Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

Re: LadMusician Great find there kneehighs. There's some interesting styles and designs on that site. I'm sure I could wear some of those clothes over here and it would look quite unique.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

A man with a beard is now on the December 2007 cover of French Vogue.

Here is an article on Andre J from the New York Times, Sunday Edition, titled, "A Cover Girl Who's Simply Himself"..

Of interesting note is the following paragraph found in the article, "This is perhaps the place to mention that Andre J. does not consider himself a cross dresser. Except to the extent each of us getting dressed assumes some kind of persona, his style is not drag. He is not a person in regard to whom the prefix “trans-” obtains. It is simply that Andre J., who was raised in a loving single-mother household in a housing project in Newark with the uplifting name Academy Spires, is in no sense confined by the conventions of gender. Think of him as a performance artist who rolls out his own stage every day."

I realize his example of gender bending is extreme, but we can nonetheless take inspiration in that he wears what he wants to wear, regardless of what others think and has achieved positive recognition thereof from the professional fashion community.

post-486-133522850153_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

A fashion editorial depicting men in heels:

http://www.herrvoneden.com/

then click enter

then click gallery on the left

then click Daniel Josefsohn

Is there anyone here who could kindly download these pictures to their computer and convert the pictures to another format (one format for hhplace.org's image attachments and another format for use in the myspace page). Thanks!

Is it just because I'm getting more used to the concept or is it that those pictures seem to be far less avant garde than they would have done a few years ago?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Jean Pierre Braganza recently had men in heels on his runway show in Milan at the Australian Merino Wool's Protege Project 2008. He is currently being mentored by Karl Lagerfeld.

Check out his pictures of himself in his myspace page.

post-486-133522851746_thumb.jpg

I've been looking at some of the Milan shows at work (due to us covering the shows in our news bulletins) and I'm noticing more trends associated with females are now filtering even more to males now - especially bags and jeans/trousers tucked into boots.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Richie Rich

NEW YORK - MAY 3: Heatherette's Richie Rich attends The Poetic Night Collection presented by Swarovski on May 3, 2006 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images)

post-486-133522853908_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen! Let's hope the photos keep coming! Please tell me this won't help (even a little tiny bit) contribute to the cause. Those are all great photos. Some of those I've seen before when I was surfing.;)

Hi to all ... a very interesting article on fashion from Time ... enjoy!

apologies its not a link ... still learning ...

P

www.time.com/time/2004/style/090604/androgyny/

Perhaps kneehighs can email Pete and let him know that it's possible to wear them out clubbing in New York City?;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if any of these have been posted before anywhere, I've looked but I can't find them.

Russell Brand:

http://www.thedeco.co.uk/downloads%5CRussell_Brand_10.JPG

Noel Fielding:

http://www.planetxposure.com/image/NOEL-FIELDING-AND-DATE-LEAVE-PUB_527094.jpg

Johnny Borrell:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6329/kirstendunst0327qj0.jpg

At least three steps in the right direction, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

In one of Europe's best known street fashion sites, Stil in Berlin, a man was photographed wearing what appears to be a chunky heeled version of the blade heel popular in the 2000-2002 years. They are described as being "vintage" but are most likely women's heels.

You can see the picture firsthand on the Sunday April 20, 2008 post titled, "Weinmeisterstraße: Florian".

photograph credit to Stil in Berlin.

post-486-133522857638_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

heeluis!! Nice catch! I love it! :roll:

Here are few pictures I recently came across.

The first three are of Danila Polyakov, a famous male runway model widely esteemed for his androgynous qualities.

The last is of a gentleman from a street fashion site. I think the picture was taken in the Washington D.C. area if I'm not mistaken. pic from dcist.com

post-486-133522858365_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522858368_thumb.jpg

post-486-13352285837_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522858375_thumb.jpg