The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

Of course I was thinking about you! I am simply amazed at how well you pull off your skirt and boots without even the slightest overt attention. You heel with great confidence and conviction, but the more you push the envelope, the more comfortable you become. When I get up the nerve (and past the thin blood that reacts so poorly to the cold) to get out in a skirt, I will have your experience to build on and you to thank!

I thank you for the kind words. I simply do the very best I can, frankly speaking, I find it amazing at how easy it's all become for me. A year ago, it NEVER would've occured to me to even think about wearing a skirt in public, today, it's almost to the point where it wouldn't occur to me to wear anything else! I'm having so much fun, and that's why I'm so comfortable in my current outings. I'm glad that I've inspired you towards pushing the envelope in your own way.

The funny thing is that I absolutely LOVE those shoes. In many ways, I think they are more feminine than even many of the 4 inch pumps I own and they certainly are more interesting. For that reason, I think more women seem to notice them and even be willing to ask about them. It has been my experience with talking to women that cute seems to trump sexy.

Clearly, it's the styling of those shoes with the ornamentation that makes them so cute and attractive, and yeah, cute does indeed top sexy, especially when it comes to shoes, and you wore your Bandolinos quite well in your pics.

I think its just one of those things that you never really think about until you experience it. Just as I think JeffB learned with wearing his skirt and boots. I have always thought that there really isn't any such thing as truly "incognito heels." I have always been surprised by what people notice and what they don't.

Quite right. People do see what the choose to see. In my case, do people notice the skirt or the heels more? Or did I blend both into such a natural looking ensemble that people look past me and pay me no more attention than the next guy? It all depends on the person.

For this reason, I am hoping to break out a skirt this week for an evening outing (weather permitting) and I have decided to either match the black Bandolinos with black tights and a black skirt to the navy with a great pair of navy ribbed tights and a gray skirt. I think they would be great for my first excursion in a skirt.

So, taking the next big step, eh? Bravo! Well, I can tell you from experience that the first public outing in a skirt will ramp up the nerves like crazy, your heart will be racing like an Indy car, you'll wonder what will happen when you step out of your car and expose yourself to the world, putting yourself squarely into the fishbowl where there will be no place to hide. It might even be a bit terrifying at first, but once you get over that initial burst of nervousness, the comfort level will settle in and you'll have an exhilirating experience. Good luck, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The various comments above about men wearing otherwise fairly ordinary non-feminine shoes with 'ornamentation' are interesting. In the UK, at least, the loafer style of men's shoe with a degree of ornamentation has been by no means uncommon for many years and, in my experience, carries no connotations of 'femininity'. The loafer or similar slip-on shoe, with or without ornamentation, has been my preferred male style for nearly 50 years. Although many men's and women's loafer styles have a plain bar or simple strap (usually of the same material and colour as the upper) across the front, some also carry a gilt or silver stud, button or buckle, or a chain or links or similar embellishment - I think the technical term for the latter is a 'snaffle'. There is very little difference between men's and women's loafers of this type, although the women's styles often have a more tapered toe and a narrower heel which may be any height from about 1.5" upwards. Although most such men's shoes are in plain leather or suede, patent leather is also sometimes used. The more ornamental shoes of this type (and especially those in untypical men's colours or leathers, such as dark green or blue patent) can look very smart (or 'flashy' if one doesn't really approve!) and are often favoured by sharply-dressed black people. It has long been my view that a women's loafer with a heel of, say, 2.5 - 3.5" is an ideal shoe for discreet male street-heeling, as there is usually nothing about its appearance (other than the higher and slightly narrower heel, if detectable) to suggest that it is not a fairly conservative male shoe. I wish I could find a pair to fit my UK11 feet! After all, the loafer is historically a man's shoe that has been widely adopted (usually successfully) as smart but conservative female wear, sometimes with a straight stacked heel of 4" or more. I would have thought that, certainly in the UK, a patent loafer would attract more comment when worn by a man than would one with metal trim or even a moderately high heel. That said, any loafer with ornamentation or not in plain leather is generally regarded as too casual for smart business wear (i.e. with a suit) but is very acceptable for semi-formal occasions with a co-ordinated jacket and trousers etc. In your Bandolinos, you are on very safe ground in my book, HappyFeat. Well, nearly on safe ground - just a couple of inches above it in fact!

HappyFeet - I have to say, I like your style. The outfits work very well together. You put forth the sort of appearance that may actually be accepted some day.

Thank you for the kind words. I do usually like to try to pull something together that is smart and fun, but with style. My philosophy is to try build outfits around my heels as best I can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it is always fun. I do love experimenting with outfits and build a distinctive style.

The various comments above about men wearing otherwise fairly ordinary non-feminine shoes with 'ornamentation' are interesting. In the UK, at least, the loafer style of men's shoe with a degree of ornamentation has been by no means uncommon for many years and, in my experience, carries no connotations of 'femininity'. The loafer or similar slip-on shoe, with or without ornamentation, has been my preferred male style for nearly 50 years...

In your Bandolinos, you are on very safe ground in my book, HappyFeat. Well, nearly on safe ground - just a couple of inches above it in fact!

That's what I thought! I love being "just a couple of inches above" in those shoes. I have men's loafers in patent with ornamentation and yes, come to think of it, they even attract some attention. I am not really looking to hide my shoes anyway, so the attention really doesn't bother me, in fact it can be fun.

Style is built from the ground up!

I made it out for a short outing today, just to pick up my last pair of glasses, browse some shops, and have a Starbucks hot chocolate. The weather was turning a bit icy, so I couldn't spend the evening out as I planned. Sine i was a bit on the cold side, I wore a sweater, Lane Bryant "Lafayette" trousers which are quite long and my black Nine West "Tornado" knee boots. Not my best outfit, but I really didn't spend that much time putting it together. Though the pants I wore have a very long inseam and wide leg, covering my boots quite well, my outing started with a rather strange experience. I was heading into JC Penny and a middle aged couple was coming out with their son. The father, a short, stout man stared me down the whole way, demonstrating obvious disgust for my attire. I really didn't know what to think because it almost looked like he really wanted to say something to me, call me a name, or whatever. After I passed them, I saw him pointing me out to his wife and son! Though I can cop an attitude, his ignorance wasn't even woth my time. It was maybe the most negative reaction I have illicited yet and frankly I could care less. When I got in the store, the optical department was quite busy so I browsed for about half an hour. The fitting went very well and the optician was the friendliest she has been yet. Afterward, I went to the Bath and Body Works to check out their sale, browsed the bookstore, and looked at shoes at TJ Maxx- who still has almost no inventory. At Starbucks, I sat in an easy chair near the fire, crossed my legs and rad the paper. I got looks from everyone who entered the store, but nothing more than a passing glance. The staff was quite friendly and I chatted with a couple of girls about the weather, the football playoffs, and other small talk things. Though it was a short outing, it was nice to break out the boots!

post-5655-133522878201_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522878205_thumb.jpg

Smart looking outfit there, HF. Cool boots in particular. As for that brief encounter with the father, you did the right thing in ignoring the guy, by doing so, you deprived him of an opportunity to pump himself up by trying to bring you down. Bravo to you, my friend!

Though the pants I wore have a very long inseam and wide leg, covering my boots quite well, my outing started with a rather strange experience. I was heading into JC Penny and a middle aged couple was coming out with their son. The father, a short, stout man stared me down the whole way, demonstrating obvious disgust for my attire. I really didn't know what to think because it almost looked like he really wanted to say something to me, call me a name, or whatever. After I passed them, I saw him pointing me out to his wife and son! Though I can cop an attitude, his ignorance wasn't even woth my time. It was maybe the most negative reaction I have illicited yet and frankly I could care less.

How dare you ignore me, HF! :thumbsup: Next time we meet like that, I expect you to at least stop and show your heels to me properly.:welcome: How can I bring my kid up properly to respect alternative lifestyles when he had no chance to find out where you bought your handsome boots?

Nice look HappyFeat. Really like the boots. You did good about not coping a tude. Sounds like an inbox redneck who don't mount to a hill o beans any who. LOL.:lmao:

I am really surprised I don't run into that sort of thing more. You know where I live...It is only the second time I have had a reaction like that locally in the last few months. I figure that people do have to come out of the holler once in a while to get supplies and copper tubing for their 'still...

Smart looking outfit there, HF. Cool boots in particular. As for that brief encounter with the father, you did the right thing in ignoring the guy, by doing so, you deprived him of an opportunity to pump himself up by trying to bring you down. Bravo to you, my friend!

You know what's strange is that I typically wouldn't have noticed, but for some reason his level of shock was so over the top. What came to mind is that if you are such a tough guy, why in Sam Hill are you checking out another guy's shoes! He may not have gotten pumped up, but I sure got a kick out of him.

How dare you ignore me, HF! :thumbsup: Next time we meet like that, I expect you to at least stop and show your heels to me properly.:welcome: How can I bring my kid up properly to respect alternative lifestyles when he had no chance to find out where you bought your handsome boots?

I offer you, your wife and your son my most sincere apologies. After your long flight to visit the new JC Penny in the heart of Appalachia, my not offering you genuine welcome and hospitality is utterly shameful. I hope you let your son know that all men wearing great boots are not as boorish as I. I promise to do better the next time we see each other. Maybe at the new Target when it opens....

:winkiss:

Nice look HappyFeat. Really like the boots. You did good about not coping a tude. Sounds like an inbox redneck who don't mount to a hill o beans any who. LOL.:winkiss:

100% agreed on both counts!!!:thumbsup::clap::welcome:

It's all about the heel!

I offer you, your wife and your son my most sincere apologies. After your long flight to visit the new JC Penny in the heart of Appalachia, my not offering you genuine welcome and hospitality is utterly shameful. I hope you let your son know that all men wearing great boots are not as boorish as I. I promise to do better the next time we see each other. Maybe at the new Target when it opens.... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been pretty busy the last couple of weeks and combined with the horrible weather, my heeling has been kept to a minimum. In fact, this is the first time I have logged on since the site overhaul. Very nice! I will likely start a blog to replace this thread, but until I get a chance to look over the technical ends, I hope its fine that I still post here. Last Friday, was a very nice day in my corner of he globe. For about 36 hours the temperature was in the 60's and I actually had a free day. I made the most of it. For my afternoon outing, I wore a brown blazer, red mock neck, Lane Bryant light rinse trouser jeans and brown Nine West "Paz" ankle boots. Since it was so nice, my first stop was the car wash. I did the drive through, but cleaned the interior in full view of everybody at the busy car wash. To my knowledge nobody really got a good look at me, but I didn't really pay much attention. After that, I went to the Salon at JC Penny to see if I could get a hair cut. They were very busy, so I just browsed the store for a while. I went to the book store and browsed after that. Finally, I stopped at Lane Bryant to check their sale. I spent about an hour in the store talking to the staff, since most everybody knows me. There is a new clerk who I find very attractive, who showed me all of the new things they have in. She pulled out a pencil skirt and told me that she loves it and that I should try it. So, I did. I was quite happy I wore nylons, since I haven't shaved for a while. I was in the dressing room, and she knocked on the door to check on my fit. Unlike any other experience trying on clothes, she just came right in the dressing room when I opened the door. She rotated the skirt around my waist, stepped back and looked and gushed about how nice I wore it. I decided to pass on the skirt, but she then brought me a black knit dress that was on clearance. I tried it, again she came into the dressing room, and really loved it on me. She set on the bench and I modeled for her and we discussed shoes to go with it. I decided to buy. WHy now, I have never actually owned a dress. We flirted for a while before I left the store. Eventually I found out she is married, but the flirtation was still fun. When I left, I went to another shopping area to continue my quest for a haircut. Eventually I found a place and got my trim. Though everybody in the shop noticed my boots, nobody said a word. I shooped for a while after my cut and headed home. A very nice afternoon and about 6 hours in heels. I decided to go out Friday night and was feeling a bit daring, so I wore a white mock neck sweater, black gaucho pants, black nylons with a fine fish net pattern and black patent Steve Madden "Loucee" Mary Jane pumps. I hadn't been out for a while, so I bounced from regular to regular catching up. Most of these people have seen me in heels so often, they really don't notice. During the course of the evening, I talked to to very attractive 20 something women who were wearing great shoes - one a pair of peep to Aldo pumps and the other a pair of suede pumps from Baker's. I didn't take my camera, and I regret not being able to share. The girl in the peep toes and I had a nice rapport, even down to both wearing the same nail color. Later we danced for about half an hour. It was a whole lot of fun. She left with her friends about 1:30 and I had one for the road (only my second- I am not much of a drinker.) I wound up giving a friend a ride home who was in no condition to drive. So, I dropped him off and headed home. It was so good to get out again. Posted are pictures of my afternoon outfit and shoes, evening outfit and shoes, and the dress I bought.

post-5655-133522879117_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879122_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879127_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352287913_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879134_thumb.jpg

HappyFeat: Great outing, my friend! For certain the weather's been kinder to you than it has to me. By the by, cool dress in that last pic! Terrific!

Even though the weather was bad (cold, windy, snow), I made it out for the afternoon. My outfit was a JCrew khaki and red sweater over a red mock neck, LB trouser jeans, and my red Nine West "Gooro" boots. The sweater is a bit wild in the picture, but for my outing it was tamed down with a brown leather jacket, so I looked a whole lot less like a court jester while out.

I had two primary reasons for going out. One was I had a coupon for 15% of my total purchase at the Nine West outlet, the second was I needed a pedicure. So, with shopping and pampering to be done, I would be damned if a little snow was going to hold me back.

My day started with my pedicure. I was overdue because my regular stylist had taken ill and I couldn't get into see her. At my last appointment, she used color- a pretty deep purple- and it was beginning to grow out. So, I made an appointment at the JCPenny salon.

When I arrived, the stylist was still at lunch. I set in the waiting area and looked over the OPI colors to see if I wanted to get color again. The waiting room was pretty empty, but there was some staff milling around. Not a sole mentioned my boots. When the stylist arrived, she took me to the pedicure room and we chatted about the weather while I removed my boots. Though in her plain sight, she made no mention of them. When I pulled off my socks and she saw my toes, she simply asked if "we were painting today." I said sure and she handed me some color samples to pick out a color. I chose a champagne color from the OPI Russia collection- "Cosmo Not Tonight, Dear."

During the pedicure, which was divine, especially on cold day, she and I talked a bit about her family, the weather, school closings, the building, etc. Just very relaxing small talk. She massaged my feet, applied the polish, and set me aside to dry my nails in a UV dryer. She never mentioned my boots or the fact that I had painted nails. Sometimes, I would love to be a fly on the wall of a place I just left.

After my pedicure, I drove to the Nine West outlet. Since it was so miserable out, the store was pretty much vacant. The manager was off that day, but I knew that before I left because we had e-mailed. She contacts me from time to time if anything I might like has come in. She recommended a pair of peep toe pumps with a very nice heel, but alas, there were none in my size. In fact, there was nothing that I particularly liked in an 11 that day. I did try a couple pair of boots and a pair of casual Mary Janes, but left the store without buying anything.

Since I had some budget, I stopped by Lane Bryant on the way home. The clerk that I adore was in and we did our usual chatting and flirting. I tried on some pants, but found two great skirts on the clearance rack. One was a deep gray with hints of white stitching that came to the knee and the second was a black below the knee with a nice little flair at the bottom. When I tried the skirts, she came to my dressing room and had me show her. The long skirt was a bit big in the 16 and she insisted that I try the 14. She brought it to me, but I had trouble zipping it. Without hesitation she came in the dressing room, pulled the skirt's waist up to my chest and zipped it, then pulled it down to my waist. A little secret she said about getting a tight waist skirt zipped.

That's when she saw my boots and started gushing about them. I told her where to get them, etc. and she had me put them on with the skirt. She liked the look if they were knee boots (the Gooro boots are only to the calf.) After making my purchases and chatting with the whole sales staff in the empty store, I headed home from a great day of heeling.

Attached are pictures of the outfit I wore, the boots, and the skirts I bought.

Happyfeat:-)

The dress looks great with the heels. Have you tried it with pointy toed high heeled dress pumps yet?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

The fifth attachment is the dress I bought last week with my Nine West "Lucaro" pumps. They are the dressiest black pumps I own.

post-5655-133522879822_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879826_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879831_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879835_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522879838_thumb.jpg

HappyFeat: Highly impressive pics! You look damn great in the black dress and matching pumps! I'm not kidding! You certainly do have style! More power to you, my friend!

HappyFeat - fantastic adventures, I've just finished reading through the entire thread, great read! I kept reading to see if you got the girl - but the story isn't over yet. You mention that you're not sure if assistants in shops are possibly being friendly to get a sale, whilst that might be true - after all, it's their job to sell stuff - I'm sure you make their day. I did a stint in retail HMV in Oxford St - (what can you do with a degree in music?) - I had my favourite customers, the ones who'd brighten my day. They were the enthusiasts, the ones who loved music, the ones you could spend time chatting with, who knew their stuff and recognised that you knew your stuff. Then again, there's nothing more attractive than confidence. You have it in spades! I haven't heeled for a while as many of you know, the ankles are not as young as they were my boy, and I'm not looking for a woman, but meeting someone whilst wearing heels is the way. Saves a lot of problems down the line. There's something about wearing heels that makes you stand out - even makes me stand out - from the crowd. I've even had to use the "girlfriend" word myself!

Great looks. I even like the sweater. Not too wild....LOL

Just wild enough. I do try to wear it in moderation. ;-)

I love the grey skirt. Very nice :w00t2:.

Actually, I wasn't even interested in buying it until I tried it on and just fell in love with it. I have a pair of trousers in the same material from Lane Bryant as well. I think I am up to six or seven skirts in my collection, but have yet to muster enough courage to wear one out in broad daylight.

HappyFeat: Highly impressive pics! You look damn great in the black dress and matching pumps! I'm not kidding! You certainly do have style! More power to you, my friend!

Happyfeat:-)

The black dress and the pumps look great on you. A very nice basic outfit and looks quite comfortable.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I love the Nine West pumps. A simple black pump with a great heel. You look good with those pumps and the dress!

The black dress with the pumps is the outfit!

Speaking of not mustering the courage...

Thanks for all of the wonderful complements on the dress. I will say that I fell in love with it in the dressing room, but didn't get the real impact of how flattering it is until I was editing the pictures to post. I wasn't even sure why I bought it, but I am so happy I did.

I would love to wear it out before it begins to warm up, but I haven't a clue where to wear it. Heck, I don't even own a purse and didn't even figure out that a dress requires a purse until I got home. It may even be a bit much for me, but I don't buy any clothing without at least the intention of wearing it in public.

Thanks for the complements and I will work on mustering the courage.

HappyFeat - fantastic adventures, I've just finished reading through the entire thread, great read! I kept reading to see if you got the girl - but the story isn't over yet.

You mention that you're not sure if assistants in shops are possibly being friendly to get a sale, whilst that might be true - after all, it's their job to sell stuff - I'm sure you make their day. I did a stint in retail HMV in Oxford St - (what can you do with a degree in music?) - I had my favourite customers, the ones who'd brighten my day. They were the enthusiasts, the ones who loved music, the ones you could spend time chatting with, who knew their stuff and recognised that you knew your stuff.

Then again, there's nothing more attractive than confidence. You have it in spades! I haven't heeled for a while as many of you know, the ankles are not as young as they were my boy, and I'm not looking for a woman, but meeting someone whilst wearing heels is the way. Saves a lot of problems down the line. There's something about wearing heels that makes you stand out - even makes me stand out - from the crowd. I've even had to use the "girlfriend" word myself!

Thank you for the kind words. No, I never got the girl. I had visited the store a few times, but she was never in. Of course, I have developed a very nice rapport with many other people in stores my shopping experiences have become more visits than actual shopping. As for the story, I don't think it will ever be quite over as long as I am out there.

I believe that people are pretty genuine and I can tell when a store associate isn't friendly or open to a guy wearing heels - they just don't interact or are quite distant. I have had some wonderful luck meeting open minded people which has really enhanced my heeling experiences.

If anything, heeling makes me more confident and I am simply more confident when wearing heels. I guess in some ways it is living as the man I am not just trying to be somebody who fits in.

Tomorrow is another day. It's supposed to warm up and I am planning on another outing. We'll see what opportunities come up.

Thanks for all of the wonderful complements on the dress. I will say that I fell in love with it in the dressing room, but didn't get the real impact of how flattering it is until I was editing the pictures to post. I wasn't even sure why I bought it, but I am so happy I did.

I would love to wear it out before it begins to warm up, but I haven't a clue where to wear it. Heck, I don't even own a purse and didn't even figure out that a dress requires a purse until I got home. It may even be a bit much for me, but I don't buy any clothing without at least the intention of wearing it in public.

Well, as for destinations, how about dinner at a nice restaurant of your choosing? I think that dress would work perfectly in that sort of setting. Pair it with a nice long black coat and you've got a killer ensemble. Regarding a purse, just let your fingers roam through the Internet, focus on department stores which often have large selections and look for something you think might be suitable. As a matter of practicality, look for something big enough that will carry everything you'll need for an outing (Wallet, keys, cellphone, etc.) but not humongous, at the same time, make sure it's isn't small either. Oh, yeah, make sure you pick out a black purse as your bag should always match your shoes! Hopefully you'll eventually take the dress out for an evening.