Socks or Hose with boots?

secondtake20

I was thinking this afternoon after my experience (Oh No what have I done??? under Everybody Discussion). What does everyone else wear when they wear their boots, socks or hose? I was wearing hose due to the fact the boots I was wearing are a size too small. I didn't know what size to buy when I bought them. I was just being nosey.

Hi secondtake20, I wear both, 60/40 kneehighs/hose. They both do the trick and very comfy with boots. If I am wearing booties or ankle boots I use kneehighs, kneehigh boots I am in hose. Once winter comes in Canada, I even go with tights for more warmth. Hardly ever use socks in boots, just does not feel right. Mtnsofheels

well, for me it all depends on the particular pair (any of 3 I have of knee high boots) that I'm wearing, its all in how they feel to my feet with that style of boot, I've found that that all have a different need for different socks/hose, the 3rd pair doesnt really count I would guess, in this case in that they are completly flat (these are my all day WALKING boots worn only when I need to walk down the number of hills in my neighborhood from my house where I live, since wearing the other 2 HIGH HEEL boots is not very sensible since I have had a very hard time almost twisting my ankle in doing so)

I always wear knee highs with boots, sometimes tights or stockings, if the outfit demands it;) Moving on, I prefer to knee highs rather than socks as the latter are always too thick. The exception is when I'm wearing heavy men's shoes, then it's knee highs under the socks for comfort.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

It depends on how the boot fits, like many others have said. canadianbeaver mentioned that they go barefoot in boots. I wouldn't mind this, but my feet contacting the leather seems to make them sweat even more than they do when I wear socks with the boots. If the boot is a little tight (anywhere) it's always good to wear hose instead, or even thin dress socks. Both will do the trick. Even though it's an extra layer of material, the hose usually makes my foot feel a little cooler, and a little looser (but not too loose). Putting the boot on is easier, and you can fit your foot better in the toe box sometimes, because your foot is more willing to go down into the boot. If the heel is very high, sometime barefoot or regular socks is the only way to go, because hose will make my foot slip TOO far into the boot. I have this problem with shoes, especially since I'm a "half size" and I can never get shoes that EXACTLY fit my feet (and one foot is bigger than the other, like many people). So the short answer? Boots, usually hose - but just the knee high hose, rolled down.

If I'm wearing stiletto heeled boots it's hose, other heel types like cowboy/cowgirl would be socks. I just don't feel "rite" wearing socks with stilettos.

Kevin

I agree. I can't wear socks with stilettos, I feel like I'm cheating!

Hose for me.

Spiker.

Guys! My boyfreind started wearing boots just recently. I answering this question for him because he´s not so good writing english. Hope its ok. My boyfreind just now started wearing a narrow pointed toes boots a couple of days ago. First with men´s cotton sock. Telling me his new boots feeling a bit tight. Me I suggested he trying wearing his boots with nylons, So I bought him a pair of hose to try. First he was a bit reluctant to try the hose but I talked him in to it. He tells me this feeling better, his boots feeling not so tight.

i cant stand the feel of barefoot in shoes (sandals excepted) or thick socks (hikers or heavy shoes excepted), so for me its ALWAYS hose or very thin & stretchy socks. the only time i'll break this rule is for kilt-like skirts or winter wear, when i'll don thicker tights or otk heavy-knit socks.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

If I'm wearing stiletto heeled boots it's hose, other heel types like cowboy/cowgirl would be socks. I just don't feel "rite" wearing socks with stilettos.

Kevin

I concur with Kevin. Occasionally I wll wear very thin sock with my stiletto high heels, but I prefer hose.

Definitely hosiery (knee highs) when wearing boots. Socks are too thick and going barefoot is a no-no in my book.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sears has knee high support stockings. They wear like iron and are thinner then mens dress stockings. Sometimes barefoot is cool with pumps but stockings always for boots. I like wearing 'HHBoots' avitar both 5 & 6 inch heels.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Sears has knee high support stockings. They wear like iron and are thinner then mens dress stockings. Sometimes barefoot is cool with pumps but stockings always for boots. I like wearing 'HHBoots' avitar both 5 & 6 inch heels.

Why not buy a pair of L'eggs Trouser Socks? They're about the same thing as support stockings and a lot thinner, too. They come in black, brown, dark blue and white. I never wear regular men's socks (or shoes) anymore. Either stockings with a garter belt or trouser socks.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

For high heels I don´t like socks. As others have said, it doesn´t feel right. I use nylons that only go up to the ankle - the fewer layers betwen my legs and the boots the better. I have some flatter knee boots for which I wear socks because they are a looser fit on the foot.

I went street-heeling for the first time, yesterday afternoon, and opted for the same over-the-calf tube socks I wear with my biker boots. The more comfortable my feet feel, the happier I am, and socks with 4" ankle boots are very comfy!

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

It's all about the fit. Snug boots call for hose or thin trouser socks. Otherwise I need to wear socks, if just to keep the boots in place and not slop around on the feet. I have worn 4 inch block heel boots all day, walking literally miles in them. If they don't fit snugly, then blister city! :smile: I can't go barefoot in boots. Just doesn't feel right...

It's all about the fit. Snug boots call for hose or thin trouser socks. Otherwise I need to wear socks, if just to keep the boots in place and not slop around on the feet. I have worn 4 inch block heel boots all day, walking literally miles in them. If they don't fit snugly, then blister city! :smile:

I can't go barefoot in boots. Just doesn't feel right...

I agree. I go with what the boot (most of the time) needs for my foot to fit properly and feel good.

• 4 weeks later...

well, for me it all depends on the particular pair of my boots that I'm planning to wear, some with socks, the others with hose-a question of proper fit with the different style(s) that I have, each one fits different so I've had to experiment for the over-all best fit.:winkiss: