The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Yea Jeff I agree with Daniel. Somehow the gray blazer is jarring to the eye with the rest of your outfit. I think the dark blazer would have been a better choice.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jaunt #123, September 2, 2011:

Just like the last two times, it had been quite the adrenaline fueled rush

JeffB - Enjoy the rush while you can... it will wear off shortly. I've noticed that my boots are "just another pair of shoes" that I wear because I like the look and the bold statement they make but I don't get the rush any more. The short skirts are also falling into the same realm. You can gauge the anticipated adrenalin rush by how long it takes you to get out of the car.

I don't know how to work with a long coat like the one you were wearing. I did find a short one in black suede that I want to try when the weather cools off a bit. I suspect the longer one will work better with jeans and boots.

The neck gear is a nice touch.

Leather mini huh... You're gonna have fun with that. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

danielp6406 & Shafted: Thanks for the comments! An important part of fashion is experimenting with all sorts of items to see if they'll work well with each other, or not. Jarring to the eye, eh? Hmm! Interesting! Perhaps I'll see if I can find a navy or dark gray blazer and see how that will work. In the weeks and months to come as the weather grows cooler, I'll be bringing my jackets back into the mix, and I'm excited about that. TBG: Well, as a "rookie" to the joys of wearing miniskirts and thigh boots, I'm sure that thrill will be with me for quite awhile. Heh! Meanwhile, I don't think the gray blazer is any longer than the black one, however, it might be interesting to see how a long coat would work with a mini and boots. Yeah, I'm eager to get my hands on that leather mini, I have no doubt I'll have plenty of fun with that!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jaunt #124, 9/3/2011:

Once again, I decided to be bold and push the envelope by spending quality time in the largest shopping mall on the East Coast----in a skirt! Here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A black polo shirt (Hmm! Been wearing that color a lot lately) with my 22 inch denim skirt, the Blondo loafers and my trusty Buxton bag on an outing at the King of Prussia Mall. On a Saturday. On the busiest day of the week when the place is usually at it's most crowded. And there I was, in a skirt for all to see. Why, you ask? No reason, I just decided that I was going to conduct that little experiment and see what would happen. Admittedly, I was quite nervous when I arrived at the mall around 10:30 a.m. and it took a few minutes to muster up my courage, then, I hopped out of the car and strolled in, ready to face the world. My heart was pounding when I entered the mall and the first shoppers walked past, nothing. The first stop was to the comic book shop, there were a couple of shoppers inside but they didn't pay me any mind, feeling a wee bit emboldened, I walked further into the mall and the crowds started getting thicker, got a couple of double takes but nothing more than that, and my confidence was growing.

Okay, time to do some shopping. I walked into the JCPenney and went right to the women's section where I spent a good twenty minutes or more wandering the aisles before going to the register with a couple of olive green skirts, one above the knee, the other, a sort of faux suede, below the knee, right away, I knew the latter would work great with my Pleaser knee boots once fall arrived, so I was eager to add that to my wardrobe. The saleslady who waited on me gave me a smile and said that the long skirt looked nice, I told her I planned to pair it with a pair of knee boots and she nodded, saying that was a good combination, she then added that a black top would make for a good match, I nodded, saying she was right. Feeling more confident, I left Penney's and, after putting the skirts into my car, I returned to the mall for another hour's worth of wandering about. I'll admit I did get some stares and double takes, even a chuckle here and there, but I was at the point where it didn't matter, I was enjoying myself.

After having circumvented most of the mall, I left and drove to Best Buy where I spent a good half hour in gadget mecca, ignored by other shoppers before checking out with four Blu-Ray flicks (Die Hard 3, Live Free or Die Hard, The Rock and the remake of War of the Worlds) discounted to $9.99 apiece. WHOO! Nothing like a bargain! After Best Buy, I drove down the road to Bed, Bath & Beyond for some bath towels as I'm of the belief that you can never have enough bath towels. And that was that. Any apprehension I felt about strolling through a crowded mall in a skirt evaporated as those worse case scenarios floating through my mind never materialized, No one hassled me, laughed at me, loudly tossed insults my way, nothing, I was left alone the whole time, a remarkable thing to say the least. And while I'm sure I had probably been photographed by someone with a camera equipped cellphone, I can only hope they got my good side. It had been quite a fun outing as I pushed the envelope yet again.

So, now that I've gotten my first mall skirt jaunt under my belt, will I do it again? Perhaps, once I got over my initial bout of nervousness, it had been enjoyable that was nowhere near as frightful as I thought. All together now----WHEW! :)

Jaunt #124, 9/3/2011:

I knew the latter would work great with my Pleaser knee boots once fall arrived, so I was eager to add that to my wardrobe. The saleslady who waited on me gave me a smile and said that the long skirt looked nice, I told her I planned to pair it with a pair of knee boots and she nodded, saying that was a good combination, she then added that a black top would make for a good match, I nodded, saying she was right.

I thought I remembered that you had a pair of knee high boots when I posted this. Who's memory is getting fuzzy, yours or mine? Your gonna have to look in that closet more often. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Greetings JeffB :-)

Today's outfit looks very nice.

BTW, you got a lot of courage to go to Best-Buy wearing a skirt !

It feels great to receive a compliment from a salesgirl isnt-it ?

About the War of the Worlds DVD. Did you buy the combo pack ?

I have the combo pack with the original 50's version and the remake.

It is nice to see the difference between both.

You will find out the sound quality is amazing on the remake version.

Happy heeling !

TBG: Well, I have the four inch heeled boots in my closet. That much I am sure about! danielp6406: Heck, I wear skirts a lot at Best Buy. No big deal there. As for War of the Worlds, I just bought the Blu-Ray version, I had seen the remake when it originally came out and the differences were startling indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #125, 9/17/2011:

As it's been two weeks since my last outing, I decided it was time to hit the streets for a new jaunt. And today, I did something different----I did NOT wear a skirt! I know! Shocking, isn't it? Well, here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black blazer over a red t-shirt and my latest acquisition, a pair of a.n.a. women's bootcut jeans in dark stonewash (a.k.a. black) and the Pleaser Vanity-2013 4 inch heeled knee boots which I hadn't worn in quite a long time. Since the weather was rather cool, what with temperatures barely creeping past the mid 60's, I figured this would be a good time to break out those boots for a jaunt. And the new jeans were an absolute delight to wear as they were nice and snug, just the way I like 'em! As an aside, I'm glad summer is nearly over so I can break out my long skirts and wear them with my knee boots for some styling Fall outings. Anyhoo, back to the jaunt, I had a couple of tasks to take care of before goofing off, so, after drawing some cash from an ATM a mile from home, I drove to the nearby post office where I took care of those tasks, they being a money order I had to buy and mailing off a parcel. I stood in line for nearly five minutes before being waited on and no one gave me the time of day.

After leaving the post office, I headed west to the King of Prussia Mall to wander around, and to be seen, my first stop was to the comic book shop for this week's newest offerings, then, I got to wandering through the mall, perhaps I might have been just a tad overdressed for a late Saturday morning, but that was of little consequence. Felling my tummy rumble, I went to the food court and Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and yes, I had only one chicken salad sammich (boy, it's sure good), I did catch a glance here and there while I ate, but that was to be expected. From there, I strolled into JCPenney's to see if they had anything interesting and/or new, but they didn't, but it was still fun to meander through the women's department, checking out skirts and dresses and feeling perfectly natural and at ease while doing so. I then headed to Sears and did likewise, again, no luck, but that's cool as I got to keep some money in my pocket, at least for this week anyway. HA! Another aside: It's hard to put into words just how pleasurable it is to shop for women's clothes, even if I don't buy anything. It's just plain fun.

Upon leaving the mall, I headed up the road to Best Buy and made a beeline over to a display for the recent release of the complete Star Wars collection on Blu-Ray, featuring: A) all six films, :) the original trilogy, and C) episodes 1-3. For me, there's only the original trilogy, and that was only $39.99 before taxes. WHOO!! As is my custom, I spent well over an hour in the store gazing and fiddling with gadgets, including the iPad which is a cooler gizmo than I thought. And all the while, no one gave me so much as the time of day, just like at the mall, but hey, that was fine by me, I guess I was able to successfully blend in with my surroundings, or, as is more often the case, passersby were simply too busy with their own lives and affairs to pay any attention to a guy wearing heels. Works for me. As that had been the first time I wore something other than a skirt in weeks, if not months, it made for a refreshing change of pace in my freestyling.

Greetings JeffB :-)

Another great jaunt except this time you are wearing something more casual.

Nice jeans. It's always nice to find a pair that fits perfectly. (Not the case with men's jeans)

Weather is getting cooler isnt-it ?

Next time you wear a skirt I guess you will need to wear leggings or tights ?

I'm sure it will look good with boots !

Nice outfit and outing Jeff! I too just picked up the Star Wars movies on blue ray. While I agree that only the original 3 movies matter, I went with the whole shebang. Only because the whole deal has loads of extras that are not found on the other Star Wars offerings. I feel that the making of, cast interviews, and such, is worth the extra money. Even if I could care less about the newer Star Wars movies.

JeffB..

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/Jaunt125outfit-1.jpg

I saw that pic with the ' suit ' and for some reason.. I just had this image of ' Prince ' flash through my mind. Dunno why..

You do remind me of a celebrity, Im struggling to remember his name though..

Take care!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

danielp6406: Oh, yes, it certainly is delightful to find great fitting jeans to wear with a pair of heels. As for the cooler weather, oh yes, I do plan to stock up on tights for Fall skirt wearing. Can't wait! Mr. X: Thanks for the kind words. I've never been much for watching special features or anything like that, just give me the movie itself and that's enough for this kid! ilikekicks: Me? A celebrity? HA! Highly unlikely! But, thanks for the compliment!

For those who love numbers (and I know you're out there), here's where things stand after 125 jaunts!

2008: 10

2009: 42

2010: 28

2011: 45

SKIRTS: 77

JEANS: 36

SKORTS: 6

CAPRIS: 4

PANTS: 1

DRESSES: 1

PUMPS: 53

BOOTS: 47

LOAFERS: 25

JEANS (tucked): 19

JEANS (untucked): 17

CAPRIS: 4

PANTS: 1

SKIRTS (above knee): 52

SKIRTS (below knee): 21

SKIRTS (at knee): 4

SKORTS: 6

DRESSES: 1

KNEE BOOTS: 24

THIGH BOOTS: 22

ANKLE BOOTS: 1

PAYLESS SHOES

Hazel: 15

Lance Flex (black): 11

Judy: 4

Lance Flex (merlot): 3

Janis: 3

Katie: 3

Jamie: 2

Hilt: 1

OTHER SHOES

Blondo loafer: 21

Pleaser Vanity (4 inch): 5

Pleaser Seduce (5 inch): 5

Pleaser Popstar (loafer): 1

See you back here with new numbers after 150 jaunts!

NEWS FLASH

Numerologist spotted in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area.

Today a gentleman was seen in the local shopping mall wearing a stylish gray jacket, black jeans and high heeled black boots which were unfortunately worn under the jeans and not displayed with their deserved honor. The gentleman is clearly an occult member because he was purchasing videos that champion a strange religion and attempting to convert passer-bys with mumblings of a "Force being with them". There seemed to be some relationship between this "Force" and the number one hundred and twenty five.

On careful listening to his conversations you could determine he was a member of the electronic data processing community by his referenced to 47 boots, which seems an excessive number of restarts and his fellow workers, which he referred to as 25 loafers. It also seemed that his work supported an industry that has a large number of pumps (53) which were used for skirting materials around both long and short attractions...

:)

Sorry Jeff… way too much time on my hands. The outfit looked great and would really work with your thigh boots.

Just because the weather has started to cool off, you don't have to abandon the short skirts. Leggings and tights are quite warm and look great when they can be seen, and as you have mentioned, thigh boot are warm.

TBG

TBG: HAHAHA! That was funny! :) Good stuff! Meanwhile, I haven't put away the short skirts yet. In fact, I bought half a dozen pairs of black tights this morning, so I'll be ready for the cooler weather to come!

Jeff ... Congratulations on your Saturday outing. I myself did not think you were overdressed, even for a Saturday. I wear similar outfits like that when I venture out in public in high heels. Thanks for sharing your jaunt with us.

Jaunt #126, 9/18/2011:

With the weather refreshingly crisp and cool (not to mention the Eagles playing tonight), I decided to hit the road for a jaunt. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My brown faux leather jacket over a brown t-shirt and the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans tucked into my Pleaser thigh high boots. Since the pockets on those jeans are rather shallow, I decided to bring along my short strap handbag, and that's cool as I've come to enjoy going on jaunts with a purse hanging from my right shoulder, feels natural like wearing heels. In fact, I'm thinking of adding another couple of new bags to my wardrobe. What also felt natural was my tight jeans/thigh boot combo, first time I've indulged in that ensemble since before spring, and it felt great to wear it. Anyhoo, my first stop of the day was to Best Buy in Springfield as I had an urge to buy a couple more Blu-Ray discs, walking in the store, there wasn't much of a crowd, and what people that were in attendance didn't pay me any mind. I spent well over thirty minutes in the store, drawing nary an odd stare or double take before going to the register with The Bourne Ultimatum and the newly released Thor.

From there, it was off to Subway down the road for lunch. Walking into the store, the only customers were a mother and her four year old daughter who pointed at me and giggled when she saw my boots, but mom hushed her up and all was right with the world as I enjoyed my lunch with the Sunday sports section. Afterwards, I headed down the road to Borders which was in its death throes, in fact, today was the store's very last day, but I couldn't bring myself to go in the place, it would've been like attending a viewing at a funeral, so I merely said farewell to my old friend and drove off. Just for fun, I headed to the Springfield Mall to wander through and see what would happen, there was a good sized crowd in the mall, and I did get more than a few stares and double takes and odd looks and a couple of pointed fingers from fellow shoppers. That was okay, when out in public dressed in clothes opposite to what society expects men to wear, you have to get used to the attention, otherwise, you'll never adapt to life in the fishbowl.

With summer on the wane and fall on the way, I look forward to plenty more outings in jeans and thigh boots for those cooler days that are on the way.

You're really rockin' the leather look Jeff.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

That is a damn good look Jeff, massive thumbs up for that one! I've not yet had the pointed fingers while out in heels, though I've seen a few shaken heads and the odd chuckle from other shoppers. I put it down to them not being used to the sight of a man in heels and put it out of my mind. Keep up the great work. Chris

I too like the leather look, especially those thigh boots which are so much fun and comfortable to wear. Just recently after completing my visit to our art museum, an older couple was coming in just as I was leaving. I just happen to look out of the corner of my eye and saw them as they were inside the lobby area both pointing at me and saying something to the receptionist at the entrance desk. I think that is the only time I remember someone actually pointing at me while wearing high heels in public.

It's not just the weather, that's a "refreshingly crisp and cool" look too Jeff. Autumn definitely has a lot to look forward to for fashion possibilities. I've not gone public with a handbag but I'm increasingly seeing the appeal of not having pockets full of stuff spoiling the line of clothes.

If you like it, wear it.

Jaunt #126, 9/18/2011:

...My brown faux leather jacket over a brown t-shirt and the

Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans tucked into my Pleaser thigh high boots...

I like that look with the boots, jacket and purse. Well done !

...I've not gone public with a handbag but I'm increasingly seeing the

appeal of not having pockets full of stuff spoiling the line of clothes.

Don't hesitate to wear a handbag if you want to. It is much better than our pockets full of stuff !

I bought a new shoulder bag a few weeks ago (See picture below).

No big deal. I did not notice any strange looks from others and got many compliments from women.

Just the perfect size (10" wide x 9" high). Very soft and lightweight. It is now my favorite one !

post-14338-133522954492_thumb.jpg

Good look there Jeff.Like the boots.Good to see Im not the only one that considerd a handbag,my one girl friend said a while back jokingly she thinks I should get a handbag since I keep forgetting ym keys everywhere.Might suprise her :) Keep the jaunts going :)

Thanks for the kind words on my latest outfit, everyone. Most appreciated!

CRabbit & roniheels: It's not often that I get pointed at while out and about, I guess it must've been about the thigh boots. Hell, that didn't happen when I wore a dress a few weeks back! Go figure!

SleekHeels & StormClaw: I see using a handbag as a good way to maintain a, well, sleek profile without having pockets bulging from a wallet, keys, cellphone, et al. Once you start using a bag on a regular basis, you'll start to wonder how you manage to go out and about without one! And, from my personal standpoint, it's rather fun too!

danielp6406: Oh, wow! That's a really sharp looking bag, my friend! Bravo to you for making such a stylish choice!

Jeff, I totally agree with you on the usefulness of a shoulder bag. I've been carrying one for many years. Years ago I just got tired of changing all the junk in my pants pockets when I changed pants. And half the time I'd forget something like keys or wallet or pocketknife. Now I just grab the bag and it's all there. Plus a lot more! I keep nothing in my pants pockets anymore. I have a small bag with a wide strap that doesn't look particularly femme, and I rarely get any comments about it. I keep a lot of stuff in it - "the junk accumulates to fill the available space" is a well-known law of physics! Good on you for carrying a shoulder bag - it looks great! More guys should do it! :) Steve

Jeff; I have been carrying a bag for over a year. I had a small black leather bag but changed it for a larger one about six months ago, also black leather. I rarely have anything in my pockets. I also have a small black leather bag for my art supplies (sketchbook and pencils) that is a backpack design, but I carry it on my shoulder with my other bag. Both of them were originally sold as purses and have compartments for credit cards and other "stuff". I find them a most practical way to carry stuff and wonder what I did before I started carrying one. Both of these bags have a long enough strap to hang just above my waist. I have one other black leather bag with a short strap that is designed to hang high under your arm but I rarely use this bag. TBG

danielp6406: Oh, wow! That's a really sharp looking bag, my friend!

Bravo to you for making such a stylish choice!

Thanks for the positive comment about my shoulder bag !

I got it from Spring Shoes. Follow this link here. (I also have it in white)

In the USA Spring Shoes is under a different name. It is "Call it SPRING"

Note that I don't see my shoulder bag on their US website.

Maybe you can still order it by the model name ?

Thanks for the latest comments, guys! Nice to know that great minds think alike when it comes to the topic of men toting handbags. Just as I'm comfortable and at ease wearing skirts, I have no problem being seen in public with a purse, I mean, what's the big deal? Short answer, none. Carrying stuff in one's pockets is so gauche! What's more, nobody has said anything about what I carry when out and about anyway!

What's more, nobody has said anything about what I carry when out and about anyway!

The only thing I have to watch out for is in a Goodwill store. On more than one occasion the clerk has started to ring up my purse as part of the sale. The reaction has never been more than a slight “oops” when they realized their mistake.

I carry my bag all the time, regardless of whether I’m wearing a skirt and/or boots or slacks and guy shoes. I just rarely have anything in my pockets anymore.

TBG

...I got it from Spring Shoes. Follow this link here. (I also have it in white)

Addition to my last post.

Went to the store yesterday, saw it in brown and decided to buy it.

I now have the same shoulder bag in brown, black and white...

Maybe I'm a little bit crazy but I like the style so much :)