15-1) only to be knocked out in the first round of the playoffs against the Giants. My wife and I were at Lambeau Field to see it happen :confused:. I don't think either of our teams is going anywhere this year. The Saints look unstoppable this season. HappyinHeels

Edited by HappyinHeels
missing word
  • Like 1

LW8A75S_031671_6?$image_carousel-lg$LW8A75S_031671_5?$image_carousel-lg$Jeff try out the new ON REPEAT DRESS might work well with your outfits. 

LW8A75S_031671_2?$image_carousel-lg$LW8A75S_031671_1?$image_carousel-lg$

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, Macky!

Jaunt #472, 12/8/2018: Well, folks, after a few weeks away, I’m back! Following Thanksgiving weekend spent with relatives and last week’s weather being too messy to go out, I finally hit the streets once again on a sunny but frosty Saturday in a black leather jacket over a red turtleneck, the blue denim distressed miniskirt, 100 denier black tights, a black handbag and a new pair of kicks, the Payless “Ula” ankle boots in black with three and a half inch block heels that sounded deliciously loud and solid on the pavement. Returning to freestyling on chilly day, I was nice and warm, despite wearing a short skirt, and that was absolutely wonderful as I had almost forgotten how incredibly GOOD it felt to wear women’s clothes, in fact, and I’ve probably said this a time or two, I look better in a skirt (or dress) and heels than I do in menswear.

My first stop of the day was to the main branch of the Post Office to buy stamps to mail Christmas cards to family and friends. I was in line for about ten minutes before I was served and I went on my way, heading into center city. It took over half an hour to find a spot to park because of a city tradition to offer free street parking after 11 a.m. during the holidays, but I found a spot and headed to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where, after buying the week’s new books, I chatted with the staff about the Sixers and Eagles. Ahh, sports. From there, I strolled down typically crowded late Saturday morning streets, but no one gave me so much as the time of day, at least not until I was a block away from One Liberty Place when a young woman, bundled up like an Eskimo looked me up and down, curiosity in her eyes before she asked, “Aren’t you cold in that thing?” Guessing that the ‘thing’ in question was my skirt, I shook my head and said no, that I was plenty warm and she got a chuckle out of that. At OLP, not only did I enjoy a tasty salad and bottle of water from Saladworks, I went up to the observation deck where I enjoyed those tremendously cool views of the city.

Leaving OLP, I returned to my car and drove over the Ben Franklin Bridge to South Jersey and my favorite multiplex at Moorestown Mall to see Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch, while not quite as good as the original version, it was still entertaining, even though Benedict Cumberbatch was more snarky than menacing like Boris Karloff was. After the movie, I did a little shopping at Sears where I bought a couple of items that I’ll show off on future outings, then headed back home. Like I said earlier, it felt good to be back freestyling and hope to get in more outings before the year ends. More to come....

Jaunt #472, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #472, outfit-2.jpg

ula.jpg

• Like 1

Jaunt #473, 12/9/2018: Okay, I guess it’s official, I’m crazy about leggings, something I never thought would happen a scant few years ago. But then, I never thought I’d move on from jeans to wearing skirts full time on my outings, or that I’d develop a serious taste for dresses, I guess this is all about life as a fashion freestyler and how it's an ever evolving situation. Anyhoo, why leggings? Maybe it’s about how they hug my long legs and make them look dynamic, I’ve worn them with short skirts and with long sweaters/tunics, and I must say I prefer the latter, which was what I sported today: the sweater being a turquoise turtleneck which wasn’t at all long, exposing my rear end (that would come into play later) along with a black leather jacket, the fleece lined black leggings from Old Navy, the Bellini “Sable” black ankle boots and a black handbag. Even though it was cloudy and chilly with temps struggling to reach 40, I felt perfectly warm and comfortable in my ensemble.

I had a few errands to run before settling down to watch NFL football, gong west into Springfield. First up, a stop at CVS drugstore to buy a box of Christmas cards and a gift card for an out of state relative. Next up was Best Buy for the first time in a few weeks, and it was like visiting an old friend I haven’t seen in awhile, as I wandered the movie aisle, a sixty something black woman asked me for help looking for the Underworld box set, saying she loved Kate Beckinsale and wanted to get her hands on the movie collection, I managed to help her find what she sought and was generous in her thanks to me. In parting, the lady smirked and said, “Young man, that’s a damn nice ass you have!” Hearing that, I was stunned, and it was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud, but I did chuckle and thanked her. After going to the register with The Meg and season four of Game of Thrones (both on Blu-Ray), I left and went down the road to Bed Bath & Beyond, another fun place to wander through as I stocked up on kitchen soap, air fresheners and a couple of dish towels. But, no one took notice of me as I wandered the aisles. Oh well, no big deal. My last stop of the day was to Acme on my way back home for a few odds and ends from the frozen food department.

While my outing wasn’t as long as I would’ve liked (my internal clock was screaming at me to get back for the one p.m. kickoff, I did), it was still enjoyable, highlighted by that compliment from that lady at Best Buy. I guess I’ll have to put sweaters/leggings into my regular freestyling rotation because I now enjoy that combo. More to come....

Jaunt #473, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #473, outfit-2.jpg