The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

JeffB, I have seen both Pitt and UConn play in person this season and Pitt is AWSOME, though it rips my heart out to say it. I am a huge Big East fan and would go for either as my pick. The Only thing is that UNC has a funny way of winning a crazy tournament, but they really need to play some defense. Maybe we should have a HHPlace NCAA tournament contest. For entertainment purposes only, of course. As for the thigh boots and the skirt, you know that I am all for it! Can't wait to read about that outing.

Style is built from the ground up!

JeffB,

I have seen both Pitt and UConn play in person this season and Pitt is AWSOME, though it rips my heart out to say it. I am a huge Big East fan and would go for either as my pick. The Only thing is that UNC has a funny way of winning a crazy tournament, but they really need to play some defense.

Maybe we should have a HHPlace NCAA tournament contest. For entertainment purposes only, of course.

I'm all for that. For "entertainment purposes only". HA! The tournament is always tricky to predict because there's always a Goliath that's upset in the first or second round by a David, and you never, EVER know when that'll happen. But then, that's part of the beauty of March Madness, and why I love it so much!

As for the thigh boots and the skirt, you know that I am all for it! Can't wait to read about that outing.

Well, since my initial reluctance about being seen in public in a really short skirt, I've since become quite intrigued with giving that a try. Should make for an entertaining little adventure.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

2/8/2009:

After a one outing hiatus, I was back in a skirt today, however, I pushed the envelope in two particular ways. First things first, my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

With temperatures having reached an unseasonable high og 65, I was able to forego wearing any sort of jacket as I sported a magenta polo shirt, my 22 inch denim skirt and two inch heeled loafers from Payless along with a Buxton bag to hold all my stuff. Now, my first instance of envelope-pushing was a simple one: I went bare legged. Yup, no hosiery! Because of how warm it was, I figured I could do without pantyhose, even though I'm dreadfully self-conscious, almost paranoid about how my legs look without hosiery to even my skin tone, but I acclimated quickly. This outing was more about the skirt than the shoes as I wanted to present as casual an appearance as possible.

First stop was to the gas station to fuel up. the pump I parked at was right in front of the booth where the attendant sits, he did arch an eyebrow as I casually climbed out of the car to do my business, but I paid him little mind. Stop number two was my regular haunt in the western 'burbs (Springfield), Borders, strangely enough, I wasn't at all nervous as I climbed out of the car after arriving, I felt more at ease in my casual outfit, no nerves at all as I strolled into the store, feeling quite comfortable, moreso than usual in fact. I spent a good twenty to thirty minutes in the store, browsing the manga and magazine aisles, taking my time while next to no one paid me anything in the way of attention.

Stop number three was the second instance where I pushed that ol' envelope: going into the Springfield Mall. Yup, my first time in a mall while wearing a skirt! This was something I had been building up to for awhile, so I decided to go for broke. Again, I felt no nervousness as I walked from the parking area and into the mall, casual as could be as I was just another shopper. However, after passing a couple of women, I did hera one of them say, "I'm not saying a thing about that!" No doubt, but "that", she was referring to me, but I shrugged it off. My goal here was the Borders bookstore to buy a newspaper that I needed. It felt surprisingly exhilirating to wander through the mall in my outfit.

After leaving the mall and walking back to my car, a minivan honked and pulled up to me. The window rolled down and two black women waved to me, the passenger, younger than me asked where I bought my skirt from, I told her I bougt it from JC Penney over a year ago. She nodded, saying Penney's always has good sales, then the driver who looked to be my age grinned and said, "Well, that skirt looks good on you, honey!" I smiled back and thanked her, she gave me a thumbs up before driving off. Not bad, eh? Needless to say, I felt really great after getting that compliment, proof positive that people can indeed be openminded enough to appreciate another person's fashion sense.

All in all, this made for quite a successful little endeavor as I pushed the envelope just a litle further, and wound up feeling emboldened from the experience. Again, it felt very good to wear a skirt which was the main objective of this jaunt while the low profile shoes were an afterthought. It felt as natural as breathing and I carried myself as someone comfortable in my own skin, regardless of what I was wearing. Yup, a most rewarding jaunt.

Jeff, you never cease to amaze me; remarkable outing, especially with the women in the car. But who said that you could use/wear my bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one that my wife had me buy!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

2/8/2009:

After leaving the mall and walking back to my car, a minivan honked and pulled up to me. The window rolled down and two black women waved to me, the passenger, younger than me asked where I bought my skirt from, I told her I bougt it from JC Penney over a year ago. She nodded, saying Penney's always has good sales, then the driver who looked to be my age grinned and said, "Well, that skirt looks good on you, honey!" I smiled back and thanked her, she gave me a thumbs up before driving off. Not bad, eh? Needless to say, I felt really great after getting that compliment, proof positive that people can indeed be openminded enough to appreciate another person's fashion sense.

What a great experience! Your encounter with the women in the minivan is significant on so many levels. First, isn't it great to be complemented on your attire? When asked about what you are wearing is even better when it isn't "that skirt looks great on you even though (or even because) you are a guy," its just you look great in that skirt."

Second, your observation that it signifies acceptance is right on. They could have easily used the chance to poke fun, but didn't. Third, I think women dig a guy who is confident and out of the box. Besides, what is better to have in common with a guy than a taste for fashion. Finally, it shows that you are confident and natural. Just yourself who happens to be a guy who likes wearing (and looks great) in a skirt.

You are the man, Jeff! Keep blazing the trails in Philly.

Bootking: Thanks for the kind words. I do as best I can. As for the bag, hey, if something works, I appropriate it for myself! HA! rxrenesis: Franklin Mills, eh? Haven't been there in about two years. Is it still as dead there as I remember it? Inquiring minds wanna know! HappyFeat: Oh, yes! It certainly is great to get compliments! Because I get so few, the experience is all the more heartening to me. Even better was when that lady said I looked good in the skirt I wore, no mention of my gender. Guess I'm doing something right! Heh! I'll do my best to keep on blazing those trails!

...Again, it felt very good to wear a skirt...

Another nice outing JeffB :-)

And I agree with the two women: You do look great in that skirt. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. Simple as that ! (And btw, you don't need to wear pantyhose)

rxrenesis: Franklin Mills, eh? Haven't been there in about two years. Is it still as dead there as I remember it? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Lot's of people not many stores. Did you know the Boscov's there has closed. I think my next venture may to the western burbs you visited.

Got to Cherry Hill Mall late most of the places were closing. There's a Nordstroms going in there!

rx

danielp6406: Thanks for the compliment. I'm thinking of going on more bare-legged skirt outings once spring and summer arrive. Can't wait to expand my horizons in that regard! rxrenesis: Yes, I know about the Nordstroms going up. Cherry Hill has certainly changed for the better since the reconstruction started. Hardly recognize the place these days. Should be a great place to visit once everything's done. As for Franklin Mills, I can remember when that used to be THE mall to visit in the Philly region, but that title belongs to King of Prussia, and they ain't giving that up anytime soon. An Boscov's is gone? Whoa! What a surprise! To tell you the truth, it wouldn't shock me if FM closes inside of five years, perhaps sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

JeffB, I spent Sunday afternoon roaming the western Philly burbs. Didn't have my camera with me for a live shot but shot these when I returned home. Liz Clayborn sweater Women's Lee bootcut jeans White boots from Sears yes Sears. Got them for $15 rx

post-1917-133522882803_thumb.jpg

post-1917-133522882807_thumb.jpg

post-1917-13352288281_thumb.jpg

post-1917-133522882812_thumb.jpg

post-1917-133522882815_thumb.jpg

rxrenesis: Well, well! Very nice! Bravo to you on that great outfit you put together. Color me impressed! The boots looked sharp! Bootking: Ahh, yes! Spring indeed! I've been too busy gorging on college hoops to notice. I'll have to do something about that. Heh!

Bubba136: I have Pittsburgh beating Duke, then losing to North Carolina in the Final Four. rxrenesis: You had snow? Urgh! Well, March does tend to be darned unpredictable.

Interesting, Jeff. My analysis is that Pitt wins it all.

we'll soon find out....

Soon is tonight as Pitt plays Villanova who whupped Duke Thursday night. That should be real fun!

JeffB!!! To bad, so sad....must really say, however, NOVA got lucky...especially with that last shot. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JeffB!!! To bad, so sad....must really say, however, NOVA got lucky...especially with that last shot. :winkiss:

Well, that's what March Madness is all about, my friend: the quirky, the unexpected and the downright crazy as sin. For whatever's it's worth, I didn't see that coming either. Next up, North Carolina!

3/5/2009:

Wow! Hard to believe it's been about a month since my last outing! Well, that's what happens when March Madness rolls around and my weekends are spent watching college hoops. Heh! Anyhoo, I got back in harness with an outing today, and yes, I went out in a skirt. Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My brown suede jacket over a blue turtleneck, my 26 inch knee length denim skirt (the same skirt I wore on that memorable trip to New York City last September) and two inch heeled loafers. By the by, I went barelegged again as I want to get used to going without hosiery as spring continues into summer. Just like back on February 8th, the emphasis of my outing was on the skirt instead of heels as I sought to effect a casual appearance for my little romp in the western 'burbs today.

Stop number one was at the Borders bookstore in Springfield. Even though I hadn't been out in a month, I got out of the car almost immediately after parking, I felt totally and completely at ease as I walked to the door, like it was no big deal for me as a guy to be out and about in a skirt, and, in truth, it wasn't. I looked good, I felt good, and that boosted my self-confidence considerably. I spent almost an hour in the store, most of that time in the lounge area reading a couple of Mac magazines while no one gave me the time of day. I don't think I even got a second glance which I found rather surprising.

Stop number two was the Springfield Mall, and again, I just hopped out, crossed the lot and strolled into the mall, pretty as you please. Now here, I did get a double take here and there as I walked through the area, but, for the most part, I was basically ignored. And I made a note to walk slow and take my time so I could be seen. I then walked into Macy's and while meandering through the cosmetics section, one saleslady waved to me and asked if I was wearing a skirt. When I nodded and said yes, she chuckled and said I looked nice, adding that the length of the skirt suited me with the shoes I wore.

With a grin, I thanked her for the compliment then left, feeling even better, having gotten that compliment. Not bad, not bad at all. Guess that goes to show that a guy CAN pull wearing a skirt, and look good in it to boot. I've said this before, wearing a skirt is a lot of fun, I feel more comfortable and at ease with each outing, and I plan to continue enjoying this new offshoot of my fashion freedom.

I think I can speak for everybody who reads your posts...Its about damned time you made it out again! Great outing all around. I really like that jacket, it really makes the outfit pop. Of course the skirt and shoes are great, but it is evident you put a lot of effort into your wardrobe selections for your outings. Also, I love the fact that the sales lady asked if you were wearing a skirt. I know that it may shock some to hear this, but I have found on my outings in a skirt that some people almost have to put the whole thing together...a skirt...a guy...A GUY IN A SKIRT! I even had one sales clerk ask me if I ever wore a skirt while I was standing right in front of her wearing a skirt! My point is that any guy who ever wants to try it should, you will be so surprised at how easy it is to pull off. Now that the NCAA tounament is almost over (well since I am a Big East fan, it is over) and the weather is warming up, we should be expecting more and more jaunts, Jeff?

I think I can speak for everybody who reads your posts...Its about damned time you made it out again!

It's amazing how time flies when you're cooped up in the house watching sports on weekends! HA!

I really like that jacket, it really makes the outfit pop. Of course the skirt and shoes are great, but it is evident you put a lot of effort into your wardrobe selections for your outings.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do invest a substantial amount of time into putting my outfits together. It's quite common for me to spend upwards of an hour or more trying on various combinations of tops, bottoms and shoes before I decide on something that I like and looks best on me before I head out. I'm a fanatic about looking my best while on my outings. If you're going to wear skirts and women's shoes in public, then you'd DAMN well better look your best.

Also, I love the fact that the sales lady asked if you were wearing a skirt. I know that it may shock some to hear this, but I have found on my outings in a skirt that some people almost have to put the whole thing together...a skirt...a guy...A GUY IN A SKIRT! I even had one sales clerk ask me if I ever wore a skirt while I was standing right in front of her wearing a skirt!

I can only assume that those people who do bother to ask need verbal verification of what their eyes had seen, as if they actively refuse to believe what they see before them and need to hear the truth straight from the horse's mouth. I don't mind it, after all, the sight of a man in a skirt who isn't crossdressing is somewhat rare, so the sight is rather surprising to say the very least.

My point is that any guy who ever wants to try it should, you will be so surprised at how easy it is to pull off.

I agree wholeheartedly. I can still remember that very first skirt outing I went on back in August of last year. I was nervous as sin, not knowing what to expect, but it really was quite easy, easier than I anticipated, and it's only gotten easier from there.

Now that the NCAA tounament is almost over (well since I am a Big East fan, it is over) and the weather is warming up, we should be expecting more and more jaunts, Jeff?

Oh, most definitely. I'm currently mulling over a number of ideas for future skirt outings, including an idea for an evening out on the town in a little black dress after reading your latest adventure. Heh!

JeffB –

Let me be sure I got this right… You stopped going out while wearing a skirt for a month, and rather than going out you spent a whole month at home, in a comfortable chair, (beer in hand?), watching basketball. After the games were over you started going out wearing a skirt again. The question is which activity really represents madness?

:winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB –

Let me be sure I got this right… You stopped going out while wearing a skirt for a month, and rather than going out you spent a whole month at home, in a comfortable chair, (beer in hand?), watching basketball. After the games were over you started going out wearing a skirt again. The question is which activity really represents madness?

:winkiss:

Well, what can I say? I'm a loopy kinda guy! Besides, you haven't watched sports until you've watched it in high definition! HA! Meanwhile, I'll tell you what really represents madness----drinking beer! YUCK! I tried it once back in 1977, absolutely hated the taste and haven't touched the stuff since. Meanwhile, I was struck dumb by a bolt of irony yesterday, with spring here (at least on the calendar anyway), everybody's breaking out the shorts for the impending warmer weather, but not me as for reasons I can't explain, I've never liked wearing shorts in public and only sport them while sitting on my front porch, and yet, I've worn skirts in public without a care, and eagerly look forward to wearing short skirts come summer. I found that pretty darn ironic to say the very least.

JeffB:-) With the weather changng now, you need to get out into public wearing some of your carefully put together outfits so that the rest of us can get our jollies by reading about our favorite skirt and heel wearing guy. Go,Jeff, Go! You the man! From one of your most stanchist supporters--- Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB –

Sorry about the beer suggestion but I had succumb to the stereotyped image of a male sports fan on a weekend. It’s not my style either… give me a big bowl of popcorn, a comfy recliner, a beer and a good technical manual and I’m having a great time (Yes, there really is a Scotty). :winkiss:

Now about wearing shorts… let me share several of my favorite pictures to serve as an inspiration.

post-928-133522883699_thumb.jpeg

post-928-133522883705_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522883709_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.