The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

HappyFeat: Your latest outing sounds like quite an interesting time. It never would've occured to me to go to a library. Very interesting indeed! Certainly gives me ideas as far as new places to go in heels! More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hmmm! New places to wear heels? Thighbootguy wears his to the Art museum and other members wear heels to the bank, why not to the library or to the court house to pay your taxes or to the motor vehicle department to renew your automobile license plates? All good choices where you can appear in public with confidence that you won't stir up adverse reaction.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hmmm! New places to wear heels? Thighbootguy wears his to the Art museum and other members wear heels to the bank, why not to the library or to the court house to pay your taxes or to the motor vehicle department to renew your automobile license plates? All good choices where you can appear in public with confidence that you won't stir up adverse reaction.

Actually, I have worn heels to museums, the bank, to pay utility bills, and to the courthouse to pay taxes. Funny you should mention those places. A library was high on my list for a long time, but I just never had much of a chance to go. In fact, I have worked in many libraries and it is not uncommon to get people who are out of the ordinary or avaunt-gard in their fashion choices or behavior. Public libraries are as diverse as the public they serve and I would recommend anybody to try it.

Another place I used to go a lot in heels was the post office. Yesterday I had to take several packages to the post office to be sent, and even though I hadn't been inside since last summer, when I walked in the clerk look right down at my feet. I wasn't wearing heels, but it is amazing that not only had I been noticed I was remembered.

I love looking for new places to heel. But here in lies a dilemma for me. Just like the post office yesterday, if I return to a place where I had commonly worn heels when I am not wearing heels, it is almost like a disappointment to people. It is like after a while people EXPECT to see me in heels. As strange as it sounds there are places that I will go only while wearing heels. I know this may seem strange to many people, but it is a little nuance to heeling I did not anticipate.

Style is built from the ground up!

As strange as it sounds there are places that I will go only while wearing heels. I know this may seem strange to many people, but it is a little nuance to heeling I did not anticipate.

I can understand that and in the same way certain locations is a NO NO.

Not that I am that established in my heeling but some places seem more right or when without "I should be in heels here"

Keep on leading

Al

Life has been terribly busy recently and I haven't been able to make it out much in heels. Its just that time of year for me, moving in too many directions to speak and almost all of those directions do not allow me to do so in heels. But today was a very nice day and a new show opened at the arts institute in my town, so I decided to cut loose for a bit. I dressed simply - black sweater, gray Lane Bryant trousers (which are too big for me), my Nine West "Gooro" boots in faux snake skin, and my latest purchase - a small Coach lather bag in black. Though I have gone out in a skirt, sandals, and other "over the top" combination recently, I had yet to carry a purse. So, I figued I would give it a try since the weather was so Springlike I didn't want to bother with a coat. Since the show opened last weekend, I didn't expect there to be many people at the gallery. I had forgotten than the gallery also held classes during the week and I arrived about the same time many classes were getting started. I was a little nervous, but not enough to slow me down. Though my pants have a straight leg, they are talls and covered most of my boots. To a casual observer, they actually look a little ( a very little) like snake skin Western boots, so I just entered the building with confidence. There were several people milling around, mostly women, over 50, but here were a few very attractive women in their 30's - probably desperate housewife types. Though I made eye contact and spoke to a few people, none seemed to notice my footwear, but my bag did get a couple of long glances, which did not suprise me. Also, since most people were otherwise engaged in getting someplace on time, they really didn't take time to linger on anything, let alone me. Things settled down quickly. An earthy women, in her late 30's was setting at a desk overseeing the exhibit. I went to her desk, she glanced up from her magazine and offered me a printed pamplet to the exhibit. I opened my purse, took out a five and dropped it in the donation box. She thanked me but didn't say anything else. Probably a volunteer, she didn't really seem like she wanted to be bothered. Besides, she did not strike me as anybody who would be intersted in Nine West boots ot Coach bags, used either by a man or a woman. I browsed the works - all local art from people who had never exhibited before. Though the work was done by amatures and adult students it was interesting and fun. I really liked a couple of black and white photographs and of course thought I cold do better. Maybe I should man up, grow a pair end enter next year. For about 45 minutes, I was the only person at the exhibit, much as I suspected, but an older couple came in. We spoke as we passed each other while looking. The really cool thing was the stilettos on my boots made a soft, but audible "click, click" as I moved on the hardwood floors in the large rooms. When I left, the clicks got the attention of the woman working at the desk, who looked over her magazine as I walked out. Though she didn't react I could see her eyes follow my feet as I left the hall. Though it was only about an hour, It was very nice to get out again.

post-5655-133522881125_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881129_thumb.jpg

Well, damn, HF! Those boots certainly looked fantastic! Bravo to you and your great taste! I'm sure you enjoyed your outing, even if it was brief, but then, I've always been a firm believer in quality over quantity! ;-)

I got out again last weekend on both Saturday and Sunday. I can't remember the last time I got to heel two days in a row. Life is very busy for me this time of year and when I do get a chance to get out the weather is normally lousy. So, I decided to brave the cold and get out for a bit. My day Saturday stared without heels. A friend of mine was going out of town and needed a lift to the airport, so I obliged. He wanted to stop and buy a new suit for his trip and we hit the outlets. While he shopped for his suit, I hit the bass outlet looking for a new pair of loafers but instead bought a very cute pair of black leather suede booties with a 3 inch heel. While I was trying them on, the women in the store were quite curious, keeping a close eye on me, asking me if I needed help every 5 seconds, etc. Its funny that I now assume that most people who work in a shoe store have seen a guy trying on heels. Its normal to me, I just act normal, and they get used to it. After the airport, I got a call from a female friend of mine. We had been talking about getting together for dinner for some time and I agreed. I deiced to just go for it. She knows that I love heels and is OK with it, though not really into it if that makes any sense. Since one of my resolutions was to have a date in heels I put on a yellow sweater, Lane Bryant trouser jeans in light blue, and my blue patent Bandolino loafers. We met at the restaurant, she complemented me on my shoes and said she wished she could find them in her size. Of course, these loafers always attract a lot f attention, so everybody in te restaurant caught a glimpse. Dinner went well, though I wouldn't call it a date. To me it is only a date if there is a possibility of sex afterward. But we'll see where it goes. On Sunday, I had to take my new Bass booties out for a spin. I was in desperate need of a haircut, so I went to the mall wearing a black sweater, dark LB trouser jeans and my new shoes. On the way into the mall, I ran into somebody I know casually. Though he did check out my shoes, he said nothing. We chatted, exchanged e-mails and caught up over about a 15 minute period. This was the first time I just didn't care who knows I wore heels. I am moving past that rapidly. When I went for my cut, I was taken right in. Since I am a bit follically challenged, it doesn't take long. The stylist was about 30 and very attractive, though she did most of the talking and it was tough to get a word in. She did a nice job with my cut, washed my hair before and after the cut and even massaged my scalp. When she was sweeping up around me, I know she had gotten a good look at my shoes, really wanted to ask, but was too nervous. I thought about trying to work them into the conversation, but the shop was crowded and not a good place for conversation beyond small talk. When she was checking me out, I asked her about the shampoo she used and since I was out, I needed some anyway. She gave me a grand tour of the shampoo, helped me pick some out. I picked up a bottle of the new O.P.I nail polish for my next pedicure "Bronzed to Perfection", but she made no comment when I handed her the bottle. For some reason I wanted her to say something and not force the conversation. Anyway, it was a fun experience. Since I didn't have much time, I went home to get ready for the week. I am hoping that life gives me a breather in the next few days so I can spend more than two hours out in my heels. Attached are pictures of this weekend's outfits and shoes.

post-5655-133522881307_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881309_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881313_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881315_thumb.jpg

OK, tonight was my best outing yet! I decided to go for it...White cuffed dress shirt, Lane Bryant lace skirt, bare legs, Enzio Angoli "Mylist" peep toe sling backs, and Coach black leather bag. I didn't even give my outfit any thought beyond by top. I didn't care, it was what I wanted to wear and I did it. My evening started at a benefit party. Though it was at an alternative club, most of the crowd was straight and a few people there I had met before. As I was walking into the bar, I was stopped by no less than five women who told me they loved my shoes. I chatted with each for about a minute, but headed into the bar. I ordered a drink, milled around and eventually settled talking with a young woman, 23, for most of my time there. We danced a bit, but after the initial discussion about my attire, it was never mentioned again. I did get a pretty passionate good night kiss when she took her friend (pretty inebriated) home. I danced some more with a variety of people, but when the party began to break up I headed for a second dance club. At the next place, the crowd was thinning, but it didn't take me long to meet ANOTHER cute woman, about 26, who I danced with most of the evening. It is remarkable how comfortable my shoes were. She was wearing 4 inch boots that were giving her fits, so I offered her a foot massage and when she agreed I massaged her feet right at the bar. I told her that a guy who wears heels as high as hers understands. Again, another passionate good-night kiss and a phone number. I had a really great time! Any guys who are apprehensive in any way about simply doing your own thing...just get out and do it! Also, I LOVE wearing a skirt. I blame JeffB for that. Tonight was also the first night I was clubbing with a purse. I am also hooked. I love how simple a purse can make your life. The attached pictures include my outfit, my shoes, a pic of me setting at the bar and a shot of my shoes while I ws out. I truly feel in my element when I am wearing heels!

post-5655-133522881401_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881403_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881408_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881411_thumb.jpg

Also, I LOVE wearing a skirt. I blame JeffB for that. Tonight was also the first night I was clubbing with a purse. I am also hooked. I love how simple a purse can make your life.

Oh, sure! Blame me for that! Sheesh! Can't a brother catch a break? HA!

Anyhoo, nice outfit, my friend, you looked great, ditto for the shoes. Most impressed with the entire package! And your clubbing adventure was seriously great, especially in the way you so easily mingled with the opposite sex. Big time ups to you on your latest outing!

While wearing heels is my thing, skirts are not. Don't know why, but other than a few times dressing when I was younger, I've never had the desire to wear skirts. dresses or other items of women's apparel -- besides, heels, hose and a garterbelt to hold up my stockings, from time to time. However, you look great and both you and JeffB are to be commended for appearing out and about wearing whatever you feel like wearing. Thanks for the pictures. (And, perhaps the telephone number might lead to a nice evening with some pleasant company.;-))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Nice job Happy! Everything looks great and it sounds like you had alot of fun. I wish it was that easy for me with ladies. Maybe it might help if I start wearing a skirt lol!

HappyFeat, I don't really know whether to shit or go blind! I have toyed with the skirt and heels idea etc. but to go on the hunt like that; incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My many hats off to you!!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

First, I wanted to apologize for my previous post. I was a bit tipsy when I wrote it, so I didn't go into as much detail as I usually do, but it seems from the comments that everybody seemed to get the overall impression of my outing. It was so much fun, that I just couldn't wait until morning to share.

Another nice outing HF! I'm impressed, even getting some phone numbers from the ladies! :w00t2: Nice look too. ;-)

Thanks for the complement. It was way out of the box for me. Until recently, I would have never considered wearing a lace skirt thinking it was way to girly. Then I remembered, when I wear it I really suck the girly right out of it and it becomes mine. I had a lot of debate about what shoes to wear - black knee boots, pumps and nylons, sandals, but decided on the peep toes which I really love.

One of the great things about the peep toes was the comments I got about having my nails done. Though they are chipped a bit and need retouched (I am way over due for a pedicure) women were quite impressed with that little detail.

Nice job Happy! Everything looks great and it sounds like you had alot of fun. I wish it was that easy for me with ladies. Maybe it might help if I start wearing a skirt lol!

This may sound strange, but wearing s skirt really helps me be more confident. Frankly, I am seldom that bold when in regular guy clothes or even more inconspicuous heels. part of it is that I feel great when I put together a great outfit and do my own thing. That doesn't hurt my attitude at all.

However, when you are a guy in a skirt, you have nothing to hide. Its pretty much all out there for the world to see. Just these mere act of walking into a place announces your presence so if you see somebody you like, you might as well go for it.

Also, the skirt (as well as the heels and nails) are great conversation starters. All you need then is the will to talk.

HappyFeat, I don't really know whether to shit or go blind! I have toyed with the skirt and heels idea etc. but to go on the hunt like that; incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Bootking, the former is a much better long term solution than the latter. However, I hope if you choose the latter it isn't out of fright! LOL

Seriously, get your fine legs out there if you want. Actually doing it is so much more fun than simply toying!

Very nice indeed Happy Feats :-)

You are not shy for sure... Nice to see someone who wears what he wants when he wants.

Now wondering how you will be dressed on your next outing ? Looks like you tried it all !

Ah, there lies my dilemma. What to do for an encore. Well I am planning a couple of outings this week, but neither will be on quite the same scale. A skirt and/or peep toes may be involved, but nothing like Friday night.

In the near future, I am planning on going out in the knit dress that I bought and posted earlier, so that may be my next "over the top" experience.

Another thought was that after Friday, I just want to keep going. However, this feeling has almost desensitized me to simply wearing heels for everyday type outings. Funny huh? In any case I will be getting out more and more as the weather improves, work begins to slow down, and I have more time to enjoy. Stay tuned, you never know what comes next.

By the way, I am always open to suggestions on what to wear, where to go out, etc.

Spring is slowly coming and I am trying to take full advantage. I made it out yesterday for a short (three hour outing) and today for an extended, all-day adventure. Yesterday's adventure was a bit over the top - at least as far as my outfit went. I wore a gold dress shirt, black Lane Bryant gauchos, my off white Lane Bryant jacket, cream nylons and my ancient Nine West "Glaze" slings with a 3" heel and a very pointed toe. These are the very first Nine West shoes I bought and the really started an addiction on my part. Maybe I should get them bronzed... The outing mainly consisted of going to traditional "safe" places. I am far more relaxed, as my second outing demonstrates, but these are the places that I would go every time I wanted to try something new. My first stop was Lane Bryant, where I visited with the staff, met the new manager (who isn't that impressed with me, but I am a customer) and bought a jacket that matched a pair of pants that I bought a long time ago ($8...I love clearance!) I tried on some stuff, and had a very realizing time. My favorite people weren't working last night, but it was still a lot of fun. My second stop was the Shoe Department store. The woman working was thrilled to see me and recounted the details of what I was looking for the last time I was in (about a month ago.) She took me and gave me a tour of all the new things they got in including a killer pair of Steve Madden with a peep toe and a 5 inch heel. They didn't come in my size however. Next, I went outlet shopping. After about half an hour in Nine West visiting with the manager, I walked with her to the Easy Spirit outlet. She wanted to introduce me to their manager since she had talked a lot about me. We visited for a while, talked about shoes, and eBay, and clothes, and shopping...The Nine West outlet doens't have many 11's and Easy Spirit is a bit too conservative for my taste, so i did save some money...My final stop was the Lane Bryant outlet to see if there was anything that had come in since my last visit. There were a few things like some great crop pants, with matching jackets, but since I only shave in the winter, I wouldn't get much use out of them. Today's outing was much more ambitious. I wore my Lane Bryant matching jacket and trousers with a pinstripe pattern and light blue and red highlights (I guess together they make a pants suit), a white cuffed seersucker type material shirt, cuff links, black trouser socks, and a black Ann Klein pumps. They have a wing tip pattern and a very high vamp. They almost look like boots and with my flared trousers and dark hosiery, they were actually quite inconspicuous. My day started by going to Barnes and Nobel, browsing for about an hour, enjoying a hot beverage, and just relaxing. I did notice a few people glance my way, but they looked at my shoes and then me and went back to their business. When the stores opened, I hit the Shoe Carnival, DSW, and Marshall's. Again very little attention directed my way. I went to Bakers at the mall. The clerk brought me all three pair of 11's they had in the store (two boots and a pair of pumps), I tried them and modeled them. The Jessica Simpson pumps were nice, but I already have my share of black pumps. I went to Panerra for lunch. Spent about two hours there, eating, playing on the computer, doing some paperwork. Again I did get a little notice, but mainly from the staff. More shopping (browsing) followed as I went a crossed town to another mall. Border's, Barnes and Nobel, Macy's, etc. I tried on shoes at the Bandolino store, again all of the 11's on clearance (4 pair), chatted with the clerk, etc. I went to J. Crew and browsed for a bit. The only reason that is worth a mention is that all of the female clerks were wearing GREAT shoes today. But that was the extent. At this point, the shoes were hurting my feet a bit (not yet broken in) so I went to Starbuck's, pulled up a seat and did some more paperwork. A guy working on his computer across the room was the only person who acknowledged me, giving a coy smile after looking at my feet. Most of the people in coffee shops seem to be engrossed in their work, reading, texting, computers, etc. so even thought I was there for over an hour, I was paid little attention. Which is fine by me. I just loved spending the day out in heels. I think my blood pressure went down 50 points today! Attached are pictures from my last two outings. Some have my jackets on, some don't. I will be positng other pictures in my gallery of my outfits- eventually.

post-5655-133522881964_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881968_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881971_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881974_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522881977_thumb.jpg

Bravo, HF! Once again, I am suitably impressed with your fine sense of style. It's not every day that I see anyone in gauchos, regardless of the gender, but you pulled it off very well. Two thumbs up! The slings you wore with them were a nice finishing touch. I also admire your boldness in shopping in your outfits, again, you've demonstrated just how easy it is to wear what you want, go wherever you want and do whatever you want like you had on your recent adventure. Keep up the great work, my friend!

Happy Feats :-)

Hmmm...What else can I say ? Read again my post dated March 8: It still apply to your last 2 outings ;-)

Now what could be the next step ? Is-it really possible to do more ?

Only outfit I could imagine is a mini-skirt and blouse with OTK boots and a purse :w00t2:

Will you go that far ? (I must admit I would not go that far) Can't wait to read about your next outing !

After the wonderful time I had last Tuesday afternoon, I was pretty excited. So after coming home and posting my outings, I decided to go out AGAIN, to Karaoke night at one of the bars where I went last week while wearing my lace skirt and peep toe slingbacks. The "scene of the crime" so to speak. I had such a great time that night, I just had to combine the two. Since I was excited, I took my outfit a bit over the top and actually, I think it is one of the better outfits that I have ever put together! I wore a gray satin dress shirt, a gray linen/cotton knee length skirt, sheer gray shimmery nylons, and gray Steve Madden "Curtesy" pumps. The shoes are a bit tight, but since I had spent most of the day with my feet in heels, they weren't really that bad. The bar gets a nice crowd on Tuesday nights, and there were many familiar faces, and a few new ones. Also, I get a nice reception from customers and the staff. By now, many of the regular patrons have seen me in all sorts of outfits, and I usually don't receive many comments about my attire. I sat at the bar next to the owner who was talking to a very cute, though quite chubby girl. When I sat down, the girl turns to me, points to a picture on the wall as says, "I love that picture!" The picture was one of several prints that I had made for the owner that are similar to my avatar. It turns out that she is an amateur photographer herself, so we talked about equipment, techniques, Photoshop, etc. She gave me her phone number and we may get together to do a shoot or two. She really wants me to model for her, so we'll see how that goes. After a while, the DJ took a break. I have gone to is karaoke shows for years at several different bars. He bought me a drink, we chatted for a while and caught up. I talked to the owner for a while about her woman problems and she even invited me to judge an upcoming drag show. We'll see how that works out. After I left, I was still feeling bold so I stopped at a late night convenience store that I frequent a lot, but usually never in heels. I walked right in, skirt, pumps and all - bought an energy drink, chatted with the clerk and walked out as confident as I came in, I didn't even look over my shoulder to see her reaction, if any. Though I had gone to this place many times, it was my first time in a skirt. On Wednesday night, I decided to try the phone numbers that I got last week. One of the women didn't answer, but one told me that she was going to Karaoke at the second bar I was at while wearing my lace skirt. I told her I would meet her there, and she was genuianly happy to hear that. She asked me if I was going to wear a skirt again, and I said yes I would do that. I slipped on a red dress shirt, black knee length LB skirt, black nylons and my Baker's "Kamilla" platform pumps and headed out the door. We met, talked for a while. Though she is a very nice woman, we really didn't hit it off. Basically we come from two entirely different world, so dating, etc. was not of any interest to eaither of us. Though I know I have made yet another very fun bar friend. About midnight, she and her friends left and I hung around for a while. A group of very attractive stylish, 20-somethings came in. All with great shoes. One was wearing a great pair of Nine West peep toes, I did my "guess the shoe" game, got it right, and she was impressed. Actually one of her friends was wearing a pair of really cute pumps from Wal-Mart. Go figure! They asked me to take of group picture of them, which I did, and they more or less dismissed me after that. I get a kick out of young people - a guy in a skirt isn't THAT weird, but the "old guy" is creepy. I then sat at the bar and talked to a friend of mine for bout an hour abot politics, his dating woes, etc. It was a fun evening, though not nearly as much as the last few have been. By my calculations, I have now had 20 outings in 2009. The year has been very busy and lmited my time out, but in the end I have made it out 4 times in 3 days this week. Next week life returns to normal, but my recent experiences have been so wonderful.

post-5655-133522882047_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352288205_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522882053_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522882055_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Happy Feats....I really enjoy reading of your adventures. As well as I do those of Thighbootguy, JeffB and a few others. ;-)

I really like the Red and Black outfit. It looks great. Thanks for the freat story and for inspiring others to follow in your footsteps.

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Yesterday, I decided to go out yet again, this time for lunch. As my last few outings were a bit over the top, I decided to go a bit understated and enjoy a relaxing afternoon in heels. I wore my Nine West "Tornado" boots, Lane Bryant tall flare jeans, and a black turtleneck sweater. One of my goals was to reorganize my HHPlace Gallery, because I tend to be OCD when it comes to organizing stuff on a Web site. I am a librarian after all... Since I had my computer, I went to Panerra Bread because they have decent (but a bit over priced food) and FREE Internet access. I had been there many times heeling, butit has been a while since I have been to this particular store. When I walked up to the counter, the woman working immediately told me shoe loved my computer bag and asked me where I got it. Actually my bag is pretty cool- just a thin bag for a 15 inch notebook PC, faux canvas with vertical stripes in khaki, orange, green, light blue, etc. - basically a southwest pattern. It is old and ratty - the shoulder strap is long gone, the zipper is broken, etc. I told her I bought it at target two years ago in clearance for $5. She was impressed. We chatted for a few minutes, she took my order, etc. and I grabbed a seat. Not 5 minutes later, she came into the area where I was setting with her lunch. I asked her if she would like to join me, which she did! We ate, talked about her computer, her children, her schedule. She never made mention of my boots, but why should she? She returned to work and I spent the rest of the two hours I was there working in my computer and filling up of iced tea refills. A couple of young women, maybe early college age, looked up from their work and smiled at my boots. When I was leaving one of them stared me down with a long approving look. I took this as a complement because she was pretty hot and stylish herself. Heeling is really bring out the extrovert in me and I love how I feel when I am out in them. Like I said, even in understated heels, there is too much fun to be had. My week off is coming to an end, but I still might make it out one more time this coming weekend. Attached is a picture of my outfit.

post-5655-133522882176_thumb.jpg

HappyFeat: Well, you certainly do have all going on right now. Bravo to you on last couple of outings where you showed off your brilliant sense of style, especially with those skirt outfits you sported! Two thumbs to you, my friend!