Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

Great find there fashionablefun. Thanks. :smile: Some of those outfits pictured there I would wear without hesitation. Have I/we started a trend, inspired someone, or is it just a coincidence?

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Often the runway shows feature stuff I wouldn't be caught dead in, but I've got to say that many of those outfits were quite attractive and I could see myself wearing some of them (in public). I do like the look of those flats. And I'm glad to see short shorts instead of the baggy-saggy cargo shorts that are so ubiquitous these days. Acne does push the envelope! Thanks for the link. GWL

Great find there fashionablefun. Thanks. :smile:

Some of those outfits pictured there I would wear without hesitation. Have I/we started a trend, inspired someone, or is it just a coincidence?

Perhpas the answer to your question is in the response from someone at The Fashion Spot. I posted the Acne Jeans photo link there (as well as here) and someone responded:

"It was bound to happen sooner or later, if you ask me."

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f48/ballet-flats-39043-102.html

Video of men wearing stilettos on the runway.

Stefán Orschel-Read

There's even a guy in pumps in the second clip. Even though it looked like he needed some practice walking, I was still excited to see the stilettos on the runway.

Video discovered on non other than myspace.com

And a Gareth Pugh runway picture:

Posted Image

Granted, the design is really far out, but it is memorable.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Still waiting for a man on the runway in heels dress as a man. Or is there one?

In the videos above, the men are wearing wigs to enhance the entertainment and shock value. Other than that, they are dressed as men...some of them wear tuxedo jackets and pants....others wear "sport jackets" and pants...which is enough for me.

Cool vid, but both links are the same. You need to fix the second one for part two. Great posting though and yes one of the guys looked like he was struggling in his heels. Some cool outfits.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Cool vid, but both links are the same. You need to fix the second one for part two.

Great posting though and yes one of the guys looked like he was struggling in his heels. Some cool outfits.

Thanks. That's what Gary0618 mentioned earlier today, only I didn't have time to fix it until now.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice find! IMHO, it's always good to find another man wearing high heels, even if his particular style doesn't appeal to me or someone else. For fashion is really like food. One dish may be delicious to one, but taste terrible to another. Great job.

Yep! You both are very slim. Apart from the hair colour and the platform shoes he could be you or kneehighs 8) But he has earned a slightly better nourishing (*g*)

Who- me? Well, if you saw me, you'd say I'm not that slim- 82kg @ 180cm [w/o heels, of course :)]. Wearing a corset would help, though- the only pain is that they're so expensive that I don't see a way to get my hands on one of them anytime soon!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the beat goes on...

Mens Fendi

Those shoes look like Ballerinas to me...

btw: I'm gone through 1200 of 2800 pictures on style.com till now :smile: and the only interesting pics I could find are the 4 I posted here but there are two things I noticed while looking at all those fashion pics:

1. All you freestylers around here are better in combining the right clothes!

2. Those fancy colors like neongreen, orange and pink on shoes and socks for the upcoming season (I'm not sure if I really like those colors)

post-8976-133522848093_thumb.jpg

post-8976-133522848094_thumb.jpg

Ok, sorry, that's it for now, I would like to post a few more pics I found on firstview.com but this page seems to be down at the moment and the pics I found on google are to small to post. The designers Belstaff and Dsquared have some heel and boot pictures in their collections.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know what other thread to put this picture in, so I defaulted to this thread. Here is a window display of Jennyb Shoes on Spring Street in Soho. You can see that they are selling knee high boots for men--they retail for $795. I think I'll stick to the women's version. A shop up the road on the corner of Prince and Houston also sells knee high boots for men.

post-486-133522848864_thumb.jpg

I didn't know what other thread to put this picture in, so I defaulted to this thread. Here is a window display of Jennyb Shoes on Spring Street in Soho. You can see that they are selling knee high boots for men--they retail for $795. I think I'll stick to the women's version. A shop up the road on the corner of Prince and Houston also sells knee high boots for men.

Why should I buy my heels from such greedy money addicteds?

I'm convinced that Jennyb has a defect in her brain. At least she has deserved the first shot to the mars. Even Jean Gaborit and Italian Heels are selling their expensive styles much more priceworthy than this stupid cow or her people kidding managers. My favourite passion is to sink down all this ridiculous Louis Vuitton fans into the deepest grounds of the sea.

micha (*vicious*)

Am I confused :smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Why should I buy my heels from such greedy money addicteds?

I'm convinced that Jennyb has a defect in her brain. At least she has deserved the first shot to the mars. Even Jean Gaborit and Italian Heels are selling their expensive styles much more priceworthy than this stupid cow or her people kidding managers. My favourite passion is to sink down all this ridiculous Louis Vuitton fans into the deepest grounds of the sea.

micha (*vicious*)

Am I confused :smile:

Micha

I give you a B+ for you english... and an A++ for your humor.

I agree with you 100%.

But remember, most New Yorkers Are a Bit Wacked ! !

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Same here in germany...

There is one webshop (www.yoox.de) selling designer clothes and this year for the first time kneehigh boots for men. The boots for men are that expensive, that a normal person like me cannot afford a pair but if you take some time and look around for womens oversized boots you will find out that they have exactly the same styles and they cost less than the half of men's boots. So why should i buy those?

Micha

I give you a B+ for you english... and an A++ for your humor.

I agree with you 100%.

But remember, most New Yorkers Are a Bit Wacked ! !

Hi Gary,

it's not the stupidity of the New Yorkers. I'm sure that a lot of rich people from New Jersey are buying their expensive fashion in the boutiques of NYC. In my hometown Frankfurt - a small "village" in the deepest province of Germany :smile: - you can find in the Goethe street a lot of noble boutiques. Clothes or shoes below 300 € are an affront to their customers. 300 meters away homeless persons are begging for 10 cents. There must be something wrong with our wonderful new globalized world ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 4 weeks later...

Good news guys. In an article in the International Herald Tribune titled, "In Japan, it's the men who want to be skinny and cute," dated November 19, 2007 I found an interesting quote:

"Shirakawa likes to wear his girlfriend's clothes and often shows up for work wearing her blouse and jeans, to the general approval of his co-workers.

Hirayama said: "For young men, wearing women's clothes has almost become a status symbol - a confirmation of being slim and pretty and, therefore, desirable. Young women, on the other hand, are less interested now in looking beautiful for the benefit of young men. They dress up for themselves, for their own satisfaction."

Later on in the same article, reference to a Japanese brand titled LAD MUSICIAN is made. So I found the Lad Musician site and the picture of the strech long boots in gray below is what I discovered.

They are part of the LAD MUSICIAN 2007-2008 AW COLLECTION "COCKSUCKER BLUES"

They retail for 77,700 Yen, about 475 Euros, 343 British Pounds, or 696 U.S. Dollars.

post-486-13352284976_thumb.jpg

The Japanese race tends to be smaller in stature and slighter in build and physical appearance that most Europeans. I'm not trying to be derogatory or sterotyping the race but this difference does make it eassier for them to wear women's clothing and appear "cute" than their European counterparts.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.